Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

gently caress HOW DID YOU FIND OUT!?

Also don't doxx me TIA

Shouldn't that be "Thanks In Retrospect"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

So I totally got Arf and INRI mixed up. That's how memorable they are. Only one of them advocating having sex with minors.

My mistake! Apologies to Arf. INRI, you know what to do Commando :911:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

So I totally got Arf and INRI mixed up. That's how memorable they are. Only one of them advocating having sex with minors.

My mistake! Apologies to Arf. INRI, you know what to do Commando :911:

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Easy mistake to make.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Mom!

I told you, it's WULF!

I'm only answering to Wulf.

:colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Propagandist posted:

No, you paid for your new AR. CIG just held onto your money for you.

e: also :hfive: black rifle goon

I sold over $1000 worth of JPEGs before getting my refund. I made sure to drain every penny out of that account. Star Citizen paid for my new rifle.

Maybe I will see about getting the logo engraved on it or something.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I sold over $1000 worth of JPEGs before getting my refund. I made sure to drain every penny out of that account. Star Citizen paid for my new rifle.

Beer is a classy, now-well-armed dude.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

Probate everyone who earnestly responds to the zero effort trolling imo

And anyone who calls their parents- I don't care if it's Hannukah! :sassargh:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

The Titanic posted:

I'm sorry you feel the need to defend his e-honor against my tremendous "try hard raging lol". :)

You can look in a medical book of adolescent problems or rituals and bring back any number of "totally real conditions guys!" But you don't need to do that if you are a normal, functioning member of society who knows basic "this is ok to talk about" versus "this probably shouldn't be talked about".

If you have a problem understanding that too, I suggest you go call your parents and ask them why they forgot to teach you this basic core value. They love you and would likely jump at the chance to once again help their child. They miss you and look forward to your call. :)

Okay, I'll drop it because it's not worth it in this thread. Laughing off your "try hard raging" tells me maybe you just wanted a pat on the back or something anyway. So, go you!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Variable 5 posted:

Beer is a classy, now-well-armed dude.

I ask myself "What would Chris do?" and then do the opposite.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's a pretty nice gun.

I have an AR-10 and a pistol that's not very accurate.

I'm sadly not a huge gun nerd so I just go shooting and have fun, but I know little else. I can field dress an AR though and clean it good.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*comes in with a lantern like diogenes* i'm searching for a man who's not buttsalt

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Warsport upper with a low grade composite lower. Spend the big bucks on trigger assembly and a decent buffer. That's a nice gat, though, very LR'ish.

Also, since I'm an advocate for good optics, the Spectre's are the go-to. You'll drop a pretty penny on 'em, but worth it.

Anyways, back to things that don't have physical goods in exchange for money.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Boom. Refund issued. $560.

Did you agree to the new ToS?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I ask myself "What would Chris do?" and then do the opposite.

In this case, quite literally.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt3rwd1UGvs

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This popped up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/811045627891068928

Ben should leave the glasses on.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

I want to emphasize, however, that the feeling of despair brought about during the 24 hours or so after the holiday stream dissipated quickly for me. In my adult baby brain, I realize there was actually significant progress, and certainly a LOT that we haven't seen just because it hasn't worked out...but a lot of work has undoubtedly been done, and 2.6, now that I have been given access on PTU really is kind of impressive.

if u think abut it, they must have more unreleased content kept under wraps than ever before

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

if u think abut it, they must have more unreleased content kept under wraps than ever before

hey were you on The Division earlier for XB1? I came across a gamertag 'T. Bibliophile' and sent a message in vain

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I'm the king of trolls, I've trolled all of you

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Boom. Refund issued. $560.

Things you can do for $560:

E: fixed drug price

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 21, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

nawledgelambo posted:

hey were you on The Division earlier for XB1? I came across a gamertag 'T. Bibliophile' and sent a message in vain

What, seriously? Somebody's archering me, I've never played that game or owned an xbox

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

What, seriously? Somebody's archering me, I've never played that game or owned an xbox

yea, i'd screenshot the username but im lazy right now.

also, here's some lol's to get us back on track. Note how extra sweaty and repulsively drunk he is tonight

https://clips.twitch.tv/theastropub/DifficultCaterpillarBCWarrior

e: dj khaled said, 'and another one'

https://clips.twitch.tv/theastropub/AggressiveSnakeGrammarKing

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 21, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why would you need a gun like that? Why would you spend that much money on such a thing?

The fact you ever put that much money into the hands of Chris Roberts makes me wonder if you judgement is sound enough to have what is clearly a killing machine.

I like you Beer, I've enjoyed many of the things you have written for a long time, pre-SA, you seem like a swell guy, could you help a guy from a country that you can't even buy a hand gun understand why you should be able, and want to, buy any assault rifle?

Honest question. Thanks.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Dude if you have a line on 200 grams of blow for $600 you could make a very pretty penny.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

squirrelzipper posted:

Dude if you have a line on 200 grams of blow for $600 you could make a very pretty penny.

Yeah, that's off by like a factor of ten.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/811383602470649857

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

Spend the big bucks on trigger assembly and a decent buffer.

Dropping $300 on a Timney trigger seems silly until that first pull. It makes a world of difference.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Kosumo posted:

Why would you need a gun like that? Why would you spend that much money on such a thing?

The fact you ever put that much money into the hands of Chris Roberts makes me wonder if you judgement is sound enough to have what is clearly a killing machine.

I like you Beer, I've enjoyed many of the things you have written for a long time, pre-SA, you seem like a swell guy, could you help a guy from a country that you can't even buy a hand gun understand why you should be able, and want to, buy any assault rifle?

Honest question. Thanks.

Because it's fun.

Think of it this way: sex has practical applications, but that's not why we do it. Guns are the same way.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Lesnick rhyming slang - Flying Cat = Fat

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Yeah, that's off by like a factor of ten.

Hey, that's right, I hosed up one order of magnitude

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Propagandist posted:

Dropping $300 on a Timney trigger seems silly until that first pull. It makes a world of difference.

god drat prop, I knew I liked you

Timney is one of the best on AR platforms. I usually stick with Geiselle on anything .308 or heavier than 150 grain

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Still think that saffron's the better deal

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

maybe you should kill some star citizens with this machine gun

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Dongicus posted:

maybe you should kill some star citizens with this machine gun

That's...not funny.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Things you can do for $560:

And definitely don't do that. SteamOS has lots of issues (wrt installation, updating, sound configuration, bugs), GPU drivers for Linux are still poo poo (AMDs' are probably the worst), and Linux support is an afterthought (or not considered at all) for too many games. Also features like in-home streaming probably still don't work 100% ok with Linux hosts

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Because it's fun.

Think of it this way: sex has practical applications, but that's not why we do it. Guns are the same way.

So guns are toys to you? Do you not see how dangerous such a gun could be? Do you to own guns like that one? What about those people who use that type of gun to kill you bunny friends?

I'd like to hear why Beer spent money on that gun if he would, what does he want it for?

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Kosumo posted:

So guns are toys to you? Do you not see how dangerous such a gun could be? Do you to own guns like that one? What about those people who use that type of gun to kill you bunny friends?

I'd like to hear why Beer spent money on that gun if he would, what does he want it for?

It's basic safety, man. guns are dangerous in the hands of the uneducated. Simple as that. You're afraid of them because you don't know them. This conversation is just going to run in circles, it's best to leave it at that.

e; taxxe of the dogge