Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Hell, maybe the ACOG optics are actual product placements. Seeing as they've not touched them at all that appears to be the case. Also, mounted a bit far down that rail ain't it? See, the biggest issue with just using current tech is that gun nerds will go on about it.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Steyr Aug is a useless piece of expensive outdated poo poo but gently caress you if you don't think Arnold rocks the hell out of it in Running Man.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I've always wanted Aliens space marine vs aliens, why cant they make that movie?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It was called Aliens.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dan Didio posted:

It was called Aliens.

I want more! We will see a space prison spinoff before we see it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You can play the video games

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Baronjutter posted:

The first one looks like a perfect CG render while the 2nd one looks like an actual physical place.

That was a problem with Prometheus as well, the engineer environments were far too clean and plastic-looking, giving everything a fake movie set appearance compared to the original Alien that looked much more real and genuine.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Doesn't the usual disclaimer about promos using unfinished effects apply?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

The Steyr Aug is a useless piece of expensive outdated poo poo but gently caress you if you don't think Arnold rocks the hell out of it in Running Man.

Also Karl from Die Hard was rocking it in a very badass fashion.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
They need to slather KY jelly all over everything to make it look right.

I actually had a dream that I was in Alien Covenant last night, and I remember complaining (as we were all massacred in a phantasmagoria of ruptured flesh, oozing fluids, and violations of the body) that the script had dropped all of the interesting ideas from Prometheus.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

General Battuta posted:

They need to slather KY jelly all over everything to make it look right.

I actually had a dream that I was in Alien Covenant last night, and I remember complaining (as we were all massacred in a phantasmagoria of ruptured flesh, oozing fluids, and violations of the body) that the script had dropped all of the interesting ideas from Prometheus.

This is the most CineD post I've ever seen. They should have sent a Marxist.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Another new image. Don't know why they don't just release a trailer at this point

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Shageletic posted:

This is the most CineD post I've ever seen. They should have sent a Marxist.

*rubs nose ideologically*

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

If I ever find myself on a spaceship I'm requesting the room furthest from the med lab. Nothing good ever happens in the ship's med lab.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CineD posters discuss movies 4th dimensionally like the aliens in Arrival.

"Are you starting to dream in their language?"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

Another new image. Don't know why they don't just release a trailer at this point

wuffles posted:

If I ever find myself on a spaceship I'm requesting the room furthest from the med lab. Nothing good ever happens in the ship's med lab.

That shot and that quote remind me of Medical in Alien: Isolation.

Triggered.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So this kind of reminds me of the David 8 "promo" for Prometheus where they show the android jostling in the storage bag. Like maybe this is how a bunch of androids are stored?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wuffles posted:

Que the ironic death where you die of blood loss because it takes too long to move you to medical.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
Maybe they're just releasing the entire trailer one frame at a time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MrMojok posted:

That shot and that quote remind me of Medical in Alien: Isolation.

Triggered.

I will forever remember medical being filled with monkeys that are attacking me.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

no visible alien...no vents to scurry into....oh god its a jump scare scene!!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

I will forever remember medical being filled with monkeys that are attacking me.

psychic monkeys

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
are we gonna get the trailer tomorrow or what? gently caress.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

At this point the trailer for this movie will be in front of the actual movie itself

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd honestly rather have no trailer than one edited by the marketing department to either ruin or totally misrepresent the movie.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The movie is going to end like 2001: A Space Odyssey, isn't it?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Space Jam posted:

The movie is going to end like 2001: A Space Odyssey, isn't it?

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/812659121811902464

Looks like we get the trailer tomorrow.

Gonna have to turn the sound down on that one at grandma's house...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
After how much the Prometheus trailer misled I don't know how to think about this upcoming trailer.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It sounds more like Predator to me

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Trailer's gone up it seems, and it looks like all the leaked rumors were true regarding the spores and backburster etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0VW6sg50Pk

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 25, 2016

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't get it. I thought this was going to be about Robot man and Cheekbone Woman? It's not a sequel to Prometheus?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
That looks really good.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The trailer makes it look like what most people seem to have wished Prometheus was.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

UmOk posted:

I don't get it. I thought this was going to be about Robot man and Cheekbone Woman? It's not a sequel to Prometheus?

Apparently that crashed juggernaut they find is the one Shaw and David were on, and David is the only survivor on the planet after killing Shaw and all the engineers or something. Fassbender also plays another android called Walter that David fucks with and creates the xenomorph by merging android DNA with protomorph DNA or something. Probably black goo again, which is now airborne as well.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

See! That's why they should have kept their helmets on in Prometheus! Something like this could have happened!

/nerd

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the spores are from the unused Alien 3 script.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

So the spores are from the unused Alien 3 script.

Hopefully the third in this trilogy will have a wood planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!
I really, really, really, really want to like this trailer, but, I dunno. It feels disjointed and not very scary :(