Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

I guess they didn't make the 22nd. I wonder if they'll throw on another arbitrary extension to the schedule graph, or just leave it.

Probably make someone suffer through Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
My joke prediction of a release on 12/25/16 is looking more and more possible.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

even breaking news on RT lol!
its worldwide I think

Yeah it was. Everything but the database server was done. All functioning now (at least until the sale rush DDOSes the site)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
EDIT: looks like SA had a hiccup too

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 23, 2016

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Spermanent Record posted:

My I5 2500k finally exploded today after 6 years of being the best CPU I've ever had. What's the best chip to replace it with so that I can return to the 'verse once more?

6600K: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117561

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah it was. Everything but the database server was done. All functioning now (at least until the sale rush DDOSes the site)

Mokinokaro posted:

Stop DOSing the thread.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The K series don't come with CPU coolers anymore so you'll have to buy one if you don't have a decent one already.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Is mostly the right answer. Does mean they'll need to get a new motherboard and RAM tho so if they're skint they'll probably want to try and track down an older chip.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Everyone is getting double shilling this Christmas!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'd say if you are willing to put an extra $100 bucks into it, spring for the 6700k. Multithreading is becoming more prevalent now and the higher base clock makes a difference given that intel K processors now seem to be clocked at their limits already.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'd say if you are willing to put an extra $100 bucks into it, spring for the 6700k. Multithreading is becoming more prevalent now and the higher base clock makes a difference given that intel K processors now seem to be clocked at their limits already.

If you mostly play games you won't really notice any benefits from multithreading, so it may not be necessary. Also, Skylakes actually have a pretty good amount of leeway if you don't lose the silicon lottery. My 6600k is sitting at 4.6ghz at 1.37v currently and the only reason I stopped there is because I didn't want to go into the 1.4v range, though they're safe up to 1.45v. Stock is 3.5ghz with a 3.9ghz turbo.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

When Lethality's realization of a great FPS is 'on par' with the likes of Battlefront..

..you know he's absolutely right.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

nawledgelambo posted:

When Lethality's realization of a great FPS is 'on par' with the likes of Battlefront..

..you know he's absolutely right.

Battlefront is a totally ok shooter if you don't want to leave the safe space of the Star Wars franchise.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:yikes:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
This week blows. Had to put my cat Frank to sleep, gently caress FID/Feline Leukemia. TheAgent is doing good things supporting no-kill shelters.

Thanks for cheering up a sad goon thread, there's always more and it's always worse.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Thronde posted:

This week blows. Had to put my cat Frank to sleep, gently caress FID/Feline Leukemia. TheAgent is doing good things supporting no-kill shelters.

Thanks for cheering up a sad goon thread, there's always more and it's always worse.

sorry to hear that. try and keep in good spirits, it is hard.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

That is one sane individual

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Battlefront is a totally ok shooter if you don't want to leave the safe space of the Star Wars franchise.
I like pew pewin dudes sometimes in that, they nailed the look and sound design

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Around noon in LA. I'm sure 2.4n is going through final quality checks.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Tippis posted:

I meant that as Star Wars Battlefront is a poo poo FPS, and him comparing star marine to it makes sense if that's what he considers good.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/cults/comments/5jwb0m/meta_has_gaming_become_a_cult_star_citizens_fans/dbk0l8c/

TIL: Beer is a 10 year sleeper agent of the parplord Derek Smart. Why did you lie to us beer?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Around noon in LA. I'm sure 2.4n is going through final quality checks.
Cool. That means they'll have an entire 24 hours to get 3.0 out of the door before Christmas Day!

That's progress goons.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait I thought the argument was that Beer and his "ilk" wanted to turn the game into an EVE style pvp nightmare, suddenly now he is a carebear who wants in-game invincibility?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
CIG dropping exclusives to German magazines again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5jz740/squadron_42_and_star_citizen_alpha_30_sneak_peek/

SQ42 -

3.0 -

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait I thought the argument was that Beer and his "ilk" wanted to turn the game into an EVE style pvp nightmare, suddenly now he is a carebear who wants in-game invincibility?

Weve always been at war with eurasia

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Are these the painted-on flat rocks?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Secret santa at work really came through this year

I've every workplace secret santa I've been apart of the gifts were joke gifts taking a jab at the person you're giving it too, so good job not understanding people are making fun of you commando!

Alternatively, good job buying yourself a secret santa present you weirdo.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someone help me.

I vaguely remember Croberts saying backers would see stuff first and the press second, does anyone have that as quote somewhere?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is this that same german shill magazine?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Thronde posted:

Condolences on the passing of your friend.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so wait, citizens are going to believe that cig has a secret build with all this amazing stuff they are showing to a german magazine 2-4 weeks before the publication date but they went ahead with that embarrassing holiday stream that had no content because _________?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I see their procedural vegetation tech is coming along nicely. Still waiting on that procedural jungle planet, Roberts.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

Right! What the gently caress are they even on about? All I really wanted out of SC was to get in on the ground-level of some eve style griefing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

I see their procedural vegetation tech is coming along nicely. Still waiting on that procedural jungle planet, Roberts.

Default Unity 3.2 placeholder grass?

Check.

Show is over goons. I think these highly non-interactive "gameplay samples" show you all just how wrong you are. If I were you, I would repent or lose all your gamer e-cred.

Polish Avenger posted:

Right! What the gently caress are they even on about? All I really wanted out of SC was to get in on the ground-level of some eve style griefing.
:same:

Citizens should be thankful their dream game is never coming out. They most likely would not have liked the results.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Is this real life

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thronde posted:

Sorry, goon friend. Seriously. The day my little buddy passes on will be the worst day ever for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
those sure are some pretty jpegs

taxxe edit: AS IS THIS