Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Shortest Path posted:

What is this post even supposed to mean

like, walk into any game shop where people play warhammer or whatever and you can see it for yourself. gently caress, go ask the Magic the Gathering thread what the average magic player looks and acts like. Look up crackgate. Nerds are loving horrible people.

and yet you play a game by a company that celebrate being a nerd at their huge con every year. you have a pokemon avatar ffs, YOU ARE A NERD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the real secret to life is knowing that all people are terrible and labels mean nothing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cyron posted:

and yet you play a game by a company that celebrate being a nerd. you have a pokemon avatar ffs, YOU ARE A NERD!

You sound offended

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like was that the point and you were just doing a parody of the Awful Person Offended By Something stereotype?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cyron posted:

and yet you play a game by a company that celebrate being a nerd at their huge con every year. you have a pokemon avatar ffs, YOU ARE A NERD!

Yeah, and I interact with more than enough of them on a daily basis to know beyond any reasonable doubt that a disproportionately large amount of them are lovely, present company probably included.

What, exactly, are you trying to argue with? This whole Tracer thing is a loving case study in weirdos with lovely opinions about sexuality.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Xarbala posted:

You sound offended

Na man. i been to gaming shops, i seen some cool peeps and i seen some creeps, i know some nerds who brought loot boxes over tracers news to reward blizz with money. i know folks who would just go on bitch fest about SJW's, all walks of life man and it a beautiful and scary thing.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 22, 2016

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Yeah, and I interact with more than enough of them on a daily basis to know beyond any reasonable doubt that a disproportionately large amount of them are lovely, present company probably included.

What, exactly, are you trying to argue with? This whole Tracer thing is a loving case study in weirdos with lovely opinions about sexuality.

and you give them money if you think blizzerd hates woman. i mean if i hate someone or something, i don't give them money.

god i hate video games and gamers and their are all monsters *buys video game*

Cyron fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 22, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cyron posted:

and you give them money if you think blizzerd hates woman. i mean if i hate someone or something, i don't give them money.

...are you drunk?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Personal fave blizzard forums thread on tracer: "As A Top 500 Straight Male..."

As a straight male, I didn't even know it was a competition. I'm probably way out of the top 500 already :(

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

...are you drunk?

how am i drunk? how is calling you a moron to giving money to a group you think are evil me being drunk.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cyron posted:

how am i drunk? how is calling you a moron to giving money to a group you think are evil me being drunk.

Because I never did either of those things and you're posting very poorly

The jump from "most nerds are lovely people" to "video games and people who make and play them are evil and I hate them" made me assume alcohol, also the words and letters out of order and such.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Personal fave blizzard forums thread on tracer: "As A Top 500 Straight Male..."

As a straight male, I didn't even know it was a competition. I'm probably way out of the top 500 already :(

i would say i am bronze, but the only person i ever had sex with was a man so i may be in the gay ladder.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm branching out on some new characters I haven't really experimentd with. Lucio is a lot more fun than I thought he'd be, though I'm still not sure how most effectively to use his gun, he seems to benefit from being up close so I can hit an enemy with a full clip fast. I got a 10-kill streak with him though, so I guess I did alright.

I feel like I'm starting to understand how to play Reaper effectively as well, and Junkrat is surprisingly effective at keeping entire defending teams scrambling, he can control a battlefield in ways I'm only just beginning to tap into. In fact, I'd say I got much better at a lot of characters I don't use very much, like Mei and Anna.

Winston still sucks and I hate him.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Because I never did either of those things and you're posting very poorly

why are you posting in the overwatch thread when you don't own overwatch?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cyron posted:

why are you posting in the overwatch thread when you don't own overwatch?

bruh I have like 400 hours on junkrat do you even

Please drink some coffee or water or something

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is everyone's favorite holiday spray i think the reinhardt and pharah fishing sprays are cute and cool

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

bruh I have like 400 hours on junkrat do you even

Please drink some coffee or water or something

junkrat is cool, your cool now.

i can share some stories over some horrible nerds i meet in wow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

my Warcraft guild posted:

what is everyone's favorite holiday spray i think the reinhardt and pharah fishing sprays are cute and cool

I like all the ornament ones :3:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

my Warcraft guild posted:

Most of the trick-or-treat ones are my favorites forever because they're either adorable or otherwise great. Like the Soldier one.

Cyron posted:

junkrat is cool, your cool now.

i can share some stories over some horrible nerds i meet in wow.

Dude... That is something I can totally get behind. You're also cool.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Caeks posted:

Yeah this astonishes me. I would think that gamers tend to be more tech-savy,
you should talk to "tech=savy" people something, lotta engineer types are real shitheads who don't know anything beyond their job but assume they are political/social geniuses

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Most of the trick-or-treat ones are my favorites forever because they're either adorable or otherwise great. Like the Soldier one.

Dude... That is something I can totally get behind. You're also cool.

a few months ago some guy raided with his daughter and son in law as the main tank, he was very creepy southern who make jokes about his daughter tits and talked about his balls a ton with her in the channel. i was going to say he was going to force his grand son to only watch cartoons from the 80's and 90's but the incest is just worse.

anyways he was pro gay so i wouldn't think he would of been too upset about tracer, but he was a trumpet who maybe.

i am now in a cool guild now with Canadians, i notice i always have better gaming times with Canadians or Minnesotans.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

IronicDongz posted:

you should talk to "tech=savy" people something, lotta engineer types are real shitheads who don't know anything beyond their job but assume they are political/social geniuses

tech guys overall seem to be shitheads no matter what side of the aisle they vote for.

automated stores and trucks are the 21st century version of shipping the factory job to china.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 22, 2016

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

I guess it's just my bad assumption that if people are informed, they wouldn't freak the gently caress out at a fictional character being a lesbian.

While I know it's a big deal for the LGBT community to have a character that actually represents them - I can't wrap my head around the backlash against it. Then again, I've also never felt an emotional attachment to any fictional character strong enough to be offended when they did something/were something that I didn't expect them to be, specially in regards to a fictional character's sexuality.

Edit: I already have my CIS white male representation in Soldier:76. Could you imagine the sheer RAGE if he turned out to be gay? Blizzard should release a comic of the origin of Reaper and Soldier 76 once being a couple who had a really, really bad fight.

Cyron posted:

a few months ago some guy raided with his daughter and son in law as the main tank, he was very creepy southern who make jokes about his daughter tits and talked about his balls a ton with her in the channel. i was going to say he was going to force his grand son to only watch cartoons from the 80's and 90's but the incest is just worse.

anyways he was pro gay so i wouldn't think he would of been too upset about tracer, but he was a trumpet who maybe.

i am now in a cool guild now with Canadians, i notice i always have better gaming times with Canadians or Minnesotans.

What the holy gently caress is this I don't even

Edit 2: Cyron's rap-sheet read almost EXACTLY how I imagined it to be.

Caeks fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 22, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjm-wzKDLGI

Play of The Game working as intended as usual.
lmao I thought this was going to be the usual "2 environmental kills at any time > every other play", but it's so so much worse
lol

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

CapnAndy posted:

What's the logic here? They award less XP per match than the 6v6 modes (since they take less time); is the idea that you win enough matches to make up the difference with Match Win bonuses?

Yes. Even with a median WR of 50% this results in a bonus box every 6 games. Not good?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Also you don't have to play mystery heroes or no limits.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I say it a big deal overall since it is the cover character, if it was Mai or Lucio it wouldn't be a big deal since no one knows who the gently caress they are outside of folks who played the game and had very little charater with them, but tracer is a charater that may date back to even when the game was titan and is more of less the face of overwatch. so the LGBT community being happy about this warm my heart. even a friend of mine who is gay was very happy. that bring me more joy then the "top 500 straight male" meltdowns.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 22, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cyron posted:

I say it a big deal overall since it is the cover character, if it was Mai or Lucio it wouldn't be a big deal since no one knows who the gently caress they are outside of folks who played the game and had very little charater with them, but tracer is a charater that may date back to even when the game was titan and is more of less the face of overwatch. so the LGBT community being happy about this warm my heart. even a friend of mine who is gay was very happy. that bring me more joy then the "top 500 straight male" meltdowns.

I agree. Schadenfreude is nice and all but people being genuinely happy is 10/10 good stuff.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

lmao I thought this was going to be the usual "2 environmental kills at any time > every other play", but it's so so much worse

And I have no idea how that happened. Our D.Va was upset about me stealing their highlight of a quad kill for about an hour afterwards.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Did they buff Widowmaker or did some pro do something on Widow recently? I'm noticing them in every other game where I'd never see them before.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

zebbosai used it to great effect with Misfits at dreamhack.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Caeks posted:

Yeah this astonishes me. I would think that gamers tend to be more tech-savy, and as such, would feed themselves naturally all the wealth of information the internet has to offer. I assumed, because of this, that most young gamers would be far more liberal-leaning - at least when it came to social policies and equal rights in particular.

As an older gamer (By older, I mean 32) I just can't wrap my head around it.

It's a double-edged sword. Included in that wealth of information are plenty of anonymous or semi-anonymous communities with no real rules where people can freely violate real-life social and ethical norms like "don't be openly racist" with no consequences whatsoever. Rather than browsing all over the internet gathering information of all kinds, self-identified "gamers" tend to self-segregate and spend most of their time in gaming-related communities, many of which are fairly tolerant of bigoted crap. Also, gamers tend to have a lot of free time to spend on the internet, so they have plenty of time to waste doing stuff like making lovely forum posts or e-stalking people.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
As a spergin completionist who hasn't played since before the Olympic skins, are they and any other themed skins forever lost to me?

EDIT: Radical, thanks.

Konig fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 22, 2016

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Seasonal stuff will be available again next year, though there may be a new batch of seasonal stuff released too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Konig posted:

As a spergin completionist who hasn't played since before the Olympic skins, are they and any other themed skins forever lost to me?

events are yearly, even the olympics one. you can get them again next year, plus you can buy them now so you can save your ingame currency and not deal with the random boxes. they're 3x as expensive as normal items tho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Olympics skins are boring anyways, but I really want the Halloween skins, I missed out on those.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'm 90% sure that most of those stupid b.net forum posts are trolling or trying to be ironic.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dietrich posted:

I'm 90% sure that most of those stupid b.net forum posts are trolling or trying to be ironic.

I have some bad news for you...

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Dietrich posted:

A few of them are definite bait that people are taking as truth.