Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the deed is done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Skyl3lazer posted:

!!!! Yosmas Incoming !!!!

A package!!!

poo poo wrong package!!!!!

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/6u21o8p.jpg[/timg]

Right package!!!!!

We've got a toy for my foster, and a cool little game for me! I'll probably attempt to play this tomorrow, actually, it'll go well for game night.

:catdrugs: that's the high test poo poo

A wrastlin' dude that opens bottles.

Like cat drugs, but for people!

Thanks Joe!

I wonder what the art is?

Oh.

Holy poo poo TIME TO BREAK TABLES!

yw. i enjoyed making that painting and that cat weed came from the amazing acro-cats show i went to

http://circuscats.com/

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol best use of gentoo linux

okay maybe this wasn't the yosmas :xd:

pro

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not seeing a ring there

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Annual Gift Panda posted:

I want to point out that I sent a clean laptop

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

oh god, i'm a mac haver now :gay:

an ominous note...

Holy crap thank you minifoo... I may have to wait a day before I embark on the journey of powering this beast on, but rest assured I'll poast when I do

glad you like it! now try plugging it in (seriously, it will either boot up immediately without user input, or you'll have to wait a few minutes then forget about it until it decides to blast your eardrums with the mac chime)

hopefully everything that I set up will work properly I took a few pics myself if it doesn't

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I wish I had a rad powerbook like that, almost all my macs are too new and refuse to boot anything older than OS9 :(

The toilet lid iBook can do 8.6 at least, but i really want a System 7 mac in the household

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

CrazyLittle posted:

it tates like leather tanning lotion

no, on second thought it tastes like 6 hours.

lol

also malort is actually delicious sorry

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

santa delivered the final part of my gift today

but what could it be?

still too wet for me to arrange a proper sendoff

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Do they still have the "made in china" labels?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

Do they still have the "made in china" labels?
it was literally shipped from china

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

no worries, i got a bunch of cheap knifes i can learn on. (if i decide to go down that tunnel)

As someone who went down that rabbit hole, I keep 3-5 lovely knives on hand at all times, just cause when I bust out the stones, and ceramics, and powders, and all that junk I want to make sure I have got back into the zen rhythm of knife sharpening before I even move to even say a kitchenaid knife.

(also that little pull push sharpeners isn't bad, and honestly if I get a super dull knife from a friend to sharpen i've got a similar thing from ikea that i use just to get the initial sharp back on it before honing that poo poo out for a proper long term edge)

burning swine
May 26, 2004

MiniFoo posted:

glad you like it! now try plugging it in (seriously, it will either boot up immediately without user input, or you'll have to wait a few minutes then forget about it until it decides to blast your eardrums with the mac chime)

hopefully everything that I set up will work properly I took a few pics myself if it doesn't

Plugged it in last night and it booted right up (and exploded my ears with the chime)

Took pictures, i'll post them as soon as I have some time. Things are a bit hectic right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt1bgsvsWms&t=37s

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

but what could it be?

owned

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

but what could it be?

that'll teach you to not give highly detailed interests!

merry yosmas. enjoy the candy and the hot sauce!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Plugged it in last night and it booted right up (and exploded my ears with the chime)

Took pictures, i'll post them as soon as I have some time. Things are a bit hectic right now

no worries, glad it's working lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

sent out a boozy yosgift this morning :toot:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yosgift dispatched. guy at store said it'd be there thursday but now the tracker says saturday the 31st so i guess i am cutting it close.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
a wild package appears! excellent timing too as i'm off to canada at 6am tomorrow.

and on top...

oh my. i bought one of these for a friend back last year but it went directly to him so i never got to see it. or more importantly, feel it. it's made of spandex or something. amazing.

and a note!

bourbon! i'm sure my babby palate can handle 90 proof plus

and the piece de resistance!

a fair and accurate reflection of yours truly.

this is all on point and amazing. thank you so much Gatos! I'm considering wearing the shirt on the plane.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I found an unexpected heavy Amazon box on my doorstep this morning. It must be from my YOSPOS Santa.

I threw some pepper lights around the edges just for the photo. Very festive.

Thanks Santa! Reading is food for your brain!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

a wild package appears! excellent timing too as i'm off to canada at 6am tomorrow.

and on top...

oh my. i bought one of these for a friend back last year but it went directly to him so i never got to see it. or more importantly, feel it. it's made of spandex or something. amazing.

and a note!

bourbon! i'm sure my babby palate can handle 90 proof plus

and the piece de resistance!

a fair and accurate reflection of yours truly.

this is all on point and amazing. thank you so much Gatos! I'm considering wearing the shirt on the plane.

awesome, I'm glad it made it ok! the shirt is a "Chinese XL" so it looks like a slightly big medium, I hope it fits. the doggo items I ordered are in Limbo, sorry. the bourbon is supposed to be really nice. I was wanting to get you a local brand but it's near impossible to find at this time of year I unfortunately discovered. and Hedorah is just horrible (this one is from Godzilla Final Wars). merry yosmas!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

The toilet lid iBook can do 8.6 at least, but i really want a System 7 mac in the household

that could be arranged

where are you located?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:siren: optimus_rhyme :siren: your gift will be late but it's on the way please
don't lose hope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hudson is good stuff, i like mine with a splash of water

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

meatpotato posted:

I found an unexpected heavy Amazon box on my doorstep this morning. It must be from my YOSPOS Santa.

I threw some pepper lights around the edges just for the photo. Very festive.

Thanks Santa! Reading is food for your brain!

banime

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I wish I knew when my santee was going to get their gift but USPS doesn't have any tracking on international shipping :negative:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:siren: optimus_rhyme :siren: your gift will be late but it's on the way please
don't lose hope

:smithicide:

(No worries,I can't wait, besides I already got the best gift, giving 🎶cheery jewelry/folgers holiday add jingle🎶

Optimus_Rhyme fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 24, 2016

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

it was literally shipped from china

Fuckin' outstanding.

Unrelated - Third box to my santee shipped. Enjoy the festive evergreen-smelling booze.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I think I found the whiskey fudge

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Annual Gift Panda posted:

I think I found the whiskey fudge

:itwaspoo:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

eschaton posted:

that could be arranged

where are you located?

Norway :norway:

The insane shipping fees on old cast iron computers from eBay mean I have to dig around on the local alternatives. I hope I'll get lucky someday and find an old quadra 840AV or something, but people seem awfully quick to send their obsolete computers to the landfill here :mad:

At least I scored a pretty sweet PowerMac G4 MDD 1.3ghz wind tunnel for pocket change this year, and replaced all the fans so it's reasonably quiet without cooking itself.
OS9 sucks though, Apple removed support for compressed resource forks and broke over half of the After Dark screensaver modules.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Christmas Day arrives in 3.5 hours.

may the blessings of chromebook fall upon you all like gentle cherry blossoms

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Norway :norway:

The insane shipping fees on old cast iron computers from eBay mean I have to dig around on the local alternatives. I hope I'll get lucky someday and find an old quadra 840AV or something, but people seem awfully quick to send their obsolete computers to the landfill here :mad:

At least I scored a pretty sweet PowerMac G4 MDD 1.3ghz wind tunnel for pocket change this year, and replaced all the fans so it's reasonably quiet without cooking itself.
OS9 sucks though, Apple removed support for compressed resource forks and broke over half of the After Dark screensaver modules.

here, too. sometimes the dismantlers at work gut a quadra 900 before I can get to it, and I weep inside

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

a gatos custom Hedorah

im mad jelly!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

it's not custom, stock

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's really good and my nephew loves it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

It's really good and my nephew loves it

good! I love passing those on to kids. I'm giving a couple to my friend's sons today

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
yo super nailgun I got 2/3 boxes so far and they own own own

waiting for the third to make the post, unless I shouldn't

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
Who was my yosmas santa? The note did not say and I'm wearing the very comfortable share zone shirt now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my santee should remember to connect the speakers because they are important, also the main thing served as my desk clock for a year but i forgot to set it up to autostart, go look for it in one of the homedir folders

I think I'll have to build myself another one to replace the one I sent, I kinda miss it already. Hope it survived shipping, it's fairly flimsy as any good DIY project should be!

• Locked thread