Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im taking these tickets and stuffing them under my bed. Its obvious nocits doesn't want anything to do with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

8 tickets and no Bediles or Shadows...it's a Christmas miracle!

God Bless Us, Every One, right Tiny Tim?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I've got like 100+ cactuars from the maze...how long can I leave the event rewards unclaimed until they dissapear?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Missed a ticket and pulled a Firion. I've got some good TMs for him but drat if I don't want two Snow now for Champion's belts.

Acelerion posted:

I've got like 100+ cactuars from the maze...how long can I leave the event rewards unclaimed until they dissapear?

Anything in your mailbox gets purged after 30 days of it's delivery.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Decided it's Christmas, I'm burning all my tickets on the Noctis banner because why the hell not.

Not a single Bedile or Clyne.

Rosalina off-banner
2x Terra (had none before)
Kefka (my third)
WoL (second, this was accidentally a 500 lapis pull because I was moving too quickly, whoops)
4 Charlottes
Ludmille (5th)
Rakshasa gold crystal (first)
Leo (second)
2 Amarants (third and fourth)

Overall, eh, some new stuff, but at this point, unless I pull a 5* base, the only unit I'm desperately wanting is a second Zidane or my first Miyuki, so I guess all things considered that's not a bad outcome. Some decent TM possibilities.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Used my five tickets for Christmas:

Maria
Kuja #1
Locke #1
Charlotte
Butz

Two new units, and someday a great weapon for my CoD? I'll take it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have way too many smart pots, and my Exdeath is maxed on them. I know Kefka eventually gets a 6* upgrade, and all 3 of my Arcs are 3* right now while my three Kefkas are 5*. Should I just dump the pots on one Kefka?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

I have way too many smart pots, and my Exdeath is maxed on them. I know Kefka eventually gets a 6* upgrade, and all 3 of my Arcs are 3* right now while my three Kefkas are 5*. Should I just dump the pots on one Kefka?

Bedile does hybrid damage so maybe prep a team of 5 Bedile with pot enhanced magic?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I dump everything on Noctis until pot-cap because no way I'm getting anything better than him.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
How do stat boosts stack? Can I use Luneths advance and Refias Embolden together?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

What's the best way to macro on Android? My brother's computer died, and I'm trying to get him at least to a competent level of play

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Go RV! posted:

What's the best way to macro on Android? My brother's computer died, and I'm trying to get him at least to a competent level of play

Long time no see Go RV! I use the hard work of other people: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/
They have an amazingly fast earth shrine entrance script if you use lapis. They have a non lapis version too.

I am using nox right now but switch to memu and bounce back and forth when a patch breaks one or the other.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
In-battle stat buffs don't stack. The better one takes precedence. If you have perma-shell and get a better SPR boost, shell will come back once Focus or whatever wears off.

Passives stack additively. Four copies of +10% mag gives +40% to your magic stat, including boost from pots, but doesn't affect any rods or whatever you're equipping to boost it further.

Which reminds me...

PaybackJack posted:

He doesn't NEED it per say, but that's still a damage bump and he's got plenty of mana. Either way, that's not a bad TM to pull, if the rest of your MAG team is someone like Arc then that's pretty helpful.
Nah, Exdeath in particular definitely doesn't need it.

Ultima barely makes a dent in Exdeath's attack. If you've got awesome gear on him, you'll see an increase in damage, but take a max-level exdeath, with the wizard rod and fully-potted, sitting on a maxed-out Ramuh. Two sets of earrings, 3 MAG +10%. Nothing you have to super grind for.

By putting Utima in the last materia slot, rather than a fourth MAG +10%, you will do an extra 450 damage or so to a dude with 50 SPR.

If you're instead dual-weilding Arc Rods, swap out a MAG + 10% for equip hat for that +30 MAG hat, trade the earrings for two sets of Vanille's whatever, and you're now looking at an extra... 1240 damage or so. By grinding a TMR instead of using a MAG +10%.

And that bonus is only when you cast Ultima instead of Meteo, not if you're doing any elemental chaining with the -ga's.

Pretty much any other TMR is better for Exdeath. A MAG + 30% will give him an extra 2700 damage in the extreme TMR example (more than double what Ultima gives) and an extra 4500 damage in the low-grind example. And it'll boost all of his spells and limit burst. L&A will help even more.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 25, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I am Communist posted:

Long time no see Go RV! I use the hard work of other people: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/
They have an amazingly fast earth shrine entrance script if you use lapis. They have a non lapis version too.

I am using nox right now but switch to memu and bounce back and forth when a patch breaks one or the other.

Hey man, long time.

I know about Nox/Memu, I'm using them myself, and those macros.

The problem is that his Android phone is his only machine right now, so he needs a way to repeat touches on it.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Go RV! posted:

Hey man, long time.

I know about Nox/Memu, I'm using them myself, and those macros.

The problem is that his Android phone is his only machine right now, so he needs a way to repeat touches on it.

Oh sorry! Reading compreds while full of foods.
This might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4zgx76/my_crappy_guide_to_frep_an_android_finger

The guy does an in depth writeup. I never use it since I have tablets. It's like $4.95 for the app but works for lots of ppl on android phones.

Edit: if you can help him with your pc to set it up

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Huh, Fina's finally getting her 6* over in JP.

Watch her still not learn Curaja.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

It's still not a lovely TM and not worth bitching about. In most cases it's going to be a good TM on people not named ExDeath. If there was a way of trading unit's I'd happily trade you one of my 15 Shantottos for it.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Just give Exdeath Ring of the lucii, and get a better Ultima, problem solved

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

PaybackJack posted:

It's still not a lovely TM and not worth bitching about. In most cases it's going to be a good TM on people not named ExDeath. If there was a way of trading unit's I'd happily trade you one of my 15 Shantottos for it.

I didn't say it was! Just don't grind it for the explicit purpose of putting it on Exdeath unless you literally have nothing else.

edit: oh I quoted the wrong old post and I can see why it came across that way. Edited it to be clearer.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 25, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Had my 4 star luck turn around these last couple days. Blowing all the Christmas tickets got me Agrias, Hope, Snow, two Chizarus, and a Mercedes. Also got my first Alma, Cerius, and Gilbert. Only took 10 Charlottes over the Noctis banner :toot:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

AegisP posted:

Krile trio redeemed. (Dualcast)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
If you're curious about the upcoming vault of hidden treasures, kongbakpao has an article up of how it went in Japan.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/vault-of-hidden-treasure-1/

Knowing Gumi it's going to be nerfed to give out Bediles or something.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Holiday tickets got me my second Zidane :toot: I have a lot of candidates for that dual wield, at least now I can leave my other locked on Noctis forever

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm getting kind of tired of every other run starting with my main damage dealers just dying and having no way to revive them. Why hasn't the game given me a single unit that learns a revive.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ Maybe you should stick some damage mitigators in there, like, mayyyybe... Cerius? She really cuts down on the Aerogas and Blizzagas, and can cast Protect as a third turn skill.

Cloud of Darkness is a good backup to Cerius for this purpose. Yeah, I said it.

You don't need revive if your dudes don't die in the first place. Think, if not outside the box, then around the box. You can figure out something that works for you.

I didn't get any new guys with my Christmas Tickets/daily half-price/Festive Bundle, but at this stage of the game, the only new characters I can get are overwhelmingly base 5-star, a couple 4-stars.

Gotta keep that in mind, because I've got a lot of solid 3 and 4 star base characters (and two Lightnings.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 25, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AegisP posted:

I bet it's literally Traffic Cone Fina's moveset.

So no, no Curaja.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\ Maybe you should stick some damage mitigators in there, like, mayyyybe... Cerius? She really cuts down on the Aerogas and Blizzagas, and can cast Protect as a third turn skill.

Cloud of Darkness is a good backup to Cerius for this purpose. Yeah, I said it.

You don't need revive if your dudes don't die in the first place. Think, if not outside the box, then around the box. You can figure out something that works for you.

I didn't get any new guys with my Christmas Tickets/daily half-price/Festive Bundle, but at this stage of the game, the only new characters I can get are overwhelmingly base 5-star, a couple 4-stars.

Gotta keep that in mind, because I've got a lot of solid 3 and 4 star base characters (and two Lightnings.)

It's not the blizzagas, it's death. First turn, they love going right after my damage dealers.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

It's not the blizzagas, it's death. First turn, they love going right after my damage dealers.

Consider Noctis friends. Fire Flask almost always procs Sleep for me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got my second Dual Wield today! It went to exdeath for the time being, but pretty soon I'll have Mercedes' TM done.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Consider Noctis friends. Fire Flask almost always procs Sleep for me.

It's blind for me. Oddly enough the unit I clear the hardest difficulty most consistently with is CryHavoc's gilgamesh. That thing alone can solo it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What banner do I pull from to try for a Zidane, or Greg, because drat.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

Seconding Noctis friends. Fire, fire, fire, chain fire.

My problem has been that I can get the presents first turn, but triple Blizzagas will start to push my poo poo in and start a death spiral that Refia (no Dual Cast) cannot get my guys out of. Cerius and CoD (both maxed out) seem to be able to hold off the Blizzagas to the point where Refia can heal and my fire chains can take effect.

Nuebot posted:

It's blind for me. Oddly enough the unit I clear the hardest difficulty most consistently with is CryHavoc's gilgamesh. That thing alone can solo it.

Also this. Greg is really good at opening presents!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I have had a Noctis friend fail to sleep the boxes once in ~8000 points.

I do make sure to have everyone else single-target Frosty so that they're not waking them up like idiots.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess I forget how good I have it with my Lightning. Heat blitz, combined with a physical boost, 2 chained firagas from Exdeath and Tellah, along with any AoE physical from a friend with more than 600atk kills the gifts on turn one, and then Frosty is dead on turn 2.

Shadowfyst
Jun 8, 2003

I accidentally ran elite with my TM farming team and a friend Noctis. I used Fire Flask until the boxes were down and finished frosty off with Point - Warp.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

MrLonghair posted:

What banner do I pull from to try for a Zidane, or Greg, because drat.

Actually, pull on the generic banner. Since the gacha change, Zidane is the most likely to show up that he has ever been, and the more 3* units that show up, the less likely he is to show up.
Unless you could use a Chizuru or Mercedes, pull generic.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

add me for fun times

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mrit SA posted:

Speaking of which, decided to blow some Christmas tickets on the Noctis banner...

Mercedes (new) - not bad, let's see where this goes
Fran - smash, not gonna end there!
Mustardio - smush, gotta power through...
Chizuru (#2) - pretty much what I was pulling for, I'm done

Back to hoarding! I feel better after tossing 30 tickets at Noctis last week and getting nada.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mrit SA posted:

Actually, pull on the generic banner. Since the gacha change, Zidane is the most likely to show up that he has ever been, and the more 3* units that show up, the less likely he is to show up.

I pulled mine off the Noctis banner, because I'm greedy and wanted a second Noctis. That said, I still haven't pulled Mercedes from that banner, cry for me and my terrible luck goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Burned three tickets on the Noctis banner. Got Penelo, Amarant, and Charlotte. Should I burn more on the Noctis banner or go to the Crimbo banner.

• Locked thread