Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

He's behind a similarly resurgent QB (Ryan), The Best QB Of The Modern Era (Rodgers), and a rookie 4th rounder that has played at an all pro level (Prescott). Only thing you should be mad about is that he can't take Big Ben's spot on the AFC side because that's who he truly deserves to be ahead of.

Sorry, Dak doesn't belong on the Probowl Roster. hth

Drew Brees is having an amazing year and should feel cheated, honestly.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

a neat cape posted:

I am glad Casey Hayward made the pro bowl. He's good.

gently caress Ted Thompson for this tbh, this was a blunder.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The following 49ers were Pro Bowl snubs, or deserve to be alternates:

<end of list>

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Pro Bowl is dumb and also stupid and pointless besides.

Even more so after they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl instead of after.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Drew Brees is on pace for another 5,000 yard season but that's not worth as much as handing Zeke the ball 25 times per game. :iamafag:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think it's cool to minimize the fact that a 4th round pick is leading a 12-2 nfl football team in his first year but yes, Brees is also very good and another person who deserves in over Stafford.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Landon Collins made the Pro Bowl, Im happy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I don't think it's cool to minimize the fact that a 4th round pick is leading a 12-2 nfl football team in his first year but yes, Brees is also very good and another person who deserves in over Stafford.

I can't possibly minimize him any more than I have.

He's a rookie QB game manager playing by behind a generational offensive line unit with an electric run game. The deck couldn't be stacked in his favor any more and he'll probably end the year with 3800 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.

He's still not better that Drew Brees who will likely go 5k/40/16 with a 71% completion% and a 105 passer rating... on a team that is just dogshit and starved for talent in ways that the current Cowboy fan can only faintly remember.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Russell Wilson went 11-5 in his first season and he didn't have nearly the tools Dak has. Prescott doesn't carry the team or elevate them. His job is literally "don't gently caress up too much".

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Look at what he did to a (pretty healthy, I think?) Dez Bryant lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Russell Wilson went 11-5 in his first season and he didn't have nearly the tools Dak has. Prescott doesn't carry the team or elevate them. His job is literally "don't gently caress up too much".

Marshawn Lynch makes up for a lot, though.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

shirts and skins posted:

Also lol who gives a gently caress about the pro bowl

Don't worry, half the NFL will get in as alternates.

That's what I'd say if my team didn't have the most initially chosen Pro Bowlers too

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Marshawn Lynch makes up for a lot, though.

If you read my post and thought I was advocating for Wilson to get a pro Bowl spot then I don't know what to tell you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He isn't a Dilfer and you're being silly to say so. He's not Drew Brees, but he also doesn't make the mistakes Drew Brees makes. The majority of QBs in his situation would gently caress up more, period. He's playing well and yes, he's contributing to their wins, regardless of your narrative. Ask any cowboys fan (I'm not one and I wish he weren't a cowboy, but, welp). The Pro Bowl is pretty arbitrary; if you want me to say Drew Brees is a better QB, of course he is. If we're being objective, Rodgers should be ahead of Ryan who should also be behind Brees and should barely edge out Stafford. But the Pro Bowl doesn't and never has worked that way. Dak deserves recognition and he's on the most exciting team in the NFL, sorry it offends you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

If you read my post and thought I was advocating for Wilson to get a pro Bowl spot then I don't know what to tell you.

I was just saying "he had far less" was less of a burden because Marshawn loving owned.

Jesus, Chiche, fuckin' chill.

He isn't a Dilfer and you're being silly to say so. He's not Drew Brees, but he also doesn't make the mistakes Drew Brees makes. The majority of QBs in his situation would gently caress up more, period. He's playing well and yes, he's contributing to their wins, regardless of your narrative. Ask any cowboys fan (I'm not one and I wish he weren't a cowboy, but, welp). The Pro Bowl is pretty arbitrary; if you want me to say Drew Brees is a better QB, of course he is. If we're being objective, Rodgers should be ahead of Ryan who should also be behind Brees and should barely edge out Stafford. But the Pro Bowl doesn't and never has worked that way. Dak deserves recognition and he's on the most exciting team in the NFL, sorry it offends you.

Nah, Rodgers isn't having a better year than Matt Ryan.

Dak doesn't belong on that list.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I guess Stafford would have gotten in with nine fourth-quarter comebacks.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
People getting mad about Pro Bowl snubs is great because it doesn't matter at all, and if Tyler Eifert had been snubbed last year we may have had another win or two this year

At least the skills competition is back

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shangri-Law School posted:

I guess Stafford would have gotten in with nine fourth-quarter comebacks.

If I had to guess all those comebacks hurt Staffords case than helped.

Though that isn't fair as I would blame the coaching for that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Good Will Hrunting posted:

gently caress Ted Thompson for this tbh, this was a blunder.

Needed the money for Bakh and a billion free agents next season

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Needed the money for Bakh and a billion free agents next season

I guess hindsight but corner is such a loving hard position to play to his level and he's only improved. After Bakh I probably would have put the money towards Casey.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Is anyone else on the Le'veon Bell Dark Horse MVP campaign? Because I am all in.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

david johnson got snubbed

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Reggie Nelson is pretty bad though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I was just saying "he had far less" was less of a burden because Marshawn loving owned.

Jesus, Chiche, fuckin' chill.

Marshawn absolutely owned. Now name one other offensive player on the Seahawks who did in 2012, besides our fullback Mike Rob. Dak has an offense where the weakest starting link is, somehow, Cole Beasley. His team is so stacked Trent Dilfer could have 12 wins with it.

Other QBs make those mistakes because they have to try. Dak does not. The two games where he did have to try they lost, unsurprisingly.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Marshawn absolutely owned. Now name one other offensive player on the Seahawks who did in 2012, besides our fullback Mike Rob. Dak has an offense where the weakest starting link is, somehow, Cole Beasley. His team is so stacked Trent Dilfer could have 12 wins with it.
Sidney Rice?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The only 2 Rams players worth a drat made the Pro Bowl. Now if there was only a loophole to allow Jeff Fisher to coach the NFC and subsequently get fried shortly before the game.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dak is absolutely dilfer but 10 years later. the touchdown throw isnt there in your RPO play? hand it off to a mediocre back and let him plod behind the best line in the salary cap era. he doesn't make mistakes because there's no mistakes to be made

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

DariusLikewise posted:

The only 2 Rams players worth a drat made the Pro Bowl. Now if there was only a loophole to allow Jeff Fisher to coach the NFC and subsequently get fried shortly before the game.

If he lost the Pro Bowl, would that go on his record? :unsmigghh:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

For the purposes of this discussion why should we care that he's a 4th round pick?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

For the purposes of this discussion why should we care that he's a 4th round pick?

the pro bowl is a fan vote and it's about storylines and wins instead of performance, which is also why dilfer has a pro bowl ring

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was briefly disappointed about the lack of Seahawks on the Pro-Bowl roster, until I realized it didn't matter because none of them would be playing anyways.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Because it is cool to maximize Dak's accomplishments while it is uncool for us to minimize them. :jerkbag:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Clowney makes a pro bowl, hurray :toot:

He's the only Texans, lol this team. I can't think of a single other Texan who's been good enough this year to warrant inclusion even with homer goggles

hifi posted:

david johnson got snubbed

Really? Wow, what a joke

e: Should've checked before posting :v:

Also lol Tyreek made the pro bowl, poor Parm

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 21, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A witness who survived the 2012 drive-by that killed 2 identified Aaron Hernandez as the shooter.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18320374/aaron-hernandez-identified-shooter-double-slaying

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 21, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Congrats!! I hope they all play in the Pro Bowl! :D
now thats what i call a quality burn

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
still laughing about the chargers security guy jacking off fyi

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Still wondering why chargers cheerleaders were at a Raiders home game

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Still wondering why chargers cheerleaders were at a Raiders home game

Every crowd shot from this game was hilarious.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

When nature's siren song calls we are all helpless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Keith Atherton posted:

When nature's siren song calls we are all helpless

Dude probably thought all the cheering was for him.

• Locked thread