Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I liked the part where he got gay married. Very progressive imo

spoilers. gently caress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the bedford incident is a good retelling of moby dick but without all the lame poo poo in the book

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and by good I mean its not good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its one of those movies where if you take into account that its old as poo poo, and was made back in the day that its still a bad movie

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i am loving craving a big ham and cheese omlete with salsa on the side holy poo poo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

drat do those infinity engine hand-painted backgrounds look better than ever in hi-res! :swoon:

wait did they ever make a PST:enhanced edition, cause if so im gonna score that ish rn and play the thru the whole thing in one felt swoop fkn a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdF9YSS1GiI

WCCTNOAM

petit choux posted:

Merry Christmas everybody. Yes, I love your newest addition to your sig, LG. Glad you're having some character-building experiences up there Baloogan. With you in spirit. :-) Here I am just making breakfast for my wife, degenerate that I am.

Here is a fav. Really reminds me of some of those french novels I read as a kid, Andre Gide, Sartre. This is the guy in the end of Gide's "The Immoralist," and this is where the protagonist in "The Stranger" makes his fateful decision to "kill an Arab." The last stanza there is the best:

I'm a prisoner here, I can never go home
And there's nothing here either to win or lose
And there are no choices to be made at all
Not even the choice of having to choose

Well, I'm a prisoner here, yes, but I'm also free
'Cause what I am's what I am and what will be will be
Yeah, I'm a prisoner here but I'm also free
And I smile and sip my opium tea.

And in my mind's eye, I see Nick performing this in some tired old dance hall in England, with old people dancing, dressed in suits and evening dresses.

Merry Christmas and if y'all are around later this evening, I'll probably be looking for company, probably want to watch the People's Movie later too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rRXu3xd4k

ahhh yes i used to listen to that all the time while drinking to said beverage back in the early lost and delirious :obama: daze *tosses dirham at u*

happy holidays to u and urs!

crazy cloud posted:

oh poo poo is it existentialist philo chat in the chat thread time? neat. what we got other than camus. I am rereading Moby Dick and having a great time w it ::cheers:

ESKIMO

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Baloogan posted:

the bedford incident is a good retelling of moby dick but without all the lame poo poo in the book

Does it still have all the gay sex in it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

i am loving craving a big

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

drat do those infinity engine hand-painted backgrounds look better than ever in hi-res! :swoon:

wait did they ever make a PST:enhanced edition, cause if so im gonna score that ish rn and play the thru the whole thing in one felt swoop fkn a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdF9YSS1GiI

WCCTNOAM

ahhh yes i used to listen to that all the time while drinking to said beverage back in the early lost and delirious :obama: daze *tosses dirham at u*

happy holidays to u and urs!

ESKIMO

Holy poo poo lol I have never seen Heathers so I had to google n lmao 😂😂😂😂🚽👷🎷🎂

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Loogan you never should have watched the movie. And you suck for trying to measure it against the bedford incident, they're totally different genres. It really was the earliest modern novel I've read so far and clearly where Pynchon got a lot of inspiration.

And maybe it was KimDeal that had that pic of some child reading philosophy and smoking. That was me around 35 years ago.
And that Myth of Sisyphus passage is great! I still haven't gotten around to the Fruits of the Earth, if you want to talk about that kind of stuff.

Got to wrap some presents now. Cheers!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

FakeEd: Here's what I got for Christmas:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

kinda its a little fiddly but if ya can follow some step by steps you can get it going. you get the gog.com version then follow these guides. its actually kinda fun, reminds me of installing mods itno pc games back in tha day

https://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

:q:

merry christmas everybody

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

petit choux posted:

Loogan you never should have watched the movie. And you suck for trying to measure it against the bedford incident, they're totally different genres. It really was the earliest modern novel I've read so far and clearly where Pynchon got a lot of inspiration.

And maybe it was KimDeal that had that pic of some child reading philosophy and smoking. That was me around 35 years ago.
And that Myth of Sisyphus passage is great! I still haven't gotten around to the Fruits of the Earth, if you want to talk about that kind of stuff.

Got to wrap some presents now. Cheers!

No I think that was that was Mariana Horchata who posted it but I gotcha....

Happy holidays from K&K d :h:

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4WrdUyf7Y

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

KIND OF A KIM DEAL has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Dec 24, 2016

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

moby dick is the great american novel dude
its trumps blueprint to make america great again
and you hate it :unsmigghh:`

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

moby dick is the great american novel dude
its trumps blueprint to make america great again
and you hate it :unsmigghh:`

wtf? catch 22 is the great american novel dude

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
*wrong*

like literally read 1 chapter and if it's not the nite crewest poo poo u ever seen I'll you a scoffing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wtf catch22 is aboslutely the most nite crew book ever written and gently caress you if you don't think so

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
catch-22 is normiecore shite for little tucker carlson types in bowties sorry

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
catch-22 is the evan mcmullin of favorite books is what i am,saying

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wow im triggered

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

wow im triggered

TRUMP! 👌🎻happy jesus about to shoot out of the lady in the barn day

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
catch-22 is 'good' in the same way that green day is 'good' because maybe u can show it to your weird cloistered nephew who thinks acoustic guitar is too heavy for jesus and it starts him on the path to actual good things

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i'm streaming movies and putting beer inside me until i'm not concious anymore

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

catch-22 is 'good' in the same way that green day is 'good' because maybe u can show it to your weird cloistered nephew who thinks acoustic guitar is too heavy for jesus and it starts him on the path to actual good things

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what i remember about catch 22 is the one lady kept rubbing her thighs together? thighs are nice

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Catch-22 is good.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

ok i'm up again i'ma stream christmas movies when i get back from picking up christmas "trees"

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

crazy cloud posted:

catch-22 is normiecore shite for little tucker carlson types in bowties sorry

I'm actually Tucker Carlson

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yossarian-22 posted:

I'm actually Tucker Carlson

*stuffs u into a locker and then pisses thru the lil ventgrille* cuck, err, failson

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Also I'm not Normiecore but Normcore, i.e. I enjoy the work of Norm Mcdonald

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry, all is forgiven, hail Norm. namaste

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

plz do not knock down catch 22.... it owns

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

wtf catch22 is aboslutely the most nite crew book ever written and gently caress you if you don't think so

lol you never read flann obrien

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

plz do not knock down catch 22.... it owns
isnt donald trump in closing time

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My present for you all: I lost the game

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I've never seen nor read catch 22

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
The relatives have left for the night. No major arguments and no one mentioned Tromp. Cards against humanity was threatened but not committed, so I'm relieved

And I scored a pound of chocolate truffles. All and all A Good Night

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

yopost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i only read subtitles from ted talks tbh

• Locked thread