Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

peak debt posted:

What's your definition of "good rare" though? You have no way of knowing if something's going to be tripleresist etc before you identify it.

Good bases for rares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Sometimes I need to do rare runs just to vendor stuff because I'm always out of alterations.

This is probably because I've spent something like an ex worth of them on rolling high level ES stuff :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

peak debt posted:

What's your definition of "good rare" though? You have no way of knowing if something's going to be tripleresist etc before you identify it.

The base. A foil with crit multi might roll attack speed/crit multi/ spell damage. But if its base is a slow foil it's still garbage compared to a high attack speed foil with the same stats that then becomes worth 1-2ex.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got a low level rare ES chest in Perandus I think, had T1 flat ES and T2 ES%. It had barely 470ES iirc.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
After idling for 2 hours doing some maps and no trades I joined a sextant party to get the final two for my wingsuit and got instantly flooded with trade messages.

.trade took a good moment to start talking to the api again

Missing one unique jewel, shaper kill and both grinds

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I haven't played since I used mathils ele spectral throw build way back when. What's a super safe starting build for this league, and how long out is the end of this one?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I think you missed something bud

it happened like months ago

Wait, that's the old patch note? I thought he was quoting some new change and it was being knocked down by another 60% for some reason

my sparker is safe

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I was working with some people to put together a spark inquisitor and specifically said I was gonna make life based spark and not vaal spark because I can't deal with running through zones without looking at loot.

Then I hit merc dried lake and I'm looking to buy vaal spark jewels holy poo poo it's so fast.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Bob NewSCART posted:

I haven't played since I used mathils ele spectral throw build way back when. What's a super safe starting build for this league, and how long out is the end of this one?

SRS is a good start, its really fun right now. And we're like 2.5 weeks into this one I think so it's got a while until the end.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Luna Was Here posted:

Right now, not a lot. After season end? Was probably going to take that thing to 100 and beyond

I think you missed something bud

Luna Was Here posted:

Wait, that's the old patch note? I thought he was quoting some new change and it was being knocked down by another 60% for some reason

my sparker is safe

You can't level "beyond" 100.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

gloves and helm before boots imo (I love the 41% you have there :3:)

Got new gloves and helm that bring me to near 6k ES without auras! Spent 2c to upgrade my ES by 2k, but I've spent more on chromes, jewellers and fusing a trying to get my sockets right :(

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ultima66 posted:

I was working with some people to put together a spark inquisitor and specifically said I was gonna make life based spark and not vaal spark because I can't deal with running through zones without looking at loot.

Then I hit merc dried lake and I'm looking to buy vaal spark jewels holy poo poo it's so fast.

Get a pair of gloves with the insanity mod on them (16% more cast and attack speed for socketed gems) for your shield charge. I don't even care if the other mods are poo poo, it makes you go so fast. And since dried lake is easy you can use brightbeak and karui charge for more attack speed/movement speed, since shield charge also scales on movement speed. Add in an alchemist's quicksilver flask for even more go fast.

You'll definitely want to tweak your item filter specifically for a vaal spark build though since so much stuff is going to be dropping offscreen. It really sucks to launch a vaal spark, hear the clang noise, backtrack and see an alch orb and now you have no souls and have to build up another spark. Set up the sounds so you know exactly what dropped without having to backtrack to look.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

I got a 23%er for sale if you want a baby jewel until you get enough currency for 30's. Here's a guide I'm using and it's working well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PvdRGqYIZJUMzWt7QrsdK0cNdaTIcEh6HZoJlHAI8nA/edit#gid=0

J posted:

Get a pair of gloves with the insanity mod on them (16% more cast and attack speed for socketed gems) for your shield charge. I don't even care if the other mods are poo poo, it makes you go so fast. And since dried lake is easy you can use brightbeak and karui charge for more attack speed/movement speed, since shield charge also scales on movement speed. Add in an alchemist's quicksilver flask for even more go fast.

You'll definitely want to tweak your item filter specifically for a vaal spark build though since so much stuff is going to be dropping offscreen. It really sucks to launch a vaal spark, hear the clang noise, backtrack and see an alch orb and now you have no souls and have to build up another spark. Set up the sounds so you know exactly what dropped without having to backtrack to look.

Does having a speed flask up make shield charge move even faster?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Attack speed and movement speed both make shield charge faster.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's a joke

Am i being trolled? I think this one's a troll, right here

J
Jun 10, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

Does having a speed flask up make shield charge move even faster?

Yep. You'll move from point A to point B faster so you can start your next shield charge faster. That's why you want the alchemist quicksilver flask for increased effect, since a vaal spark build will have no problem getting enough charges to keep that flask up. That's also why karui charge is really nice for when you're doing easy content and just care about going fast, since it has both attack/move speed. Forgot to mention that for easy content you can also run haste aura to go even faster, for the same reason.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Buzz lightyear: To infinity... and beyond!
Woody: Uhh yeah no actually you can't go beyond infinity... dumbass.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

It's a joke

Am i being trolled? I think this one's a troll, right here

i think you're the troll for playing a voltaxic sparker in 2.5, it's not even good anymore and hasn't been meta since the nerf

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Max block (or close enough) is such a treat in Breaches. Esh breaches are pretty much a faith building exercise where I pray my self-healing from all of the blocking will carry me through the swarm of enemies.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Raiders are almost custom made for breaches. I have perma phasing, 60% dodge chance and a poo poo ton of evasion. I move as I please and rarely get hit.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Character Jusupov
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jusupov/characters

I've removed some gear from him but everything is rare and tries to have cast speed. Two wands since those are cheap and easy to get with cast speed. You can easily do everything except guardians/shaper/uber atziri/tul/chay

Just let decoy totem do everything while pizzas fill the screen, swap conc effect on bosses

I'm sure there are ways to make him better but it's gameplay for super lazy people like me, I think I reached around 5.5k life + 2k es but I wasn't really paying attention to anything

Velastrasz is who I'm referring to here.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Fennesz_/characters

I originally asked you because with so many totems I figured you were Tukohama's as well, but you're going with the same idea, but in a completely different direction. I went Inquisitor so I'm crit/power charge centered in order to trigger the complete negations of resistances upon a crit. I skipped the Scion life wheel as well as the build guide I was following skipped it. I also had to drop my 6th power charge in the passive tree so I could pick up more resists and make the leap from Mind Over Matter/Eldritch Battery. I also don't drop any decoy totems as my three spell totems do a pretty good job at drawing aggro. Between Whirling Blades and Vaal Summon Skeletons, breaches are pretty survivable as well. I just did my first T14 this afternoon which I feel like is pretty good considering how mediocre half of my gear is.

In terms of gear I am pretty satisfied with my helmet and weapons and my chest could sorely use an upgrade but will have to do for now. A chest that would be worth spending the currency on to upgrade would be like 9+ex which I don't really have right now. Otherwise I have a lot to upgrade but I'm either too lazy to do it or, when I do actually search for upgrades, nothing fits the bill or I get no responses. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it :allears:

e: Clarification.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 21, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Sell your Chayula fragments now before people read todays news.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800735

quote:

Content Update 2.5.1 also contains the following patch notes:

Tul no longer takes reduced damage while doing her Projectile Barrage skill.
The Crystal Ice Spires in the Tul encounter now have less life.
The snowstorm skill used by the Tul Breach monsters now provides less damage avoidance to the monsters inside of it.
Frost Blades used by the Tul monsters now does less damage at higher levels.
Chayula Breaches are now more common in Mid (20% increase) & High (30% increase) Tier Maps.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bugsy posted:

Sell your Chayula fragments now before people read todays news.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800735

Thank god, gently caress Tul in its stupid orifices.

Started that Hands ST raider yesterday, got to A1C and got my first ascendancy points into the one that gives frenzy for kills. She churns mobs real good. Looking forward to getting to the point where I can start looking for really good gear rather than wearing random castoffs, upgrading the claws, and making mincemeat of everything.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

i think you're the troll for playing a voltaxic sparker in 2.5, it's not even good anymore and hasn't been meta since the nerf

I played it in essence league and had fun and all of the gear was super cheap please do not bully me sir

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This is just silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWnloVOBZc

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What's a good facetanky build that's not too expensive? Is it SR-CWC-WI?

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated

Jinnigan posted:

What's a good facetanky build that's not too expensive? Is it SR-CWC-WI?

Playing this build right now. It levels fast and clears very well with Sunder. I swap to the static strike for Boss fights. Most expensive item is the new The Surrender shield, but it is not required at all.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647240

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

just remembering how awful this game is without poe trade

I started this build a couple days ago after my King of the Forest build petered out for lack of gear and being life/ev based, pretty fun loving fun. Got 1000+ int and poo poo out damage while being a lot more tanky but slightly slower clear speed. Still need to do a lot of upgrades on it with jewels and ES (only 7.3 ES) on my gear plus a 6 link.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vinnytk/characters

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 21, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I wouldn't expect you would even know how, no.

A good player certainly can.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Meta question: bino's and death's hand have gone from 1.5ex-2ex in early league down to, freakin, 28c and 15c. What's changed? Did it turn out that those items actually suck for blade flurry?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
well on day 2, 1ex was 30c so,

okay so in my limited 3 league long experience, the only items that hold value are top tier rares and top tier uniques (skyforths, disfavor, acuities, etc)

binos isnt a top tier unique, it's a good dagger but a well rolled rare will outclass it, and as more people get to high level zones, supply of them increases

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 21, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
poe.trade is alive boys

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

Meta question: bino's and death's hand have gone from 1.5ex-2ex in early league down to, freakin, 28c and 15c. What's changed? Did it turn out that those items actually suck for blade flurry?

Demand died out as everyone who wanted one got one and people who had bino's upgraded to a really good rare if they were pushing that build higher. Also cyclone meatballs became the hot new thing people wanted to try and the required items are new and harder to acquire.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Mathil is now doing a BladeFurry CWC Bladefall thing ?!?! ... think he wants to use claws (Scourge) but those Hand of Wisdom might get also some price bumps ...

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
He said the other day that he wants to stay away from HoWA to spite people who bought up bunches of them in anticipation of him making a build with them and causing a spike. And using BF CWC means he probably wants to scale physical / spell damage instead of lightning / attack.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Finally got my first exalt to drop after ~250 hours of play. Thank you Neversink for making the loud noise to notify me of off screen drops. My buddy managed to get his after about ~12 hours of play in act 2 cruel. Lucky bastard.

I promptly used the funds to buy a Whispering Ice gear set, but I have a question about damage conversion/increases. The build takes Whispering Ice's cold damage and uses Pyre to convert it to fire damage. When buying jewels and picking nodes I often can choose between something saying '% increased cold damage' and '% increased fire damage'. When it's a binary choice is there any reason to pick one over the other? It seems like it wouldn't matter because all of the cold damage would be increased and then converted, whereas the fire damage would be converted then increased, but I feel like they'd end at the same total damage number. Am I missing something with how damage conversion works?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I have no idea how to price these boots in BSC

http://i.imgur.com/dduSkMu.png

I have them up at 1ex right now, but poe.trade isn't very helpful: http://poe.trade/search/setekokewohaan

Any ideas?

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 21, 2016

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Probably more like 10c. You're being way too stringent on your search terms. Here's how i'd search for similar stuff - http://poe.trade/search/arousamegehuya

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 21, 2016

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Fishvilla posted:

I promptly used the funds to buy a Whispering Ice gear set, but I have a question about damage conversion/increases. The build takes Whispering Ice's cold damage and uses Pyre to convert it to fire damage. When buying jewels and picking nodes I often can choose between something saying '% increased cold damage' and '% increased fire damage'. When it's a binary choice is there any reason to pick one over the other? It seems like it wouldn't matter because all of the cold damage would be increased and then converted, whereas the fire damage would be converted then increased, but I feel like they'd end at the same total damage number. Am I missing something with how damage conversion works?

They would end up at the same damage number.

However, if you have something that boosts both cold and fire, i.e, the Snowforged node or the Izaro's Dilemma jewel, you'll get the benefit of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

redneck nazgul posted:

They would end up at the same damage number.

However, if you have something that boosts both cold and fire, i.e, the Snowforged node or the Izaro's Dilemma jewel, you'll get the benefit of both.

That makes total sense. Thanks for the guidance.

• Locked thread