Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It will all be better once she[19f] moves to tokyo to live with her ex fiance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It will all be better once she[19f] moves to tokyo to live with her ex fiance.

japan loves everything that is going on there, culturally

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

village catamite posted:

Who's ready for a whole load of crazy???

How can I [19F] deal with my insufferable rear end in a top hat of a boyfriend?[28M]

Non-consensual sex? Racial fetishizing? Age disparities? Estranged family? Pregnancy? It's an r/relationships BINGO!

Jesus christ this is a trainwreck. Please abort the baby and the relationship.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

From the description it still does not sound like "two people put in bed, under watch, separated by board". It sounds like "together in bed" (the only part that makes sense) was the common part, the "separated by board" was rare and kooky, and the "under watch" literally never. Also it that it was just as common for travelers renting half beds as prospective couples.

So yeah the description posted here before the links was false or at best a vague half-truth.

The board was more of a Pennsylvania thing, New England mostly used sacks.

How "under watch" they were likely depended heavily on whether the girl's family liked the guy. Not "standing at the end of the bed glaring", but more "check in occasionally and will definitely intervene if they hear sex noises," not too different from parents of teenagers today.

Contemporary criticism of the practice was mostly centered on it being immoral, and there were definitely plenty of cases of men going overboard, as it were.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

village catamite posted:

Non-consensual sex? Racial fetishizing? Age disparities? Estranged family? Pregnancy? It's an r/relationships BINGO!

*Whips sunglassess off face*

Mother of God...

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

MF_James posted:

Jesus christ this is a trainwreck. Please abort the baby and the relationship.

Abort the baby, rekindle relationship with parents, get the degree she wanted, study abroad in Japan, get into drifting, buy an AE86, have the DD/LG relationship she always dreamed of with a half Australian-half Japanese local drift king.

And he can idk move to Korea just in time for best Korea to roll through and take him out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Getting pregnant because you "lost" your birth control pills.

yeah that made me lol

Khorne
May 1, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Getting pregnant because you "lost" your birth control pills.

Jesus wept.
How the gently caress do you lose medication? And if you do lose it, you know you aren't taking your pills so you have to be careful. :psyduck:

That's not even the dumbest poo poo in that post. "My place got broken into so I have to live here" what does that even mean?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Khorne posted:

How the gently caress do you lose medication? And if you do lose it, you know you aren't taking your pills so you have to be careful. :psyduck:

:ssh: Her abusive boyfriend stole it

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pretty sure "lost it" is code for, wanted to get pregnant and now I regret my decision.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Khorne posted:

There's a lot of people that think birth control gradually 'wears off' and don't realize that you need a backup method ASAP if you miss a pill.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

why are two adults showing as a single unit?

also peeing on people in the shower is funny stop being a piss pussy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I [22 F] pulled away from my friend [21 M] of 1.5 years because he turned me down... now my friends are saying I am being a "nice-guy" about it and that I am being selfish. Now I'm confused.

First account--lurked for a long time, but never had a need to post before. I could use some help though--I thought I made the right call ending a friendship over unrequited feelings, but now I've had several trusted friends question my choice and my perception of things, and I'm just lost.

"Matt" [21M] and I [22F] became friends at the start of our Junior year of college (we are half way through senior year right now). He had just transferred in, and I was volunteering with orientation for transferred. Turned out that he was also in one of my classes, and we got talking and hit if off great, and were soon good friends. We have the same major (though different sub-concentrations) and have had at least one class together for the last three semesters, and we always sat together in class, would grab coffee before/after, and usually met for drinks or for studying 3-4 times a week. Basically we saw each other almost every day. We would also go out to dinner fairly regularly (usually with a small group of friends, but one-on-one as well).

This summer we both were staying in our college's city for internships, and as my apartment was closer to his job then his was he would crash on my couch a few nights a week, and eventually he just left a backpack of his stuff at my apartment. We also went on a few day trips to beaches nearby (usually with others, but once just the two of us).

Before anyone asks, no we never slept together. We both dated around, but weren't in relationships for more then a month or two with other people. For the longest time we were just really good platonic friends.

However, I always was aware that Matt is attractive, and about 9 months ago I realized I was developing perhaps a bit more then a crush on him. But at the time he was in a fling with another girl, and then when that ended I had time to realize that if he had been interested in more he could have made a move a long time ago, so I put it out of my mind.

While we always did joke about sex (lots of "that's what she said" type jokes) starting the end of this summer I felt like the sex-talk changed. We started talking about sexual experiences and fantasies, and even began making joke-comments directed at each other. He also got really weirdly jealous on two different occasions this fall--once at a start of the year party, when I was flirting with a cute guy and Matt suddenly was stuck to my side/interjecting himself into the conversation, and another time when I went on a few dates with a guy and Matt seemed overly interested in how the dates went, almost quizzing me. He also started complementing me a lot, and when we would go out partying would usually end up cuddling against my side.

So, I figured he was starting to like me, right? The crush was still there, and as there seemed to be interest I straight up asked him out one evening. Said that I liked him as friend, but also as more then a friend, and if he was interested I'd be up for exploring the more-then-friend bit. He seemed a bit surprised, but turned me down (nicely). This was in late September. Afterwards I went back to treating him like a friend, and started pulling back on some of the more sexual, flirty stuff. But if anything Matt seemed to ramp it up a bit. This was the period where the weird over-inquisitive-questioning about the guy I was briefly dating happened.

Finally, after a lot of thinking about it and talking it over with my sister, I decided that I needed to back off on the friendship. I still liked him a LOT, and the flirting hadn't stopped (not just his fault--I would flirt back). It didn't seem healthy. But, due to how close our friendship was I thought I owed it to him to let him know why. So before we left for break I pulled him aside, and let him know that I still had feelings for him and because of that I would need to town down the friendship for a bit.

Since then, though, I've had three different people tell me to my face that I am doing the same thing to him that "nice guys" do to girls all the time--become close friends just to hookup, and then get mad when sex doesn't happen. I don't feel like this is what happened. We were friends first, and I feel like he was flirting (though maybe I am wrong?). Who knows why he didn't want to date me, that is completely his choice and I get that... but isn't it also my choice to pull away from a close friendship that for me has crossed a line? I read on here all the time about friendships that are too intimate and bother a partner, and when I was talking to my sister she pointed out that another guy might have a problem with a male friend who I ate dinner with and who crashed in my apartment all the time and stuff. To be completely fair, I did tell her all about my feelings for Matt, so idk if she was really impartial.

I guess I was so confidant at first in my choice, but now I'm second guessing myself. Did I "nice-guy" him? I mean, two of my friends were arguing with me that I was over reading it and friendships like that are normal for students. It didn't feel normal though. Guys, do you have female friends you act like that with? I mean, I have talked about sex and sexual fantasies with my female friends, so maybe that is where they are coming from. But this just felt more intimate?

tl;dr: Was really close friends with a dude for over a year. Liked him. Thought he was flirting. Asked him out and was turned down. Stayed friends for a bit, felt the flirting continued, as did my feelings. Ended the friendship... now am being told I "nice-guy"ed him. Did I?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That one is kinda sweet.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Aw, poor girl. That's tough but she made the right decision to protect her feelings, and probably his too. That's not "nice guy" behaviour at all, she's not angry at him or acting entitled to him, she's just a bit sad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, sometimes you need distance so you can get yourself together and emotionally move on. It doesn't sound like they started hanging out for any possibility of sex. It's only "nice guy" behavior if that was always the sole goal; it isn't wrong of men or women to need some alone time to deal with disappointment and hurt feelings.

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
One time I peed on my Gf in the shower just to see how she'd react, anyway she just laughed, lifted up her leg like a dog and peed right back on me.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

He Who Smelt It posted:

One time I peed on my Gf in the shower just to see how she'd react, anyway she just laughed, lifted up her leg like a dog and peed right back on me.

the gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We live in an era of decadence and depravity.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Each day we stray further from God

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

He Who Smelt It posted:

That's hot

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
are you sure your gf doesnt have a watersports kink?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

please knock Mom! posted:

If God didn't want peeing, He wouldn't have given us showers.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

funny how often this kind of situation comes up

quote:

HELP!!!! I [57M] slept with an employee [20sF] over 3 years ago -- my son [27M] just brought her home and introduced her to me as a girl he's dating

I am an upper-level executive at a moderately sized firm. I slept with a staff member about 3 years ago, and we had a brief fling (sex only, no strings attached) and ended it rather amicably when she moved on to a different job. I hadn't heard from her or anything and we didn't keep in contact at all.
In the past few weeks my son has been mentioning a girl he's been dating. I thought nothing of it and didn't think of it seriously but he mentioned he was going to bring her over just to say hi before they went out. Well he brought her over last weekend and GUESS WHO SHE IS??? My fling from work...

I just pretended like I was meeting her for the first time but honestly I was shell shocked. I couldn't tell if she was alarmed or surprised but I'm just wondering... we have a very common last name (think generic, like "Smith") but if they've been dating for a little while wouldn't he know about her previous work history? Wouldn't she have told him about knowing me? I'm just so bewildered and confused and wondering if she didn't take it as well as I'd thought and this is her way of getting back at me? We don't look alike but there are some vague similarities, also I'm 5'9 and my son is about 6'4. So maybe she didn't know? I find that hard to believe though. I don't think I could tell my son because i think it will creep him out but do I allow this to just happen?

TL:DR; my son brought home a girl who I slept with and I don't know how this happened

quote:

GF breaking up with me due to her history with my cousin
Hi Reddit. New throwaway account as I'm a long time reader, first time poster and I could really use some advice. Sorry in advance for the long post.
I (27m) have been with my gf (Kate, 25f) for about five months. The relationship has been awesome, we've met each other's parents and friends, starting making plans for a vacation in March, etc. No problems til now.

Everything started this weekend when my family had a Christmas party at my nana's house. I brought Kate with me, we arrived mid afternoon, she made a great impression right away, got along with everyone and seemed really comfortable. That is until my cousin, Jeff (25m) walked in with his girlfriend (22f). Right away, as soon as Jeff walked in, Kate went silent and had a scared look on her face, and once he noticed her I swear Jeff went completely pale. Kate recovered quicker and said hi and mentioned that she and Jeff actually knew each other from university. After that, Kate was off the rest of the night and eventually quietly texted me around 9:30 to ask if we could leave.

In the car, Kate was all quiet and when I asked her what was wrong I saw she was crying. She unloaded the whole story on me: basicallyfor 2 years in university Kate and Jeff been on and off in her words "not always dating but more than FWB". They eventually stopped talking in 2012. Kate found out she was pregnant (it was Jeff's) and was scared, told Jeff who told her to figure it out and leave him alone as he wanted to focus on a new relationship (he ended up dating that girl Anna for about 1.5 years and I actually met her once).

From there, Kate said she'd decided to get an abortion and told a few of her friends, who were all unsupportive and told her she should keep the baby. She ended up going to her mom who supported her either way. 9 weeks in Kate had a miscarriage and ended up in the hospital over Christmas of that year due to complications. While she was telling me this, Kate was crying and said it was the worst time of her life. She told me that she ended up hearing from Jeff again in late 2014 through facebook, basically asking her if she'd had the baby and asking her if she wanted to hang out again if she hadn't. She said she was so mad that she has him blocked to this day, and seeing him at dinner was the first time she'd seen him since she'd told him she was pregnant.

Sorry that this is getting so long, but now to the present. Kate called me yesterday and asked me to meet for coffee this morning and basically ended things. She told me she couldn't face seeing Jeff at all my family events and didn't want to reopen such a bad time in her life. I offered to spend holidays with her & her family instead from now on. Jeff and I aren't close and I have no problem stopping all contact with him as well. Kate says she can't do that to me, and would hate to cause problems between myself and my extended family. We've sort of left everything unresolved right now and Kate said she'd call me in a few days when we've had time to think, but I'm worried.

Reddit, what do I do here? I understand Kate's conflicted but I really don't want to lose the best relationship I've ever had.

TL;DR: girlfriend wants to end our relationship based on her history with my cousin.

also this one is just funny

quote:

My [16M] girlfriend [16F] punched a hole in the wall because a girl [16M] from our high school announced she was dating her best friend [16M] and it got 500 likes on facebook.

Look this is probably the single most stupid thing you will ready today. I'm trying to figure this one out myself, but this is so far gone man.

So there's this girl Kelsey who has been best friends with Jason since they were 2 years old. They went to Elementry school together, middle school and high school. They even plan to go to the same college in our home town. They've been friends basically they're entire life. They're both attractive people, they're both semi popular- full blown popular around high school. I've spoken Jason and he's a nice guy. Technically yesterday on facebook they is the whole Blank is now in a relationship with Blank thing. It got over 500 likes on facebook with people saying it's about drat time.

My girlfriend got angry and punched a wall because we did not get the same number as likes. What to do

TL;DR: Girlfriend has gone insane and could use some help.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

This is why you shouldn't have sex before or during marriage

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

subhuman filth posted:

This is why you shouldn't have sex before or during marriage

Complete and total abstinence is the only way to be sure. Texas has the right idea.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My favorite touch in Miss DD/LG's story is that the guy has slept with so many of the people in his SCA group that she isn't comfortable hanging out with them. It's consistent with my observations of that subculture.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Gluten Freeman posted:

quote:

GF breaking up with me due to her history with my cousin
She told me that she ended up hearing from Jeff again in late 2014 through facebook, basically asking her if she'd had the baby and asking her if she wanted to hang out again if she hadn't.

Bad luck for this guy, I think his (now ex) girlfriend is handling this in the best way she could and he'll just have to accept that sometimes things just don't work out for reasons beyond your control. I just quoted this because I wanted to say wow the balls on this guy, "Hey, did you end up having my kid? If not, want to hang out?"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Carrion Luggage posted:

why are two adults showing as a single unit?

also peeing on people in the shower is funny stop being a piss pussy

Nah man, if someone kept pissing on me without my consent I'm with Pick here: I'm grabbing that dick and twisting.

Much like poor sweet 19F with the lunatic boyfriend should do until the loving thing comes off, Jesus.

Edit: that poor, sweet girl just wants to be Emilie Autumn and that rear end in a top hat dropped an anchor baby for the relationship in her. Yeah 'lost' those pills, I'm sure, definitely NOT your creepy rear end boyfriend trying to destroy your life.

Tiny Deer fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 22, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

shower pisser reminds me of the great E/N saga of Piss Chug Girl, the Urine Balrog

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

shower pisser reminds me of the great E/N saga of Piss Chug Girl, the Urine Balrog

I... I don't think I remember that one :ohdear:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just read through almost the whole thread, this is like some kind of Jerry Springer poo poo on crack, you can't stop at only one trainwreck :allears:

However I noticed that recently some titles are phrased like "Me [30f] with my partner [30m], he farts on me all the time". What's up with that, is this a new rule they have? It seems like very awkward phrasing and more often than not, makes it more difficult to understand than something like "My [19f] husband [34m] farts on me constantly".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I asked the same question a while back, :iiam:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how the h does someone in high school have enough fbook friends to get 500 likes.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It's worded like that in their "new post" template:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They add literally everyone they've ever met and a few hundred people they haven't. Even years ago (2012 ish) I knew people with 500+ friends. It's not a number that goes down over the years.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Gluten Freeman posted:

funny how often this kind of situation comes up

also this one is just funny

I was hoping the wall punch got 500 likes :(

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

the race fetish pregnant girl should suggest they open up the relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

well why not posted:

They add literally everyone they've ever met and a few hundred people they haven't. Even years ago (2012 ish) I knew people with 500+ friends. It's not a number that goes down over the years.

This exactly, it's a status thing to have as many people as possible whether you know them or not