Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just going to leave this here, Merry Christmas to everyone who works a 9-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
gonna throw a molly and jump in it immediately thank you

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

Just going to leave this here, Merry Christmas to everyone who works a 9-5

Getting $200k from strangers sounds real nice but I have a feeling that the streaming/internet star life vs a regular job isn't entirely without drawbacks

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
He also has 13.8k subs that he probably gets more than 50/50 of $5 monthly revenue share with Twitch. Also he lives in Colorado. Summit is rich as gently caress

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Getting $200k from strangers sounds real nice but I have a feeling that the streaming/internet star life vs a regular job isn't entirely without drawbacks

Not every streamer is Ice Poseidon though, there are plenty of well adjusted streamers.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
loving kill me

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

A TURGID FATSO posted:

loving kill me

I'll kill you

with love

:glomp:

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
What's the timeframe on that? Donations for this past year?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Crimson posted:

What's the timeframe on that? Donations for this past year?

I believe so

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
How do you make a custom mouse accel curve for csgo? I'm finding that even tho I'm not as young as my cpma days, awping is way easier with higher sens style flicking ala railgun, but there's tradeoffs. I wonder if I can mitigate that with a custom curve...

I desire to experiment!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

make a bind to switch your in-game sens or set up a dpi switch button if you have the option in your mouse software/drivers, bind it to a mouse button. I wouldn't mess around with mouse accel if you can avoid it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Xenaero posted:

How do you make a custom mouse accel curve for csgo? I'm finding that even tho I'm not as young as my cpma days, awping is way easier with higher sens style flicking ala railgun, but there's tradeoffs. I wonder if I can mitigate that with a custom curve...

I desire to experiment!

i think this video was posted in here awhile back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORL144_co8

surc
Aug 17, 2004

:siren:ATTN NON-PRIME-HAVER GOONS:siren: : I just bought a second account specifically to help goons get through the non-prime slog without wrecking my main after the struggle to get Vaah and Crain up there, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/partyupexcellent/

Bad vibesers need not apply, other than that I don't care about your rank or if you have never touched the game or whatever. My main hovers around Nova4/MG1/MG2, so if you're higher ranked than that and non-prime, IDK, your call.

Also I will be unranked and only able to win 2 games a day for like the next week or whatever.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I....I got ranked back down to where I started. Is this the christmas that I finally tie the noose

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I....I got ranked back down to where I started. Is this the christmas that I finally tie the noose

If you haven't lowered your sens yet the noose is on your neck every time you start a match.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
1400@0.3

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

:siren:ATTN NON-PRIME-HAVER GOONS:siren: : I just bought a second account specifically to help goons get through the non-prime slog without wrecking my main after the struggle to get Vaah and Crain up there, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/partyupexcellent/

Bad vibesers need not apply, other than that I don't care about your rank or if you have never touched the game or whatever. My main hovers around Nova4/MG1/MG2, so if you're higher ranked than that and non-prime, IDK, your call.

Also I will be unranked and only able to win 2 games a day for like the next week or whatever.

I'm down for that. I have a non-prime smurf to help the process.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not on as much, but I'll do some non prime silvering.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Elman posted:

If you haven't lowered your sens yet the noose is on your neck every time you start a match.

Not only have I not lowered it, I learned that I've had mouse acceleration on in my mouse drivers for years and I like it that way.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If I can get to LEM w/ 3 @ 1000, you can get to wherever using whatever you're comfortable with, don't listen to the thread.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Popular streamers can go to any convention/tourney and pick up tons of fan girls, so I'm not sure what your definition of loneliness is.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Xenaero posted:

If I can get to LEM w/ 3 @ 1000, you can get to wherever using whatever you're comfortable with, don't listen to the thread.

PLease do not listen to this TROLL and lower your sens

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
For those of you that have not played it - Classic Offensive is wonderful!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

surc posted:

Sent a friend request, in part to force my lazy rear end to do more goonMM's.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Boy I'm glad I got a promotion

e: ffs I wish they didnt kill puush, this new poo poo sucks

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 28, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Xenaero posted:

Boy I'm glad I got a promotion

e: ffs I wish they didnt kill puush, this new poo poo sucks

lmao is that really your rank now?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

A TURGID FATSO posted:

lmao is that really your rank now?

I tried to use my smurf to play with hoods on mm since my main is too high and it told me I needed to get a rank, so

there we go

I'm at silver 2 as of this writing! Took me several wins though holy moly

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCbdnxqMsY

After watching this, I still think the only solid proof is against Subroza. Maybe some of the immortals players, but Subroza by a long shot. Most other things I would put to either sound cues or just holding a crosshair angle.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
subroza looks dirty, but some of these are players trying to get lucky with dodge flash timings

actually most of the clips above look really bad from most of the players!

also i think a few are people trying to predict hwere an enemy is and looking at the wall where they may be hiding to see if they can hear sound cues more easily. but a lot of it looks bad

stump collector fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 28, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

It certainly makes for a lot of interesting thought experiments. Try to quote this and answer the questions seriously

:420: :okpos: :420:

If subroza was permanently banned, would you care?

If a majority of the top 50 pros were permanently banned, would you continue playing/watching?

What if it was a majority of the pros, a sizable chunk of the lower divisions, and several of your friends?

What if you got caught, because your friend/some random sideloaded/injected a lite version of his cheats into your game? And you couldn't tell which one it was

:tinfoil: What if we all get caught because someone was using sub.io to sideload our poo poo

Do you think the sport, as an industry, has become big enough that any of the above wouldn't be fatal? There are several examples of other professionals sports, especially race car driving (or production automobiles lmao), where the cheating is extremely sophisticated and almost tradition. To analogize, we started off with inflating/deflating basket balls in fuel tanks to hide their true capacity, and now we're abusing the anti-lag systems of forced induction to modulate the engine and take corners faster/conserve gas/tire wear.

Imagine a scenario where 1/3rd of the current player base gets completely decimated. Off the top of my head, the biggest ban wave ever was World of Warcraft, some duping bug that wiped 700,000 accounts. Would that kill the sport, or would they instead say "let's start fresh next season and see who's actually good". I know plenty of other games have sustained several 100k+ waves over time, and others have never released official numbers. Remember when entire consoles would get banned for Halo/CoD/GTA?

There's something like 330k average daily players, with peaks topping out around 880k. I think we could sustain a hit like that. With a little optimism you might even think that the number might double now that all the disenchanted haters can again have false hope that they can be the very best!

I don't think we'll ever be able to definitively detect cheats from software running on the same computer. There would have to be some sort of dedicated hardware module. Even in a perfect world where we could have complete realtime forensic memory analysis there are countless ways to obfuscate such functionality

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Thorin is right when he says burn the poo poo to the ground, but the people with say in the matter have vested interests in not rocking the boat.

Play the game, don't idolize other players or buy into cults of personality, try to have fun, lower your sens.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Anyone better than me is cheating and deserves a ban imo

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I'd rather the csgo scene decimated completely if the majority of players did cheat with aimbots/wallhacks. That kind of cheating is pretty egregious. I'm more curious as to how much amphetamines are being consumed.

Mesothelioma fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 28, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
What if an asteroid hit the event venue of a major cs tournament and all the pros died???

makes u think

:ninja:: subroza isn't cheating

actual e: I watched the ultimate vac video and a lot of these clips are just artifacts of good crosshair placement that'll inevitably lead to people's head being aimed at through walls and sad music

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 28, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
These are people that have like 20,000 hours of CS experience, and surprise surprise, they know where to put their crosshair because they know where a common choke point or player position would be even if there's a door in the way. Five minutes into this clip and so far 95% of this you could immediately throw out the window without even reviewing it.

e: Also for every time these guys move their mouse and it's kind of near an x-ray of another player through five walls, there's fifty million instances of them moving their mouse and it being nowhere.

e2: lol one of the damning pieces of evidence in this video is Shroud poo poo-talking someone in a pug on stream and talking about cheats, this is good stuff :discourse:

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 28, 2016

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
I feel like there would have to be some kind of Tour de France level cover-up involved for more than a tiny handful of players to be actively using aimlock cheats. The flusha thing where his cursor literally in a quarter second snaps to the guy's head through a wall does look pretty suspect but a vast majority of these clips just seem to fan the flames of some conspiracy theory. I mean a whole bunch of these were recorded at live events right? How can not a single person have been caught for such a long time if the cheating is as rampant as these people suggest?

To be honest, like Mesothelioma I'm more interested in the possibility of the players taking coke or speed. I don't know if there's ever been looked into?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
If Flusha gets VAC'd I'm gonna start hacking out of solidarity with the #1 player of the world

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

If Flusha gets VAC'd I'm gonna start hacking out of solidarity with the #1 player of the world

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Opal posted:

I feel like there would have to be some kind of Tour de France level cover-up involved for more than a tiny handful of players to be actively using aimlock cheats. The flusha thing where his cursor literally in a quarter second snaps to the guy's head through a wall does look pretty suspect but a vast majority of these clips just seem to fan the flames of some conspiracy theory. I mean a whole bunch of these were recorded at live events right? How can not a single person have been caught for such a long time if the cheating is as rampant as these people suggest?

To be honest, like Mesothelioma I'm more interested in the possibility of the players taking coke or speed. I don't know if there's ever been looked into?

Considering how much of a shitshow esports already is, there's no way that there's some organized coverup of cheating, simply because everyone involved at all levels would be massively incompetent. I don't doubt that there are some guys who are using cheats, but I think it's far more reasonable to think that 10k+ hours in CSGO will tend to make you good at the game and instill some intuition about where enemies might be coming from.

There's a whole subreddit dedicated to idiots who think everyone cheats along with a youtuber who makes his money off of hackusation videos. I get an aneurysm every time I look at either of them...

Semphis famously said in an interview that there was a point when he was a part of Cloud9 where they were all on Adderall, which eventually culminated in ESL(?) randomly drug testing players during their events. Not sure if anything came out of it or if they still do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Don't get me wrong I really don't give a gently caress if players take drugs to perform better, I'm just curious how widespread it is in CS. Maybe I have a hosed up perspective, but I never understood why this stuff is frowned down upon in any sport really. If you're willing to dedicate your entire life to a game, ingesting something to perform better doesn't seem all that wrong to me.