Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
happy festivus, thread!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI17rm1QfXs

i'll tldr this so you guys don't die of thorin exposure

PEA has large revenue sharing and bigger prize pools than WESA - so it's strange that the players are shouting down the new league. or, alternatively, they could drop faceit's ECS rather than wesa's EPL - there's no exclusivity with PEA, its only been implied. thorin's big point is that PEA is made up of people who know how to make money and actually capitalize on NA's massive goldmine of money. and that WESA is not a great org to begin with

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

sorry na, you played yourself.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

PEA has large revenue sharing and bigger prize pools than WESA - so it's strange that the players are shouting down the new league. or, alternatively, they could drop faceit's ECS rather than wesa's EPL - there's no exclusivity with PEA, its only been implied. thorin's big point is that PEA is made up of people who know how to make money and actually capitalize on NA's massive goldmine of money. and that WESA is not a great org to begin with

thorin thinks people actually want to watch 40 minutes of him :v:

unsurprising that he is missing the point. PEA is attempting to restrict these players playing opportunities without any input from the players themselves. the players need to unionize so that they have representation when it comes to big decisions like this.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i don't think any of this would've been a big issue if regi didn't fire seangares and try to shake the rest of his players down. My guess is c9 didn't sign any player rights letter because they had either incentives not to do so or because jack talked to them

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

stump collector posted:

That's bullshit. "You can either play in their league or ours" is pretty cut and dry exclusivity.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Crimson posted:

That's bullshit. "You can either play in their league or ours" is pretty cut and dry exclusivity.

whoops

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

stump collector posted:

i don't think any of this would've been a big issue if regi didn't fire seangares and try to shake the rest of his players down. My guess is c9 didn't sign any player rights letter because they had either incentives not to do so or because jack talked to them

C9 is the first group of signatures on the letter.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Is there any competitive CS:GO content upcoming before the ELeague Major? After the flurry of tournaments (and online leagues) of the past couple months, it seems empty for the next month or so.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

henne posted:

C9 is the first group of signatures on the letter.

i cant read

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gilg posted:

Is there any competitive CS:GO content upcoming before the ELeague Major? After the flurry of tournaments (and online leagues) of the past couple months, it seems empty for the next month or so.

You can watch tengri and tyloo play 5th tier Chinese tournaments :)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Gilg posted:

VODs, and in many cases full demos are available over at HLTV.org. Go back to the glory days, when $TEAMNAME was numba won

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gilg posted:

WESG is the 12th - 15th

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/Main_Page

is the best resource

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How long does it take to rank up. I did it once from silver 3 to 4 and the rush is exhilarating but since then I've gotten top or second on my team in points consistently and still nothin

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

How long does it take to rank up. I did it once from silver 3 to 4 and the rush is exhilarating but since then I've gotten top or second on my team in points consistently and still nothin

I think the border between rank groups is really tough to get between. Silver Elite-->Nova1 is really tough, as is Nova 4-->MG1

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

win more than you lose or put together a big win streak

8 wins in a row or a couple more should be enough at any rank

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

You need to be winning 8 out of every 10 games you play to make any significant progress upwards.

I suggest finding one map you like, get really familiar with the angles/smokes/how a round typically plays out, and just drill that until you've clawed into nova

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Anyone tried the Classic Offensive mod that got posted on reddit? I'm going to try it out right now.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/counter-strike-classic-offensive/downloads/counter-strike-classic-offensive-beta-11

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yeah it actually looks pretty cool. Kinda gimmicky, but the idea is intriguing.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

SEM to gold nova 1 took me about 10 games, 9 wins, usually at the top of the team. Since then I've been doing less well and dropped down for like two games, but improved since then and now my opponents are usually gn2-3, so I'm holding out hope for rank up someday.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

A TURGID FATSO posted:

This sucks for sgares no doubt, but holy poo poo does he come off as a real giant pussy in this. "I don't feel safe in your org!" Ugh. Pick up the loving phone, talk to the man, and stand by your actions, dickhead. It really is a problem that he didn't go to their actual org management first. This is going around their back to try and get what they want. It sounds like from those texts that management would have been willing to work with the team if this is the way they had felt all along.

So he's supposed to continue working for someone who wants to fire him at the first chance he gets?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

moush posted:

So he's supposed to continue working for someone who wants to fire him at the first chance he gets?

Yea pretty sure I wouldn't work at a job where my boss had said anything close to that to me.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

moush posted:

yeah, the fact that he pretended to be friendly and chill while issuing veiled threats was pretty typical of a management douche.

this is why as a worker, you straight up do not fraternize with management. be courteous, be civil, but never for a second mistake them for a friend. lines between business and friendship have been blurred for a while in esports, and players have been tricked into thinking they can talk to their org leadership like they aren't management class. I seriously hope this leads to a union, so that both sides get a fair playing field and a clear, delineated, line of communication.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
some semi-pro tool got a vac for christmas

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=173&playerid=10471
http://steamcommunity.com/id/NerdyFTW

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/CLGSubroza/status/812791231004770305

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

moush posted:

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Yea pretty sure I wouldn't work at a job where my boss had said anything close to that to me.

Famethrowa posted:

yeah, the fact that he pretended to be friendly and chill while issuing veiled threats was pretty typical of a management douche.

this is why as a worker, you straight up do not fraternize with management. be courteous, be civil, but never for a second mistake them for a friend. lines between business and friendship have been blurred for a while in esports, and players have been tricked into thinking they can talk to their org leadership like they aren't management class. I seriously hope this leads to a union, so that both sides get a fair playing field and a clear, delineated, line of communication.

The fact that sgares and co. didn't go to management as soon as they got word of PEA's intention of locking them out of other leagues is just as dumb as PEA not being transparent enough in the first place when they said they would have been. There's absolutely no proof that the owner, while absolutely a giant oval office in all respects, wanted to fire sgares at the first chance he got.

Do you know what happens before unions formally announce a strike or a workforce usually bands together against management? They try to negotiate first. This is not what happened and sgares absolutely dug his own grave by going this route. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if TSM takes sgares back onto the line-up after the backlash, because while the players did tarnish the brand in some minimal way, the way management has reacted I think is worse. Even twistzz has said that they are standing by Sean and are not going away silently.

In business there's give and take on both sides. Feel free to call me an idealist, but trying to get a monopoly with an iron fist is not how business should be done or achieved.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about this: be a man and if you have a problem then go talk to the people directly in charge of it and voice your opinions rather than try to be nefarious about the whole situation and do it behind everyone's backs, just like PEA was trying to do in the first place. It's bringing yourself down to their level.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 25, 2016

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sean claims he addressed it with region before, but I'm not about to take his word on that.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The fact that sgares and co. didn't go to management as soon as they got word of PEA's intention of locking them out of other leagues is just as dumb as PEA not being transparent enough in the first place when they said they would have been. There's absolutely no proof that the owner, while absolutely a giant oval office in all respects, wanted to fire sgares at the first chance he got.

Do you know what happens before unions formally announce a strike or a workforce usually bands together against management? They try to negotiate first. This is not what happened and sgares absolutely dug his own grave by going this route. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if TSM takes sgares back onto the line-up after the backlash, because while the players did tarnish the brand in some minimal way, the way management has reacted I think is worse. Even twistzz has said that they are standing by Sean and are not going away silently.

In business there's give and take on both sides. Feel free to call me an idealist, but trying to get a monopoly with an iron fist is not how business should be done or achieved.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about this: be a man and if you have a problem then go talk to the people directly in charge of it and voice your opinions rather than try to be nefarious about the whole situation and do it behind everyone's backs, just like PEA was trying to do in the first place. It's bringing yourself down to their level.

nice victim blaming

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Google Butt posted:

nice victim blaming

Sorry, but if you're too much of a pussy to go to your boss about an issue you have and would rather undercut them I have zero sympathy when you lose your job playing video games.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
unfortunately i think PEA would actually be a much better league to participate in than EPL if they actually raised the amount of money they claimed. the only reason they are upset with the league is that no EU teams have joined on yet. i think it'd be cool if NA dropped EPL and just did PEA, then EU does EPL, then they could invite the top 6 from each league to do a tournament with revenue sharing. i just want to see more money in my dead gay game

stump collector fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 25, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Sorry, but if you're too much of a pussy to go to your boss about an issue you have and would rather undercut them I have zero sympathy when you lose your job playing video games.

we don't know what happened behind the scenes my dude

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Point is, "the he said he said" between players and orgs would be avoided if there was a structured system in place that was more objective.

And yeah, I'm leaning more towards the management being shady. They have the power in this situation.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Doesn't the owner of PEA have a mega shady scam past in esports too?

Also what's that poo poo about: "first moe now this" ?

Did he get a VAC ban too?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

LochNessMonster posted:

Doesn't the owner of PEA have a mega shady scam past in esports too?

Also what's that poo poo about : "first moe now this" ?

Did he get a VAC ban too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaUBtvAOJZk

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That wasn't the clip I expected. There's another one out there somewhere where the reets selling him the cheats are trying to explain to him how to make them work but he's so thick its an uphill struggle. I don't give a poo poo about moe but those clips always interest me because you kind of see the motivation of the cheater and its a topic I totally lack empathy for. Especially in csgo where you should theoretically get to an appropriate rank and have fun/close games against people on your level fairly easily.

e: my bad, headphones plugged into the other pc. Its that exact clip

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 26, 2016

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I got a headset for christmas so I don't have to use laptop speakers anymore. Global elite here I come.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

I got a headset for christmas so I don't have to use laptop speakers anymore. Global elite here I come.

Pshhh. Got a mouse bungee. No more tripping over my cord. Perhaps I should have gotten an AA membership because I usually trip because I'm drinking. Not irl though I swear my character actually trips in game because of how toasted I am. Why is this game only fun when I'm drinking? Oh that's right. Everyone is an rear end hat.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

Point is, "the he said he said" between players and orgs would be avoided if there was a structured system in place that was more objective.

And yeah, I'm leaning more towards the management being shady. They have the power in this situation.

Esp given Reginald's record as a boss which honestly isn't great.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
China #1