Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

tourretes syndrome but with apologies for unrelated poo poo instead of profanity
latent 1812ism

tourettes syndrome but with really weird interpretations of the war of 1812 instead of profanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there is no difference in the context of how information is published, rants forum poster

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

*INT - BLACK-LITTEN N'KAI - ?????*

*The vast basalt doors to the deepest chambers within the vault of earth slide open, the sound echoing through the city of horrors like the death rattle of a god. Down the steps descends LENA DUNHAM, resplendent in cloth woven from the scalps of the underclass. She makes her way across the floor, the vast stone organs on either side of the chamber producing her song, the sound of nails on a chalkboard. Reaching the steps of the throne, she drops to one knee.*

DUNHAM: It is done, and all is as you have foreseen. I am the most hated woman on the Internet, and I have opened the way for you.

*From atop the throne, we hear a sound like the creaking of a thousand FEMA coffin doors, slowly resolving into the laughter of the being who sits upon it. Leaning forward our of the sable curtain of N'kai itself, she reveals herself as HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON*

CLINTON: Good... Good, my young apprentice. Most impressive. Today the Internet, tomorrow America.

CLINTON: Soon all will Pokemon Go...to HELL

NI'SAK, THE SCREAM THAT SHATTERS ETERNITY: jesus that's the worst thing i've ever heard

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

Why are you bringing up her looks?

Uh oh he made a little freudian slip there when building that strawman

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I'm not sure when he published it since it only really means anything for the primaries, but you totally don't need address proof to say 'someone who's registered I can't vote in the D primaries', it was just a random thing he tossed in for ~some mysterious reason~ and then was upset his bosses apparently thought that was dumb.

Not saying he did it for this reason but... You need to know where someone lives in order to tell if they are registered or not though? So you don't need it to *say* it, but including supporting evidence is generally a good thing and it is kinda really obviously supporting evidence?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it is kinda fun that after a bunch of crying about 'virtue signaling' the thread was dominated with people climbing over each other to go "I ALSO DO NOT LIKE THE POTATO SHAPED WOMAN WHO SAID A THING!!!!!"

what, lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
think the democrats anticipated the internet age too early

need to assimilate the rest of the country to the internet collective first

i cant wait for meme allegiances and even more echo chambers as i slurp down a brand of liquefied fast food through my IV as my body is suspended in animation.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

tourettes syndrome but with really weird interpretations of the war of 1812 instead of profanity

IMPRESSMENT

OREGON

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"brad pitt lives on 30 West Hills Drive in his beautiful new 1950's style 12 bedroom mansion" by HollywoodHomes.com vs "brad pitt is A LIAR and A lovely PERSON and he lives on 30 West Hills Drive" by vicenews.com

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
see this is exactly the sort of oppression that gives Lena solidarity with her fellow somethings

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what is truth though, who's to say? Maybe the (((globalists))) who run Vice finally got the signal for their lizard masters to terminate 'literally who' the guy who went on to write brilliant takedowns like

quote:

The Democrats Lost Last Week Because Of Lena Dunham

quote:

Lebron James Is Single-Handedly Destroying The NFL And Thank God

quote:

Why Football At All Levels Must Be Immediately Abolished: A FAQ

quote:

Joan Rivers Was A Horrible Person And You Should Feel Bad For Liking Her

quote:

Breaking: Vapid Left-Liberal Posturing About Islam Still Vapid

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Yinlock posted:

sorry I'm just used to constant 5-page tangents on grr that lena dunham which get tiresome even though she totally deserves them

You want us to go back to talking about Obama? Introduce something new for us to bicker over!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Democrats are still racist namaste

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

"brad pitt lives on 30 West Hills Drive in his beautiful new 1950's style 12 bedroom mansion" by HollywoodHomes.com vs "brad pitt is A LIAR and A lovely PERSON and he lives on 30 West Hills Drive" by vicenews.com

Yes we should only fire journalists for publishing info when they are actually doing their job instead of writing an article that's the literary equivalent of a blowjob.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

what is truth though, who's to say? Maybe the (((globalists))) who run Vice finally got the signal for their lizard masters to terminate 'literally who' the guy who went on to write brilliant takedowns like

Is this out of the ordinary for Vice-level pieces? I honestly don't know.

If so yeah I can agree, fire all Vice employees. If not, I can understand why they were looking for an excuse to toss him.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Can we word filter Lena Dunham to something like Sensual Potato I'm tired of seeing her name on every post in this thread

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

new phone who dis posted:

Yes we should only fire journalists for publishing info when they are actually doing their job instead of writing an article that's the literary equivalent of a blowjob.

the job only meant showing that she wasn't registered as a dem, not where she lived :ssh:

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Al! posted:

hey, did we ever find out who this blonde motherfucker was:

People in large numbers believed that this video being made and broadcast at the convention would actually help the Democrats. Think about that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

Is this out of the ordinary for Vice-level pieces? I honestly don't know.

If so yeah I can agree, fire all Vice employees.

I mean to be fair, you're right it would fit most Vice headlines anyway, I just kinda love that he constantly shifts between generic 'your favorite is problematic' stuff to 'OUTLAW FOOTBALLS'

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Can we word filter Lena Dunham to something like Sensual Potato I'm tired of seeing her name on every post in this thread

don't doxx my band name

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[sincerely] lena dunahm

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

You want us to go back to talking about Obama? Introduce something new for us to bicker over!

what if we talk about obama more

try to understand this image, i loving dare you

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

People in large numbers believed that this video being made and broadcast at the convention would actually help the Democrats. Think about that.

People were paid exorbitant sums of money in exchange for its creation.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Yinlock posted:

NI'SAK, THE SCREAM THAT SHATTERS ETERNITY: jesus that's the worst thing i've ever heard

I gotta come back to this, just wanted to let you know I scrolled up(down?) three different times writing that last post and re-read this one and laughed every time.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yinlock posted:

what if we talk about obama more

try to understand this image, i loving dare you

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
karl marx was preserved really well

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

At this point Vice, Slate, Salon, Vox, HuffPo etc are all the same lovely site. Gawker is at an unattainable level of terrible and was not included in that list on purpose.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

Pokemon Go to Hell is unironically better than Pokemon Go to the Polls

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There's more to this I believe. I think he posted her voter reg with the address still on it, which is a bit of a dingus move.

edit:oh no the conversation covered this already I was too far behind :smith:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Phi230 posted:

IMPRESSMENT

OREGON

so anyway there I was in line at Tim Horton's and Rory was like what you I THINK THE WAR OF 1812 WAS A WAR BETWEEN THE CURRENT GLOBAL SUPERPOWER THE USA AND THE INDEPENDENT NATION OF CANADA, RATHER THAN A WAR BETWEEN A POST-COLONIAL BACKWATER AND THE CONTEMPORARY SUPERPOWER THE UNITED KINGDOM talkin aboot I ordered a dozen donuts, not ALSO I THINK CANADA WON THAT WAR only six donuts!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

At this point Vice, Slate, Salon, Vox, HuffPo etc are all the same lovely site. Gawker is at an unattainable level of terrible and was not included in that list on purpose.

holy poo poo youre alive

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gawker is dead, though

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

logikv9 posted:

the job only meant showing that she wasn't registered as a dem, not where she lived :ssh:

Here's what I get, how do you do this without that?

I guess he could/should have just limited it to what less super specific details but to be frank he seems like kind of an idiot.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

He looks like Bluto.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

logikv9 posted:

gawker is dead, though

and I, for one, am glad

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Al! posted:

oh god its turned into a full-blown dunham derail

hey, did we ever find out who this blonde motherfucker was:

Is that the chvrches

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

every place should remove comment boxes

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

logikv9 posted:

He's not preserved, he was buried alive and Obama dug him up to try and finish the job

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

R'KTAR, THE ASTRAL PRISON FUGITIVE: now you see Ni'sak, now you see man? What did I tell you, idiot released me from the astral prison and now she did that. I-I-I I bet she got help from that crusty bitch, Albright for that juicy bit of sloganeering :nallears:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i got a bad case o timbits rite now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

Here's what I get, how do you do this without that?

I guess he could/should have just limited it to what less super specific details but to be frank he seems like kind of an idiot.

the image he posted literally has lines for "name" "address" and "political party", he could've put a nice black box over address

• Locked thread