Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Essence Drain is very good because it lets you clear white T1 maps at close to the same speed as an 8 mod corrupted T15. It gives zero fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ED/Contagion was good but insufficiently explodey (pyre vortex) or choppy (hands ST) for my tastes

I know I know, ~aesthetic~ in an ARPG, but damnit it's important to me. 's why I was always trying to shoehorn Archon into wizard builds in D3.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ThePotatoMasher posted:

is that your ingame name?

TheFinalPam. But I'll be going on vacation tomorrow and will gone for a few days.

Just hit 69 on my second poison animator. Still need to get to act 4, switch over to ES gear for EB, and get a few more levels before I switch over to animate weapon as non maps just do not have enough white drops.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Need some help/advice as to why my character has become super squishy. ( I know I need more life, and to grab the little tiny bit of fire resist to get cap.)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

I just swapped over from the onslaught part of my ascendancy to the part that does frenzy stuff, and removed my pacifism jewels. (going from 0 to 7 max, now I no longer permaphase.)
Now that I have made the swap, I am constantly dying. Only changes I made to my passive tree were the removal of a couple jewels and some points I had in the shadow start line so I could grab the frenzy stuff.

I have no idea what I hosed up, but even at full frenzy charges I can't stay alive long, even in tier 12 maps.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
114% max life from the tree and Ming's Heart knocking off 15% of that is pretty drat low, even with decent life rolls on the rest of your gear. If my math's right, you're at 3072 life. Even just swapping out Ming's for a ring that gives you 50 health would be a net increase of 400 life, but that is certainly a DPS hit.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

whypick1 posted:

114% max life from the tree and Ming's Heart knocking off 15% of that is pretty drat low, even with decent life rolls on the rest of your gear. If my math's right, you're at 3072 life. Even just swapping out Ming's for a ring that gives you 50 health would be a net increase of 400 life, but that is certainly a DPS hit.

I'm at 3400. I know that is too low ( that's what I'll be sinking points into from now on.) and I'd hate to ditch Ming's since that is a huge part of my DPS and where most of my chaos resist comes from.

I just can't figure out why my changes completely hosed my survival. Health is the same as before the swaps, but I've gone from losing health and being able to manage under stress, to getting constantly swatted before I can react.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I really only play hardcore and I never really play evasion characters but I made this tree that will give you a ton more life mostly at the cost of evasion.

Regardless of that you need to drop a point in anything (frenzy charge duration probably) and take Nullification.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
"Allies Cannot Die can no longer spawn on Breach Commanders."

Well, that only took 3 weeks.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
This is the first time in my life that I've had an endgame-capable build so I'm trying to figure out: how do you farm the big bucks in the endgame? Get really good at 4-key and 5-key Uber Izaros? Farm Guardians and Shaper? It's finally time to stop doing the chaos recipe and start making GBS threads out big ticket items. Somehow. Please advise

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I'm also trying to figure out my next build, which I want to be melee facetank capable. Should I go with: HOWA Raider, Cospri's Will Poison/Bleed Raider+Cyclone, or Scorching Ray CwC Whispering Ice Elementalist?

e: I guess I want a meleeish CI build that will take me further and maybe easier than KOTF

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 23, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

I slammed a delirium down fully expecting it to be a complete waste of 50c (purchased from my good chum Funman). I succeeded in making a new sword for my viper striker :getin:

Funnily enough I did it on a Dragoon Sword because I thought the chance of getting malicious (the chaos damage roll) was too low. A jewelled foil with the same mods would be a bit better for VS.
Gonna throw an exalt on it before the league is over, but until then I have lot of other equipment that desperately needs upgrading. My previous sword was a jewelled foil worth over an ex (305 pdps, 1.9 aps) I crafted in 15c worth of orbs, so I'm just on a loving roll.

I'm curious, how do you make Viper Strike work for clearing maps? Melee splash will double dip the less mod making the poison do basically no AoE damage.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

poeurl.com/LRu My King of the Forest (Eitriarn) is really struggling to break 6k hp? I have 4 +max life jewels and pretty good hp on everything. I guess I need to replace some of my jewelry... any advice?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jinnigan posted:

poeurl.com/LRu My King of the Forest (Eitriarn) is really struggling to break 6k hp? I have 4 +max life jewels and pretty good hp on everything. I guess I need to replace some of my jewelry... any advice?

Honestly that sounds like a lot of like for any build living on the right side of the tree. Hell I was doing Uber atziri a few leagues ago with a very similar build, only I had 4200 life.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Cool. I guess I could find a better boot for not too expensive, and then my next big upgrade is gonna be a 6l for my barrage.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

Eldritch Battery states: :words:

Thanks for the reply!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I keep dying as ED Occultist and its frustrating because I know the build is good but I am too poo poo at playing it apparently.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Wezlar posted:

I really only play hardcore and I never really play evasion characters but I made this tree that will give you a ton more life mostly at the cost of evasion.

Regardless of that you need to drop a point in anything (frenzy charge duration probably) and take Nullification.

I was able to mix a couple things around to grab nullification, but I can't use your tree since I need the evasion for both defense and offense. I also have to keep the point I have in the duelist leech cluster, since without mana leech, I can't do much of anything.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So I'm starting to run into issues with my current archer dude. My life and resistances situation is a bit dire with 3.7k life and 66/44/51 resistances.

This is my dude https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ModusOperandi/characters I know what needs to be done, but does anyone have any idea how much it's going to run me trying to make up my resistances(and more life) pretty much purely via my jewelry and boots? I'll probably go back to my rare 5link chest so I can run at capped resists until I sort it out. And I should probably run a starkonja's instead of a rat's nest for more life. DPS is strong and frankly for the most parts maps aren't an issue except for when I pop a breach.

Should I also ditch the maligaro's for a well rolled rare instead? It's going to be a dps loss for sure but drat I could use a lot more life. The build I'm using made note of the fact that it's a fair bit of a glass cannon(those are all the items it recommended that I'm rocking) and to play accordingly but it is way more squishy than I'm liking. I definitely let my gear fall way behind as it is basically the same gear I've been using since maybe... level 50(except switching in the kintsugi) thanks to the ridiculous damage and clearspeed of the build.

edit: I could also roll a queen of the forest instead of the kintsugi since I am not nearly reactive enough to only take one hit before getting far away and the qotf gives more evasion even after factoring in the 50% increase after being hit. Also qotf comes with more resists making it much easier to cap them out.

double edit: I also need a whackload more leech.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 23, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

So I'm starting to run into issues with my current archer dude. My life and resistances situation is a bit dire with 3.7k life and 66/44/51 resistances.

This is my dude https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ModusOperandi/characters I know what needs to be done, but does anyone have any idea how much it's going to run me trying to make up my resistances(and more life) pretty much purely via my jewelry and boots? I'll probably go back to my rare 5link chest so I can run at capped resists until I sort it out. And I should probably run a starkonja's instead of a rat's nest for more life. DPS is strong and frankly for the most parts maps aren't an issue except for when I pop a breach.

Should I also ditch the maligaro's for a well rolled rare instead? It's going to be a dps loss for sure but drat I could use a lot more life. The build I'm using made note of the fact that it's a fair bit of a glass cannon(those are all the items it recommended that I'm rocking) and to play accordingly but it is way more squishy than I'm liking. I definitely let my gear fall way behind as it is basically the same gear I've been using since maybe... level 50(except switching in the kintsugi) thanks to the ridiculous damage and clearspeed of the build.

edit: I could also roll a queen of the forest instead of the kintsugi since I am not nearly reactive enough to only take one hit before getting far away and the qotf gives more evasion even after factoring in the 50% increase after being hit. Also qotf comes with more resists making it much easier to cap them out.

6L (4G1B1R) corrupted rare with 70+ life for 30c, rings for 5c (or alternatively get rid of the helm and gloves and get replacements for 3c each)

also get a decoy totem to get your merc points, those investments into frenzy charges aren't paying off right now

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 23, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

RosaParksOfDip posted:

This looks like an LNB build. I am not a fan.

3 points to get essence sap, while spending nothing in vitality void / spirit void despite being a doomfletcher. 4 points to get revenge of the hunted, while leaving 3 jewels only 2 points away each. Oh and the 10% proj 4% as node behind the 16% proj at the ranger start is way better value than the first (which isn't bad).

I went and checked LNB's build. He does actually fix some of the bigger problems with the tree in the final layout; but Doomfletch raider is going to have some issue with penetration and I wouldn't really recommend it. I made a pure lightning raider work because I could pick up the lightning penetration gem, as well as 14% on the tree, though it was still as squishy. I gave up both Rat's Nest for Starkonja's and Maligaro's for rare gloves with ele weakness on hit corruption.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 23, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You're right about it being an LNB build. The essence sap is supposed to be temporary and is to be specced out in favour of a couple nodes near vitality void/spirit void to save a point. Essence sap was primarily there for leveling for the mana on hit as well as leech in case damage wasn't high enough to sustain purely off leech(tshot is an expensive skill to cast). The finished tree is supposed to look like this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...MLstMUqW4JeUuw=

I'll definitely test run speccing out of essence sap and maybe see if I can't get some +life jewels to ditch revenge of the hunted. I'm a little leery of ditching defensive nodes without having viable replacements but I guess 34% evasion, 12% life and 12% damage for 4 points isn't massive. Gear-wise I guess I'll try and pick up a 6L and upgrade the jewelry. Don't know if I want to swap the hat and gloves but maybe the hat for a starkonja's for the life. A rare might be too much of a dps loss. Or keep the hat(for that sweet, sweet movement speed) and swap the gloves since I can get some decent damage rolls alongside resists/life on a rare.

edit: I'm noticing most of the 6links in the 30c(give or take a dozen) range with 70+life and the colours I'd need are horrible evasion values. Is losing that much evasion feasible? My current chest gives me 1k whereas the best ones in the 30c range would be about 400 eva. And this is looking at not online only.

Would I be better off buying a white 6link and trying to craft some life and resistances on it? If so what's a good evasion base for crafting on?

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 23, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I was editing my reply when you posted (that took longer than I thought).

A single 2 mana on hit jewel, with other decent stats is going to be better for you in the long run. The hybrid leech point in duelist should do the rest.

Seeing as you're pathing close by revenge of the hunted, it's not the worst sin to keep it - but in general they are not good nodes and spending just a single travel point makes the value go way down.

The biggest loss from giving up Rat's in favor of Starkonja is going to be movement speed. I wouldn't tell someone they should give it up, but I did it myself, just like I gave up Devoto's on my current character. Life builds have it hard at the moment and breaches are not nice to squishy evasion builds.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

This is the first time in my life that I've had an endgame-capable build so I'm trying to figure out: how do you farm the big bucks in the endgame? Get really good at 4-key and 5-key Uber Izaros? Farm Guardians and Shaper? It's finally time to stop doing the chaos recipe and start making GBS threads out big ticket items. Somehow. Please advise

Uber Izaro is good money if you can do it fast. Same with shaper, more so if you can carry then you can charge 50c-1ex for shaper runs where the person provides the map and you run it. I've also heard you(the person doing the carry) can keep the loot as well but I'd say gently caress that. And if those are too hard just spam run maps and sell the currency you get and any big ticket items. I have probably made more selling jewelers and fusings then anything else. I'll also get unique maps and other unique 10-20c items here and there which helps.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

If you need to get your Path of Exile fix while steam is down, download the PoE exe file here: http://patchcdn.pathofexile.com/2.5.1.1/PathOfExile.exe. Place it in your steam PoE directory (steamapps/common/poe) and run it.

It's probably a problem if you only have a steam account and never made a standalone account but otherwise it should be good to go

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Is there anyway to transfer my steam account to a standalone account?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Not with Steam down.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
But if steam was up, then yes?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Yeah, you would be able to. I made my path of exile account way back in the day and when I installed it over Steam I just logged into that account through steam, so now I use the same for both. I'm sure it'd be possible to link the two in the other direction - you just might need to speak to customer service directly.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Yeah you can just email customer service and they'll ask you what email you want to tie to the account. They'll probably be quite quick with that one since it's an easy request.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Turns out you can in fact block Xoph's blade vortex.

My max block surrender character appreciates the permanent max hp state Xoph puts me in for 60% of the fight.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

I was editing my reply when you posted (that took longer than I thought).

A single 2 mana on hit jewel, with other decent stats is going to be better for you in the long run. The hybrid leech point in duelist should do the rest.

Seeing as you're pathing close by revenge of the hunted, it's not the worst sin to keep it - but in general they are not good nodes and spending just a single travel point makes the value go way down.

The biggest loss from giving up Rat's in favor of Starkonja is going to be movement speed. I wouldn't tell someone they should give it up, but I did it myself, just like I gave up Devoto's on my current character. Life builds have it hard at the moment and breaches are not nice to squishy evasion builds.

Swapped in a starkonja and grabbed myself a 6link. Picked up a couple gem jewel nodes with some placeholder jewels and got my life up to almost 4.4k. Not finding anything particularly great for jewelry right now so I'm going to try during the day tomorrow and I've got space to craft on my chest to help patch up a resist. To keep prices down i might dump maligaros and then stop running grace in favour of hatred again. Although grace does pump my evasion chance from 44 to 55%... Once I get my resists patched up I'm going to make another attempt at merc lab. I almost beat it in the late 60s before but got careless and one hit at phase 3 izaro. Will definitely run a decoy and pick up Avatar of the Slaughter.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Budgie posted:

Yeah you can just email customer service and they'll ask you what email you want to tie to the account. They'll probably be quite quick with that one since it's an easy request.

I think you can just do it on the Path website yourself (when the Steam API is up).

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I am pissed. I had an animate guardian up with bringer of rain, dying breath, Zanhdethus' Cassock, southbound, kaoms roots...fucker still died super fast in merciless. I was just in kaom's dream doing questing..slowly he died..i use bone offering and convocation on cooldown..still died. With all that defensive gear too. Ugh. I might just not use the skill. Anyone got tips to keeping it alive?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zaekkor posted:

I am pissed. I had an animate guardian up with bringer of rain, dying breath, Zanhdethus' Cassock, southbound, kaoms roots...fucker still died super fast in merciless. I was just in kaom's dream doing questing..slowly he died..i use bone offering and convocation on cooldown..still died. With all that defensive gear too. Ugh. I might just not use the skill. Anyone got tips to keeping it alive?

link him to minion resist and fortify?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kild posted:

link him to minion resist and fortify?

My build doesn't have enough gem slots for that. Can't link it to anything. :(

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Sounds like it only had 40% fire res in a fire heavy zone.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Would I be able to sell this or would I need a lucky regal before it had value?

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Two pale councils and one atziri later, I've got two middling reach of the councils and one near perfect doryani's catalyst on hc prophecy. I don't even know what to do at this point, except maybe stop clicking goblins and go to Vegas.

I'm leaning toward doing something with the doryani's but can't decide what. It really screams elemental hybrid, which makes me want to do some kind of inquisitor, but the hell of the item is that it's good for almost anything.

edit: also somebody asked like a week ago while I was on vacation about the cwc wither/firestorm guy I'm playing and it's probably way too late to matter but it's SmallSexualNorton under here

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 25, 2016

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

FillInTheBlank posted:

It's pretty easy to roll one top IPD mod, it's getting both that is tricky. Also, that is a bad dagger base for crit since it only has 40% implicit. It could potentially roll into something decent, but it's always going to be 40% worse than a golden/platinum kris (builds usually use daggers for the implicit crit mods). You would need an obscenely lucky regal to make that worth anything (like T1/T2 flat phys roll). Arguably it'd be in a better state if it didn't have the low tier crit mod rolled on it, but even then I'd probably call it fairly worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

FillInTheBlank posted:

http://poe.trade/search/enasemohonasek

you know it is trivial to search for this kinda thing

• Locked thread