Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Looks like templars are chilling with... Witches in the web way.

Buckle up kids.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Is that a loving Dark Eldar.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
If this doesn't end with Khan doin' some sweet ramps off a series of Dark Eldar's faces then I have already lost all faith in GW. Again.

SteelMentor posted:

Is that a loving Dark Eldar.

SteelMentor posted:

Edit: We're also getting some kind of Deldar boxed game.

e; Apparently from the Mechanicus codex?

quote:

By late M36, the Golden Throne began to require more and more sacrifice of Psykers to remain functional. By early M41, four times the amount of Psykers were required to maintain optimal power levels of the Throne.[3] In the last year of M41, Techpriests discovered failures in the mechanisms of the Golden Throne that are far beyond their ability to repair. [2b]
Faced with this cataclysmic scenario, the Tech-Priests become desperate and ally with a faction of Xanthite Inquisitors. Launching an expedition into the Webway, the Tech-Priest and Inquisition forces battle through Harlequins and Daemons alike before reaching Commorragh. There, a dark bargain is struck.[4]

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 21, 2016

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Instead of that stupid Commissar coat, GW should have gotten Musterbrand to make that Inquisitor Lady's hat.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
WHY DID SHE TAKE THE CANDLE OFF TO GO INTO THE DARK CITY?

It's the DARK city. You NEED the candle!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Buckle up kids, where we're going we don't need candles

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

As I drew in my head and was turning around,
Through the madness Perturabo came with a bound:
He was dress'd all in metal, from his head to his foot,
And his armour was tarnish'd with ashes and soot;
Writhing mechandrites emerged from his back,
A daemonic weapon and leering powerpack:
His eyes how they burned! His hazard stripes: so many,
His plates' copper trim like a really bad penny;
His metallic skull was carved into a scowl,
With a huge nest of cables in place of a cowl;
A jaw full of bullets instead of his teeth,
Exhaust smoke encircled his head like a wreath.
He sprung to his dreadnought, to the drakes gave a whistle,
Away they all flew, like a hellfire missile:
But I heard him exclaim, 'fore my vision gave out -
"Iron Within! And Iron Without!"
holy poo poo

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

There is no contest, the Sisters sculpts are way loving better. Even the parchment on the scrolls feels more natural, the outline is clean and powerful and the paintjob is more muted so it doesn't overpower the detail on the model, because the new model doesn't need to con people about how good it is. It's confident and competent. I could get mad about how bad boobplate is but in this comparison even that wins out over the overly bulky graceless bullshit in the first set of models.

I'm actually shocked. These are released, what, 10 months or so apart? Someone in GW took a look at the first sculpt, locked themselves in a room for a week and produced something better solely because they bloody well could is my guess.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

As I drew in my head and was turning around,
Through the madness Perturabo came with a bound:
He was dress'd all in metal, from his head to his foot,
And his armour was tarnish'd with ashes and soot;
Writhing mechandrites emerged from his back,
A daemonic weapon and leering powerpack:
His eyes how they burned! His hazard stripes: so many,
His plates' copper trim like a really bad penny;
His metallic skull was carved into a scowl,
With a huge nest of cables in place of a cowl;
A jaw full of bullets instead of his teeth,
Exhaust smoke encircled his head like a wreath.
He sprung to his dreadnought, to the drakes gave a whistle,
Away they all flew, like a hellfire missile:
But I heard him exclaim, 'fore my vision gave out -
"Iron Within! And Iron Without!"

Jesus

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bombogenesis posted:

If this doesn't end with Khan doin' some sweet ramps off a series of Dark Eldar's faces then I have already lost all faith in GW. Again.

e; Apparently from the Mechanicus codex?

This is pretty cool. Although it makes me wonder if the "end times" equivalent of 40k ends with Emperor turned into a chaos god or daemon lord, considering that last sentence.

Alternatively: Dark Wraithlord Emperor :haw:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Those Sigmarines are the definition of workmanlike. Competent but passionless. The sisters on the other hand really do look like someone gave a poo poo.

I <3 Gravitas

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Yeast posted:

I desperately want to do a Cadian army now.

:commissar:

There are billions of us!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rulebook Heavily posted:

There is no contest, the Sisters sculpts are way loving better. Even the parchment on the scrolls feels more natural, the outline is clean and powerful and the paintjob is more muted so it doesn't overpower the detail on the model, because the new model doesn't need to con people about how good it is. It's confident and competent. I could get mad about how bad boobplate is but in this comparison even that wins out over the overly bulky graceless bullshit in the first set of models.

I'm actually shocked. These are released, what, 10 months or so apart? Someone in GW took a look at the first sculpt, locked themselves in a room for a week and produced something better solely because they bloody well could is my guess.

Jesus

They may look ok but I couldnt imagine playing with them.

Ork vs Nids everlasting war book could be good....

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So if BT's are tromping around the Dark City, think we'll see the Khan at some point [/end generic theory about a returning loyalist primarch]

Plus if the campaign goes to the Dark City it'd make sense because in the Cult Mechanicus codex from May 2015 there's this whole bit:
By late M36, the Golden Throne began to require more and more sacrifice of Psykers to remain functional. By early M41, four times the amount of Psykers were required to maintain optimal power levels of the Throne.[3] In the last year of M41, Techpriests discovered failures in the mechanisms of the Golden Throne that are far beyond their ability to repair. [2b]
Faced with this cataclysmic scenario, the Tech-Priests become desperate and ally with a faction of Xanthite Inquisitors. Launching an expedition into the Webway, the Tech-Priest and Inquisition forces battle through Harlequins and Daemons alike before reaching Commorragh. There, a dark bargain is struck.[4]

And that's under the Time of Ending section on the wiki, plus obviously more rumors about them advancing the story it'd make sense.

Edit: Bah, drat you Bombo. I skimmed over your post and didn't see you already mentioned that :argh:

Tracula fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 21, 2016

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Tracula posted:

... battle through Harlequins and Daemons alike before reaching Commorragh. There, a dark bargain is struck.[4]

How much darker can this bargain possibly be? Space travel in the Imperium is powered by literal human sacrifice on an industrial scale. Barring a change in soul octane from 'any psyker' to 'babies only', I don't see how this could get worse.

But woah, those sister sculpts are good. The faces are particularly impressive, especially compared to the current models.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

How much darker can this bargain possibly be? Space travel in the Imperium is powered by literal human sacrifice on an industrial scale. Barring a change in soul octane from 'any psyker' to 'babies only', I don't see how this could get worse.

But woah, those sister sculpts are good. The faces are particularly impressive, especially compared to the current models.

And why the Black Templars noted zealots? Should have been the Revilers or something.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Well the things Bombogenesis and I linked are from before any even hit of Black Templars going there so it's possible, probably even likely, they're unrelated. It'd just line up though and, like I mentioned, GW seems at least mildly interested in moving the plot ahead recently.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
So far all we know is that the Black Templars launched a counter-Crusade into the Eye of Terror with Celestine at the forefront, the presence of that Deldar is probably some twist about midway through the book.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LingcodKilla posted:

And why the Black Templars noted zealots? Should have been the Revilers or something.

I guess Malleus finally stepped in and was like "Guys, this thing is maybe a bigger deal than aliens and psykers..."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If I were a Xanthite and I wanted to select a chapter for a probable suicide mission, I would pick the Templars. In the short term they will do what they are told because of their faith (or because I lied about the objective), and if they get wiped out then that is one less obstacle to my ultimate aim. At the end of the day, and this goes for the Sororitas as well, zealots are only good for one thing, their willingness to die for the cause.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 21, 2016

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Uroboros posted:

Would like to see some Ultramarine love in a future campaign book.

It's coming. Trust me...

TheChirurgeon posted:

We're probably gonna get Guilliman at some point.

Otherwise I'm pretty sure we'll get some more generic/Ultramarine love at some point

*whistles innocently*

Bombogenesis posted:

Since it's the Black Templars apparently goin' in what are the odds that Dorn just kinda struts on out of the Eye with no hand(s) and immediately starts Building A Better Fort?

Super low.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It'll just be formations and such, they would have spoiled any new space marine models if they had them.

Remember you said these words...

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 21, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I don't care what they do as long as I get a plastic Lion kit

Azrael is meh, Sammael is meh, Asmodai is only baller because he's a savage, I want my Primarch with his sexy flowing mane of golden locks dammit :mad:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

It's coming. Trust me...
Oh you tease, you.

mango sentinel posted:

"...Eldar, Dark Eldar, [looks at hand] Neurons, Orbs, and Tyrannosaurs?"
But enough about BuffaloChicken

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

If I were a Xanthite and I wanted to select a chapter for a probable suicide mission, I would pick the Templars. In the short term they will do what they are told because of their faith (or because I lied about the objective), and if they get wiped out then that is one less obstacle to my ultimate aim. At the end of the day, and this goes for the Sororitas as well, zealots are only good for one thing, their willingness to die for the cause.

TBH it would be more fitting to have Celestial Lions, no?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just give me a return of Vulkan and my weight in Crimson Fists and Black Templars stuff and I'll be a-okay.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Star Man posted:

Just give me a return of Vulkan

Cut it there. I am probably the biggest Vulkan and Salamanders fanboy for a multitude of reasons. To make a long story short I love the fact that Vulkan and the Salamanders, despite using loving fire as their primary poo poo, are legit good folks and give the most fucks about regular everymen in the Imperium. It's such a refreshing change comped to all the awful poo poo that goes on otherwise.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

How is this morphing into a rumors of Cadians, and now into other regiments? Is there any weight to the rumors or will it be Sisters and maybe Ultras vs No-Arms & Co?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Some additional rumors of next year's stuff.

And highlights of the twitch stream for those of us without subs.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I think Chaos needs to push at Terra. Now, not because I want them to win but because imagine the holy shitshow it will be for them going anywhere close to Titan. I want to see Failbadon the Armless get bitchslapped. Again. And someone better at crusading (angryman? ) pick up the slack.

I don't think we'll see any real ~END TIMES~ until the 30k stuff is done with. They need to explain -ALL- of the previous 10k years before they do anything else to advance it. What X Primarch/Legion did with Y Legion/Primarch ended up with Z wraps up the plot holes about whos alive and dead and hurrdurr.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Tracula posted:

Failbadon the Armless

Ugh.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

OhDearGodNo posted:

How is this morphing into a rumors of Cadians, and now into other regiments? Is there any weight to the rumors or will it be Sisters and maybe Ultras vs No-Arms & Co?

Are you really asking why the fall of Cadia would feature Cadians!?

I mean I don't think anybody said new models for cadians.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Yes, fine. I am a fan of 1d4. I read some of it and in my mind pick up dumb idiot memes :v:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The armless meme is Legit Good And Just

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I'm betting no new models for the Guard, and just a re-print of the Cadian rules from Mont'Ka into this book.

I mean, I want to believe, but I don't see it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
To go with the dark elder stuff, I can't remember what book it was in but there was a line about something in the warp scratching at the walls of the dark city.

Maybe DE are going to be squatted in a blaze of glory helping fix the throne.

Good to hear 40k isn't in the end times.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I hope it ends in an Emperor resurrection and not just "oh ok now the throne is back to only 1000 psykers a day thx drow"

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
The Emperor being resurrected by haemonculi, as part of a bargain to assist Comorragh with their daemon-gate problem would be a neat plotline, especially if the fleshmoulders in question Altered The Deal(tm), and big E comes back Not Quite The Same.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

TTerrible posted:

To go with the dark elder stuff, I can't remember what book it was in but there was a line about something in the warp scratching at the walls of the dark city.

Maybe DE are going to be squatted in a blaze of glory helping fix the throne.

Good to hear 40k isn't in the end times.

Yeah, its been established that as Vect and Malys fight each other for the city, the walls between the city and the other dimensions around it are weakening and things are slipping through at the "bottom".

Excited for the Black Templar + Dark Eldar teamup to fight daemons.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If this means new Black Templar models, I'm gonna do some irresponsible things with money.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Yeast posted:

I'm betting no new models for the Guard, and just a re-print of the Cadian rules from Mont'Ka into this book.

I mean, I want to believe, but I don't see it.

Yeah, Black Templar is :krad: and all, but as a Guard player it's pretty disappointing that the so-called "Fall of Cadia" doesn't appear to feature any actual Cadians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Neurolimal posted:

I hope it ends in an Emperor resurrection and not just "oh ok now the throne is back to only 1000 psykers a day thx drow"

Emperor needs to die already, then rise as the true god of humanity. Then we begin warhammer 41k, where the Imperium goes on the offensive.

In return, the forces of not-Imperium end up banding together into stronger alliances and former enemies team up more willingly, balancing the game more against the endless allied sub-factions of the Imperium.

A faction of orks are converted to chaos, and the dark eldar become battle brothers with chaos marines.

Just spitballin here :cheeky:

• Locked thread