Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

can we get a liberal version of infowars, this stuff would look great on the homepage

Its called CNN i think

e: ed balls ed balls eduardo pelotas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
personally i dont see what point there is in immediately assuming that signs of support from moderates are insincere and cynical, because that immediately sabotages your ability to accomplish anything, even by the narrow standards of working within the political establishment

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Its called CNN i think

oh i'm sorry i meant leftist

usuncut is probably the best bet

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i forgot there are differences in terms that are incredibly important that 85% of americans are unaware of and don't give a gently caress

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

If Ellison somehow manages to lead the party to success I think Schumer will continue to back him all the way though.

you keep doing this cool thing where you pretend people say what you want to claim they said instead of the stuff they actually said.

If you're going to engage, take the same approach one would when replying to obdicut: Be as clear and concise as absolutely possible to minimize the ways in which your poo poo can be misread.

If you don't then it's your own fault what happens.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

i forgot there are differences in terms that are incredibly important that 85% of americans are unaware of and don't give a gently caress

Yikes

I wasn't even talking about the different terms lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

If Ellison somehow manages to lead the party to success I think Schumer will continue to back him all the way though.

you keep doing this cool thing where you pretend people say what you want to claim they said instead of the stuff they actually said.

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

someone quote me in like 3 years:

Ellison will win DNC chair. Schumer et al were so quick to endorse him because they know the Dems are gonna get obliterated the next several years, and definitely the next cycle. This will discredit the leftward trajectory that's going on right now and will set the stage for, you guessed it, The Assassination of Keith Ellison By The Coward Corey Booker.

also bonus quote from some weirdo assigning random motivations to future events that won't even happen but he's just gotta churn out this fanfic

quote:

Perez seems like that sort of person, so if he wins I expect a lot of folks to be whinging constantly about how we're "turning" on a "progressive friend of labour" a lot, and then pushing Booker as the solution since obviously even the left has rejected "progressives".

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

can we get a liberal version of infowars, this stuff would look great on the homepage

isn't it democracy now!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like jeez even if the basic principle of the relationship is both parties expecting the other to shank them, grab real tight hold of them so that if you go down you take them with you. dont just slap their hand aside and shout gently caress YOU PIG.

Serf
May 5, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Agreed, because he's a politician and knows which side his bread is buttered on. But as soon as any whiff of actually progressivism that could have a tiny chance of possibly impacting the bottom line of his corporate sponsors hits the scene, watch how fast the knives come out.

paranoid randroid posted:

personally i dont see what point there is in immediately assuming that signs of support from moderates are insincere and cynical, because that immediately sabotages your ability to accomplish anything, even by the narrow standards of working within the political establishment

is there some reason I can't see them as insincere parasites and yet still say that we should work with them?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lastgirl posted:

isn't it democracy now!

ugh you guys need to work on better news branding

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

its called rachal maddow

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

like jeez even if the basic principle of the relationship is both parties expecting the other to shank them, grab real tight hold of them so that if you go down you take them with you. dont just slap their hand aside and shout gently caress YOU PIG.

well i mean that's half the point of putting that stuff out there to me. gotta be prepared to cuff yourself to them when the knife goes in.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Oh Snapple! posted:

If you're going to engage, take the same approach one would when replying to obdicut: Be as clear and concise as absolutely possible to minimize the ways in which your poo poo can be misread.

If you don't then it's your own fault what happens.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

PSA: Stop engaging with tastrom garmprats.

regards,

--gane hokum fin

wow you guys need...

rules

of

engagement

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baloogan posted:

wow you guys need...

rules

of

engagement

rule #1: there are no rules! *starts shooting*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ZUfyLWrSE&t=39s

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

The Democrats are not gonna lead the left out of the Trumpenreich Wildnerness, if that's what you mean. Salvation will only come through grassroots organizing independent of the established party structures

There's a lot of truth to the bolded part. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of rabid racist paranoid delusional hatred on the left, like there was and is on the right that created the current political climate. Your base has to be absolutely scared shitless and desperate to accomplish the sort of wave election that elected Trump and that sort of desperation just doesn't exist on the left; mainly because most people just don't understand how modern politics affects their lives. Trump's policies are going to have to actually hurt a lot of people before they are going to be convinced to become active.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

radical meme posted:

Trump's policies are going to have to actually hurt a lot of people before they are going to be convinced to become active.

well boy have i got good news for you

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

also bonus quote from some weirdo assigning random motivations to future events that won't even happen but he's just gotta churn out this fanfic

That doesn't say what you think it does

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

That doesn't say what you think it does

were you not just weirdly assuming that if Perez wins (he won't) those whiny babies will complain about anyone criticizing him until they make it acceptable to just run booker like apparently they deeply deeply want to do?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

How does it sabotage our ability to accomplish, that's a weird assertation considering the conclusion to "assuming support from moderates (as if) are insincere and cynical" should be "so keep fighting, keep working on gaining power you can leverage, keep an eye on them and hold them accountable, and if you get a leadership role then try your best to lead the party to victory".

Like where is the actual sabotage.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

i like the Now part

what if we

there

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

just a quick history lesson for y'all:

there has not been a single instance, in the history of the USA, that either the Democrats or the Republicans were successfully coopted by leftists. In fact, both parties have regularly Crossed The Aisle to stamp out leftism

Why do you think that will happen now?

I think it might actually be possible because of how they barley crushed Sander's disorganized campaign in the primaries. i think if we organize from the ground up we can take over the structures of the party.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

were you not just weirdly assuming that if Perez wins (he won't) those whiny babies will complain about anyone criticizing him until they make it acceptable to just run booker like apparently they deeply deeply want to do?

the whiny babies was you and yeah I expect if he wins (I'm not going to assume victory because doing that is dumb, see: Hillary Clinton) you're gonna be whining a lot about us criticizing Perez.

Are you gonna claim you won't whine about us criticizing Perez should that happen?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

dont look at me, im independent for a reason :smugbert:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

if ur attempting to organize within the party and go around assuming that enemies constantly surround you and your prima facie is that betrayal is inevitable, ur never going to accomplish anything and will probably only succeed in marginalizing yourself

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

if ur attempting to organize within the party and go around assuming that enemies constantly surround you and your prima facie is that betrayal is inevitable, ur never going to accomplish anything and will probably only succeed in marginalizing yourself

I'm not buying it, even the way you're warping it, in a world where Nixon got to be President.

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Dec 21, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

the whiny babies was you and yeah I expect if he wins (I'm not going to assume victory because doing that is dumb, see: Hillary Clinton) you're gonna be whining a lot about us criticizing Perez.

Are you gonna claim you won't whine about us criticizing Perez should that happen?

I mean, I'm not gonna sign some blood oath to agree with every criticism you have about him in this parallel universe but I'm pretty neutral on Booker, I don't really give enough of a poo poo about him to have some elaborate whine based conspiracy to support him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm not buying it, even the way you're warping it, in a world where Nixon got to be President.

jesus

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pretty cool how the fate of the entire world now hinges on what kind of opposition the crippled "left" wing of the United States can put against in the next 4 years against the likes of Exxon Mobil executives in charge of the State Department, Rick Perry in charge of the Dept. of Energy, etc....

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

nixon was unique in a lot of ways

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

But enough about the Hillary campaign...

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

How does it sabotage our ability to accomplish, that's a weird assertation considering the conclusion to "assuming support from moderates (as if) are insincere and cynical" should be "so keep fighting, keep working on gaining power you can leverage, keep an eye on them and hold them accountable, and if you get a leadership role then try your best to lead the party to victory".

sabotage implies malice, cunning, and forethought on behalf of the left

the left is going to see moderate support, assume its insincere and cynical because reasons, and go bungle the gently caress out of it with identity politics while the centrist wing discredits them and proposes republican-lite

you don't accuse the keystone kops of sabotage, you accuse them of being incompetent

GlyphGryph posted:

nixon didn't fundamentally change the party until he was already in power and his policy shifts weren't going to kill the goose that lays the golden parachutes

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean, I'm not gonna sign some blood oath to agree with every criticism you have about him in this parallel universe but I'm pretty neutral on Booker, I don't really give enough of a poo poo about him to have some elaborate whine based conspiracy to support him.

Hahahahahah.

It's not a loving conspiracy you dingbat, but you've convinced me it's absolutely true.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

gonna lol when Ellison gets elected DNC chair and the Dems still get murdered in 2018

Looking at the senate seats that are up, that's inevitable.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
people will totally whine about criticisms of Perez if he becomes DNC chair. thats not a conspiracy theory thats just observing recorded history.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Pretty cool how the fate of the entire world now hinges on what kind of opposition the crippled "left" wing of the United States can put against in the next 4 years against the likes of Exxon Mobil executives in charge of the State Department, Rick Perry in charge of the Dept. of Energy, etc....

lmao yeah we're pretty screwed, but since when has that not been true? the neolithic?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

Hahahahahah.

It's not a loving conspiracy you dingbat, but you've convinced me it's absolutely true.

im not crazy, everyone around me MADE me crazy!!!!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

redneck nazgul posted:

the left is going to see moderate support, assume its insincere and cynical because reasons, and go bungle the gently caress out of it with identity politics while the centrist wing discredits them and proposes republican-lite

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

nixon was unique in a lot of ways

more progressive than fdr and johnson combined, i heard. did you know he created the epa, the wpa, and the ccc????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

redneck nazgul posted:

nixon didn't fundamentally change the party until he was already in power and his policy shifts weren't going to kill the goose that lays the golden parachutes

I was just referring to the bit about thinking you couldn't trust lots of people somehow marginalizing you in politics.

• Locked thread