Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
After dropping some cash on the new bundle, and the 300 lapis, I've spent eighty or ninety bucks on this game since I've had survey money from Google to apply. I used five more tickets today and while I still failed to get Noctis, I ended up with the last character I didn't have, but wanted: Firion.

I think the only non time limited characters I don't have are Snow, Luneth, Elza, and Noctis. I suppose I'll do daily pulls while this banner goes on but otherwise save my lapis and tickets for Orlandu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Decided to dump 5k because gently caress it why not. Here goes my first 11pull:

Charlotte, Alma, Snow, Refia, Mercedes, Golbez, Cecil, Bartz, Chiz, Snow, Amarant

Well, it could've been worse. 5 gold and I hit Mercedes whom I was going for is okay I guess. Also double Snow is a cool fuckyou from Gumi given the 20+ tix and dailies I spend on his banner and got ZERO banner units.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Despite not getting a base 5*, that's probably one of the best 11-pulls I've seen. Golbez is probably the worst guy on there and he hasn't gotten his 6* in Japan yet so who knows if he'll be awful at 6*.

Meanwhile I daily pulled a Charlotte, grabbed the lapis bundle and spent the 2 tickets to pull Cylne and Maria. SUCK!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vax posted:

Daily: Agrias

Well, since she is 97/100 on that latest Altema update being top 8 and basically a mini-Orlandu I'm certainly not complaining.

Best thing about agrias is that you dont NEED an orlandu yourself to cause massive havock on mobs. Say you have two modestly geared agrias and a turbo whale friend orlandu, thats it youve trivialized most content because the two agrias whipping out their holy explosions and your friend orlandu using his will completely shred things from the chain. Plus she has full break, protectaga and curaja

drat I really need at least two cecils. The bastard keeps eluding me and I really want an excalibur for when she gets her 6*

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 21, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I cannot get my macros to run for more than an hour now. They either crash to desktop, freeze up entirely or end up in some feedback loop.

This is on both Memu and Nox, and on the most recent versions of each.

That alone might kill the game for me.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

/Shrug
Couple new mons I guess...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So, tell me if I am crazy but here is my idea.

Buy the big bundle, use the tickets and whatnot. But the lapis is used not for ineffectually pulling, but to fuel TM grinding. I kinda really like this idea, it feels right and like I said a better use of lapis than multisummoning and getting nothing. I would still buy the 300 lapis ticket bundles with it, but the rest would go to TM grinding (and also maybe grinding the maze while it is around, if there is a macro for it?).

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Just a heads up, account got suspended. I use Memu a great deal for TM farming, but no hacks/injections for cheating.

Put an email in to support asking what's up, hope this was a mistake.

I spend way to much money on these mobile game's IAP to risk bans from cheating, so not sure what's happened.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So, tell me if I am crazy but here is my idea.

Buy the big bundle, use the tickets and whatnot. But the lapis is used not for ineffectually pulling, but to fuel TM grinding. I kinda really like this idea, it feels right and like I said a better use of lapis than multisummoning and getting nothing. I would still buy the 300 lapis ticket bundles with it, but the rest would go to TM grinding (and also maybe grinding the maze while it is around, if there is a macro for it?).

There IS a macro for it, and it changes everything for me. Imagine checking Memu every few hours and having the pleasure of just applying a shedload of Cactaurs to your unit of choice.

Also, your idea makes me want to drop money for the second time in this game. I'd get so many TMs progressed with 100 refreshes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, Cerius is really good at it; CoD's are 30%, Cerius' are 70%. Of course not being able to do anything else just hurts her. If she'd gotten Cheer or Focus or something.

Cerius is a poor mans Minfilia. Which is doubly weird given that Minfilia is free from an event if you farm enough points.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 21, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kalas posted:

Just a heads up, account got suspended. I use Memu a great deal for TM farming, but no hacks/injections for cheating.

Put an email in to support asking what's up, hope this was a mistake.

I spend way to much money on these mobile game's IAP to risk bans from cheating, so not sure what's happened.

Wow that sucks. I hope you just got flagged in error and get your account back.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Captaindirtnap posted:

There IS a macro for it, and it changes everything for me. Imagine checking Memu every few hours and having the pleasure of just applying a shedload of Cactaurs to your unit of choice.

Also, your idea makes me want to drop money for the second time in this game. I'd get so many TMs progressed with 100 refreshes.

Having done this myself, you would get 5 done, assuming all were solo ones.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My daily was a gold that reformed into a rainbow. This is the second rainbow I've pulled on a daily pull this banner (the first being Dark Knight Cecil on day one).

IT WAS RAMZA. :woop: I've been wanting him for ages! He's finally mine!

Feeling on top of the world, I decided to burn the ticket I got for login bonus today for another gold. Mercedes! The one thing I wanted most from this banner!

Today was a good pull day. :toot:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Twelve by Pies posted:

My daily was a gold that reformed into a rainbow. This is the second rainbow I've pulled on a daily pull this banner (the first being Dark Knight Cecil on day one).

IT WAS RAMZA. :woop: I've been wanting him for ages! He's finally mine!

Feeling on top of the world, I decided to burn the ticket I got for login bonus today for another gold. Mercedes! The one thing I wanted most from this banner!

Today was a good pull day. :toot:

Go for the hat trick, burn one more!

Get Bediled!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Daily Pull: Charlotte
Ticket 1: Charlotte
Ticket 2: Charlotte

Ok I'm done thanks Gumi!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

McSpankWich posted:

Daily Pull: Charlotte
Ticket 1: Charlotte
Ticket 2: Charlotte

Ok I'm done thanks Gumi!

Hahahaha exactly the same here! Her TM isn't far away

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

MrLonghair posted:

Hahahaha exactly the same here! Her TM isn't far away

I'm up to 80% after the massive 70 pulls I did when the banner first came out.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So wait should I be afraid to do TM farming on memu? I've only done a little so I'm not really sure what qualifies as need to be scared.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Honestly, if I get banned for Macroing it'll be a bitter sweet release.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Servaetes posted:

So wait should I be afraid to do TM farming on memu? I've only done a little so I'm not really sure what qualifies as need to be scared.

There are a lot of people who have been macroing for months and haven't been banned. There's no proof Kalas was banned for macroing, we have no idea why his account was suspended and there's nothing to do but wait until he gets a response from Gumi and posts it.

Though honestly considering the amount of people who macro and haven't been banned, I'd say you don't need to be scared.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Half Price: Charlotte.
Free Ticket: Charlotte.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

m.hache posted:

Honestly, if I get banned for Macroing it'll be a bitter sweet release.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Let's get a Chizuru!

Daily Celes
Kuja
Lenna
Golbez
Hayate
Clyne
Firion
Charlotte
Cyan
Maria
Russell
Vivi

And then one more pull to get my lucky number 13 of failure!

Vivi

gently caress gachas.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

gently caress gachas.

Looks like they "Gacha" good!

:suicide:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I assume the maze macro just runs through the middle and then left or right if it gets that far. How does it handle it when the maze ends early?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gold crystal on half pull made me dare to hope for Mercedes, instead it was Alma #2. I can't recall the last 4* base I got from a gold crystal. Agrias, I guess?

HGH posted:

Medius and Cerius still suck, Rosalia is a dedicated defensive healer that could work if you have other buffers, and Noel is a pretty interesting and tanky mage:
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ji8my/gl_1221_maint_quick_peek/

Lack of Raise on Rosalia is horrible. It's a shame too because her counter ability is pretty amazing since it's a 40% chance to self-esuna and give elemental immunity (100% resist) for 2 turns and a separate chance to self/aoe cure when damaged... :psyduck:

Cerius getting innate dualcast is nice at least. My desire to finish leveling her has dropped sharply though since she is still just a badly inferior version of Minfilia.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cerius is a poor mans Minfilia. Which is doubly weird given that Minfilia is free from an event if you farm enough points.

As is Y'shtola, IIRC, which is nice for those of us who will never pull Refia. Wish the event would show up soon though because lack of a 6* healer suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I assume the maze macro just runs through the middle and then left or right if it gets that far. How does it handle it when the maze ends early?

Nox/Memu macros are dumb macros. They always run full circle. They cant detect when something is finished. This specific macro you are talking about works because the stage select for the maze is all the way up and so even if the maze ends early it has a big area to keep clicking without hitting anything.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Pulled a gold crystal today. I'm thinking I've finally broken my curse of Charlottes and I'll be getting a Chiz or Mercedes.

Nope. Vanille.

This banner has been absolutely brutal for me. I burned my tickets on the first day and these were my pulls:

Duane
Charlotte
Gilbert
Anzelm
Charlotte
Anzelm
Edge
Charlotte
Gilbert
Charlotte
Galuf
Charlotte
Krile
Rakshasa
Shantotto
Cerius
Vaan

:barf:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat you got destroyed

I'm saving these weeks and the event tickets for Orlando even though noctis is great. I'll still pull dailies till the banner switches

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 21, 2016

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

There are a lot of people who have been macroing for months and haven't been banned. There's no proof Kalas was banned for macroing, we have no idea why his account was suspended and there's nothing to do but wait until he gets a response from Gumi and posts it.

Though honestly considering the amount of people who macro and haven't been banned, I'd say you don't need to be scared.

I'm worried it was all the frequent crashes I've been having again, I kept getting dumped to a 'feedback' page over the last few days which was a new one.

Seriously it would be a release for me too if I didn't get this account back. I would probably be able to give up IAP entirely if I lost all the effort/money I put into this one.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Man Gilberts victory animation makes me smile. I wonder if his 30% death to all enemies is "okay" in arena? Probably not.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I used my two tickets I got today and my free pull and got:

Agrias, Ludmille, Celes. I know I shouldn't be annoyed at that pull, and I really don't mind the second Agrias, but I don't think I needed the 4th Ludmille or the 2nd Celes and really think I'm due a 5* game!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's a really good set of pulls dude.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Vax posted:

Nox/Memu macros are dumb macros. They always run full circle. They cant detect when something is finished. This specific macro you are talking about works because the stage select for the maze is all the way up and so even if the maze ends early it has a big area to keep clicking without hitting anything.

Of course. Now that I see it in action it's obvious that's how it would have to work.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

deathbagel posted:

and really think I'm due a 5* game!

A 5* Rakshasha appears as a finger on the monkey's paw closes.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Kalas posted:

I'm worried it was all the frequent crashes I've been having again, I kept getting dumped to a 'feedback' page over the last few days which was a new one.

Seriously it would be a release for me too if I didn't get this account back. I would probably be able to give up IAP entirely if I lost all the effort/money I put into this one.

You're still on my friends list and available to be used so thats something

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Inspired by Vax and his good pulls I decided to spend the tickets I got from the bundle and walked away with:

Mustadio
Mustadio
Vaan
Hope
Alma
4* Hayate
Charlotte
Vaan
Miyuki
Kain

bonus "oops I clicked the Lapis button pulls"

ExDeath
Kefka

Hayate #3 and Miyuki #4 came at the right time.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Of course after bitching about my Macro's today, Nox has been running flawlessly for 6 hours while I work.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

m.hache posted:

Of course after bitching about my Macro's today, Nox has been running flawlessly for 6 hours while I work.

If your system supports chrome remote desktop, I was surprised to discover that it is both usable over 4g on my phone and also quite data-light for the short periods necessary to check in on my macros and get them restarted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
Did the semi-monthly purge of the inactives, have three slots for anyone that wants a 579atk (dual wield) Cloud of Darkness - should be more than that soon, have some TMs in the oven and a bunch of trust moogles. (might also be switching to lightning if I get that geared out instead)

• Locked thread