Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

im manspreading right now but i'm just in a chair at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
:goatsecx:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

CrumFUNist! posted:

I'm pretty sure this was from Conan like 10-15 years ago. Too bad NBC owns that skit and he can't do it anymore.

What was it called?

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What was it called?

Actual Items. It was a parody of Leno's Headlines where the "errors" are made up by the writers and are usually insulting the product in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV18gkV0HbQ

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Me too.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"Mansplaining" is pretty much unsalvageable as a term at this point, probably better to just say "being patronizing" "assuming I don't know anything"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gendering terms and insults is OK if you punch up. remember this

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CrumFUNist! posted:

Actual Items. It was a parody of Leno's Headlines where the "errors" are made up by the writers and are usually insulting the product in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV18gkV0HbQ

That's pretty good.

Peanut President has issued a correction as of 12:46 on Dec 22, 2016

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

gendering terms and insults is OK if you punch up. remember this
brb, gonna go call my boss a oval office because she's a business owner

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

How does that work? Go up on the sidewalk? Stick out into the lane?

I'll field this once, I do this all the time. Time for some <PARKING THEORY>

You're parallel parking and there is a spot between two cars. It's large enough that if you pull up super close to the car in front of you, someone could park behind you.

Or, you could leave yourself space in front of your front bumper, but then the next person looking to park will not be able to park behind you.

It's better for you to leave yourself room for a variety of reasons, but you inconvenience the person who has to keep looking for parking.

I don't think they can actually justify being mad at you tho because they don't know that your car was the last one parked. Unless they saw you do it, in which case I hope you made eye contact n laughed

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Parkspreading

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot to mention, how much of a dick you are for parkspreading depends on the total length of parking space available when you get there and start parking. If it's close to 2.2 car lengths, no big deal, if it's close to 2.9 ur a bad person and should feel bad

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I am done parksplaining. </THREAD>

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Also people who have loud phone conversations on the train. Shut th gently caress up as hole i dont wahlnt to hear your bullshit

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Or in public at all really, in person conversations too. All private conversation held in public should be down in a whisper

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Maybe I'm just old fashioned

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Also people who have loud phone conversations on the train. Shut th gently caress up as hole i dont wahlnt to hear your bullshit

thats what the quiet car is for

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Jeb! Repetition posted:

"Mansplaining" is pretty much unsalvageable as a term at this point, probably better to just say "being patronizing" "assuming I don't know anything"
Isn't "patronizing" the exact right word to use, even down to the gendered prefix?

Death to all millennials (especially me)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Soiled Meat

Best Giraffe posted:

Isn't "patronizing" the exact right word to use, even down to the gendered prefix?

Death to all millennials (especially me)

Stop mansplaining your big words to me

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
late on the manspreading chat but the nypd has actually used "manspreading" as yet another reason to harass minorities on the subway

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Best Giraffe posted:

Isn't "patronizing" the exact right word to use, even down to the gendered prefix?)

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a retard posted:

late on the manspreading chat but the nypd has actually used "manspreading" as yet another reason to harass minorities on the subway

nice

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a retard posted:

Peak de Blasio

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if this is about "damsel in distress = sexism" then it's been written many hundreds of times before

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

NO

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

This is "boy this website sure is something awful!!" level of lazy headlining

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

wow :cripes:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

they hit all the high notes too

quote:

Unfortunately, despite Nintendo’s history and reputation, Super Mario Run is not a family-friendly game — or at least not one my wife and I will be letting our 6-year-old daughter play. The game is rife with stale, retrograde gender stereotypes — elements that were perhaps expected in 1985, when the first Super Mario Bros. was released in the United States, but that today are just embarrassing.

By failing to update Super Mario for a contemporary audience, Nintendo is lagging far behind the Walt Disney Co., one of its closest American analogues. Disney’s film “Frozen” subverted and reinvigorated the fairy-tale princess movie; “The Force Awakens” gave us a female Jedi. Super Mario Run doesn’t even try.

he mentions the following other videogames in the article: Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3D World, Firewatch, Inside, That Dragon Cancer, dys4ia, and PaPo&Yo

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AvrilLavigne/status/812087071225606144

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This tweet is everything

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

:geno:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I am not ashamed to say that I like listening to Nickelback. I was listening to Bon Jovi on Pandora and it was playing a Nickelback song and I was thinking "Oh, who's that playing? Oh, it's Nicelback! That's that band the Internet says I should hate. They're pretty good." I figure Zuckerberg probably doesn't even care either way and just wanted to play the "fellow kids" card by using an old joke Internet meme.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth posted:

I am not ashamed to say that I like listening to Nickelback. I was listening to Bon Jovi on Pandora and it was playing a Nickelback song and I was thinking "Oh, who's that playing? Oh, it's Nicelback! That's that band the Internet says I should hate. They're pretty good." I figure Zuckerberg probably doesn't even care either way and just wanted to play the "fellow kids" card by using an old joke Internet meme.

:yikes:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

galenanorth posted:

Very cool story my man.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

galenanorth posted:

And this is how you remind me
this is how you remind me
of how goons really am

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i listen to nickleback in the early 2000's, i don't even like them anymore and not in the ironic way like most nu metal. (my love for nu metal stem from my love of wrestling)

Cyron has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Dec 23, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol no one cares about what music you like

unless it's conspiracy rap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

conspiracy rap