Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

are the triple machinegun/minigun/minigun with lasers hell yeah 55 engery max ever useful w/o like the bonus ammo on kills and strong back skills they burn thru ammo so fast whY did my last run only give me miniguns and energy miniguns and that terrible lightning pistol fuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually love projectiles that home in on people but in this game if a bullet curves away from where you aimed it it's infuriating

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

NT, shotty 2 hotty

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I keep dying by cars blowing up next to me :argh:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

that happened to me like 3 times when the portal opened by a car lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mysterious loyall X posted:

are the triple machinegun/minigun/minigun with lasers hell yeah 55 engery max ever useful w/o like the bonus ammo on kills and strong back skills they burn thru ammo so fast whY did my last run only give me miniguns and energy miniguns and that terrible lightning pistol fuuu

no

useful weapons are:

shovel
crossbow/auto crossbow/super crossbow
super plasma cannon

don't try to play with anything else really. always take trigger fingers + long arms

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh sorry the gatling slugger rules and the assault slugger can carry you pre-loop too

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

oddium posted:

no

useful weapons are:

shovel
crossbow/auto crossbow/super crossbow
super plasma cannon

don't try to play with anything else really. always take trigger fingers + long arms

this is dumb and wrong. (unless you're going for high scores or something, in which case you don't need this thread's advice)

triple machinegun etc *can* be good, i've had builds that use them well - pretending that they're auto-shotguns is a pretty good approach, iirc. ammo consumption means they're definitely situational, but sometimes huge sustained damage is just what you need

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

always go for high score

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

the gold trim car is even bigger explosion i think lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pick Steroids, get crossbows or splinter guns (especially 2x splinter pistols or autocrossbows) if bolt marrow, assault/gatling/hyper sluggers and/or heavy revolver/machinegun/rifle if not, and I'm ready to loop.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got eaten by a plasma dog again fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

qnqnx posted:

Pick Steroids, get crossbows or splinter guns (especially 2x splinter pistols or autocrossbows) if bolt marrow, assault/gatling/hyper sluggers and/or heavy revolver/machinegun/rifle if not, and I'm ready to loop.

i just had auto crossbow and bolt marrow, very cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Homing bolts is so badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Homing bolts is so badass

Yeah i have a golden crossbow for crystal and it feels so good windmill slamming bolt marrow going into 1-2

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Does anyone here like hard mode. I want to like it but my runs usually end with one of the plasma cannon butterfly wing guys spawning on top of me and killing me. How do you deal with that guy when you can't kill him quickly

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

swamp waste posted:

Does anyone here like hard mode. I want to like it but my runs usually end with one of the plasma cannon butterfly wing guys spawning on top of me and killing me. How do you deal with that guy when you can't kill him quickly

Buddy I haven't even sat on the throne yet.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lil dude spawned in one of the crown rooms and ran up to me and shot fire at my face and i died b4 i knew what was happening fuuu

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

a lil dude spawned in one of the crown rooms and ran up to me and shot fire at my face and i died b4 i knew what was happening fuuu

:coffee:

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

triple machine gun is alright in the early game for clearing rooms. laser minigun is pretty bad usually because it misses too much.

the bullet minigun weapons are good if you can handle the ammo cost for it, i like them with fish's ultimate mutation that gives infinite ammo at the start of the level.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

swamp waste posted:

hard mode is a bad joke and only exists to get the unlock from beating a few levels of it, imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oddium posted:

oh sorry the gatling slugger rules and the assault slugger can carry you pre-loop too

the assult slugger kicks rear end

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I feel like the number one reason I die anymore is that I get a weapon I've never used before and try messing with it instead of just running with the good stuff I have

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i started playing as Robot and i keep eating my loving weapons by accident god dammit :doh:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

symbolic posted:

i started playing as Robot and i keep eating my loving weapons by accident god dammit :doh:

that happened to me as well

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the assult slugger kicks rear end

if it did just a little bit more damage it could one shot dog guardians on a pop pop and i would give it a 😘👌

but few weapons one shot dogs so i forgive it and it's still really good

shovel + super crossbow/spc is still my ideal

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
mony

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Brbrbrbr ka...Pop pop

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

I feel like the number one reason I die anymore is that I get a weapon I've never used before and try messing with it instead of just running with the good stuff I have

i died 3x in a row by point blank shooting robot snipers and blowing myself up and decided to stop playing the game for the evening :henget:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

pressing forward too much usually gets me killed

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
co-op is brutal. reviving a friend takes half your health and if you dont revive, you lose 1hp per second.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i died 3x in a row by point blank shooting robot snipers and blowing myself up and decided to stop playing the game for the evening :henget:

If you were encountering explosive snipers that's on 3-X which is like 7 minutes into a run. Weak...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

yep. this game is tough and im really bad ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't need no bread
I don't need no home
Just everybody dead
And my Nuclear Throne

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep getting to 7-1 or 7-2 now and then getting completely destroyed by a billion bullets and dogs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

i keep getting to 7-1 or 7-2 now and then getting completely destroyed by a billion bullets and dogs

still haven't killed the last boss but i can't imagine beating world 7 without a melee weapon and/or crystal bcz there's way too much poo poo to dodge. my last run where i made it to the boss i had a lightning hammer which was incredibly good and doesn't use up any ammo for some insane reason unlike the other energy melee stuff

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

link2patch plz

the vid that had the patch in the comments got taken down but i just found it on my comp, ejnoy niggy

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=35189637757881243418

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

the vid that had the patch in the comments got taken down but i just found it on my comp, ejnoy niggy

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=35189637757881243418

❤️

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The current weekly is pretty cool and you can easily do splinter pistol+autocrossbow+ bolt marrow if you get a big red chest to spawn in 4-1, got to 1-2 L2 first try, guessed wrongly where a van would go and got loving wrecked
Also got to 7-3 in under 10 minutes without any skips, which is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

still haven't killed the last boss but i can't imagine beating world 7 without a melee weapon and/or crystal bcz there's way too much poo poo to dodge. my last run where i made it to the boss i had a lightning hammer which was incredibly good and doesn't use up any ammo for some insane reason unlike the other energy melee stuff
There are only three kinds of enemies: the jumping dogs, the little ones that shoot bullets in a circle all around them, and the floating ghost guys who summon orbs. The ghost guys can throw out a lot of bullets but they're super fragile. The dogs are the most dangerous, but they telegraph their moves a lot. Basically, if you have the offense to get past Lil Hunter you can kill most of the enemies in a room fast enough to not worry about it, then it's just a matter of staying on your toes through the dogs.

• Locked thread