Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
just gently caress already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
nice gif of nerdjosh

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so like, is he mad because he couldn't answer that question ever, or is he mad because he was asked that question in the first place?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think helen is a cooler character than the dolls potentially. there will also definitely be a doll in that roster don't worry

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Lmao I forgot how lovely the reach is after playing revelator for a few days

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

i think helen is a cooler character than the dolls potentially. there will also definitely be a doll in that roster don't worry

I think her face looks bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Baal posted:

I think her face looks bad

It is sfv

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

Thanks for the reassurance

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ROFL Octopus posted:

Thanks for the reassurance

Its more resignation

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

I mean, what does she DO tho, at least the Dolls have established gimmicks. Will she be able to summon zombies or some poo poo?

God, I swear I'm trying to leave this topic to you misguided souls that enjoy SFV, but the season 2 roster possibilites sound like garbage unless Capcom goes super hard into guest character territory.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm all for new characters but I feel like this is something you mix and match on not just go the entire season is new except Akuma.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

interro is an idiot

why are you stating the obvious

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

nice gif of nerdjosh

that was my thought when we first came upon that youtube vid.

its great.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

These loving costumes

Why even give them clothes

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Honestly, if SFV had anything like MKX's holiday towers that'd be a fun game mode. Would probably need to disable mirror matches but it'd be interesting for a minute.

Instead SFV continues to punish people who try to play the game, like it knows it's bad and is trying to save people from themselves.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

anime was right posted:

that was my thought when we first came upon that youtube vid.

its great.

Indulge me.

mango sentinel posted:

Why even give them clothes

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Salty LTG videos are almost entirly responsible for why I even still pay attention to this game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ultimate Akuma combo: crush counter sweep -> v-trigger -> forward hp

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
is juri looking any better after the changes? Wanna pick her up but $8 is a bit steep if she's still terrible

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

pupuru posted:

is juri looking any better after the changes? Wanna pick her up but $8 is a bit steep if she's still terrible

It's really not hard to get fight money through character stories, survival and trials if you don't want to spend money. I've got 3 of the DLC characters so far.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

HMS Beagle posted:

It's really not hard to get fight money through character stories, survival and trials if you don't want to spend money. I've got 3 of the DLC characters so far.

thats not sustainable into season 2 and no one wants to do survival or no one would have bitched about the color unlocks till they monetized that too.

Story literally gives you 30K lmao.

a character is 100K

I want urien but I don't feel like spending even more time just to play someone i might not like.

I'd really rather them just release SSFV then keep this poo poo up.

This game already has more in dlc (cosmetic and characters and stages) then if you'd bought everything in sf4 on its own at release prices.And that was over the span of like 5 years.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 22, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

SectumSempra posted:

thats not sustainable into season 2 and no one wants to do survival or no one would have bitched about the color unlocks till they monetized that too.

Story literally gives you 30K lmao.

a character is 100K

I want urien but I don't feel like spending even more time just to play someone i might not like.

I'd really rather them just release SSFV then keep this poo poo up.

but the game is so fun that its no problem just playing matches to get fight money. i mean all the dlc chars from both seasons will only be 1 million fight money total...

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Zand posted:

but the game is so fun that its no problem just playing matches to get fight money. i mean all the dlc chars from both seasons will only be 1 million fight money total...

What's funny is that we all know how there are dedicated people who get platinums in every game or whatever.

There is a trophy on ps4 for having 1,000,000 fight money and .1% of the people who played the game have it.

Even hard to get things sit at .8-2% or so.

It's the only sf5 trophy for ps4 near that, so platinum is also at the same .1%

The people getting it at using turbo sticks and leaving the game in training over night with match request on.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 22, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
for reference, at 50 FM per ranked win, this is 20,000 ranked wins for all the characters

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

SectumSempra posted:

The people getting it at using turbo sticks and leaving the game in training over night with match request on.

Don't you have to win to earn fight money

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Don't you have to win to earn fight money

No you get 1000 per level up

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FM isn't that hard to get since they introduced missions. You guys don't need to get hysterical about literally everything.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

FM isn't that hard to get since they introduced missions. You guys don't need to get hysterical about literally everything.

Uh, the core complaint is still they decided to charge for a full price game AND simultaneously do Freemium, so it's the best of both worlds for them, and the worst for the buyer. It's been that complaint since Day 1, and it's an incredibly lovely thing to do.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So is akuma broken or garbage?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

His normals feel stubby even by SFV standards so probably garbage

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is game good yet

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
does one of akumas ex dps end up landing behind you if you block it?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The pay from missions is garbage.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
5k is alright if you've burned through everything else and are goddamned determined to never spend another cent on the game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah it now takes probably a couple of months of playing a decent amount and doing the missions to be able to unlock a character. You can hate the business model and that is all well and good but it is a lot different than it was a few months back when buying characters with FM was almost literally impossible without botting the queue.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Uh, the core complaint is still they decided to charge for a full price game AND simultaneously do Freemium, so it's the best of both worlds for them, and the worst for the buyer. It's been that complaint since Day 1, and it's an incredibly lovely thing to do.

Fallout 4, Bioshock, BF1, really a long list of games that do this same poo poo. Yeah it's lovely, but why wouldn't Capcom do it when the business model has been so successful for other games?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
None of those games were released with like 1/4th the functionality of the last iteration of the series much less other games in their genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Kwilty posted:

Fallout 4, Bioshock, BF1, really a long list of games that do this same poo poo. Yeah it's lovely, but why wouldn't Capcom do it when the business model has been so successful for other games?

DLC is not a new thing, it's the percentage of game 'included' vs the percentage in the DLC. As others have noted, base SFV was/is very lightweight, in terms of how much more of the game was DLC, when taken in comparison to it's competitors both externally (GG, MKX, Tekken) as well as it's predecessors from Capcom themselves.