Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mnemosyne posted:

The Pax 2 is the one that's more reasonably priced, though they just came out a few months ago with a Pax 3. The main difference between the two of them is that Pax 2 takes actual weed, while the Pax 3 can do either actual weed or it can also do concentrates. And by concentrates, I mean stuff you buy "loose," not a pre-filled oil cartridge like e-cig style vape pens.

I really like it, but I've never tried the MFLB, so I can't really compare. It's really compact and portable, which I like. It means I can load it up and then take it somewhere, so I have it "just in case," which was really convenient while I was in Vegas. As for smell, it still smells. It smells less than combustion methods, but more than the aforementioned oil-cartridge e-cig pens.

The smell is something that you can shake off with a quick walk and some mints. I've successfully used mine more than a few times around more conservative family and gotten away with it. It's somewhere between one hitter and oil in terms of smell.

Christmas was good. My dad liked his gift, which consisted of a RYOT smell-proof case, a Space Case grinder, a nice spoon pipe and 6 different strains of pot. Happy retirement, Pops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
my step mom bought everyone pokeball shaped weed grinders

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Mnemosyne posted:

At the rate the states are passing medical laws, I wonder if we're going to see federal legalization first or if they're going to hold out until well after every state has some level of legalization. The way our government has been going, I kind of expect to see a day when all states have at least some level of access, whether it's medical or recreational, and the DEA is still like "Nope. Still Schedule I."

Do you think if Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky pass medical in 2017 the Feds will finally get it? I have a feeling Idaho will still be a hold out when they change the law federally.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dmitri-9 posted:

Do you think if Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky pass medical in 2017 the Feds will finally get it? I have a feeling Idaho will still be a hold out when they change the law federally.

I don't think the Feds will get it until their jobs are on the line. I have a feeling a lot of these guys are the types who will never be able to come to terms with the fact that the Devil's Lettuce won't ruin your life.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

my step mom bought everyone pokeball shaped weed grinders

Hahahahaha that is hilarious!!!

So this weed our friend grew stinks to high heaven (pun intended), and I brought it to xmas eve dinner packed up in my new Pax, and goddamn it stunk up the whole coat room. I even had it in a baggie in my zipped up vest pocket. WTF am I going to do with this poo poo???

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you gotta smoke it ASAP imo

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Yeah smoke it ASAP and douse yourself in Axe, this is a known-perfect solution practiced by stone men™ the world over. Alternately; consider getting an airtight container like a mason jar or a film canister.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in high school I'd open a can of monster and drink like half of it and leave the other half sitting in the cup holder, made the car reek like monster but by god it covered the weed smells

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Nah man, I can assure you it just smelled of weed and Monster but such is youth

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

love a man that carries a one hitter

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

AkumaHokoru posted:

If I know weed guys. (and i know weed guys) he'll do it. hit him up but be prepared to offer him a gift of some kind.

I have been entirely without weed since xmas eve. I've tried five different dealers and they're all out of town.

BUT I just found a nug of green while I was rooting around under my bed looking for something else! I must've dropped it a week or two ago and didn't notice.

Gonna smoke this bitch up and probably get a hideous lung infection or something. Welp.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
as long as floor weed is still more weed than floor its all good imo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Status report: high af

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My friend lost an ounce in his basement a while ago and everytime we went to visit him we would spend at least an hour searching for it every single time, never found it though and he moved out eventually. RIP ninja ounce bag.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's hard to hear a story like that and not think it got stolen

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One of us would always say it's probably been stolen but it never stopped us from looking for it. I like to think the next family that buys the house will find it, talk about a housewarming gift!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Elven weed disappears so that it can reappear to you in a time of great need. That a full ounce disappeared brings ill tidings but at least when it returns to this plane of existence the bearer will be blitzed

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

When we moved into our new home when I was around 10-11, my parents found a small bong and a bag of (probably moldy and gross) weed in the closet in my new room while we were moving my stuff in. Back then I had no idea what it was, and I don't even remember what they explained it away as, but IIRC it was a regular-sized sammich bag and it was about half-full, so probably half an ounce or so?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

When we moved into our new home when I was around 10-11, my parents found a small bong and a bag of (probably moldy and gross) weed in the closet in my new room while we were moving my stuff in. Back then I had no idea what it was, and I don't even remember what they explained it away as, but IIRC it was a regular-sized sammich bag and it was about half-full, so probably half an ounce or so?

regular sized. half full. nah thats a full O friend.

talking about weed we lost?

2x I lost at least half a ounce total

1 st time I lost a Q and a 8th that I was gonna take to see a girl whom later turned out not to be worth that money i lost this on thanksgiving weekend last year so hopefully i made someone's thanksgiving better than mine.

2nd time I lost an 8th trying to make a long trip for a friend. both times the D train was potentially where it was lost.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thathonkey posted:

it's hard to hear a story like that and not think it got stolen

yeah an ounce seems kind of hard to just "lose" in your own place

ive lost weed a couple times usually just being an idiot and dropping a joint into a creek while out wandering somewhere

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i lost a joint once thats about it

also a pipe went missing but im fairly sure it went in the bin somehow because we turned that place upside down

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Yeah smoke it ASAP and douse yourself in Axe, this is a known-perfect solution practiced by stone men™ the world over. Alternately; consider getting an airtight container like a mason jar or a film canister.

Im a lady I don't use axe. Also I'm a dirty hippy but I do use natural deodorant so maybe my b.o. will help cover.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Nah man, I can assure you it just smelled of weed and Monster but such is youth

yeah i mean i figured that was probably the case after a while but hey

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 29, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

psychokitty posted:

Im a lady I don't use axe. Also I'm a dirty hippy but I do use natural deodorant so maybe my b.o. will help cover.

My experience is that partially or fully-burnt weed smells waaaaay stronger than fresh herb. Nothing stinks up my clothes worse than a half-smoked bowl, or even a dead bowl with ash still in it. Nowadays even dumping and tapping out a bowl isn't enough, I always either scrape it out or clear it out with a paper towel before putting it away if I'm going to be around people/in a car.

When you had the Pax and the bud on you, had you smoked the Pax before you put it away? If so that's probably what did it.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

psychokitty posted:

This was a joke, akin to what Moridin had suggested; it would only make you smell of drug store cologne and weed making it even more obvious. Film canister or mason jar works awesome and isn't a billion dollars like the smell-proof containers they sell at headshops.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

no im telling you the totally fresh weed stinks to high heaven

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Weed smells extremely great

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

My experience is that partially or fully-burnt weed smells waaaaay stronger than fresh herb. Nothing stinks up my clothes worse than a half-smoked bowl, or even a dead bowl with ash still in it. Nowadays even dumping and tapping out a bowl isn't enough, I always either scrape it out or clear it out with a paper towel before putting it away if I'm going to be around people/in a car.

When you had the Pax and the bud on you, had you smoked the Pax before you put it away? If so that's probably what did it.

I agree, I don't take my bowl anywhere because I think the water and carbon stinks 100 times worse than herb.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

Sometimes I dab it behind my ears.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

purple death ray posted:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

psychokitty posted:

no im telling you the totally fresh weed stinks to high heaven

Here ya go, solution to all your problems

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

psychokitty posted:

if you are a hippy lady then use patchouli oil thats what its for

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

unprotected sex with a stinky hippy woman with hairy armpits is the best kind of sex to have while high as a kite

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
not really, no, however i will allow it

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I've never smoked weed, what am I missing out on? I dont have anything against weed, just never really had a strong desire to try it.

americong
May 29, 2013

west wing is surprisingly pretty great blitzed

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RadioactiveKid posted:

I've never smoked weed, what am I missing out on? I dont have anything against weed, just never really had a strong desire to try it.

it can provide a nice sense of euphoria, or a pleasant sensation throughout your body, or pain relief, or one of many other nice feelings.

It's also very good for relaxation, and can provide many of the same stress relief functions as alcohol without the hangover or being as toxic in your body.

And when you really want to blast off you can just get high as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

StarkRavingMad posted:

it can provide a nice sense of euphoria, or a pleasant sensation throughout your body, or pain relief, or one of many other nice feelings.

It's also very good for relaxation, and can provide many of the same stress relief functions as alcohol without the hangover or being as toxic in your body.

And when you really want to blast off you can just get high as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

For the last few months I've had the problem that getting really high just makes me tired, even pass out.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RadioactiveKid posted:

Let me sell it to you the way it would have sold me if someone explained it right years ago.

You want your body to feel like you're 5 again and you can move with all the freedom in the world? That's what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

RadioactiveKid posted:

it's just all around good and enjoyable. it's a mild drug but can be potent to newcomers. Still only a tiny fraction of people who try it dislike it and thats usually due to some sort of stress or anxiety reaction so maybe be somewhere you feel comfortable (and not overtly sketchy/publix if weed is illegal where you live)and with people you feel safe with for your first time