Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We are young

So let's set the world on fire

We can burn brighter than the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

MaxxBot posted:

I agree that "virtue signaling" is a dumb term but I don't know what else to call this dumb poo poo.

Normal people do not think or act like this, these people have something wrong with them.

I havent had an abortion, but I wish Lena Dunham's mom had.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

We are young

So let's set the world on fire

We can burn brighter than the sun

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

logikv9 posted:

i only assign part of the blame to Hillary, mostly for hiring people based on loyalty vs absolute skill (although most people do this and judging from her history with hires deciding to go all nuts on her I'm not surprised)

If someone is an rear end in a top hat they're an rear end in a top hat. If everyone is an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Hillary's campaign was so bad that her internal people were telling her that Lena Dunham was the equivalent of nails on chalkboard to the average American and they put her front and center, anyway. Then a VICE reporter checked the rolls and figured out she didn't even vote, so VICE fired him.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Any of you ever actually watch Girls? The show would be 10/10 if lena's entire part was axed from day 1

Shes a loving trust fund baby whose sole problems are either getting a job and literally not doing it, or revolve around men

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

new phone who dis posted:

Hillary's campaign was so bad that her internal people were telling her that Lena Dunham was the equivalent of nails on chalkboard to the average American and they put her front and center, anyway. Then a VICE reporter checked the rolls and figured out she didn't even vote, so VICE fired him.

Whoa, this sounds crazy but I can't find it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

reminder the singer of that song was with her in the bathroom as she muttered nonsense to herself election night

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We dont need people to go door to door we've got Lena Dunham

- something probably uttered in the past 6 months

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

mugrim posted:

Whoa, this sounds crazy but I can't find it

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/797128757408567296?lang=en

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is this a factual post

Can some non-new-phone-who-dis poster corroborate any of the assertions therein

because if so :stare:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Oh my loving lord really?

Burn it all down

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've gotten in trouble for going on anti-Dunham rants in the past, but it bothers me that we live in a world where Lena Dunham exists, is rich and famous, has fans and a healthy career, is dating a rock star, and still considers herself oppressed

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MaxxBot posted:

I agree that "virtue signaling" is a dumb term but I don't know what else to call this dumb poo poo.

Normal people do not think or act like this, these people have something wrong with them.

lol

what a clownshoe

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Lena Dunham is a living breathing strawman

She was a surrogate who personified a very vocal set of Hillary supporters and among those supporters she was really popular and she helped Hillary whip up that portion of her base. They just were tone deaf to fact that everyone outside of that set up people who already were ardent Hillary supporters already she was a terrible surrogate. I'd consider her to be a caricature that represented how insular and fart huffing the Hillary campaign was more than a strawman.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

reminder the singer of that song was with her in the bathroom as she muttered nonsense to herself election night

All this Lena Dunham lore suddenly floating around

Shes like a MILK TOAST liberal sasquatch, always stories but never seen

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

Is this a factual post

The nails on a chalkboard poo poo is from wikileaks and their DNC emails. Just type "lena dunham nails on chalkboard" into google.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oh god its turned into a full-blown dunham derail

hey, did we ever find out who this blonde motherfucker was:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Al! posted:

Hayden Christiansen been keeping himself up since the Star Wars films ended.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

It's strange, I've been saying that hillary ran basically every aspect of her campaign like poo poo since the week of the election and she keeps proving my hyperbole true goddam

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Al! posted:

Many consider him handsome, minus the hat. I thought only 18 year olds wear those things. Then I saw some 40 year old at a bar wearing one

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I've gotten in trouble for going on anti-Dunham rants in the past, but it bothers me that we live in a world where Lena Dunham exists, is rich and famous, has fans and a healthy career, is dating a rock star, and still considers herself oppressed

The great lie of idpol in one post

All struggle is class struggle

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Phi230 posted:

All this Lena Dunham lore suddenly floating around

Shes like a MILK TOAST liberal sasquatch, always stories but never seen

I wasn't gonna post this but now you made me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51HuNX41Fg

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Funny or Die

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

loquacius posted:

Is this a factual post

the allegation was that she didn't vote in the primary, because tracey looked her up and saw she was registered independent. thus, he concluded that she must not have voted because new york has a closed primary.

he was apparently fired because he posted her address when he tweeted his proof. of course, lena denies it and says she voted (warning: close-up picture of lena below):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEYtKH5C1AJ/?hl=en

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

there is not a single person alive who likes lena dunham who wouldn't have voted hillary if they bothered to vote at all

lena dunham makes me hate

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

I'm gonna say "a late-80s cartoon character"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"funny or die dot com, bitches!" i holler as im shoved into the mass grave at gunpoint

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Lena. Dunham.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

Mike Tompkins

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

youve defiled me

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Baloogan posted:

youve defiled me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

Mike Tompkins

i did some digging and he's apparently one of the producers on the video too

so not only did they make the mistake of featuring him

it was his own idea

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

i did some digging and he's apparently one of the producers on the video too

so not only did they make the mistake of featuring him

it was his own idea

and hes canadian

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GlyphGryph posted:

Lena. Dunham.

Yes idpol only divides us

Conservatives wish to oppress on racial lines no doubt, but they are already enemies to be defeated. Idpol is a liberal lie meant to keep us divided on the left side of things

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

and hes canadian

i hope he gets whatever disease kills only canadians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juA5xNObGk

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm not surprised that a vice reporter got fired for doxxing somebody

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maple colon?
toque infection?
the hudson's lament?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Btw I tried actually googling "Lena Dunham nails on chalkboard" and the results were all alt-right blogosphere websites

I just wanna see the text of the email

• Locked thread