Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Atrayonis posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt has updated to version 16.09. Read more here

Since this bears bleating all across the internet all over again and again, Tamriel Rebuilt no longer contains its own asset file. Instead, you will need to download Tamriel_Data. Please be prepared!

Make sure to read the information about Tamriel_Data and register both BSAs in your Morrowind.ini.

Register both Tamriel_Data BSAs! Both PT_Data and TR_Data need to be registered! Both! Not just one! Both!

If you don't update and register both BSAs, you will encounter missing meshes and icons, actor animation class errors, and Morrowind will choke on the error messages and crash.

I'm right now redoing the UL library book sorter for the TR add-on, from scratch, because you guys changed all the books and IDs and I hate you all so much right now.*

*But seriously, I get why you guys had to do it. I've been redoing UL's naming structure for UL 4 (which won't be done for another year, because it's such a huge lot of work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I've been there, when HothTrooper changed the EDIDs of all the Armors in immersive Armors. Good luck buddy.

There's no tesedit for morrowind either, is there. I'm honesty rather surprised nobody has back ported it.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

I've been there, when HothTrooper changed the EDIDs of all the Armors in immersive Armors. Good luck buddy.

There's no tesedit for morrowind either, is there. I'm honesty rather surprised nobody has back ported it.

The closest thing MW has WryeMash, which can update mod dependencies but that's about it. I cleaned the old dependency on TR_Data.esm, but before I did I had to go into the CS and change all the IDs for TR stuff I placed in cells by hand. Luckily there were few of those. And since I knew those objects weren't used in TR, I was able to do a replace-all on each object by unchecking the limit to cell box. I used tes3cmd to change all the faction references in dialogue, and then had to change all the ingredient IDs in the shipment scripts, but none of that was as difficult as the books.

Over 400 books, I had to copy and place by hand. It took me 12 hours, and I still have to do notes and scrolls (but not all of them). There are also a crapload of books with IDs like TR_m1_ but they're mostly ledgers quest info, so I may not bother with those. The library is almost completely full already.

Then I have to figure out if I want to add all TR's new ingredients to the shipments, but I think I'll reserve that for a future update to go with UL 4. I might break them up by region (once I figure out what comes from where), because I totally redid the scripts in UL 4 so you can order only shipments you want and leave out the ones you don't. Or I'll break them up like the vanilla ingredients into common, food, gems, and rare.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
If I am going to play Morroblivion, can I install some system changing mods to Oblivion? Like, I want to use Supreme Magicka or Deadly Reflex, but will that bork up the game? Are there levitation spells added to Morroblivion in the Oblivion engine? Should I leave it as it lies?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Millennial Sexlord posted:

If I am going to play Morroblivion, can I install some system changing mods to Oblivion? Like, I want to use Supreme Magicka or Deadly Reflex, but will that bork up the game? Are there levitation spells added to Morroblivion in the Oblivion engine? Should I leave it as it lies?

you shouldn't play morroblivion at all full stop

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I posted this in the other thread too but replaying Morrowind I can't believe I never noticed that there are no unique or enchanted pauldrons in Morrowind before. I've been using the dark brotherhood ones for the entire game and forgot they even existed because they're under some robes.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It's insane to me that TR is still going strong after all these years. Good on them. Do the releases have any quests for the finished areas?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I posted this in the other thread too but replaying Morrowind I can't believe I never noticed that there are no unique or enchanted pauldrons in Morrowind before. I've been using the dark brotherhood ones for the entire game and forgot they even existed because they're under some robes.

the ordinator you kill in tribunal has unique pauldrons

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fuligin posted:

It's insane to me that TR is still going strong after all these years. Good on them. Do the releases have any quests for the finished areas?

Having quests is how they define an area as being finished.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Been playing with the MGSO/Morrowind Rebirth/Madd Leveler/Tamriel Rebuilt combo on max difficulty slider. Holy poo poo is the game hard now. So few things are worth money and everything seems so heavy. I feel like skill increases have been reduced massively but I can't really be sure since I didn't compare it to vanilla. Luckily Practice Dummies are part of the mod so you can at least level up your skills that way early on. At least they didn't jack up silt strider/guild guide prices, so that's a plus. Overall I approve of the mod. It's certainly given the game massive longevity, but expect to be spamming even more 1 magicka spells than usual. They've done a great job of removing money exploits from the vast majority of the game, there's no random plates that are worth hundreds of gold or anything like that. It really emphasizes the feeling of moving forward towards godhood inch by miserable inch, which I love doing in games. I had to get to my 20s before I could reliably do anything at all involving combat.

What's a convenient storage location? One that you can get to reliably from almost anywhere? Keep in mind I'm not using a multimark mod.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stexils posted:

the ordinator you kill in tribunal has unique pauldrons

Oh cool, I've barely ever been in the dlcs so I'll go take a look.

God becoming Hortator's tedious.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's a convenient storage location? One that you can get to reliably from almost anywhere? Keep in mind I'm not using a multimark mod.

I'd say get a Caldera house mod. Divine Intervention will take you to the nearest Imperial Cult shrine, and every shrine has a nearby Mages Guild that can take you to Caldera. Furthermore, after a quest, you also get access to the whole Propylon network from Caldera's Mages Guild. It's a good hub for Vvardenfell operations at least.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Fuligin posted:

Last time I played in TR regions was a couple years ago and there were some quests in the Telvanni areas that were implemented at that time. I don't know how things are in the places since then but I'd assume at least some quests exist?

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I've been using the Fighters Guild in Vivec. Where the bunks are downstairs are 5 faction owned chests. Obviously you need to be in the guild to use them. I have my Mark set right next to the mudcrab merchant, and at that location Almsivi Intervention takes you to Molag Mar where you can Silt Strider to wherever. Divine goes to Ebonheart. It's a pretty nice setup, I think.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

RBA Starblade posted:

Maybe if you're not CHIM

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Ralen Hlallo's corpse in his house in Balmora. Holds infinite weight and never despawns.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

K8.0 posted:

Ralen Hlallo's corpse in his house in Balmora. Holds infinite weight and never despawns.

Old school storage solution right here, I did this way the hell back on the XBox :allears:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

K8.0 posted:

This is what I went with. I'm not 100% every single change that Morrowind Rebirth makes so for all I know it makes containers respawn. I would be devastated if my stash disappeared, this mod setup is too difficult for a setback like that.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just throw everything on the floor of the Balmora mage guild you pansy

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mister Adequate posted:

Old school storage solution right here, I did this way the hell back on the XBox :allears:

i thought this was what everyone did. i never trusted containers, even the ones that weren't supposed to refresh. they ate my rate poo poo too many times.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Addamere posted:

Just throw everything in Ra'Virr's house you pansy

Fixed that for you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RBA Starblade posted:

who the gently caress actually does the main quest in morrowind

go join the tribunal temple and house telvanni you maroon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This is what I went with. I'm not 100% every single change that Morrowind Rebirth makes so for all I know it makes containers respawn. I would be devastated if my stash disappeared, this mod setup is too difficult for a setback like that.

Morrowind Rebirth removes everything fun and good so probably

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Morrowind Rebirth removes everything fun and good so probably
I haven't tried it, but am tempted to.

Explain.

I want you to discourage me.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

I haven't tried it, but am tempted to.

Explain.

I want you to discourage me.
I just realise I bitch about Morrowind Rebirth every time it comes up lol

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's true. There's lots of cool stuff in it, its problem is 100% being one of the dumb everything-and-the-kitchen-sink mods that came into fashion around the time of Oblivion, as did most bad things in life. You can't just change up the cities and make them cool and expanded, you have to add dungeons and spell effects and fix "bugs" that aren't bugs (such as merchants having money, and giving you said money when you give them items in the barter window - weird bug that was!!) and rebalance everything and add frankly bizarre poo poo like random dialogue and sound effects and sexy Daedroths

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao morrowind rebirth outright removes the hair shirt of st kingdoms of alamur from the game world. I checked in the CS and everything. The item still exists, he just deleted the instance of it that's placed in the game, making the temple questline impossible without the console. For no reason. Good mod.

so obsessed with balance he would rather break a faction questline than allow a powerful item to exist

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
To be fair, balance is really important for Morrowind's multiplayer experience.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Re: rebirth, it's a noble concept but trancemaster tries to change everything for the sake of changing it sometimes. That makes using any other mods really hard. I want to say Illuminated Order was completely hosed by it which for me was the last straw but it screwed up a lot of mods from what I remember

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the thought of someone trying to balance one of the most inherently broken games to ever exist is loving hilarious to me

like how the poo poo does someone like morrowind enough to make major mods for it without liking how completely busted it is, it's like a major defining characteristic of the game

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Atrayonis posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt has updated to version 16.09. Read more here

Since this bears bleating all across the internet all over again and again, Tamriel Rebuilt no longer contains its own asset file. Instead, you will need to download Tamriel_Data. Please be prepared!

Make sure to read the information about Tamriel_Data and register both BSAs in your Morrowind.ini.

Register both Tamriel_Data BSAs! Both PT_Data and TR_Data need to be registered! Both! Not just one! Both!

If you don't update and register both BSAs, you will encounter missing meshes and icons, actor animation class errors, and Morrowind will choke on the error messages and crash.

So here's a question, I went to dutifully register both the BSAs and found that an additional one is already in there, from MGSO I presume. So what do? Do I just add 1 to the TR BSAs? I feel like that would break poo poo but I dunno. Any advice appreciated.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just realise I bitch about Morrowind Rebirth every time it comes up lol

so obsessed with balance he would rather break a faction questline than allow a powerful item to exist

Your complaints were made in like 2014. It is possible that the mod has updated. Either way I feel like you're being way too harsh on it. Here's the video that sold me on it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Your complaints were made in like 2014. It is possible that the mod has updated. Either way I feel like you're being way too harsh on it. Here's the video that sold me on it.
yeah they put the hair shirt back in I guess. I'm never going to use it again anyway

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mister Adequate posted:

Do I just add 1 to the TR BSAs? I feel like that would break poo poo but I dunno. Any advice appreciated.

Yes. Just keep them in sequence, and each with its own distinct number. There's no issue to expect.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes. Just keep them in sequence, and each with its own distinct number. There's no issue to expect.

Thanks, working fine! I had thought it might want to point at like, a specific file somewhere else called "TR_BSA_2" or something like that, which is why I wasn't sure.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cubey posted:

the thought of someone trying to balance one of the most inherently broken games to ever exist is loving hilarious to me

like how the poo poo does someone like morrowind enough to make major mods for it without liking how completely busted it is, it's like a major defining characteristic of the game

see: BTB's game """"""""""""""""""improvements""""""""""""""""""""

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

see: BTB's game """"""""""""""""""improvements""""""""""""""""""""

Speaking of which, I was browsing the Bethesda forums a few days ago and it seems he's doing another overhaul from the ground up incorporating what he's learned about game design in the meantime. The emphasis is more on fun than exploit removal this time though bizarrely he still hasn't really played the game.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Just updated Uvirith's Legacy. Mostly minor bug-fixes, but mainly for the new TR add-on: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-35-884

And I finally uploaded my update on Quest Tweaks and Alternatives as well: http://download.fliggerty.com/download--1090

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna make a mod that replaces every texture in the game with a picture of my balls.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Morrowind: Scrote Edition

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm gonna make a mod that replaces every texture in the game with a picture of my balls.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=XPmvo5OakpM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

I codged together his grunt with MW's skill up sound in a file called levelderp. It's in the mod QTA (linked above).