Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
[–]Agent_MothmanHigh Admiral 7 points 23 minutes ago

German gaming mags are much better than American mags for some reason. I'd love an English translation also.

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply

[–]fuzzydice_82Civilian 1 point 11 minutes ago

i heard that before - is that true?

[–]Agent_MothmanHigh Admiral 4 points 9 minutes ago

Just my opinion. They seem to have better writers, and German anti-defamation laws mean that journalists have to actually research their subject.

lmfao

"german gaming mags are better because they don't poo poo on star citizen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Truga posted:

German gaming mags are much better than American mags for some reason. I'd love an English translation also.

Just my opinion. They seem to have better writers, and German anti-defamation laws mean that journalists have to actually research their subject.

lmfao

what did the last German article say and how much of that was CIG lies?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
The magazine exclusive jpgs is the kind of thing that will send shitizens into an uproar. Whereas $2000 ships, chronically missing deadlines, and unplayable "alpha" releases are alright.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Truga posted:

lmfao

Agent_Mothman is the epitome of shill. I sincerely think negativity about star citizen causes him physical pain.

Not to mention, given his username, probably wears the skin of his victims.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait I thought the argument was that Beer and his "ilk" wanted to turn the game into an EVE style pvp nightmare, suddenly now he is a carebear who wants in-game invincibility?

It's DREAMS, man! It is all what the Citizenry dreams! This pesky reality thing is an inconvenience.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fatkraken posted:

what did the last German article say and how much of that was CIG lies?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5jz740/squadron_42_and_star_citizen_alpha_30_sneak_peek/dbk3a7i/

(it's CIG bull)

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

I love how all these sneak peaks have people wearing differents kinds of armor while ingame it's still that old crap.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Is brig1763 a goon trolling or a legit crazy person? With SC I really can't tell.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Is that smoke on the right of the image real? Maybe I'm not up to date on literal next generation of humanity gaming, but that screenshot looks like concept art to me.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Actually looking at the other pictures this is old stuff a lot of it rehashed,

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Atreiden posted:

Is brig1763 a goon trolling or a legit crazy person? With SC I really can't tell.

When i talk to my friend about SC they think it is some kind of parody show or something. Honestly it is hard to tell what is real and what is sarcasm with how incompetent they are. Really layering the irony on top of the subsumption code.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Armadillo Tank posted:

Is that smoke on the right of the image real? Maybe I'm not up to date on literal next generation of humanity gaming, but that screenshot looks like concept art to me.

It's probably a static render.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Armadillo Tank posted:

What does your heart say? I'm more curious about the spaceship in the picture polluting more than a B-52 during take off.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

What does your heart say? I'm more curious about the spaceship in the picture polluting more than a B-52 during take off.

DEREK SMART HACKED THE GERMANS SERVER TO PUT HORRIBLE LIES INTO THE SCREENSHOTS TO FUEL THE GOONS!

Why didn't i think of that before.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

i bought KSP in early alpha and even that was a more complete space game than this pile of poo poo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I prefer Swedish gaming magazines myself.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I shamefully bought a Dell Studio XPS in spring 2009 for like $850.

I've upgraded the power supply, memory, and several times the graphics card since.

Still plays loving everything. Best money I ever spent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSD40aoNRIc

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 23, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Armadillo Tank posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cults/comments/5jwb0m/meta_has_gaming_become_a_cult_star_citizens_fans/dbk0l8c/

TIL: Beer is a 10 year sleeper agent of the parplord Derek Smart. Why did you lie to us beer?

Beer, and goons in general being carebears is a really baffling statement. Then he threw in those other guys too. My mind is blown. I can't even make sense of the rest of that, it's completely off the rails. The AI has to handle carebears, and that did something with pathfinding, and all that misdirected crobbler from the project's goals. It's partially crobbler's fault, but only because he is too accommodating.

The common piece of misinformation is that goons were trying to have some kind of malicious influence to the project, and got mad at being rejected. I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever for that, but I understand the purpose such a claim serves. I don't even know where to begin with what that guy posted.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Oh, yeah, for sure, man.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Evil_Greven posted:

I shamefully bought a Dell Studio XPS in spring 2009 for like $850.

I've upgraded the power supply, memory, and several times the graphics card since.

Still plays loving everything. Best money I ever spent.

Dell Vostro 420 here, circa late '08. Third power supply (update), fourth GPU (update), RAM upgrades, several hard drives. Amazing piece of kit (even if the case is almost too shallow for the GTX 760.).

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

What happened to StarEngine?

(Lumberyard is Amazon's version of CryEngine.)

e: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5jzjnj/amazon_lumberyard/

iron buns fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 23, 2016

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Is this that same german shill magazine?

By this thread's standards all German magazines are shill magazines.

Edit: When it comes to Star Citizen, that is.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 23, 2016

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Tarquinn posted:

By this thread's standards all German magazines are shill magazines.

Edit: When it comes to Star Citizen, that is.

a lot of them are for ANY game, at least any game from a company that puts ads in the magazine. Websites too. It's an Actual Problem.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah magazines and sites will never take a critical look at something before it releases otherwise they could lose access or advertising. That one particular german mag though has a massive croberts stiffy and just prints his hand waving ~dreams~ talk as if it is already in the game and playable.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I sense another BetsyBigTits incoming

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

I was just about to post that. Can anybody explain what the hell is going on? Does this mean they stole code or an image?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

nawledgelambo posted:

I meant that as Star Wars Battlefront is a poo poo FPS, and him comparing star marine to it makes sense if that's what he considers good.

And I meant the response as, if you only ever look at SW FPSes, Battlefront is certainly one of them that you can play…

…what's left outside that very tiny slice of the FPS segment is left unsaid. :D

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Armadillo Tank posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cults/comments/5jwb0m/meta_has_gaming_become_a_cult_star_citizens_fans/dbk0l8c/

TIL: Beer is a 10 year sleeper agent of the parplord Derek Smart. Why did you lie to us beer?

I just made a full confession.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I called the dealership he worked at over 5 years ago, and the guy I talked to didn't know who he was, and said they had nothing to do with some video game. Disproven, goonie.

"Some guy who worked here 5 years ago, space ship game. What? I don't loving know. No. Bye now."

How many people would know some random person who worked at their place of employment 5 years ago, especially a used card dealership?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Are they even calling the right place?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

I was just about to post that. Can anybody explain what the hell is going on? Does this mean they stole code or an image?

Take your pick:
  • They messed up.
  • They switched to Lumberyard a while ago and didn't tell the backers.
  • Amazon is buying Crytek and CIG just leaked it.
  • All of above.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Armadillo Tank posted:

It looks like a rendered still with post image work. Not "gameplay" screen cap.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DogonCrook posted:

I dunno, maybe bezos can right this sinking ship

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Are they even calling the right place?
no, the place roberts worked is in the autobytel building by JWA, I know because one of my satellite offices is less than a block away and pass it everyday

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
star citizen, now exclusively on the amazon pc game store

lol

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

I think it's far more likely that "StarEngine" was nothing but smoke and mirrors, and they've been forced now to display the "Lumberyard" logo due to licensing or some such. Of course, to the shitizens it's probablyAmazon who's using CIG's brilliant, never before done engine.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

I dunno, maybe bezos can right this sinking ship

Brings the Clarkson/Grand Tour thing full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

great year for fps games

Doom
Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Overwatch
Star Marine