Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The kind that make for cool Kamen Rider morphers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Getsuya posted:

The kind that make for cool Kamen Rider morphers.

Super Sentai is the one with all the cellphone morphers, Kamen Rider was like once.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

Super Sentai is the one with all the cellphone morphers, Kamen Rider was like once.

Full disclosure: 555 is the only one I've really watched.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Getsuya posted:

Full disclosure: 555 is the only one I've really watched.

Yup, that's the one :v: the morpher was cool I agree.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Linnaeus posted:

Romancing saga: minstrel song

idk man i love minstrel song but i think "refighting the same red dragon boss five times until the game sparks Golden Note which is strong enough to let you actually kill it" isn't exactly what i'd call a flawless title

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The closest SaGa game to flawless is the PC version of Last Remnant. Just play it with a guide so you don't miss half the game.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Getsuya posted:

The closest SaGa game to flawless is the PC version of Last Remnant. Just play it with a guide so you don't miss half the game.

I'm actually doing that right now with a sidequest availability list up.

I think I'm making Rush a caster, given how many invocations and heals he's picked up while holding this katana. By which I mean scimitar. Scimitars are katanas, right?

Prism fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 19, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Speaking of hard mode and Dancing Dragon games, you should probably play Skyborn on Hard if you do play it. It's not a long game (I clocked in at 8 hours with all optional content done) and the only thing that remotely challenged me was the hardest of the optional superbosses, and even that was mostly just because she could decide to wipe 3/5 of the party whenever she wanted to.

e: I was playing on normal, so hard will probably be significantly more challenging.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 20, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Any more suggestions of RPG Maker games? Preferably not the more obvious ones that everyone knows/talk about in here.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/811044004024328193

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 20, 2016

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
can i kiss the elf or am i the elf

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

hopefully neither

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kiss yourelf

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
cant wait for feudal links (f. links)

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Getsuya posted:

Was it Persona Q that had a 'this is how much of your life you will waste grinding' meter on its difficulty select screen? Or am I thinking of another game? Some game just straight up told you how much longer Hard mode was going to take you. As if it was a perk or something.

I think it was Oreshika, which was actually pretty cool since it told you that plus you could change the setting if you changed your mind

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

baram. posted:

hopefully neither

hopefully both

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
DAI is the only ROG I can think of where it was much more fun on hard/nightmare modes even on first play. Wouldn't do it with other games though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Don't kiss elves. Elves can gently caress off. I hate all elves. It's not racist if they're elves

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Have elves ever been good people though......

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looper posted:

The closest they come to good is abstaining from the world around them, and even then that tends to cause ancient evils to flourish that they could easily stop.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

I'm getting stella deus flashbacks. (not good)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looper posted:

Rune Factory.

:pcgaming: RAINBOW :pcgaming:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Prism posted:

I think I'm making Rush a caster, given how many invocations and heals he's picked up while holding this katana. By which I mean scimitar. Scimitars are katanas, right?

1) Yes scimitars are katanas but the bad news is that scimitars have poo poo stats at max level compared to katanas, 2h or otherwise

2) Rush is as great of a caster as a born mage (well, discounting poo poo like Pagus's unique Megalore spell) but it's more important to have a good class than it is to "build a caster." Fortunately, Ninja is a hybrid class (primary Katana dual wield katanas [oops] + some arcane... read up on it on the same wiki you're using already) that prevents instant death attacks, which late game bosses love to use.

3) Probably don't give him too much heals, lest his AI bust them out at inopportune times, and they might interfere with you getting a class that doesn't suck.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm getting stella deus flashbacks. (not good)

Why? Stella Deus was a bit clunky, but easy enough to still be enjoyable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's a message from the producer.

quote:

25 years ago, the Atlus RPG uttered its first cry. Speaking of RPGs in those days, the stories in so-called “fantasy” worlds were mainstream. The Shin Megami Tensei series was released as an “opposition” to such a “common” world view, and the Persona series was released as its spin-off. Both series, even today in their latest entries, have always been made with the concept that it will be a counter to the times. And now, in addition to continuing the titles within those series, what will our approach to a new RPG be? That is, to challenge the norms of the genre gamers have been consuming for decades. The challenge is about to begin. We would be happy if you would stand by for the moment we began from zero and the moment we began our challenge from zero.

— Katsura Hashino, producer and game director

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/atlus-announce-brand-new-fantasy-rpg-project-december-23

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Getsuya posted:

But that doesn't have a Sentai/Kamen Rider hero. And earlier this page we established that said heroes are cool.

(Seriously though, between Wild Arms 2 and Red's campaign of SaGa Frontier, I'd kill for a JRPG all about either a lone toku hero or a team. Would probably be fun as hell.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Libluini posted:

it's very slow and very boring. (imo)

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

But that doesn't have a Sentai/Kamen Rider hero. And earlier this page we established that said heroes are cool.

(Seriously though, between Wild Arms 2 and Red's campaign of SaGa Frontier, I'd kill for a JRPG all about either a lone toku hero or a team. Would probably be fun as hell.)

Lost Heroes is a dungeon crawler very similar to 7th Dragon only your team consists of Gundams, Ultramans and Kamen Riders. It's amazing but both it and its sequel are untranslated.

Actually that particular mash-up was also used for an old RPG back on the SNES but I can't remember the name right this moment.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

Libluini posted:

Stella Deus was a kinda dull but perfectly serviceable srpg, that was completely ruined by the item combination system. "In order to get this new knife or whatever, I need these two potions, but in order to make these two potions I need 4 iron shits and 6 swords, which I need to make 5 of, which means I need these 4 other ingredients, 3 of which I don't have and need to make..."

It took vagrant story's awful weapon/item construction system and just cranked it up to 11, I really wanted to like this game, but staring at that item screen for hours, and making little progress after alot of time, ugh

And you couldn't get rid of those scrub generic characters that join your party, iirc.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
March 7th in N. America, 10th in Europe for Atelier Firis including on Steam
http://gematsu.com/2016/12/atelier-firis-launches-march-7-north-america-march-10-europe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Prism posted:

I'm actually doing that right now with a sidequest availability list up.

you shouldnt give rush heals

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The White Dragon posted:

1) Yes scimitars are katanas but the bad news is that scimitars have poo poo stats at max level compared to katanas, 2h or otherwise

2) Rush is as great of a caster as a born mage (well, discounting poo poo like Pagus's unique Megalore spell) but it's more important to have a good class than it is to "build a caster." Fortunately, Ninja is a hybrid class (primary Katana dual wield katanas [oops] + some arcane... read up on it on the same wiki you're using already) that prevents instant death attacks, which late game bosses love to use.

3) Probably don't give him too much heals, lest his AI bust them out at inopportune times, and they might interfere with you getting a class that doesn't suck.

Yeah, it's mostly that I have a scimitar right now and I thought it was funny that they counted as katanas.

I actually figured since he's one of like three people who can learn all the arcana I'd just slide him into Warlock with a stopover in Thaumaturge while I'm learning them. Why are healing spells a problem, anyway? It's not like I know a ton of other spell categories yet.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think it's been posted elsewhere, but I haven't seen anything about it here, so here's some Trails of Cold Steel 3 info as part of Falcom's shareholder meeting.

It's gonna be a PS4 exclusive set for Fall 2017 in Japan.
Screenshots and art released so far:

Some spoilerish info and gameplay ideas below.

quote:

Where does the story of Trails of Cold Steel III start from?

“It starts one-and-a-half years after the end of Trails of Cold Steel II. The members of Class VII, including the protagonist Rean, have graduated from the military academy and are each walking their own paths. While the situation where Rean is used by Osborne in Trails of Cold Steel II continues, he takes a new step at the beginning of Trails of Cold Steel III.

“This time, we’ll depict the western side of the empire, and you can also go to Britannia Island where there is a giant god status similar to the one in Nord.

“The Trails in the Sky characters from Liberl Kingdom will again appear and join the party, and you’ll link up with a certain person from Trails in the Zero. The mystery of Rean’s birth will also be revealed in this game.”

Regarding Battle Scenes

“The fundamental parts will not change, but one of the issues of command battles to be dealt with is that the battle progression seems slow. Since we’re on PlayStation 4 and have buttons, we thought why not directly assign [actions] to each button, so that’s what it became. It’s still in development, so it’s not yet fixed if it will be as you see it, but we’re shooting for something intuitive that progresses with the simple push of a button.

“Also, we’re thinking about a format the seamlessly shifts to battles from the map. Movement is as it was, and your positional relation is important. We’re trying to properly preserve the idea of distance, such as being surrounded, at times you’re back-attacked.

“A new special command called ‘Brave Order’ is also being prepared.”

Regarding the Divine Knight System

“It’s still in development. It was an intense event battles element in the previous game, but this time it will be incorporated as one of the game systems. We’re thinking about battles against several enemies.”

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
That looks really good! And anything that takes lessons from Persona 5's style of controls is a-okay in my book.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Getsuya posted:

Was it Persona Q that had a 'this is how much of your life you will waste grinding' meter on its difficulty select screen? Or am I thinking of another game? Some game just straight up told you how much longer Hard mode was going to take you. As if it was a perk or something.

I haven't played Q, but I know Oreshika on the Vita did this.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Ah! Yeah that was the one. I played those two at roughly the same time so I must have mixed them up.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

tenderjerk posted:

Stella Deus was a kinda dull but perfectly serviceable srpg, that was completely ruined by the item combination system. "In order to get this new knife or whatever, I need these two potions, but in order to make these two potions I need 4 iron shits and 6 swords, which I need to make 5 of, which means I need these 4 other ingredients, 3 of which I don't have and need to make..."

It took vagrant story's awful weapon/item construction system and just cranked it up to 11, I really wanted to like this game, but staring at that item screen for hours, and making little progress after alot of time, ugh

And you couldn't get rid of those scrub generic characters that join your party, iirc.

There was an item combination system? :stare:

Holy gently caress, I put 50+ hours into Stella Deus and even finished the optional dungeon, how did I not remember this?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it feels weird to see jrpgs with non lovely graphics again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

it feels weird to see jrpgs with non lovely graphics again

FF15 only just came out