Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the highest level should be doable for most late-ish game players with a DPS/healer/breaker/double support (or support + tank) setup. The biggest issue is Death RNG, damage-wise I never felt threatened, at worst I went down to 40% life on Refia and Curaja basically fixed all that damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I get my poo poo pushed in at int

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shingouryu posted:

Daily pull - Santa Roselia

That's cool I guess, even though I already have Refia.

She's a great arena healer. Stona, Esuna, Curaja, counter healing/Esuna/element resistance, dispel, entrust, and a curaja/esunaga lb.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Hardbody posted:

Have you tried dual casting Firaga on your forest and chaining it with fire flask and lighting fire aoe? Seems a lot easier.

I have a macro set to have my ExDeaths cast dualcast + meteor from the arena, and it's two turns either way so that's just me being lazy.

Also guys, I'd build for AOE and then resistance if you're having trouble with the event. Clear those boxes with strong AOEs then with a decent healer and someone who can cast bar-blizzaga/Onmni-veil you'll be fine.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 23, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SquirrelGrip posted:

I get my poo poo pushed in at int

Who do you have built out of your units? I see CoD, Refia, Agrias, Cheez and ExDeath on your lists, that's a pretty decent team if they're all maxed, definitely enough to get past ADV at the very least.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Did a friend purge got a scrub ExDeath as my leader. 782-288-032

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dias posted:

Who do you have built out of your units? I see CoD, Refia, Agrias, Cheez and ExDeath on your lists, that's a pretty decent team if they're all maxed, definitely enough to get past ADV at the very least.

Beginner pushed my poo poo in harder than pro because I seriously wasn't expecting the deaths. But now I just debuff them with double breakers and let the friend unit wreck them in a turn before moving in to the frosty. I really really wish WoL had his 6* already for this event. Would make things so much easier for me.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dias posted:

Who do you have built out of your units?

this is probably my problem, everyone is halfway through 5* and I won't have the stuff to awaken them to 6 for even longer. oh and I still have bartz in, should I be swapping him for the new chick?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SquirrelGrip posted:

this is probably my problem, everyone is halfway through 5* and I won't have the stuff to awaken them to 6 for even longer. oh and I still have bartz in, should I be swapping him for the new chick?

I think Cheez is better than Bartz, at least for this event. Also yeah, that's your issue right there, you have a pretty good team shell but it kinda doesn't matter that much if they're not maxed or close to maxed.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Game has a memoryleak. If you like me find you eventually cannot get elemental chains beyond 1-2 at best on Frostor ever, restart your entire phone/tablet/device. Goddamnit so many wipes.

e: Still sketchy trying to get chains on Frostor!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 23, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I think the boxes spamming death all the time makes me think that I'm better off using my NRG to TM farm, so I'm gonna do that. Thanks Gumi for the event, bring on the new one!

Also I don't have a lot of high attack Noctis users on my friend list anyway, so this event is way out of reach for me.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 23, 2016

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So both my cheese with chiradeon and my noctis with the blood sword come in around 460 Atk. Which one would people prefer? They're both max level. I've got noctis up there right now since he's a bit more versatile but if people want chiz for phantom shadow let me know.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

MrLonghair posted:

Game has a memoryleak. If you like me find you eventually cannot get elemental chains beyond 1-2 at best on Frostor ever, restart your entire phone/tablet/device. Goddamnit so many wipes.

e: Still sketchy trying to get chains on Frostor!

I'm chaining just fine. Arena with 2x Edgar, triple Mages. Frostor fire chains with mix team Chiz Exdeath Arc and poo poo.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Vax posted:

I'm chaining just fine. Arena with 2x Edgar, triple Mages. Frostor fire chains with mix team Chiz Exdeath Arc and poo poo.

I had one good round, then immediately down to 3-4, next one 2-3, back to 1-2 chains. My phone is quite fresh and decent on the CPU part of things, turned off effects. Goddamnit.

I switched Noct from the first slot to the third in my nukersquad, losing my poo poo if that's the reason :v:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They need to throw a lapis reward in because of the amount I'll have to burn just to claim the 30 Gigantaur reward from the event.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
First group reward is incoming.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KDdidit posted:

They need to throw a lapis reward in because of the amount I'll have to burn just to claim the 30 Gigantaur reward from the event.

It's five runs a day, you shouldn't have to burn any Lapis unless you REALLY need to get it done ASAP.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Don't forget the other snowman thing next week may be more beneficial. I mean I doubt it cause Gumi but maybe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, also you can Sleep the boxes, might help if Death is loving you over but you can't DPS the fuckers fast enough.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Oh man, so much to respond to in the past couple pages.

Before anything else, remember that elemental attacks come from weapons AND abilities. So while Luneth does need a fire weapon to hit Frostor's weakness and help chain, Lightning and Noctius do not since Heat Blitz and Fire Flask are already fire. Those two just need your best non-ice weapons.

I spent my first money on this game with the $50 deal. Given my inability to get rainbows (Only one since starting in July is Demon Rain) I'm saving the lapis for TMR farm refreshes, but I did use all the tickets on the Noctis banner. Notable units:

First Ludmille
First Firion

So now after reading about Firion in the recent posts, I glanced through my unit lists and what do you know, I have the following units:

Zidane x 2 (at 61% and 6%)
Chizuru x 2 (first at 5%)
Xiao x 2
Snow x 2
Miyuki x 2

It appears that pulling Firion may turn out to be my best pull yet! Now to grind that TM.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
FYI, If you are struggling with ELT, Hardbody's Greg can solo it. Well, one divider kills all the boxes which is pretty much the whole fight.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Removed a bunch of inactive goons who'd been gone for over 2 weeks. I now have 6 open slots available.

484 621 892

Currently have up a Luneth with Vernard/Chiji and Diablos. Not the highest attack you'll see (no TMs), but it should be decent enough for those who need a bit of help.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So will Chizuru with Diabolos do more damage than with Ifrit? My Diabolos isn't maxed out but my Ifrit is.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm having to make that choice myself for my non-TM Noctis. Demon Killer and shitall ATK from Esper VS the most ATK you can get from an Esper. Enhancer (82 ATK 23 MAG) or Flame Lance (48 ATK +Fire)

He's not doing anything but throwing bottles, resing, healing when I use him anyway.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Slots are open for any goons not yet using my noodle:

786, 102, 063

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to do a 1/2 pull, gold crystal garbage time.

Santa Rosalia. :aaa:

Finally got a 6* capable healer and the only unit I would've even considered trying to get from the banner (got Cerius and lol Medius or chasing Noel). I just wish Gumi had given her Raise but they'd probably have made her a 5* base at that point since she'd go from solid to arguably the best healer even if it was Raise and not a full raise like Refia's. There's no way to get raise via skill materia even in Japan is there?

Cartoon Man posted:

Santa Roselia is a fantastic healer but lacks the ability to revive KOed units. That alone makes her one step below Refia.

This. So much this. Why couldn't you at least make her LB revive people, Gumi. I finally pulled a 6* healer and she can't revive people so I still have to chase 6* healers unless we get the FF14 event before then and I farm for Y'shtola (the backup plan). Wish I'd farmed maze harder yesterday because I'm not even going to be able to get her evolved to 6* until all of the gigantaurs from frosty farming roll in at this rate, let alone get her to level 100.

Armitage posted:

Yeah, who thought Death with it's stupidly high proc rate was a good idea to include in this battle, holy poo poo :psyduck:

My Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Terra/Cecil says Firagas for everyone! Using 7* chained firagas makes it an easy 2 turn fight on ELT.

* 9 actually, because I bring Exdeath buddies. :science:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So will Chizuru with Diabolos do more damage than with Ifrit? My Diabolos isn't maxed out but my Ifrit is.

The boxes are demon type, so against them probably. Not sure about frosty.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The important skill you need from Diablos is Demon Killer. If you can get that or have it already, use Diablos. If f not, then probably keep Ifrit.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
My husband just started and is looking for some help if people don't mind adding a goon by proxy: 544937405 is his friend number. Thanks guys!

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
For those who lack mages and 5* bases, this is the team I'm running:

My only TMs are dual cast on my Refia and dual wield + MAG+30% on Exdeath. 2 turn ELT.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I've got a 650 att Noctis with Diablos for the event. I've made room if you want some help. Friend code is 087,002,101.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Man I'm such a a weird point with this, now that I have the Units I just need the gear to get them boosted. I can farm Pro with a little help from you fine folks. (Grimalkin you the real MVP). So basically to gear up to get the numbers decent other than farming for hero rings is to just wait for event/tm gear?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Cecil/Chizuru/ExDeathx3 is going well, boxes haven't gotten a turn yet. Shouls prob rearrange my espers so Chiz can cast Barblizzara though.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

kalensc posted:

Cecil/Chizuru/ExDeathx3 is going well, boxes haven't gotten a turn yet. Shouls prob rearrange my espers so Chiz can cast Barblizzara though.

Running this team too and it's p sweet.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So the banner characters for this event are a elemental resistance buff caster against enemies who ignore elements and just cast instant death. a guy with draw attacks who will draw said instant death, a healer who can't revive people who die to said instant death, and a tank that casts ice and wind magic against an enemy with 80% resist to ice and wind magic. GJ gumi.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 23, 2016

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Tengames posted:

So the banner characters for this event are a elemental resistance buff caster against enemies who ignore elements and just cast instant death. a guy with draw attacks who will draw said instant death, a healer who can't revive people who die to said instant death, and a tank that casts ice and wind magic against an enemy with 80% resist to ice and wind magic. GJ gumi.

but he has a sick white magitek armor!!!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

CyberLord XP posted:

First group reward is incoming.

Reminder that group rewards come out the 9th. You don't get those instantly like the individual ones.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

It's five runs a day, you shouldn't have to burn any Lapis unless you REALLY need to get it done ASAP.

I mean I can't accept them until I have the open inventory space, which I don't.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Go RV! posted:

Reminder that group rewards come out the 9th. You don't get those instantly like the individual ones.

Aww I got all excited.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Man I'm such a a weird point with this, now that I have the Units I just need the gear to get them boosted. I can farm Pro with a little help from you fine folks. (Grimalkin you the real MVP). So basically to gear up to get the numbers decent other than farming for hero rings is to just wait for event/tm gear?

There's basically three tiers of equipment in FFBE.

Regular stuff, that's crafted/bought/gotten from keys.
Event stuff, which is better, but obviously harder to get due to them being farmed from limited time events.
TMR stuff, which costs a ton of time or lapis, an emulator running macros, and is a nightmare.

But yeah, basically what you want to do is get one really beefy unit. Choose your best, and try and kit them out as best as you can. Due to how scaling works in this game, stacking it all on a dude is a much better strategy than spreading the equipment around.

Also get as many fat goon friends as you can to help carry you.

Here's stuff you can do in the meantime if you don't want to macro forever:
Use your magic keys to get all the important stuff. Bar-x-ra spells, stat +10%, killers, muscle belt recipe.
Farm hero rings
Use your friend summons to get a few copies of the important killers/HP +10%/Sunbeam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MohShuvuu posted:

but he has a sick white magitek armor!!!

Not just any white magitek armor, but white magitek armor piloted by one of the Garleans in FFXIV. :eng101:

• Locked thread