Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

CompeAnansi posted:

we're mostly on Reckoning

Goon guild up yet? Let's make that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna do it. I'm going to try this poo poo game and see what happens. I'd like to play with goons though, any recommendations on the faction I should choose?

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Reckoning is beyond full and I don't want to pay money to play this stupid game. What's the other non-queued server that goons play on? Is it still Aranzeb?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Flavor Truck posted:

Reckoning is beyond full and I don't want to pay money to play this stupid game. What's the other non-queued server that goons play on? Is it still Aranzeb?

I don't think there is one. Aranzeb was the old server, but I think everyone either quit or moved to Reckoning.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Trying to join Reckoning, have Patron... 1135 people ahead of my in queue. :eyepop:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm in <Legion> on East Reckoning if you see me around, playing as Flower and Orchid. :) I've got a clipper and have occasionally been giving people free rides to Solzreed when they reach their level 30 farm quest.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Reading the last few pages of this thread leads me to believe that there are a number of active goons still playing on Aranzeb. There is absolutely no chance of getting onto Reckoning within any reasonable amount of time with this queue. I'll be playing on Aranzeb as Nihilanth. Add/invite me if you get the chance.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Browalker, sorry about that my game loving crashed.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm in <Legion> on East Reckoning if you see me around, playing as Flower and Orchid. :) I've got a clipper and have occasionally been giving people free rides to Solzreed when they reach their level 30 farm quest.

I could totally use a ride to solzreed tonight if I can stop disconnecting. IGN: Anansai

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Reading the last few pages of this thread leads me to believe that there are a number of active goons still playing on Aranzeb. There is absolutely no chance of getting onto Reckoning within any reasonable amount of time with this queue. I'll be playing on Aranzeb as Nihilanth. Add/invite me if you get the chance.

What faction are you currently in? Couple of us are in pirates at the moment.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The dwarf robot transformation is is powerful in boss situation, world and library bosses on West just turn into a pile of robots blasting away and it's hilarious.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

wfwon posted:

What faction are you currently in? Couple of us are in pirates at the moment.

Right now, west. Is there a quick and easy way to become a pirate? I'd jump onboard quick.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

I could totally use a ride to solzreed tonight if I can stop disconnecting. IGN: Anansai

Cool I'll add you. Warning we will probably die so be prepared to lose pack lol. But if we just get you close to the docks you will get credit. :)

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I see people in <GoonSwarm> & <Goon Squad> guilds on East side for Vengeance; I'm going to go ahead and assume they're not actual goons.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flavor Truck posted:

Right now, west. Is there a quick and easy way to become a pirate? I'd jump onboard quick.

Yeah, I'm west too, but wouldn't mind becoming a pirate. Do you guys have a guild over there?

Blinky_
Feb 8, 2006
I'd be happy to come back to Aranzeb if someone would replace the Blackleaf I blew up before I quit

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Get an alt, or someone with time, to kill their mounts over and over again. I did it in Sandeep, away from the guards but close to the Npc that res my pet.

You would be best to mail one of the leader from No Lives Matter or Sacrifice first before joining/turning pirate. If you become pirate without a guild, you would be stuck in growlgates without anything to do all day.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So I see why every group doing greater dungeons that advertises in faction just does GHA. Exploit all the bosses, mechanics what are those?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
edit: I'm an idiot and posted on the wrong cash-grab thread. That was meant to black desert online. I have no trouble with cash shops or even pay to win. But there's a limit and those guys from bdo crossed mine.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 23, 2016

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, I mean the whole patron status thing is definitely a money grab but at least it's no worse price wise then the subscription to a non-f2p game. Tbh I think the price of purely cosmetic items is ultimately irrelevant

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Mederlock posted:

Well, I mean the whole patron status thing is definitely a money grab but at least it's no worse price wise then the subscription to a non-f2p game. Tbh I think the price of purely cosmetic items is ultimately irrelevant

Hows the PvP in this game. I downloaded it once and got to like level 11 or something and for some reason the UI really put me off. I never got the chance to PvP.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

iminers posted:

Hows the PvP in this game. I downloaded it once and got to like level 11 or something and for some reason the UI really put me off. I never got the chance to PvP.

The construction of the game is one of the best pvp games ever made, from arenas to open world to daily events. There is a reason why there are huge queues right now even when they have been having technical issues for a week and with it's spotty past.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Apparently there is a credit/APEX dupe in fresh start servers already, causing the emergency maintenance today.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sure its not actually new and they just failed to fix it from when it happened on the korean servers.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Eltoasto posted:

The construction of the game is one of the best pvp games ever made, from arenas to open world to daily events. There is a reason why there are huge queues right now even when they have been having technical issues for a week and with it's spotty past.

Someones angry.:wow:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

im sure its not actually new and they just failed to fix it from when it happened on the korean servers.

it's the mirage isle one lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dryzen posted:

It's like some people never learn.

Trion is the abusive spouse and the idiots who picked this game up again thinking it would be different this time around are just getting a life lesson.

They still won't learn of course.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

wfwon posted:

Get an alt, or someone with time, to kill their mounts over and over again. I did it in Sandeep, away from the guards but close to the Npc that res my pet.

You would be best to mail one of the leader from No Lives Matter or Sacrifice first before joining/turning pirate. If you become pirate without a guild, you would be stuck in growlgates without anything to do all day.

Definitely this. It's not our guild, so it's not definite that they'll take you in, as they've slowed recruiting down since we largely control the server atm. The leaders of NLM are Musaucy and Baseddgod, and Sacrifice is Rificz.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Dryzen posted:

:wtc:

That this company hasn't rabidly tested that particular exploit is both sad and hilarious.

I do miss the cheap labor pots/taxes, though... Looking back, after that got changed, the game became a lot more work than play.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember when you could dupe by opening apex really fast and cancelling the scroll bar? What a quality game.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I have a friend that has given me a few apex to join him no the new server.

im lvl 19 or something and god this is boring >< i just want to farm, not run around retarded maps.

I didnt use the apex either, so im always stuck in a 500+ que, and i get dropped religiously and go back to the back of the que.

lol im tempted to just buy him a game on steam and not bother even trying to log in to use/give back the apex

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
this game is very good, i enjoy multiboxing 8 trade carts it's really fun

especially when you fail 8 regrades wow so good

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but you arent spending any actual money so its basically free. You are actually coming out ahead considering how much apex you buy with in game gold.

All it costs is all your free time.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
And dignity. Playing Archeage costs your dignity.

In Rimworld news they put out a patch that changed a bunch of stuff so old saves don't work. Had to start over so lost the human leather comfy chair. Now you can migrate from one map to another or counter raid the pirate bases on a world screen. I moved when toxic fallout made one map a barren waste land for almost two seasons. The entire caravan was slowed down by "Stumpy", my pawn that has one peg leg torn off by a pack of wargs and a cyber leg from getting another shot off.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Does this game still cost like $2000 to play if you have no gear?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mux posted:

maybe if you're bad at video games...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Choosing to play Archeage means bad at life.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Mux posted:

It costs 15 dollars a month

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Speaking of terrible games though, I'm trying this Revelation Online thing.
https://ro.my.com/en

It's not terrible if you want to gently caress around. Very story-driven (it's Chinese) and almost single player so far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

maybe if you're bad at video games...

So it cost you $4k then :twisted:

• Locked thread