Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

I do this on omegle. I play BlondBimboBlackJack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

I [24f] just got a look at my boyfriend's [25m] relationship with his mother [in her 50s] and it's giving me doubts about getting engaged next year.

We've been dating for a year and plan on moving in together after getting engaged (his family is religious so this is already pushing it). I'm currently visiting my boyfriend's parents for the first time with him.

Typically my boyfriend helps me with chores and cleaning after I cook us a dinner. He sometimes takes some nudging to not procrastinate on things and definitely is messier than I am. Overall though I wasn't too concerned about him pulling his weight in chores in the future until now.

At his mom's house he expects her to do everything even though she's working and we're on vacation. We've argued several times about cleaning our dishes and tidying the living area before she arrives home. He also asks her to make and bring him things as soon as she arrives home from work or when she's clearly busy. He also told her his toilet needed to be cleaned instead of doing it himself.

I was especially horrified when I came downstairs this morning to see him playing Mario while his elderly mother shoveled snow and ice off the sidewalk before leaving for work. He refused to join me in helping her and just said she should have made his (even older) father do it before he left for work... at 4am. He even said we couldn't go out today until his mom got home and could find an old, warmer, jacket for him without attempting to locate it himself first. I found it in the first place I looked.

Now I'm questioning how helpful he'll be when we live together after the excitement of our relationship wears off for a daily routine. He insists he'll always help me and won't treat me like his mom. He even acknowledges we should raise our kids to do their own chores and to help out but refuses to do the same for his mother. He makes fun of me or gets annoyed at me for helping with cleaning and cooking when his mother "wants" to do it. I'm too embarrassed to follow his lead and worried that someday that attitude will apply to how he sees me too.

tl;dr: My boyfriend treats his mom like a house elf and I'm not convinced when he swears he'll never treat me like that. Is this a red flag and what do I do about it?

:sever:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How do we not have a red flag emoticon yet?

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Red flag flashing "abort!"

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Nazzadan posted:

"Alright honey, I brought over the large negro gentleman like you asked me to, are you ready to come watch?"

"Cucking? Oh god no honey, that's so last month. Now I want you to pretend he's your stepbrother who hypnotized you."

So.. um.. what happened next?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

MAH GET THE MEATLOAF!!! MAAAAAAH!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gaunab posted:

MAH GET THE MEATLOAF!!! MAAAAAAH!

I never know what she's doing back there!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Maybe his mom insists on doing that poo poo while he's home and he's just accepted his fate? He just needs to learn to brief an SO about it first if that's the case. That's probably not the case, I just like covering the weird angles.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
like if i heard that toilet line from anyone id shove the loving toilet brush in their mouth

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYFQQB9vqPw

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Can we spend a second on 50 being "elderly"?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Cleaning the toilet myself while I'm at a parent's house would be hard fought for me. I'd have to sneak it in while they're at work on a trip where they somehow didn't do it meticulously before I came.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

504 posted:

Handy tip: Sometime people have showers (brace yourself) NOT explicitly for the purpose of getting clean! There are... things.. that are pleasurable to do in warm water. This requires more than one person, sometimes even more than two!

getting pissed on seem to be the most practiced team sport in the showering event

Handy Tip : shower sex loving sucks, water is the anti sex

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Showering with your partner is fun even without sex. :shrug:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

my brother did that poo poo when he'd come over to visit our mom and it drove me up the wall. my mom didn't care, though.

now he lives with his gamer gf and neither of them do the chores! :downs:

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carrion Luggage posted:

getting pissed on seem to be the most practiced team sport in the showering event

The vast vast vast majority of people showering together are not pissing on each other

You're doing it wrong.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Showering with your partner is fun even without sex. :shrug:

Why are you showering with my partner??

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

504 posted:

Why are you showering with my partner??

it's like square dancing

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Fair enough, maybe, but not helping her shovel the loving snow out the driveway or look for his loving coat himself?

I mean, I'm a lazy shitebag when I visit home over things like cleaning, but how would you not die of shame not helping out with communal tasks like clearing the drive. If anything you could totally impress your SO shoveling ice.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

504 posted:

The vast vast vast majority of people showering together are not pissing on each other

You're doing it wrong.

did you ask the vast majority of people or are you projecting your prude ways?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Me [35 M] found out my wife [29 F] of 4 years has been messaging a guy that openly told her she was his first true love to which she suggested they hang out

I was looking through my wife's Facebook messages and found a conversation between her and a guy friend (call him SB) from her past that she hasn't spoken to in years. She messaged him a few weeks ago to tell him another friend had seen SB's band at a random show and that she was happy to hear SB was doing well with his music.

This lead to a few messages reminiscing about them hanging out back in high school, which then turned into SB professing to my wife that she was his first true love (even though they never dated or even hooked up as far as I know) and that any girl he has ever been intimate with, he always sees my wife in her because that's the kind of influence she had on him. He tells her she was his light in the dark and thanks her for always being so nice to him back then, and that he was sure she had forgotten about him.

My wife replies that she's happy to have been his light in the dark, thanks him for always putting her on a pedestal and makes a comment about how she always felt so safe and comfortable around him and tells him they'll be BFF's forever and that she couldn't ever forget him.

The last few messages were them talking about how SB used to be straight edge and how he's a pot head now, and my wife suggesting they should hang out and smoke a fat joint some time and have some laughs.

They haven't messaged since Dec 11, but I can't stop thinking about these messages. I only found them by going into my wife's Facebook, so I'm already guilty of not trusting her and now I feel like I have a legitimate reason to feel that way. Am I just being overly jealous or do I have a legitimate reason to not want my wife hanging out with this guy?

TL;DR wife messaged an old guy friend randomly about his band, old guy friend confesses his love for my wife, wife suggests they hang out

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

how are so many incompatible people married to each other what a world we live in

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The shower stories I've heard have all involved pee and it being hilarious. :shrug:

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

The shower stories I've heard have all involved pee and it being hilarious. :shrug:

vast majority of non prude people pee on each other and laugh rather than post on reddit about it

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carrion Luggage posted:

did you ask the vast majority of people or are you projecting your prude ways?

And now you think pissing is ok? Makes a sudden change from "stop showering together"

and yes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the vast majority of people are not showering together to take part in a marginal, creepy fetish.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
ok I mean if that's how it is, non prudes just pee on each other and giggle I guess I'll happily be a prude, not peeing on my gf in the shower or gettin peed on

Y'all weird

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You have very weird priorities if you think not wanting to get pissed on makes you a prude

seek help

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 24, 2016

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

smdh at all the weird prudes in this topic who don't poo poo in their multiple partners' mouths while showering with all the people in their open relationship.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The Pissbitch Strikes Back

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Carrion Luggage posted:

vast majority of non prude people pee on each other and laugh rather than post on reddit about it

What? Guess I'm a grumpy prude.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Carrion Luggage posted:

Until you discover the wonders of silicone lube. This also vastly improves pool and Jacuzzi fun.

watersports is fun too but different strokes etc.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Ranma Fan Art posted:

how are so many incompatible people married to each other what a world we live in

It's a world where getting married is expected after dating for X years and just "the thing you do" and the automatic next step, regardless of how poo poo is actually going.
A wedding and some rings is the goal, not the relationship it involves or the legal aspects.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Now I have to tell my wife that we're prudes with boring sex lives because we won't piss on each other.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Dear god are you guys still talking about pissing in the shower?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Guess that age!

posted:

Friend (30f) is blaming me (29f) for her hook up / regret

A friend just got out of a bad relationship and wanted to hook up with a guy. And she asked me if that's wrong. I told her she should do what makes her happy and I'd have her back whether she does or not.
After she hooked up with him, she regretted it. She told another mutual friend that I had encouraged her to hook up with the guy which I never did. They were already hanging out and she already told me her intentions with him were not serious.
I'm just annoyed that she's going around telling people that I encouraged something I didn't do.

Tldr: friend hooked up with a guy then regretted it, then told everyone I encouraged her even tho I never did. What should I do? I feel like poo poo

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

corn on the cop posted:

I [24f] just got a look at my boyfriend's [25m] relationship with his mother [in her 50s] and it's giving me doubts about getting engaged next year.

To me the funniest thing about this post is the gf calling the 50-something mother 'elderly'. Jesus, honey, don't throw the woman in a home just yet. She's not even old enough to retire.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Scudworth posted:

Guess that age!

Was this not an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S?

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Me (27m) with my gf of 4 years (26f), my neighbor has a strong suspicion she cheated and it adds up, idk what to do?

quote:

Tl;Dr neighbor heard my dog barking for like an hour, he knocked on my door, gf answered flustered and said she had to put him in a room temporarily and then an hr later sees her getting into a coworkers car and leaving
Yesterday my neighbor told me he thought my girlfriend cheated. We don't live together but she visits often and has a spare key. On Wednesday around mid day he heard my dog, a Labrador barking like crazy, my dog never barks for very long and especially not inside. He also adores my girlfriend so my neighbor was really concerned and knocked on my apartment door. She answered the door and apparently looked really red in the face. To quote him 'she looked like someone who'd been having sex not a couple minutes ago'.
He asked if everything was okay and she said yes, that she brought me something for Christmas and was setting it up but had to put my dog in a spare room while she handled it. He asked if she needed some help but she said no and shut the door.
My dog continued barking for another hour and then an hour later my girlfriend was getting into a strange car with some other man, both dressed like they were heading to the office. He said she was wearing a shirt and shorts when she answered the door. There's also nothing, anywhere in my apartment that has anything she could have set up for me and my Labrador is friendly enough, even with strangers that if some new person comes into my apartment he doesn't bark for ages.
I know it was her coworker from the car description, a new guy of about 7 months who has been hanging with her and her coworkers on Fridays and we've even met quite a few times. poo poo, I bought this rear end in a top hat a beer. I really, really want to believe she didn't cheat but it seems the most likely thing to have happened. My place is also not 15 minutes from where she works so it makes sense she wouldn't pay for a motel room or even go an hour away to hers if she wanted to do that.
Does it sound like she cheated? What do you all think? I don't know how to even start dealing with this potential nasty mess.
Relax, buddy, I'm sure she and her coworker were just planning you a nice surprise party.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Giraffe posted:

Me (27m) with my gf of 4 years (26f), my neighbor has a strong suspicion she cheated and it adds up, idk what to do?

Relax, buddy, I'm sure she and her coworker were just planning you a nice surprise party.

I wonder if he washed his sheets before posting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

Misadventures of a Poly Lez: Keeping it Professional

So, I'm hoping to get some advice from y'all. And I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

I [F, 26] have fallen for my coworker [F, 26]. However, the situation is complicated by the fact that she is quickly becoming a good friend as well. We frequently hang out after work and on weekends.

Now, for the real problems:

First, she's straight. Or at least she's pretty sure she is. She often laments about not having any cute guys around.

Second, I'm in a 6+ plus relationship. Both me and my partner [F, 28] are polyamorous, so outside relationships are not a problem for us. However, that's often a hang up for people who are really just looking for their "one and only."

Third, our work has a vague yet threatening "fraternization policy," which probably only applies to managers and subordinates, but is scary enough to make people think twice when considering dating coworkers.

So, basically, what this girl seems to want is a cute, single boy who is not a coworker. Three things I am not.

I'm struggling with that fact that I see her 8+ hours a day (I sit right next to her), and that we're friends outside of work, so we're a lot more casual with each other, even at work.

I am so torn. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure I have no shot with her, and I don't want to soil both a good friendship and a good professional relationship. On the other hand...I've fallen hard for her. And we all know how compelling that can be.

Please advise.

tl;dr Fell for my presumably straight, presumably monogamous coworker, who is also a friend. I'm poly, lesbian, and in a relationship. Not sure what to do.

i love ones like this where there isn't even an actual problem that needs solving. you have a crush, get over it. you're not gonna make your coworker interested in women and/or being a side-piece in a polyamorous relationship just by wishing really hard.