Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Palleon posted:

I just grabbed Refia last week so yeah, that's why I'm struggling to justify the space. I mean, I'll keep my one, he's still useful, but don't need 4. I've got 140 units, I'm never grinding out that TM.

How many units is everyone sitting on?

I'm at 169/200 because I just had to clear some space to take those 30x Gigantuars from the event rewards. Of those my most common unit is Shantotto(15) followed by Kain(10). Yes, someday I will build that gimmick team of 5 dualwielding Gungnir Kains.

Tagichatn posted:

Why are people going all in this week? Shouldn't next week be more efficient? I guess it'd be worth it if you get near a breakpoint for rank but I doubt I'll go over the 12k points necessary for the moogle. At least in other farm events you could spend excess gears or whatever on mats or sell them.

I want to get all the summon tickets to spend them on the Noctis banner. I'd rather have Noctis or Mercedes than any of the people on the current banner. I'm not really going all in though, I've made like 21 total runs.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm at 249/250 with 100 gigantaurs from the last event

no room for all the extra units from this event

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fenrir posted:

Aaaaaaaaaand Bediled :v:

...then I burned a ticket, because gently caress it

Not sure if I'll use her but she's kinda adorable.

I have her at 6* and in the 70s after feeding her the 30 gigantaurs but honestly without any sort of cheer/focus buff or raise she's really only going to be useful as a tanky secondary healer. But Cecil can already do that he just lacks esuna. I'm very torn on her because her counter stuff is cool but ultimately she's of very questionable use due to lacking the ability to be a full on healer.

PaybackJack posted:

Kind of depends on what gear or materia TMs you also have access to. Also what is your mage team like? Do you really need a 2nd dual cast right now? I did one for my refia and am holding off on 2&3 until it gets closer to Kefka's 6*.

I'd go with something like Excalibur/Deathbringer, Blade Mastery,Dual Wield, Dual Wield, Dual Cast.

Exdeath would be mighty happy with Ultima, there are far worse things you could have pulled.

Exdeath gets Meteor natively in his 6* form. He doesn't need ultima at all.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Dual cast on Cecil is pretty drat nice. Being able to cast a Bar spell and a heal on the same turn or double curaja is so so good. I have Dualcast on him and refia both.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Dualcast Noctis would be top Arena dicking

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I ended up finally getting a rainbow crystal from a ticket on the Noctis banner. Five star Rydia. Great. What a savings. Merry Christmas.

But uh my luck being Noctis free on that banner despite about sixty tickets, seven daily pulls, and an eleven pull means I'm guaranteed a Orlandu right? That's how luck works?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Dualcast Noctis would be top Arena dicking

He has no spells though. All of his abilities are abilities.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I ended up finally getting a rainbow crystal from a ticket on the Noctis banner. Five star Rydia. Great. What a savings. Merry Christmas.

But uh my luck being Noctis free on that banner despite about sixty tickets, seven daily pulls, and an eleven pull means I'm guaranteed a Orlandu right? That's how luck works?

I feel you bro. Lets share our delusions that THIS TIME will be the time we get a base 5*

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A rank 36 with Cecil lead and team of 4x Luneth + Gilgamesh.

Okay there buddy.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The role of Charlotte becoming the majority of all pulls has now been replaced by Ingus.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

did anyone get mismatched product id and have any luck getting in touch with support? sent a ticket the 21st and nothing so far.

i think this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Exdeath gets Meteor natively in his 6* form. He doesn't need ultima at all.

He doesn't NEED it per say, but that's still a damage bump and he's got plenty of mana. Either way, that's not a bad TM to pull, if the rest of your MAG team is someone like Arc then that's pretty helpful.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Running out of 6* upgrade materials. Would you awaken a 2nd Chiruzu, 2nd Cecil, or 1st Snow? I don't have any TM gear so I'd be limited to equipping an 80 and 60 atk katana. Chaining the lvl 100 ability seems like it could be awesome though. Snow would get the atk/def fist from the last event, and I hear that Cecil/Snow can combine to make a really good cover combo?

Also I got my first Edgars recently, is chainsaw meta still a "thing"? I have no 5* bases so I'm always looking for ways to create arena and event damage output.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

Running out of 6* upgrade materials. Would you awaken a 2nd Chiruzu, 2nd Cecil, or 1st Snow? I don't have any TM gear so I'd be limited to equipping an 80 and 60 atk katana. Chaining the lvl 100 ability seems like it could be awesome though. Snow would get the atk/def fist from the last event, and I hear that Cecil/Snow can combine to make a really good cover combo?

Also I got my first Edgars recently, is chainsaw meta still a "thing"? I have no 5* bases so I'm always looking for ways to create arena and event damage output.

I don't know under what scenario you'd want a second Cecil or even one Snow in a lineup unless you want to have the douchiest arena team ever. Go with Chiruzu, at least multiple strong attackers has a purpose.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

baram. posted:

did anyone get mismatched product id and have any luck getting in touch with support? sent a ticket the 21st and nothing so far.

i think this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I sent email both ingame and via gumi's website and still nothing. if i dont hear anything in one week im contacting amazon for a refund.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

The role of Charlotte becoming the majority of all pulls has now been replaced by Ingus.

Just for the hell of it, I burned a ticket on the generic rare banner. Still got Charlotte.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

Just for the hell of it, I burned a ticket on the generic rare banner. Still got Charlotte.

I'm sitting at 95% TM with Charlotte and my luck at pulling her has dried up. :argh:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

if only you could dw shields

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have her at 6* and in the 70s after feeding her the 30 gigantaurs but honestly without any sort of cheer/focus buff or raise she's really only going to be useful as a tanky secondary healer. But Cecil can already do that he just lacks esuna. I'm very torn on her because her counter stuff is cool but ultimately she's of very questionable use due to lacking the ability to be a full on healer.

Yeah, I don't really see myself using her. Especially not when I have Cecil and a Refia stuffed full with HP/DEF pots. If anything I was just happy to roll her because the sprite is cute.

Also, y'all talking about multiple Tellahs might wanna reconsider torching them - if we ever get 6* Tilith you might want some of that MP from his TM.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

they really need to release some good mage units so i can use all these mag pots

already maxed out ramza

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

they really need to release some good mage units so i can use all these mag pots

already maxed out ramza

Exdeath?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Got some spots open with a 576 ATK Noctis on Diabolos if anyone needs a decent friend unit for the event: 922033238

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

m.hache posted:

Exdeath?

Also Kefka if they want to play the long game.

Mages aren't great compared to melee in the long run though. Majin, Dragonlord, and maybe Esper Terra are decent but they're nowhere near the level of Orlandu/Tidus/Vertias/etc.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
2 slots left if you need a friend:

Make sure you have something goony in your username or greeting or I'll toss it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Today on my daily pull I met an old friend. Hello, Bedile.

Blessed by the Bedile of Happiness, I used a few tickets to see if I could get anything. My results were:

Santa Roselia
Penelo
Lani
Alma #3
Gilbert #2

Santa Roselia is kinda nice, not a replacement for Refia and I'll probably never use her, but I like her anyway. Penelo and Lani just went to the "5% closer to their TM" pile. Alma helping get a faster robe is nice. And honestly, now that I have a second one, I probably will end up TMing Gilbert. I know, I know, harps suck, but I have Ramza and I still have never pulled an Ingus, and I'm sure as hell not spending 200 quarts for Equip Rod.

Also I met the absolute most annoying Noctis imaginable in the arena today. I won the battle, but I had to waste all 10 rounds doing it. He had at least one of Sazh's TM, maybe more if it stacks. All I know is CoD using Barrage with DW (so 8 hits) could only hit him 1 time at best every time she used it, if she hit at all, so he was obviously stacked for evasion. On top of that, he had a ribbon, or at least gear that prevented poison and possibly petrify. My entire team except Refia and CoD were stopped, and Noctis kept spamming Blizzard Flask. Refia could heal every round, so he couldn't KO any of my team, but I couldn't bring him down either, since he dodged everything and even if I did manage to hit him, he'd just heal up with his counter. I KO'd all the rest of his party members so I won, but it was the most annoying win.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Today on my daily pull I met an old friend. Hello, Bedile.

Blessed by the Bedile of Happiness, I used a few tickets to see if I could get anything. My results were:

Santa Roselia
Penelo
Lani
Alma #3
Gilbert #2

Santa Roselia is kinda nice, not a replacement for Refia and I'll probably never use her, but I like her anyway. Penelo and Lani just went to the "5% closer to their TM" pile. Alma helping get a faster robe is nice. And honestly, now that I have a second one, I probably will end up TMing Gilbert. I know, I know, harps suck, but I have Ramza and I still have never pulled an Ingus, and I'm sure as hell not spending 200 quarts for Equip Rod.

Also I met the absolute most annoying Noctis imaginable in the arena today. I won the battle, but I had to waste all 10 rounds doing it. He had at least one of Sazh's TM, maybe more if it stacks. All I know is CoD using Barrage with DW (so 8 hits) could only hit him 1 time at best every time she used it, if she hit at all, so he was obviously stacked for evasion. On top of that, he had a ribbon, or at least gear that prevented poison and possibly petrify. My entire team except Refia and CoD were stopped, and Noctis kept spamming Blizzard Flask. Refia could heal every round, so he couldn't KO any of my team, but I couldn't bring him down either, since he dodged everything and even if I did manage to hit him, he'd just heal up with his counter. I KO'd all the rest of his party members so I won, but it was the most annoying win.

I spent my 2 tickets and got Duane and Penelo! I do love pulling all these great units! I'm almost 1/2 way to Bioga Blade and like 90% to Equip S Sword!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Palleon posted:

I don't know under what scenario you'd want a second Cecil or even one Snow in a lineup unless you want to have the douchiest arena team ever. Go with Chiruzu, at least multiple strong attackers has a purpose.

You just gave me a great idea for when I run into a surplus of cactaurs and no other units to drop them on. An arena team with some combination of my:

Cecil x 4
Snow x 2
Demon Rain

Seriously, that Demon Rain is my only rainbow crystal ever and I've never used him since I have Cecil and had to focus on magic damage teams.

Also, Tellah has the versatility in the arena of being able to heal, raise, or chain any -aga with my 3 Exdeaths. He fills in well while I'm leveling that 4th Exdeath.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Benthalus posted:

You just gave me a great idea for when I run into a surplus of cactaurs and no other units to drop them on. An arena team with some combination of my:

Cecil x 4
Snow x 2
Demon Rain

Seriously, that Demon Rain is my only rainbow crystal ever and I've never used him since I have Cecil and had to focus on magic damage teams.

The best tank team, assuming no dupes, would be:

Cecil
WoL (6*, when we get it)
Snow
Demon Rain
Noel

Everything would get covered, and the stuff that wouldn't get covered would get countered.

Come to think of it, Noel's probably a drat demon in arena.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Come to think of it, Noel's probably a drat demon in arena.

The skill layouts on Noel and Roselia both look like they were designed for the arena first and foremost. Though there's probably going to be some trials and other hard fights where getting Roselia's 2 turn 100% element resist counter to trigger will be a godsend.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gumi just gave me 5 tickets as a Christmas present.

Unexpected. Thank you Gumi.

(I mean, it's the less you could do.)

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Went on a mini summoning spree with the free tickets after getting another Medius from the daily
1.) Rydia
2.) Shantotto
3.) Hayate
4.) CHIZURU

THANK YOU.
I'll take that as my Christmas present, sure.
Took 63 summons but I finally got her.

Edit: Forgot I also got a Hayate.

Trilin fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 25, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

My holiday pulls:

1/2 Medius (give me all you got, I want another egg)
Hayate #4 (this will make getting that 2nd Black Cowl that much easier)
Galuf
Zidane #3(well time to toss him on the TM squad again, just finished #2 last week)
Penelo (already did her TM so :bye:)
Charlotte
Charlotte

Not too sad about 2 more Charlottes as I'm knocking out her TM today with the 5 I already have.

Overall, great! Still no Noctis but c'est la vie.

Bonus festive gift box pulls:

Lani
Locke(#3, will make getting that 2nd Rising sun that much easier)

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 25, 2016

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Eight tickets. A blue crystal. Turns to yellow. Turns to rainbow!!!! Leo. Then my last ticket, a rainbow, again!!! Could it be!?!? Freya!

Three rainbows on this Noctis banner and none were a base five star. I did get a second Hayate though, so that might be good.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
against my better judgement, I went on another ticket spree on the Noctis Banner.

3* Charlotte
3* Rydia
3* Firion
3* Amarant
4* Mercedes

Ok, I got who I namely wanted off this banner, Ill now quit while Im ahead. Gumi's christmas present to me was an axe wielding pirate chick in a bikini. I am ok with this.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 25, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i used my daily ticket + the 5 free + the 2 from the bundle and received a bunch of mostly all right stuff. on the noctis banner i now have received hope, vanille, and sazh, none of which i pulled on banner or during the ffxiii event at all. i actually have pulled another fang too but i had a million of those during the event. still missing snow and lightning

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Still no Noctis for me :shrug: by the way, anyone else not seeing the +SPR and other bonuses on the christmas gear? Just the defense. The lovely, lovely defense.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Noct banner: Fang, Shadow, Galuf

Holiday banner: Gilbert, a third Arc (actually fifth, had I kept two from Arc's release)

After the luck that was Noctis I'm back to normal.

e: ran numbers to see what Firelance + Diabolos's demonkiller would do for my Noct, 18% more damage out of Link, 14% more damage out of Fireflask. Even for my F2P non-TM rear end it's worth switching.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 25, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
One more done. Only 57 to go :negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

8 tickets and no Bediles or Shadows...it's a Christmas miracle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Got eight tickets, using them on Noctis banner until I pull a banner guy

#1: 3* Galuf
#2: 3* Celes - I don't have one
#3: 3* Regular Roselia
#4: 3* Edgar
#5: 3* Regular Roselia #2
#6: 4* Locke - first one
#7: Bediled - actually only the third I've pulled since starting the game.
#8: 3* Tellah - first one

Jeez it's gonna be a long time until I get that third rainbow.

• Locked thread