Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Real hurthling! posted:

Getting hit during giefs v skill is as bad as taking a real hit now if grey life is really nerfed.

That's pretty much the biggest nerf I've seen outside of the little tinkering here and there.

That could actually severely ruin comebacks or momentum in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
There's a universal reversal mechanic in the game but its so bad they had to get rid of DPs because they were too game defining lmao

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I wish the patch notes didn't have the names of moves that I've never heard anyone use before. Same for trials defaulting to that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

I'm excited for season 2 of street fighter 5.

Im curious about it because Id like SFV to be cool but it probably wont do enough to pull me away from Nitroplus.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Im curious about it because Id like SFV to be cool but it probably wont do enough to pull me away from Nitroplus.

I thought about reinstalling and remembered they want another $40 for me to play all the chars.

have capcom or the patch notes acknowledged the rollback desync issues yet??

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ixiggle posted:

have capcom or the patch notes acknowledged the rollback desync issues yet??

Lmao

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Karin changes nerf things that people spam (shoulder, s mk) and buff things that people never used (QCB K, QCB P mixup stuff) seems pretty ok to me. Guess we will it see how it plays in reality.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The Karin changes nerf things that people spam (shoulder, s mk) and buff things that people never used (QCB K, QCB P mixup stuff) seems pretty ok to me. Guess we will it see how it plays in reality.

She's one of the ones who they decided "well her anti air options are weak, so we gave her an air target combo"

:downs:

I still feel dumb here, but maybe this target combo puts them in a juggle state for punishes other wise ???

i guess i barely used karin tho.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

SectumSempra posted:

She's one of the ones who they decided "well her anti air options are weak, so we gave her an air target combo"

:downs:

I still feel dumb here, but maybe this target combo puts them in a juggle state for punishes other wise ???

i guess i barely used karin tho.

Even if it doesn't put them in a juggle state, having an air target combo can be a pretty big deal bc a lot of times a super early air to air will put you in a not so great state frame advantage-wise, whereas if you're able to keep them in the air longer by comboing them you'll land first and have some extra frames to set stuff up

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

Even if it doesn't put them in a juggle state, having an air target combo can be a pretty big deal bc a lot of times a super early air to air will put you in a not so great state frame advantage-wise, whereas if you're able to keep them in the air longer by comboing them you'll land first and have some extra frames to set stuff up

I guess I'm just thinking of good air to airs then like juris jmp, early or late it was just good, with other characters I just stayed on the ground and anti aired.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Shoulder was not nerfed in any way that would make people use it less. s.MK, one of the maybe actual good buttons in the game, is now less safe on block and sounds like it has lovely hitboxes.
Meanwhile, QCB MK is now probably in "literally never use this" territory, QCB LK is still just a move to juggle with after tenko (and is in fact even shittier at neutral than it was before), while QCB HK got buffed but it was already a decent option for comboing a poke into if you didn't trust yourself to get a tenko off of it. So the usage for QCB K is unchanged.
QCB P is not buffed, it's nerfed. The damage on all three versions is reduced while the followups got buffed. But the buffs to the followups aren't enough to make QCB P usable. The slide does more damage (but only enough to make up for the loss on the initial attack) and is -10 on block instead of -12, the throw does more damage and stun. You're still going to get jabbed or worse every time you use QCB P, except for jumping over fireballs or the one-per-match sudden low->QCB LP mixup that people always block after the first one, so again, QCB P usage is not changing at all and you're still never, ever going to use the throw.
EX Dash is slightly easier to go through a projectile with, so that's fine.
Charged VSkill is less safe on block and has a smaller hitbox, but that doesn't actually change the fact that it's just a slow turd of a move for the most part.
VReversal nerf
The only unqualified buffs I think she got were to the Guren followups. The initial attack was nerfed, but all the followups were buffed and the overhead ender is now safe on block so an opponent who blocks a guren might now actually feel somewhat threatened by it.

To me it sounds like she barely changed, but mostly for the worst/stupid.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
What will you miss most from season 1? I will miss getting aa jabbed, dashed under and hosed in the rear end with a full combo.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Otakufag posted:

What will you miss most from season 1? I will miss getting aa jabbed, dashed under and hosed in the rear end with a full combo.

I'll miss all the Ryus that will be replaced with Akumas.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I will miss rear end in a top hat kens throwing out safe tatsus with broken hitboxes and mashing ex dp through them as a follow up

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Real hurthling! posted:

I will miss rear end in a top hat kens throwing out safe tatsus with broken hitboxes and mashing ex dp through them as a follow up

Can I change my answer to this?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

I'll miss this but with the added wonderfullness of popping off Laura's CA animation while in kissing range of the blocked tatsu...and instead of landing it, eating that dp.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Can't log into the servers lol. Good

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

man nurse posted:

Can't log into the servers lol. Good

yeah they're doing the season 2 update from 9-5 pst. Not sure on the 5, but sure on the 9.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

capcom should make primal rage style game except it's all your favorites from monster hunter, iodrome, gendrome, velocidrome, felynes, yan kutkut,

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apple posted:

Throws that lead into itself as oki is stupidly strong in SFV because it's harder to tech them compared to SF4, they're really low commitment and there's also a lot less to work with in terms of defensive OSes.

You're going to die if you do that, specially in the corner. As in, the throw will whiff, Karin will recover and she will anti-air you before you can do anything.

it's also usually better to eat 5 throws since they do poo poo all for damage iirc than risk a whiffed tech and let your opponent land their only goodish combo, as the defender, iirc

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
throw loops get em shook af though. mind games

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The one good thing about SFV is that it deleted crouch teching from my mind, but as a Rose player "throw loops" were my thing and I dunno, this game ain't got poo poo. I feel like eventually you're gonna have to ask permission to pressure people on wakeup.

EDIT: okay, I'm avoiding posting about SFV because I don't like it and it makes me sad and makes the people that like it sadder but on an actual positive note, this combo is cute!

https://twitter.com/eventhubs/status/811283700038205440

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 20, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Count Bleck posted:

I'll miss all the Ryus that will be replaced with Akumas.

this is so true

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

will there still be online kens

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

will there still be online kens

as long as the sun still burns, my friend

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Weird, I'm gonna miss throwing out safe tatsus with broken hitboxes. :/

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Real hurthling! posted:

If y'all ever wondered who Capcom gets balance change ideas from.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'll pass them one for you if you ask

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Every Ken match ever:

ok I hit him. Pause and wait for a dragon punch. There it is, punish.

or

ok i hit him. Pause and wait for a dragon punch. No dragon punch? I'm playing vs ryu now

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have been programmed to hit throw every time I hear: I hit my boiling point

my thumb probably does the motion instinctively even when not playing video games

in this post i have people telling me they hit their boiling point in real life

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I just freeze up with fear when people V-Trigger cancel on me IRL

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I just freeze up with fear when people V-Trigger cancel on me IRL

My anus just clenches when I see tall, fat men devour peppers and then turn orange-red start breathing fire too.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I decide to poke more than I usually would when I see boobs popping out of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gi

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
The update can be snagged on ps4 now while the servers are still down.

I might be more interested in what data miners find about the new season characters than I am about much else. Maybe some interest in Akuma but I don't have much personal play history on the guy anyways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Capcom kept the update to a svelte 10 gigs

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Saint Freak posted:

Capcom kept the update to a svelte 10 gigs

:yikes:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
How the gently caress is the update larger than the story mode (and all it's cutscenes that I skipped without watching).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was gonna say they can't be stupid enough to put all the new chars in there again but they probably did

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Its sorta frustratingly stupid how chars are handled because if i want to try someone new to find out if i hate how they play (like pretty much everyone save bison, RIP sf4 juri) i have to play the game enough to earn enough FM to learn i don't like them in training mode.

As curious as i am about Urien, I dont want to play enough to find out he felt more like urine.

Brilliant move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

SectumSempra posted:

Its sorta frustratingly stupid how chars are handled because if i want to try someone new to find out if i hate how they play (like pretty much everyone save bison, RIP sf4 juri) i have to play the game enough to earn enough FM to learn i don't like them in training mode.

As curious as i am about Urien, I dont want to play enough to find out he felt more like urine.

Brilliant move.

Good way to get people to put enough hours so they are ineligible for a steam refund too.