Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

VagueRant posted:

Oh drat, now I'm REALLY bummed I didn't get to listen to those tours. People ripping into Scott is my favourite thing.

The 'howl is very broken' loophole will probably still work until the new system is in place, so all you have to do is go to the tour page with all the episodes, hit 'view source' in the browser, and copy paste the URL for the episode you want to listen to including all the bits and pieces at the end and it'll play. It's a very bad website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Or give them $5 :shrug:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I've reached a compromise: I won't give them 5 dollars and also won't listen to their podcasts. Everyone wins..

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's good on Howl now anyways

I just listened to Wild Horses and some of the other stuff that was there in the first month then cancelled

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I just listened to Wild Horses and some of the other stuff that was there in the first month then cancelled

Questions for Lennon and Superego: Forgotten Classics are great.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

I've reached a compromise: I won't give them 5 dollars and also won't listen to their podcasts. Everyone wins..

New no nos

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

EL BROMANCE posted:

The 'howl is very broken' loophole will probably still work until the new system is in place, so all you have to do is go to the tour page with all the episodes, hit 'view source' in the browser, and copy paste the URL for the episode you want to listen to including all the bits and pieces at the end and it'll play. It's a very bad website.

I think they may have figured it out. I can't seem to figure out how to download the Boston Strangler podcasts that way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Questions for Lennon and Superego: Forgotten Classics are great.

Like, as fun as a couple Howl exclusives are, the reason to get it is for the live CBB eps. There were 40-something this year. Before Howl I used to pay a couple bucks per tour episode. Just highly worth it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Forgotten Classics is better than all of CBB put together.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The Layman with Jon Gemberling Gabrus is essentially his High & Mighty podcast only he screams at a scientist instead, ie pretty good.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Help Im Alive posted:

I think if you liked Wild Horses you'd enjoy Teacher's Lounge (by UCB improv group Big Grande).

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I forgot how funny Mike Hanford's haymonger was. I love anti-comedy so much.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Harris makin me chuckle from beyond the grave with that white supremacist Twitter follow.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Drunkboxer posted:

Harris makin me chuckle from beyond the grave with that white supremacist Twitter follow.

came here to post this! this little story gave a big ol' smile on the subway, it is the most harris thing possible.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Conrad_Birdie posted:

came here to post this! this little story gave a big ol' smile on the subway, it is the most harris thing possible.

What happened?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

ElCondemn posted:

What happened?

A white supremacist tweeted at PFT, and when PFT checked his page he saw that the white supremacist was followed by Harris

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

White Chicks is better than I, Robot? Get outta town.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I could definitely imagine some of Hair-Dog's Phish friends ending up going a bit nuts this election cycle.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I only heard the first 3 of 4 entries in yesterday, but it was super heavy on the xth iteration of this episode (Time Bobby, Solo Bolo etc). I hope the ones higher up in the list are the newer things they tried this year, because those were great from memory.

Monster gently caress can be #1 though, that's fine.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Does anyone know when in last year's best of the idea behind for Please Don't Joke About I, Robot This Christmas was spawned?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm 90% it was 2015 part 2. It'll probably be towards the end if I had to guess. I might look later tonight.

Edit: It starts at ~11:40.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 25, 2016

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Tatumje posted:

I'm 90% it was 2015 part 2. It'll probably be towards the end if I had to guess. I might look later tonight.

Edit: It starts at ~11:40.

They said they were going to get special guests :mad:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I can never remember what happened to predict these clips but I hope that Brett Gelman's suicide note for Uncle Sam is up there. Seems fitting for #1 this year.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

i am the bird posted:

I can never remember what happened to predict these clips but I hope that Brett Gelman's suicide note for Uncle Sam is up there. Seems fitting for #1 this year.

Good call, I laughed so hard at that.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Engineer Cody comes through with the play of the game.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a good thing Scott can't fire him.

Also Scott has fallen into the trap of not being able to tell The Simpsons and real life apart when it comes to Mr Microphone.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wow, they used the unedited "Oh, Hello Show" clip where Scott brings up Steve Rannazzisi. I went back to find that clip myself a few months ago and discovered that it had been scrubbed from the version currently on Soundcloud.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also Scott has fallen into the trap of not being able to tell The Simpsons and real life apart when it comes to Mr Microphone.

Whatever you do, don't tweet this at PFT.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hi, I'm pregnant.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

engineer cody has a great role in this episode.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Scott has previously talked on the best-ofs about how PFT may be a figment of his imagination. Is bringing that thought up during the conversation also a tradition now in addition to the Mr. Microphone thing?

Do the best-of episodes really need a mythos?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I completely forgot about Maxwell's beautiful, soulful rap.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

i am the bird posted:

Whatever you do, don't tweet this at PFT.

Sounds like I need to check Twitter! By the time I heard it (about 2 hours after release) and made the connection, the earwolf forum thread had already linked it and about 10 people had tweeted Scott, but it was about 6am or so.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JethroMcB posted:

Wow, they used the unedited "Oh, Hello Show" clip where Scott brings up Steve Rannazzisi. I went back to find that clip myself a few months ago and discovered that it had been scrubbed from the version currently on Soundcloud.

Why on earth did they edit that out?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was around the time of it coming out that he lied about being a 9/11 survivor, and I guess bringing it up to a friend and costar is just a bit too awkward.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Why on earth did they edit that out?

Nick specifically requests that in the clip

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, fair enough. Seems weird that they'd leave it in originally, then edit it out, and then let it show up again for the best-ofs, though. If I had to guess, I'd blame Cody.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ah, fair enough. Seems weird that they'd leave it in originally, then edit it out, and then let it show up again for the best-ofs, though. If I had to guess, I'd blame Cody.

Good thing Scott can't fire him.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I never want to hear Scott mime performing fellatio eating a Wendy's Frosty ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

What a lovely top 15 this year. Kid detectives 2 seriously?