Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol some people in that thread have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tippis posted:

Are they even calling the right place?

Supposedly, someone called the direct number linked to crobbler on one of the archived used car sales pages, and actually got a hold of him. I can't vouch for accuracy of that claim.

It seems to me, if you are a salesman of used high end cars, you're probably like a realtor, and don't necessarily sit in an office on the dealership floor all day long. And a lot of the rest of the people working in the dealership might not be acquainted with you, especially after 5 years of employee turn over.

Maybe they should ask if they remember a thumb with arms who waved his hands around a lot.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Holy gently caress they switched engines.

And they've switched away from Google Cloud too - who wants to bet the 2.5 PTU going down was the switchover. That's another sponsorship deal they've said gently caress you to.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

no, the place roberts worked is in the autobytel building by JWA, I know because one of my satellite offices is less than a block away and pass it everyday

This, too. I thought he worked at a general high end used car place, not a Lexus dealership.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/25/amazon-opens-a-new-game-engine-team-location-in-austin/

Aparently amazon opened up a location in austin to work on lumberyard and to assist companies using their engine.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DogonCrook posted:

http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/25/amazon-opens-a-new-game-engine-team-location-in-austin/

Aparently amazon opened up a location in austin to work on lumberyard and to assist companies using their engine.

HAHHAHAHAHA

I guess thats why CIG is refocusing on austin

XK
Jul 9, 2001

lol, oh poo poo

Don't overlook this one, anybody.

derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

I'm going to guess Star Marine itself is running on that. They just dumped some assets and minor modifications into it, SDK example style, and that's their big Star Marine release. Only conjecture, though.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

XK posted:

Supposedly, someone called the direct number linked to crobbler on one of the archived used car sales pages, and actually got a hold of him. I can't vouch for accuracy of that claim.

I called earlier in the year. It went straight to voicemail with CR's unmistakable voice telling me to leave a message (I declined). It's his cell number.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Why weren't our angels on the inside aware about the engine switch? If it was an engine switch? (Jeff Bezos touching star citizen changes the premise, is he trying to wrestle control from Chris Roberts through a faustian contract? Sandi's management skills certainly would make a good fit into Amazon's employment culture.)

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 23, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I called earlier in the year. It went straight to voicemail with CR's unmistakable voice telling me to leave a message (I declined). It's his cell number.

Wow guys keep on doxxing

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

They'll be using this next:

https://aws.amazon.com/gamelift/

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Seemingly Amazon^s involvement is going to be explained in today's weekly newsletter - stay tuned.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Changing engine is the only thing I can see that might see them into 2018.

:gary:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
what was the name of that game engines posted 10-20 pages ago that had thousands of smalller game engines in it?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
This is great! beautiful ship you are building. I also have been creating a few Ships for Star Citizen. I want to see more of your ship!!!
Mine is still a work in progress! But over the last few year i have started building a Star ship Simulator so i would be able to fly with at least 5 of my friends in a multi crew ship with no comm problems, Having the team all in one room. I have build this "Ship" the community calls a out of this world experience in my house for now. thanks to Star Citizen. My neighbors know when I'm flying because this ship will shake the ground around my home. Its been a blast so far but now here everyone wants me to share it with the world, She is almost ready.
This means there are more of us out there!!!

Where the Captain sits is a real ejection seat out of a fighter Jet

View from the leftside

This is the view from above in the right upper passenger seat looking down at the captain and left co-pilot seat

View with in the secondary simulator "Lower gunner seat just behind the main captain seat

second View with in the secondary simulator "Lower gunner seat" just behind the main captain seat

Star filled sky overhead

View of the right seat with 3d display systems there is one on the right side as well.

an other View of the right seat with 3d display systems

In the engineering room there is even a power source and 3d printer to make parts for the ship on the go!!!

There is also a upper gunner seat just above and behind the captain

There is much much more this Ship has taken over 2 more rooms and a hallway... More to come soon...
I will have to make a page for this... But just know if you need help we are here!!!

Love what you guys are all doing to make the best game "experience ever"

The fact is We can thank Chris for kick starting some of our creativity!!! I would have never started building a space ship in my house if it was not for all you guys!

SO, I Thank all of you for setting my imagination free!

Sincerely,
David Yocum
Captain Atlantis

Constellation Crew!
Handles
CaptainAtlantis303
sidewinder3333
SetBack333
Fallenfaction
Falling
Fallingsnow

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 23, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol gently caress that guy

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Amazon is going good things, CIG however

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'd guess Amazon is adopting/incorporating StarEngine into Lumberyard and CIG is getting a nice chunk of change in the process. StarEngine is loads better than the old version of CryEngine it once was. Of course this is purely guesstimation but it would make more sense for Amazon to incorporate StarEngine with all the work that's been done to it.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

sorla78 posted:

Seemingly Amazon^s involvement is going to be explained in today's weekly newsletter - stay tuned.

If they do change engine to Lumberyard, then they'll have to refactor absolutely everything as it's not a straight swap.

Huge lols if they do it, 5 years essentially wasted chasing a dream only to have to start over. I wonder if they have the cash reserves to keep their devs working and relearning new systems from scratch.

For sale : Limited edition Porsche, one mushmouthed owner.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

I'd guess Amazon is adopting/incorporating StarEngine into Lumberyard and CIG is getting a nice chunk of change in the process. StarEngine is loads better than the old version of CryEngine it once was. Of course this is purely guesstimation but it would make more sense for Amazon to incorporate StarEngine with all the work that's been done to it.

Source your quotes

XK
Jul 9, 2001

sorla78 posted:

Why weren't our angels on the inside aware about the engine switch? If it was an engine switch?

Because it's Star Marine specific, and only Star Marine is running on it?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Daztek posted:

Source your quotes

gently caress, EFB

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mirificus posted:

This is great! beautiful ship you are building. I also have been creating a few Ships for Star Citizen. I want to see more of your ship!!!
Mine is still a work in progress! But over the last few year i have started building a Star ship Simulator so i would be able to fly with at least 5 of my friends in a multi crew ship with no comm problems, Having the team all in one room. I have build this "Ship" the community calls a out of this world experience in my house for now. thanks to Star Citizen. My neighbors know when I'm flying because this ship will shake the ground around my home. Its been a blast so far but now here everyone wants me to share it with the world, She is almost ready.
This means there are more of us out there!!!

Where the Captain sits is a real ejection seat out of a fighter Jet

View from the leftside

This is the view from above in the right upper passenger seat looking down at the captain and left co-pilot seat

View with in the secondary simulator "Lower gunner seat just behind the main captain seat

second View with in the secondary simulator "Lower gunner seat" just behind the main captain seat

Star filled sky overhead

View of the right seat with 3d display systems there is one on the right side as well.

an other View of the right seat with 3d display systems

In the engineering room there is even a power source and 3d printer to make parts for the ship on the go!!!

There is also a upper gunner seat just above and behind the captain

There is much much more this Ship has taken over 2 more rooms and a hallway... More to come soon...
I will have to make a page for this... But just know if you need help we are here!!!

Love what you guys are all doing to make the best game "experience ever"

The fact is We can thank Chris for kick starting some of our creativity!!! I would have never started building a space ship in my house if it was not for all you guys!

SO, I Thank all of you for setting my imagination free!

Sincerely,
David Yocum
Captain Atlantis

Constellation Crew!
Handles
CaptainAtlantis303
sidewinder3333
SetBack333
Fallenfaction
Falling
Fallingsnow

and I thought I'd been daft when I bought a PS3 in anticipation of the Last Guardian (I did play quite a few other things on it, plus it was second hand, but LG was the Killer App for me)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

Because it's Star Marine specific, and only Star Marine is running on it?

Star marine is supposed to be a mini game within SC though isn't it? It's going to have to tie together at some point or they are in for some serious compatability issues between the differing engines (remember this is CIG not anyone competant).

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Lolumberyard.

"It's still Crytek, don't worry dear backers!"

*Shoves Starengine out the airlock*

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Sabreseven posted:

Huge lols if they do it, 5 years essentially wasted chasing a dream only to have to start over. I wonder if they have the cash reserves to keep their devs working and relearning new systems from scratch.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:golfclap: Indeed.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
"Welcome!

To celebrate the imminent launch of Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 and the Star Marine FPS mode, we're allowing anyone to register for a free 48-hour trial of Star Citizen's entire Alpha experience. By registering below, you'll get exclusive access to the free trial and we'll notify you by email once it's open. Registering now doesn't require you to buy anything at all, but it will make you eligible for special offers and discounts further down the line."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/welcome-to-sc

They ALLOW a free trial of the Alpha EXPERIENCE and I guess by "experience" you might expect something that is, well, not a buggy Chris-Mess, but why not wasting xmas time to "experience" what ~140 Million and 4 years ALLOW you to "play" lmao
:yarg:

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 23, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

Star marine is supposed to be a mini game within SC though isn't it? It's going to have to tie together at some point or they are in for some serious compatability issues between the differing engines (remember this is CIG not anyone competant).

It is supposed to be a game contained within SC, yet entirely separate from SC. Would you put it beyond crobbler, realizing he needs to release something to show progress, straight up jamming another engine into his game just to run Star Marine? Think about it. Making a bottom of the barrel FPS in an FPS engine, that he can just shove assets into, and claim progress toward his funding promises. "Star Engine" is too hosed, but the assets are fundamentally compatible with Cry Engine, so grab a current version of that engine, cram it into the executable, and throw your assets into that other engine. Boom, the FPS is delivered.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

2.6 to Live
WOW, Who could have possibly seen this coming?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

It is supposed to be a game contained within SC, yet entirely separate from SC. Would you put it beyond crobbler, realizing he needs to release something to show progress, straight up jamming another engine into his game just to run Star Marine? Think about it. Making a bottom of the barrel FPS in an FPS engine, that he can just shove assets into, and claim progress toward his funding promises. "Star Engine" is too hosed, but the assets are fundamentally compatible with Cry Engine, so grab a current version of that engine, cram it into the executable, and throw your assets into that other engine. Boom, the FPS is delivered.

Haha, I reckon you might be on to something there :) I can quite easily see mushmouths thought process and that becoming a logical thing, in his mind.

I feel there are so many lols ahead, 2017 is going to be a real corker. :)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

Haha, I reckon you might be on to something there :) I can quite easily see mushmouths thought process and that becoming a logical thing, in his mind.

I feel there are so many lols ahead, 2017 is going to be a real corker. :)

I honestly believe that's what happened. They grabbed an off the shelf engine to run Star Marine, and just shoved it into the project.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tokamak posted:

2.6 to Live
WOW, Who could have possibly seen this coming?

Is it released, or is it just "imminent"?

I have no doubt they will dump it out the door before midnight Dec 31 Los Angeles studio time, my only question was how late they would push the release.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

I honestly believe that's what happened. They grabbed an off the shelf engine to run Star Marine, and just shoved it into the project.

Would definitely explain how all of a sudden they managed to almost make an fps mode work, sometimes. :D

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

The bottom picture is the exact map they showed to backers that was really a flat plane with illusion shadows/rocks on it. Convenient the buildings are placed in total shadow areas so you can't see it floating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
The pcgames.de article reveals NOTHING new, it is just building up hype, again.
And Reddit SC falls for the lies, again.

"Hey, why didn't they show this stuff in the last streams?!" :argh:
"It obvious CIG had an EXCLUSIVE deal with PC games" :eng101:
"Well..but but but...why didn't we backers got this shown first ? Like...didn't we have the most open development ever, do we?!" :confused: :ohdearsass:
"Yeah, but no" :o: :ssh:
"Ah okay! Gonna buy some jpegs, the new ones look great" :allears: :shepspends:

This faked stuff will lead to more pledges and I am glad of it, the funding of future meltdowns is an investment in our entertainment and feeds the cult :lesnick: