Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tengames posted:

So the banner characters for this event are a elemental resistance buff caster against enemies who ignore elements and just cast instant death. a guy with draw attacks who will draw said instant death, a healer who can't revive people who die to said instant death, and a tank that casts ice and wind magic against an enemy with 80% resist to ice and wind magic. GJ gumi.

Having all three boxes target Medius with death is actually a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Jesus loving christ, has anyone else had time to look at the actual rank rewards? 5* trust moogle that gives 10% to "all units" (so I guess a full team?) and 10k lapis for first place.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Jesus loving christ, has anyone else had time to look at the actual rank rewards? 5* trust moogle that gives 10% to "all units" (so I guess a full team?) and 10k lapis for first place.

Why bother looking at the rank rewards if you weren't planning on spending thousands of dollars on a cellphone game?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The 5* Trust Moogle is the same 10% we already have. "All Units" distinguishes it from 3* Trust Moogles (which we don't have) which are unit specific.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

It doesn't give trust to a full team. It says it gives 10% to "all units" because it's a distinction from other Trust Moogles that only give 5% to one specific unit. We haven't gotten any of those yet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Either way the rankings are hilarious because there is no way that they are worth it given people already dropping like a hundred buckos on day 1 on energy refreshes.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not just any white magitek armor, but white magitek armor piloted by one of the Garleans in FFXIV. :eng101:

I would whale for Livia and Gaius, no joke

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Either way the rankings are hilarious because there is no way that they are worth it given people already dropping like a hundred buckos on day 1 on energy refreshes.

Yea, I guess I could understand if it was a special unit or equipment or something. But just currency means that you very quickly spend more on the refreshes than the rewards are giving out.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So I might finally get around to setting up a script thing today/tomorrow, given that this event won't require maximum grinding to earn everything. Dumb question: if I'm logged in on the pc running the Nox or Memu thing, what would happen if I tried to login via the phone app? I presume it would cause an issue? I'm wondering how I could go about having the script run while out of the house but checking in to see if it's working right.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

It doesn't give trust to a full team. It says it gives 10% to "all units" because it's a distinction from other Trust Moogles that only give 5% to one specific unit. We haven't gotten any of those yet.

Im kinda suprised they didn't start with those and work their way up to the 10% moogle the way they did with pots (well, burst pots at least). Like, are we supposed to be excited when they finally give out the lesser moogles?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I will gladly smash all Moogles into TMR powder thanks to Moghome in FFXIV.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The character-specific moogles only being 5% also makes them functionally equivalent to just pulling a duplicate of the unit itself making them kinda pointless. I mean if it was 10% to a specific character that would make more sense.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

That would be absolutely ridiculous and gamebreaking if they would give that #1. Also totally possible.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I got Locke's TM, and so I have another open sport on my TM team. Currently I have Maxwell/Chizuru/Mercedes/Zidane on it. The best choices I have I think are:

- Hayate (Black Cowl)
- Gaffigan (Bracer)
. Agrias (Save The Queen)
- Karl (Seal of Destruction)
- Arc (Omnirod)

I'm thinking Save The Queen.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont have anything super exciting at the moment but i cleared out some friend list slots so if you want a 4k health dualcast refia bud at the moment: 180,869,786

i am working on my chiz and she will hopefully have some decent attack when i can finish off her tm, or eventually i'll have a wicked agrias i guess? give me a zidane you stupid game

edit: ^ without knowing what units you have or what tms you already have unlocked it's hard to say, but i think i would rather have bracer than save the queen, but i would definitely go for it second

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 23, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AegisP posted:

Yea, I guess I could understand if it was a special unit or equipment or something. But just currency means that you very quickly spend more on the refreshes than the rewards are giving out.

Never underestimate the amount people will pay to say they have the biggest epeen.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
First place dude has over 70k points. That's a lot of refreshing.

Too bad the raid rewards fall off so hard after the top 100 or whatever. No real reason to kill yourself grinding after receiving the individual rewards.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The harder these nutbags work, the better rewards the rest of us get. If only this applied to getting some motherfucking characters of a 4 or 5 base through pulls.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I got Locke's TM, and so I have another open sport on my TM team. Currently I have Maxwell/Chizuru/Mercedes/Zidane on it. The best choices I have I think are:

- Hayate (Black Cowl)
- Gaffigan (Bracer)
. Agrias (Save The Queen)
- Karl (Seal of Destruction)
- Arc (Omnirod)

I'm thinking Save The Queen.

I'd go with the bracer, more versatile since anyone can use it so you get some more loadout flexibility. Also there are already a ton of really good swords out there, so if it takes you a while to get it, it may be a bigger relative improvement (as I assume equipment powercreep will also continue).

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
got a few friend spots open. Don't have anything crazy but right now I've got a 423 atk Noctis up with demon and man killer from diablos. Usually he comes in around 460 atk but it seemed worth it to have demon killer on for this event.

ID 820 471 103

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

got a few friend spots open. Don't have anything crazy but right now I've got a 423 atk Noctis up with demon and man killer from diablos. Usually he comes in around 460 atk but it seemed worth it to have demon killer on for this event.

ID 820 471 103

Says you're full at the moment.

I swapped my lead to DW Chiz with Chirijiraden/Diabolos (only about 450ish ATK).

411 249 974

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 23, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, Bracer makes sense. Do the general TMs first and worry about the specialized ones later.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

The harder these nutbags work, the better rewards the rest of us get. If only this applied to getting some motherfucking characters of a 4 or 5 base through pulls.

Its exploitative as gently caress but the people that dont put money into it are also benefited by it so :shrug:

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I shared out my CoD and tossed my newly 2* diablos on her. If anyone needs omniveil and some OK dmg for the event she'll help out. I can add some friend slots if needed I just sent all my pubby friends on the list to Bedileschwitz.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Says you're full at the moment.

I swapped my lead to DW Chiz with Chirijiraden/Diabolos (only about 450ish ATK).

411 249 974

Weird I still have 2 open slots. Added 5 more just to be safe but I'll send an request over your way too.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Cannot retrieve the 20x Metal Gigantaur attachment because it would put me over my maximum capacity of units OH WELL it's not like I wanted those 100s of lapis anyway

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

AegisP posted:

The 5* Trust Moogle is the same 10% we already have. "All Units" distinguishes it from 3* Trust Moogles (which we don't have) which are unit specific.
Yeah, it's a bad translation. Should be "any unit", not "all units".

Twelve by Pies posted:

The character-specific moogles only being 5% also makes them functionally equivalent to just pulling a duplicate of the unit itself making them kinda pointless. I mean if it was 10% to a specific character that would make more sense.
How is that kinda pointless? It lets them give away a "+5% to Lightning's TM" item without giving everyone a free Lightning.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Vexrm posted:

My husband just started and is looking for some help if people don't mind adding a goon by proxy: 544937405 is his friend number. Thanks guys!

Added. If we're doing this, I would also like to nominate my nonGoon bestie who is feeling pretty intimidated by this game and jealous of my cool friends (I'm working on him becoming a Goon, but these things cannot be rushed.) 806, 965, 022 is his friend code, I'm gonna take a look at his game tonight and optimize him. Thanks to anyone with a free slot that's willing to do this!

So...

I'm doing okay in this event, using Lightning x2, Refia, CoD, and a floater, of which I am having the most success with... 6* Cerius? I put Baraerora and the Healing Staff on her, she casts Barblizzaga, Baraerora, and Protectga in that order, and I don't die from the hellacious Blizzagas and Aerogas that I can't outheal or outdamage quickly enough. I have a 6* Exdeath I could probably get up to level 100 with the 20 Gigantaurs I just got, but... will the one mage be enough, offense-wise, to make up for Cerius literally keeping my team alive?

EDIT: fixed friend code, I need new glasses or something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 24, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Added. If we're doing this, I would also like to nominate my nonGoon bestie who is feeling pretty intimidated by this game and jealous of my cool friends (I'm working on him becoming a Goon, but these things cannot be rushed.) 808, 965, 022 is his friend code, I'm gonna take a look at his game tonight and optimize him. Thanks to anyone with a free slot that's willing to do this!

I can't find your friend, double check the friend code so I can show them what you can have when you play for months! :haw: it's a 188 ATK Locke

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks here who accepted my Friends List requests. :)

MrLonghair posted:

Cannot retrieve the 20x Metal Gigantaur attachment because it would put me over my maximum capacity of units OH WELL it's not like I wanted those 100s of lapis anyway

You're at 2,000 points already? Goddamn. :stare:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
have diabolos on my greg if you need more friends for the event

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks here who accepted my Friends List requests. :)

I'm at 2865 but I started early this morning on the east coast and I had a rank up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DaveWoo posted:

I started around noon and I'm at 2,225 points with no refreshes (I'll rank up in 3 more clears though), but I had 65 NRG from an earlier compensation. Being able to farm ELT is nice. Next clear will give me the festival robe too.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
For those of you farming ELT and have me on your list, would you prefer:

or

Chizuru will have Diablos.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'd prefer the spicy cheez myself

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
3345 points with 1 refresh (because I was too impatient to wait for 10 minutes for my energy to roll over to the next 20 increment), including the 65 nrg from compensation that I saved specifically for the event. ELT gives so much rank XP that I'll also rank up in 40 nrg.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ratmtattat posted:

I'd prefer the spicy cheez myself

Chiz is mildly less likely to fall over from the Blizzaga/Aeroga spam, yes. Getting her to chain with mages is kind of fiddly, tho.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
anyone know what the daily login rewards are for the next few days? like the 24th - 27th

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

More facebook shenanigans.

https://m.facebook.com/events/1226973440726241/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My hatred of RNG still ensues. It's either a cakewalk or flat out impossible for me based on one simple thing. If my tank guards the blizzards for people, then everything is fine and I win. If he doesn't, it's a wipe because the snowman's an rear end in a top hat who gets to triple cast or some bullshit.

• Locked thread