Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I was going to use those stacked up trust moogles when suddenly, where is my Zidane? Did I ever even get him? :smith: might have been on a reroll test
Ludmille for Dualcast? Ring of Lucii? Excalibur? Magistral Crest? Make room for the 30 Gigantaur package another way and save it for the day I get that damned dirty ape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

KataraniSword posted:

Chiz is mildly less likely to fall over from the Blizzaga/Aeroga spam, yes. Getting her to chain with mages is kind of fiddly, tho.

If you're chaining phantom shadow with meteor/ultima.. the way I do it is to cast those spells, then count to 6 before firing it off. If you dual cast them, it'll chain with both at the beginning and end of phantom shadow! :) (this window gets bigger if you have dual wield on chizuru)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MohShuvuu posted:

For those of you farming ELT and have me on your list, would you prefer:

or

Chizuru will have Diablos.

Exdeath. Chain all of the Firagas.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm not surprised that people are having trouble with this event considering how many of my friends are using ifrit and no fire weapons.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MrLonghair posted:

I was going to use those stacked up trust moogles when suddenly, where is my Zidane? Did I ever even get him? :smith: might have been on a reroll test
Ludmille for Dualcast? Ring of Lucii? Excalibur? Magistral Crest? Make room for the 30 Gigantaur package another way and save it for the day I get that damned dirty ape?

If it's not Dual Wield, it's Dualcast.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i had a 6 gold 11 pull and did like 15 more ticket pulls and never got mercedes

shalnark
Nov 17, 2014

baram. posted:

i had a 6 gold 11 pull and did like 15 more ticket pulls and never got mercedes

seeing how long you've been playing baram can't imagine why you'd need her. TM I guess ?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
someone give Mercedes doublehand so she can wield that axe properly

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So there a trick to killing the boxes in 1 turn?

I was able to do ELT but thats because I got lucky and Death Failed to hit anything. I did more damage spamming Meteor's and chaining Crushing Blow than Chaining Firaga's and Whale Light's Fire strike thingy.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Shoenin posted:

I was able to do ELT but thats because I got lucky and Death Failed to hit anything. I did more damage spamming Meteor's and chaining Crushing Blow than Chaining Firaga's and Whale Light's Fire strike thingy.

I run exdeath chiz Cecil Refia and noctis and either a lightning or noctis friend and so far I haven't had much trouble taking down the boxes turn 1. Boost with Refia and Cecil, double Meteor with ex, phantom with chiz and flame flask with noctis. Double flask if the friend unit is noctis otherwise heat sink or we it is for lightning. None of my guys have fancy tms or anything but it's been enough to get the job done. I usually can't kill the snowman till turn 3 though. Having 2 healers has helped me a ton when that thing drops like 4 AoE spells in my face turn 1 and hits for 4 grand

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What to 6* next question.: Exdeath or Cheez.? Already have 2 6* Ex's but they're the only 6* damage mages I have (are there any others yet anyway). As for Cheez I have already have 2 Lightnings, Butz, Mercedes, and Draculaswell at 6. Leaning towards Ex #3, but not in a rush.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KDdidit posted:

What to 6* next question.: Exdeath or Cheez.? Already have 2 6* Ex's but they're the only 6* damage mages I have (are there any others yet anyway). As for Cheez I have already have 2 Lightnings, Butz, Mercedes, and Draculaswell at 6. Leaning towards Ex #3, but not in a rush.

Chizuru will effectively replace Bartz as long as you have a good katana for her, though whether she's better than Dracula Swell or not is debatable. Exdeath, on the other hand, is great for arena. Instant victory: just apply meteors.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Welp, over 200 games and finally lost one thanks to double turn horseshit.

oh well, hopefully I get to be some 700 atk noctis' guy's buddy that I found randomly

E2: And another loss thanks to Double Turn horseshit. This of course do to someone having all 3 of Lightning, Luneth, and Noctis while having a Refia as leader, with Meteor on the side.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 24, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Vault of hidden Treasures will be available from 27.12 to 5.01

Whatever it is I hope it's Maze 2.0

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Aaaaaaaaaand Bediled :v:

...then I burned a ticket, because gently caress it

Not sure if I'll use her but she's kinda adorable.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Same. Got her yesterday and don't plan on rolling for the rest of this banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok game, 3 zidanes is enough I think. No seriously, i dont need more.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Yeah you do, those are great for Mages too. Dual wield all the Omnirods.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got my first Ludmille today. Well, she's second priority after I finish with Zidane.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I have 5 Zidanes now. I don't think I really need 5, since a healer is probably better off with a shield than holding 2 spirit rods.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My healer cant even equip anything. And I dont think Id want my tank to equip two things even if hes using a winged guardian

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
427140992 ExDeath 665 MAG 22 slots

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Noctis Kefka Arc Arc ExDeath

Only RNG stands between me and reliably doing ELT Frostwhore

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Daily pull - Gold into Rainbow! Time to get trolled...

White Knight Noel?! Okay, I'm done pulling on this banner. The past few days I've gotten a Noctis, Santa Roselia and now this. RIP my chances at TG Cid.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I'm thinking of benching Black Cat Cid.

I have no TM's at all on anyone, she's using the thunder hammer and about halfway through spitting out the cat ears.

I've finished the story so far, haven't done any trials. Probably going to replace her with Mercedes, the other party members being Arc Refia Faris Cloud of Darkness.

I also need to swap in ExDeath for Arc eventually.

Is abusing Hex Strike still going to be useful in future events or story missions? Feels like most bosses are immune now.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
So I'm about to start TM farming, and among other things I have 3x Zidane and 2x Ludmille, is it better to get all my dual wield / casts out the way first or better to get just one and some gear / materia too alongside it?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vadun posted:

I'm thinking of benching Black Cat Cid.

I have no TM's at all on anyone, she's using the thunder hammer and about halfway through spitting out the cat ears.

I've finished the story so far, haven't done any trials. Probably going to replace her with Mercedes, the other party members being Arc Refia Faris Cloud of Darkness.

I also need to swap in ExDeath for Arc eventually.

Is abusing Hex Strike still going to be useful in future events or story missions? Feels like most bosses are immune now.

Just don't sell her or fuse her? I mean, you can always bring her back if she trivializes another boss.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Gonna vent a bit because apparently that leads to good pulls. I'm up to 100+ pulls since starting in November. My current lineup is Ceceil, Refia, Bartz, ExTree, and Argias/Krile depending. I have zero dual wield/dual cast TMR units. Bartz and Medius are my only 6* physical DD units.

I can't complain too much cause I can handle 99% of all the current content but I rely HEAVILY on whale friends.

Got double owned today too. 1/2 pull is regular Roselia. Gold pull on Noctis banner is Terra. FML.

All I want for Christmas is a Mercedes. Or a Cheesewhiz. Just something to throw a little damage.

Please Nuffle hear my pathetic F2P RNG prayers.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason to keep multiples of Tellah, Firion, or Black Cat Lid? I've got four of each, trying to trim down my unitblidt, and their TMs don't seem so great I'd want multiples, and I also don't think they're so high priority if want to run them all at once to grind them out faster.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

So I'm about to start TM farming, and among other things I have 3x Zidane and 2x Ludmille, is it better to get all my dual wield / casts out the way first or better to get just one and some gear / materia too alongside it?

Kind of depends on what gear or materia TMs you also have access to. Also what is your mage team like? Do you really need a 2nd dual cast right now? I did one for my refia and am holding off on 2&3 until it gets closer to Kefka's 6*.

I'd go with something like Excalibur/Deathbringer, Blade Mastery,Dual Wield, Dual Wield, Dual Cast.

CyberLord XP posted:

Gonna vent a bit because apparently that leads to good pulls. I'm up to 100+ pulls since starting in November. My current lineup is Ceceil, Refia, Bartz, ExTree, and Argias/Krile depending. I have zero dual wield/dual cast TMR units. Bartz and Medius are my only 6* physical DD units.

I can't complain too much cause I can handle 99% of all the current content but I rely HEAVILY on whale friends.

Got double owned today too. 1/2 pull is regular Roselia. Gold pull on Noctis banner is Terra. FML.

All I want for Christmas is a Mercedes. Or a Cheesewhiz. Just something to throw a little damage.

Please Nuffle hear my pathetic F2P RNG prayers.

Exdeath would be mighty happy with Ultima, there are far worse things you could have pulled.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 24, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Palleon posted:

Is there any reason to keep multiples of Tellah, Firion, or Black Cat Lid? I've got four of each, trying to trim down my unitblidt, and their TMs don't seem so great I'd want multiples, and I also don't think they're so high priority if want to run them all at once to grind them out faster.

Firion gets real good, but he's needs a ton of TMs to be REAL good. It will probably be difficult to gear two well, so I think you're safe to smoosh them. His TM isn't really that good, so there's no reason to keep multiples for that.

Tellah is a good mage, but if you can already field a mage team, like for this event, you probably don't need the multiples. MP +30% is pretty good, but you've probably got a lot more of more value to TM. This one is your call.

BCLid, that's a hard one, because you're likely to never be able to get them again. Depends on how many do you have, I guess? I have two, just in case. I wouldn't smoosh them, because of the rarity and the unique skill

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Shoenin posted:

If you can't kill the boxes in 1 turn, bringing along a Noctis friend to use Fire Flask will almost definitely put them to sleep. I think I've only had two boxes stay awake total in my dozen+ runs, and it was both in the same run.

edit: Four Tellahs could be a fun Arena gimmick when black magic is banned because Recall is an ability, not a spell :v:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I frequently kill Frosty before the boxes. But then Elza kind of helps with the single target.

I'm almost exclusively bringing along Noctis friends to sleep the boxes, and failing that, sleeping and single-target killing them down if the Noctis friend isn't the greatest.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Go RV! posted:

Firion gets real good, but he's needs a ton of TMs to be REAL good. It will probably be difficult to gear two well, so I think you're safe to smoosh them. His TM isn't really that good, so there's no reason to keep multiples for that.

Tellah is a good mage, but if you can already field a mage team, like for this event, you probably don't need the multiples. MP +30% is pretty good, but you've probably got a lot more of more value to TM. This one is your call.

BCLid, that's a hard one, because you're likely to never be able to get them again. Depends on how many do you have, I guess? I have two, just in case. I wouldn't smoosh them, because of the rarity and the unique skill

I've got four exdeath and 3 Kefka so Tellah seems super obsolete to me.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

PaybackJack posted:

Kind of depends on what gear or materia TMs you also have access to. Also what is your mage team like? Do you really need a 2nd dual cast right now? I did one for my refia and am holding off on 2&3 until it gets closer to Kefka's 6*.

I'd go with something like Excalibur/Deathbringer, Blade Mastery,Dual Wield, Dual Wield, Dual Cast.

Exdeath would be mighty happy with Ultima, there are far worse things you could have pulled.

So I think, going through my units, I have 2x lockes to supplement my CoD, or a miyuki and chiz to get katana + blade mastery, I also have a refi who wants dual cast.

So the best TM loadout currently would be Zidane+Ludmille and then pick 3 of Zidane2/miyuki/chizuru/locke1/locke2 depending on whoever is the better unit with TMs.

I also have a luneth and agrias, whose TMs compliment eachother nicely but he is already equipped with enhancer / vernard and I think the other characters will get more use out of some TMs

Tiger Millionaire fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 24, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Palleon posted:

I've got four exdeath and 3 Kefka so Tellah seems super obsolete to me.

Yeah, Tellah needs to be sent back to the old folks home. If he ever gets a sixth star he might compete with ExDeath if you can put a dualcast on him. Raise is always a useful skill to have, especially if you have no Refia.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah, Tellah needs to be sent back to the old folks home. If he ever gets a sixth star he might compete with ExDeath if you can put a dualcast on him. Raise is always a useful skill to have, especially if you have no Refia.

I just grabbed Refia last week so yeah, that's why I'm struggling to justify the space. I mean, I'll keep my one, he's still useful, but don't need 4. I've got 140 units, I'm never grinding out that TM.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Why are people going all in this week? Shouldn't next week be more efficient? I guess it'd be worth it if you get near a breakpoint for rank but I doubt I'll go over the 12k points necessary for the moogle. At least in other farm events you could spend excess gears or whatever on mats or sell them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Why are people going all in this week? Shouldn't next week be more efficient? I guess it'd be worth it if you get near a breakpoint for rank but I doubt I'll go over the 12k points necessary for the moogle. At least in other farm events you could spend excess gears or whatever on mats or sell them.

Do we know if the rates are going up? Cause if they are I'll abandon this and start grinding my tms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
do we know if they're adding another set of rewards after 12k?

• Locked thread