Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Booyah- posted:

nah, it would be like 5%

i used to like making GBS threads on sfv when capcom was loving up every day.
but now its just a long fuckup, and really depressing.

I'm pretty much at this point too. Like I'll pop in to make random snipes about updates and stuff, but it's just gotten to be kinda sad how hosed up this game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Disappointed voice clips on whiff are a good argument in favour of two-button throws

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Disappointed voice clips on whiff are a good argument in favour of two-button throws

just make those voice clips play if you whiff an EX dp

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

High Level Shimmy Tech

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I'll defend this game because I now have a Ryu with a dope buckethat and clock chain. B-boys, are ya ready

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Madcosby posted:

Haha wow

Thread is terrible and i read the star citizen thread

i wish this game was like star citizen in that it didn't exist

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Two Beans posted:

I'll defend this game because I now have a Ryu with a dope buckethat and clock chain. B-boys, are ya ready

The most out of character costume is unironically the best one.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Count Bleck posted:

The most out of character costume is unironically the best one.

also Ken with the holiday costume but in purple colors. piiiiiimp

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Actually, Macho Gief is the best costume

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

What I learned: you can reach diamond without knowing what a fuzzy jump is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

apple posted:

What I learned: you can reach diamond without knowing what a fuzzy jump is

I mean, we knew that already, it's called RQing, hehe.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
Cross posting from Steam thread, no idea why I didn't ask this here first

I bought SF5 on PS4 when it released and I'm happy with it (I wouldn't touch the SP modes anyway), I'm planning to buy it again on PC since I have a fightstick that I'd like to use, but I see people complaining about netcode and server issues... aren't the servers the same as Ps4's? Because those work mostly okay-ish for me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some people think the PC version can lag online when playing against a PS4 opponent because they get out of sync or something and the reverse doesn't happen. I don't know if that is actually verified true or not or if it is really that big of a deal. They all use the same servers so if you are currently happy then you will probably be fine.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's a thing that happens on PS4 to PS4 as well, it is just less common than PC to PC or PC to PS4.

Also it's definitely true and verified and is an incredibly big deal. Like wtf how does the netcode favoring one player over the other in a way that can even be influenced by a player by alt-tabbing not a huge deal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bad connections are pretty common even on the most selective setting but i get some pleasure out of back dashing 3 times, taunting and quittting the program to play other games when it happens.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Most pcs are probably not on a really bad wireless connection, and many ps4s probably are

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

My very first online matches was one of those. It's unplayable when that happens but at least only seemed to happen once or twice a night. every time I get rollbacked while trying to use a charge move I die inside

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I still get those 5 star connection but almost completely unplayable rollback games occasionally but not very often anymore. Like <5% as a rough guess. But YMMV obviously.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah I still get those 5 star connection but almost completely unplayable rollback games occasionally but not very often anymore. Like <5% as a rough guess. But YMMV obviously.

I think of all the problems this game has, the one sided roll back stuff is easily the worst of them. Like stubby normals and limited combos suck, but at least you can have fun with it.

The one sided roll back and weird nature of the online play makes it incredibly frustrating to play sometimes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I think of all the problems this game has, the one sided roll back stuff is easily the worst of them. Like stubby normals and limited combos suck, but at least you can have fun with it.

The one sided roll back and weird nature of the online play makes it incredibly frustrating to play sometimes.

The loading and matching waiting is worse cause its every game but rollback is right up there

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The load time thing is by far worse than anything actually in game imo and is the big thing that keeps me from playing more than a few times a week

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like battle lobbies.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/AutoMattock/status/813615342517895168

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
They should just make fireball lp+lk, uppercut mp+mk and super 3p or 3k and add powerup items to the stages at this point. Like I get it, Capcom, you hate fighting games, you hate your fanbase, you hate Street Fighter, you love money and always dont make enough from fighting games. You want the game to be something else, in hopes of making more, any amount, surely any genre bringing in whatever MUST be more than a fighting game brings in. Let's make it easier, like other games, let's make it another game, let's make Street Fighter something else all together, embrace the change, like a homemade self surgery gone awry.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Akuma is fun on a bun

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Akuma is fun on a bun

Same, but also zero frame grab shenanigans.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I unironically like this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Raging Demon inputs for SFV generation.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RJNq_3Gy8M

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Did they ever add Alex's sf3 costume to this stupid game? I threw it in the toliet 4 months ago

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Firstborn posted:

Did they ever add Alex's sf3 costume to this stupid game? I threw it in the toliet 4 months ago

They showed it and Ibuki's a couple of months ago, so naturally they haven't even slightly alluded since then.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Firstborn posted:

Its never coming ouuuut. :suicide:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/813554565492699137

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

For background, Dhalsim didn't change all that much and in fact got a bit worse despite benefiting from system changes, also people learned how to finally fight Sim and will continue fighting Sim well throughout season 2

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I would play this game so much more if the battle lounges. Just. Worked.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I also would play SFV if it wasn't total garbage.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
How can neutral be real when our eyes aren't real?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Why does Akuma look like a lion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
To make you pay 20 dollars to make him look correct