Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If they were in the AAC or ACC they could prolly win 9-10 games every so often.

They went 6-6 the one year they slummed it in the AAC, didn't see anything that said they'd be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Korranus posted:

They went 6-6 the one year they slummed it in the AAC, didn't see anything that said they'd be better.

Their record in the better Big East begs to differ. I think the 6-6 record that year speaks more about Kyle Flood being terrible than it does anything else. They were solidly 8-10 win team in the twilight of the Big East, which they could and should have had better records based on talent.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm not sure this year's Rutgers would have won 6 games in the AAC or maybe any other conference. They were bad

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

I'm not sure this year's Rutgers would have won 6 games in the AAC or maybe any other conference. They were bad

The worst Michigan State team in 25 years beat them 49-0. It cannot be emphasized enough.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this year's Rutgers team would have had a hard time going .500 in the drat MAC

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

this year's Rutgers team would have had a hard time going .500 in the drat MAC Missouri Valley

Though to be fair this actually might be a step up from the MAC, I dunno

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Komet posted:

UConn, ECU, and Cincinnati were all also really bad so if we're generous and say they take two of those three, then got lucky and drew SMU or Tulane as a West team, that'd have put them at 5-7 and I think in a APR bowl slot.

I'd rather have Navy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater building his heel stable

FBScoops posted:

FAU: Industry sources tell us Lane Kiffin has had productive conversations with Kendal Briles about joining the FAU staff as offensive coordinator. We are told he is a strong candidate for the position.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

Joey Freshwater building his heel stable

He should enter home games with the nWo theme playing.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

But enough about New Jersey

Your state has Flint and Detroit. Michigan and really the entire Midwest is a gigantic shithole.

Rutgers isn't over matched in the Big Ten, it's a garbage conference. The old Big East was harder. What they are is Flood wrecked the program.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

Your state has Flint and Detroit. Michigan and really the entire Midwest is a gigantic shithole.

Rutgers isn't over matched in the Big Ten, it's a garbage conference. The old Big East was harder. What they are is Flood wrecked the program.

Detroit is at least interesting and has people interested in making it better. Also everything to the north and west of those cities is wildly different from them.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Holy poo poo people shut the gently caress up. Everywhere is terrible and your football team sucks. Jesus this conversation is annoying as poo poo.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU is cool except Charles Kelly should be fired

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

drunk leprechaun posted:

Holy poo poo people shut the gently caress up. Everywhere is terrible and your football team sucks. Jesus this conversation is annoying as poo poo.

Some football teams and places are better than others.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

an adult beverage posted:

Some football teams and places are better than others.

Yeah. And thank god in this roll of the dice this universe made it so that South Bend and Notre Dame aren't.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kim Jong Il posted:

Flint still has better water quality than New Jersey

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

There should be an exam you have to take to troll because so many of y'all suck at it

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Stating the truth isn't trolling hth.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

My apologies please let AsInHowe keep posting terrible burns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

Rutgers isn't over matched in the Big Ten

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869635

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869636

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869640

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869641

Hmm

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

lol

I get the Michigan and Ohio State scores. I can even understand the Penn State one, but that Michigan State one is inexplicable.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I decided to just post the shutouts but the Illinois and Maryland scores might actually be funnier than all of those except MSU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
78 to 0.

Holy loving poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

There's a reason every other team in the state is FCS or lower.

(Go Red Hawks!)

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

whiteyfats posted:

78 to 0.

Holy loving poo poo.
You missed out.

- 22 yards for Rutgers.
- 0 first downs for Rutgers until the fourth.
- Michigan went for two when it was clear that Rutgers was actually a secret division III team.
- this happened when Rutgers got their first first down, in the middle of the fourth

Rutgers owns because we're just gonna get endless stupid box scores like this one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rutgers also had like a hundred recruits at that game

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Rutgers was trying to force a rivalry with Michigan this offseason.

That was the result.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

You missed out.

- 22 yards for Rutgers.
- 0 first downs for Rutgers until the fourth.
- Michigan went for two when it was clear that Rutgers was actually a secret division III team.
- this happened when Rutgers got their first first down, in the middle of the fourth

Rutgers owns because we're just gonna get endless stupid box scores like this one.

Michigan went for 2? Just rubbing it in, I guess.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Regnevelc posted:

Rutgers was trying to force a rivalry with Michigan this offseason.

That was the result.

It included people leaving a Rutgers teddy bear on the field of a Michigan satellite camp, and an acrostic poem reading GOFUCKYOURSELF.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm convinced that game was a direct result of Ohio State winning 59-0 and Harbaugh needing to one-up them.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

KJI's self deprecating Big Ten fan schtick really wears thin when the conference is, you know, actually pretty good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Komet posted:

KJI's self deprecating Big Ten fan schtick really wears thin when the conference is, you know, actually pretty good.

The B1G doesn't suck but for as good as OSU, PSU and Michigan are, you've also got Rutgers, Purdue and Illinois who are complete garbage.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

The B1G doesn't suck but for as good as OSU, PSU and Michigan are, you've also got Rutgers, Purdue and Illinois who are complete garbage.

Every conference has really good and really bad teams.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Every conference has really good and really bad teams.

Sure but let's not pretend the B1G is suddenly a world-killer because Michigan finally stopped being a punchline.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Sure but let's not pretend the B1G is suddenly a world-killer because Michigan finally stopped being a punchline.

It was probably the best conference this year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It was the best at the top, which is all most people pay attention to, but also by far the worst of the major conferences at the bottom. It's super unbalanced. You still have to count Rutgers and Purdue, unfortunately.

It had four really really good teams, a couple borderline top 25 teams (Iowa and I guess Nebraska) and the rest was pretty loving bad

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 21, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who had the best at the bottom this year? SEC?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who had the best at the bottom this year? SEC?

Yeah

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

I decided to just post the shutouts but the Illinois and Maryland scores might actually be funnier than all of those except MSU

Rutgers lost 80-7 to WVU once when we were 3-8 and lost to loving Temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Just you wait until Illinois returns to be the big ten champions they're destined to be once every decade

• Locked thread