Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Some poo poo you keep to yourself, the fact that you find women/men other than your SO attractive is a given, it's going to happen, you know it, your SO knows it, but ffs don't actually tell them. You bury that poo poo deep inside and go drink until it stops bothering you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I would love to hear the dude's side of this. How intense is this crush where he's decided "new job" is the best solution?

The only other explanation I can think of is that he actually managed to have an affair and is now covering for it after the fact.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Goddamn do I love this thread. Reading a few pages here always makes me feel like I've really got a handle on things.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Yeah you can totally say "funny story honey, and I'll preface this by saying I love you and you know you can trust me, right? But I kinda started getting a crush on this new girl at work. I find it awkward as hell and don't think she knows anything about it, I'm being super professional. I'm looking at new jobs. Just so you know! Love you blah blah"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

MF_James posted:

Some poo poo you keep to yourself, the fact that you find women/men other than your SO attractive is a given, it's going to happen, you know it, your SO knows it, but ffs don't actually tell them. You bury that poo poo deep inside and go drink until it stops bothering you.

Also things to keep to yourself: Found a bit of tp on your wife's junk. Just pick it off and move on with your day.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I would love to hear the dude's side of this. How intense is this crush where he's decided "new job" is the best solution?

The only other explanation I can think of is that he actually managed to have an affair and is now covering for it after the fact.

This is my new favourite theory. He's trying to cover it up, she's sensing it's more serious than he says

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ZombieJesus posted:

This is my new favourite theory. He's trying to cover it up, she's sensing it's more serious than he says

Welp I banged the intern, really done screwed the pooch this time! Better tell the missus it was "just a crush" and switch jobs. Also industries. Also states.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Grem posted:

Also things to keep to yourself: Found a bit of tp on your wife's junk. Just pick it off eat it and move on with your day.

FTFY

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
What if he changes jobs and there's and equally or more attractive 22 year old?! What then?!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Grem posted:

Also things to keep to yourself: Found a bit of tp on your wife's junk. Just pick it off and move on with your day.

I wonder what that disgusting goonlord would do if his girlfriend farted or accidentally peed during sex. Considering his reaction to a little piece of toilet paper, he would probably break up immediately and then off himself.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I wonder what that disgusting goonlord would do if his girlfriend farted or accidentally peed during sex. Considering his reaction to a little piece of toilet paper, he would probably break up immediately and then off himself.

We can only hope.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

The problem is that it isn't just toilet paper or smegma (:barf:), it's crippling obesity and a host of other hygiene problems. That post only scratched the disgusting surface I'm sure

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The mental image you get from that post is the mental image you should be using for most of these couples by the way.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
mmmm crushin pretty hard, i better change jobs before this gets out of hand, gotta nip this blossoming gently caress storm in the bud because i can tell she's mad hot 2 trot

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Why would you not keep your dick clean? I use it all the time. I gotta pee, I gotta blow loads...I guess that's about it. Both of those activities are vastly improved by not having a greasy cheese-dick. Be nice to your best friend, fellas.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I wish you retards could stop posting about how you personally think Pick and Troposphere aren't insufferably poo poo, it's making it impossible to ignore their wretched existence.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Bigstock. Heh.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if you can smell your own dick when you go pee you could probably use several showers.

they're both obese

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

Bigstock. Heh.

i know i laughed too

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

how me a frog posted:

I wish you retards could stop posting about how you personally think Pick and Troposphere aren't insufferably poo poo, it's making it impossible to ignore their wretched existence.

Sure seems like they're making benign contributions to this thread, unlike your garbage.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

how me a frog posted:

And I wish people would stop randomly dropping in to insult them apropos of nothing.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

how me a frog posted:

Pick and Troposphere actually own though.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

And I wish people would stop randomly dropping in to insult them apropos of nothing.

Apropos of nothing? It would take days to compile a simple top 10 worst of.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

how me a frog posted:

Get busy then, and see if anyone gives a poo poo when it's done.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

That's alright, bar near me does a 9/11 combo.

The Japanese hibachi place near me has a "Pearl Harbor" cocktail

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

The Japanese hibachi place near me has a "Pearl Harbor" cocktail

A bunch of cocktail weenies for torpedoes and Sailor Jerry's for seaman blood?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Why are people determined to derail this thread? Your take on whether you like Pick is as stale as your take on open relationships.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

how me a frog posted:

How does this follow at all.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

We dated for 4 years before we got hitched. I love the guy to death but what he just came out as scares me. Recently got married and moved into a new house that we are remodeling. I had no idea he was those things before he told me a few hours ago.

Hes now at work while i'm here watching over the house while the people we hired are working on the kitchen.

I had no clue he was otherkin or even a furry and I am still shocked by it.

Going to be honest and say that I know fairly little of the subcultures and only have heard about that otherkins were hella crazy in the head.

I know though that furries are like otakus I think.

He is 34 and claims to be a dang elf for crying out loud. How is that normal? He is a doctor and seemed sane for all I have known him. I did not really say anything when he told me and agreed we would talk about his confessions when he got home because he had to get ready for work. What do I say? I love him but this event has spooked me.

All I know is that he has known he was a elf since middle school and he did not tell me for years in the fear of rejection. I think I am fine with him being a furry but I don't like the otherkin part. I don't think he is a elf. Elves are not real. A human can't be a animal or a fake myth can they. I mean this all just sounds insane to me. I don't know if I can accept this or not tbh.

All the stress of the remodeling has triggered him feeling guilty for hiding this I think. My hubby randomly got all emotional over a towel yesterday! The kitchen was supposed to be finished three weeks ago or so.

We are both gay males so I thought I would post here for help. I don't know where else to ask for help from. How did I not see signs of this? Is he secretly crazy?? Should I run for the f*cking hills? I am lost on what to do and say. My thoughts are confused also. What do you know about the subcultures? What would you do if you were magically in my shoes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

how me a frog posted:

then go ahead and write your cracked.com article dumbass

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mfcrocker posted:

Side note: Irish Car Bombs is a lovely name for a drink

it's like going to New York and ordering a 9/11

Or Oklahoma and asking for a Tim McVeigh special

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

how me a frog posted:

CharlestheHammer posted:

How does this follow at all.

So let me try to understand this: They're so "insufferably poo poo", but it would take literally days to find 10 examples of why.

Yeah, that makes sense.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Just stay with the rich doctor elf, stupid and be thankful he isn't an orc or some such

Khorne
May 1, 2002

JFairfax posted:

Or Oklahoma and asking for a Tim McVeigh special
This one could be easily misinterpreted.

Tears In A Vial posted:

He is 34 and claims to be a dang elf for crying out loud.
This line is great. That's also one of the most feminine posts written by a man I've ever seen. Except for the last paragraph which is notably more male. No judgment.

edit: vvv I know. I just mean until the last paragraph the writing indicates it's a woman, and not because it mentions "husband". Usually when it's a gay couple the writing is more masculine. I do not even mean the content of the post. I just mean the grammar and word usage.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 20, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Khorne posted:

That's also one of the most feminine posts written by a man I've ever seen. No judgment.

quote:

We are both gay males

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

This seems highly plausible, although it could have just been trying to have an affair with her and failing so badly he can't face his coworkers any more. Either way, it makes a lot more sense than deciding you need to announce to your wife that you find a 22 year old intern super hot.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

The mental image you get from that post is the mental image you should be using for most of these couples by the way.

Nah, always cast them like a Rom Com.

Like the gay otherkins are Kevin James and Woody Harrelson, and Woody is the one thinking he's an elf.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

let's be honest here, both of them are always fat in every case

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Pearnicious posted:

So let me try to understand this: They're so "insufferably poo poo", but it would take literally days to find 10 examples of why.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I mean he's clearly saying that there are so many examples it would take days to work out which were the absolute worst but whatever I don't even care post funny stories you dumb assess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If you're posting on the internet you probably fat as poo poo