Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Would the Giants axe edge out the enhancer after her buffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

CyberLord XP posted:

Gonna vent a bit because apparently that leads to good pulls. I'm up to 100+ pulls since starting in November. My current lineup is Ceceil, Refia, Bartz, ExTree, and Argias/Krile depending. I have zero dual wield/dual cast TMR units. Bartz and Medius are my only 6* physical DD units.

I can't complain too much cause I can handle 99% of all the current content but I rely HEAVILY on whale friends.

Got double owned today too. 1/2 pull is regular Roselia. Gold pull on Noctis banner is Terra. FML.

All I want for Christmas is a Mercedes. Or a Cheesewhiz. Just something to throw a little damage.

Please Nuffle hear my pathetic F2P RNG prayers.

THE SYSTEM WORKS!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

They really need to give us a 10 character mode so I can TM grind 10 guys at once. I have the following list so far...

Current:
Mercedes
Mercedes
Zidane
Zidane
Maxwell

Waiting in no particular order:
Ingus x 4 (have 7 so can speed this up by smashing a bit)
Mustadio x 14
Cecil x 3
Agrias x 2
Mercedes x 3
Locke x 4
Shantotto x 10
Kefka x 5 (have 8 so I can do some smashing to speed up the process since I'll only ever need 5 Ribbons)
Faris x 4
Kain x 7
Hayate x 3
Ludmille x 4
Chorizo x 2
Black Cat Lid x 5
Medius x 2
Terra x 2
Hope x 1
Arc x 1
Alma x 3 (probably only need 1 robe though)
Garnet x 1
Xiao x 1
Refia x 2
Celes x 4 (probably only need 1 or 2 of these)
Leo x 1

And tons of others like a dozen Lunas, a few russells. In retrospect I probably should have used my xmas bundle on TM grind refreshes, but I'm not very smart.

Maybe we'll get a New Years bundle.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

m.hache posted:

Would the Giants axe edge out the enhancer after her buffs?

I tried other axes on the offhand, none were as strong as Enhancer there.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I tried other axes on the offhand, none were as strong as Enhancer there.

You only get the bonus for equipping an axe once, so unless you have a beefier axe than Enhancer (only another Viking Axe currently) then it won't be better.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
How long does it take to grind a TM if you let it go constantly with refills? I'm thinking about buying the christmas bundle and getting on the TM train. I enjoy pulling but at this point unless its a 5* base my team is fine.

For TM's, I have 2x Ludmille / 4x Zidane (ya ya I know). I can't decide whether to just get these out of the way or focus on making my Luneth as strong as possible. For Luneth I can farm katana mastery / sakakatana / excalibur ... then not so sure ... maybe Maxwell?

If anyone needs a ~500 ATK Luneth: 660,234,922

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I might be more focused on catching up to the quests that give lapis out at this moment. I mean, it's 50 per area and there's a LOT of areas. Including Explorations.

Also I got a Mercedes. Woo.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

deltah posted:

How long does it take to grind a TM if you let it go constantly with refills? I'm thinking about buying the christmas bundle and getting on the TM train. I enjoy pulling but at this point unless its a 5* base my team is fine.

For TM's, I have 2x Ludmille / 4x Zidane (ya ya I know). I can't decide whether to just get these out of the way or focus on making my Luneth as strong as possible. For Luneth I can farm katana mastery / sakakatana / excalibur ... then not so sure ... maybe Maxwell?

Because of the way that ATK scales, I would focus on making Luneth as much of a monster as you can, then knock out all the dual wields and dual casts. Also, if you have an Agrias I'd suggest getting a Save the Queen instead of Excalibur since most of the big event bosses are resistant to all or most of the elements, I wish I'd have done that since a lot of the time I am forced to take Excalibur off of Dracu Lasswell and stick my Enhancer on him instead to fight event bosses.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did my daily Charlotte pull and got Charlotte. Used a ticket and got Zidane #3. That should take care of all my DW needs, with already having 2 Lightings.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

m.hache posted:

Fenrir,

Twice your noctis has eaten it on the first round of ELT Froster. Just bad luck I suppose. The ifrit makes him vulnerable to his blizzagas.

Still packs a whollop though.

I honestly had forgotten he was still on Ifrit, it was for a bit of testing. He's back on Diablos now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

deltah posted:

That's what I did. It appears that it will be around a week of near-constant TM grinding to get someone from 0 to 100% .

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you can grind out two battles a minute (about the rate I get the TM macro from Reddit), with constant refilling, you're looking at around 3.5 days of grinding to fill a TM from 0 to 100. The exact lapis spend depends on your rank, but it's probably around 8-9000 to do that

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

deltah posted:

If the goal is to kit out a DPS machine - in your case Luneth? - then all the DW/DC can wait. I would do your list of sakurafubuki/Power of creation/blade mastery/SECOND SWORD (excal/StQ/Moonblade/etc.) and the fifth be a dualcast unless you already have one then DW. Having your healer get two shots at whatever is needed is very powerful for whatever we are getting right now in events and arena whenever DC isn't banned.

Or you have a Luneth - toss him in there for his celestial gloves?

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 27, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dial-a-Dog posted:

If you can grind out two battles a minute (about the rate I get the TM macro from Reddit), with constant refilling, you're looking at around 3.5 days of grinding to fill a TM from 0 to 100. The exact lapis spend depends on your rank, but it's probably around 8-9000 to do that

Jesus christ

I honestly would be tempted to but with such a low rank it would be a massive waste. I wish refils gave you a base amount of energy to the people below a certain rank

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 27, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Jesus christ

I honestly would be tempted to but with such a low rank it would be a massive waste. I wish refils gave you a base amount of energy to the people below a certain rank

Yeah, I'm trying to accelerate some grinds right now, but it's only to the tune of around 1500 lapis to finish them, I can't afford a full TM acceleration. I'm only rank 67, kind of wish I had taken advantage of some of the better rank exp events earlier to make this more efficient.

Oh well, it's like some other people mentioned, you can burn your lapis on a bunch of garbo pulls, or you can burn it on going for TMs you know will elevate some of your existing characters to super levels. Once I'm all done here I'll have Maxwell's TM, Blade Mastery, and a Sakurafubuki for my good buddy Noctis

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I currently have in my party:

4*
Rain
Lasswell
Vivi
Ludmille
Mercedes

4*
Galuf
Maria
Sabin
Fran
Luna
Gaffarion

3*
Sarah
Clyne
Anzelm
Vaan
Paul
Penelo
Shadow
Krile
Kain (i need some stuff to level him to 4*)
Rydia
Garland
Duane
Russel
Locke
Celes
Hayate
Lani
Charlotte (20% trust)
Sazh

2*
Rizer
Tronn (max...but he seems to be capped)
Baurg
Gimleee (maxed)
Liza
Sarai

1*
Maxell

Just added myself to the goon list. Help me obi goon kenobi

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Rain/Lasswell/Mercedes/Gaffarion/Vaan/Garland/Charlotte

these are your most useful (aka 6* capable, or will be) characters. i'd say run rain, mercedes, vaan, garland, and rydia (she's only 5* capable, but you need a mage for some things, and rydia's summon lb will be handy for lapis missions.) maybe also boot rain for maria, as you might need a healer and she'll serve for starting out.

once rain gets 6*, kick out vaan and bring lasswell up. eventually kick out rydia too (and maria if you use her) when you get better units.

ignore fp units (2* and 1*'s, some 3*'s). they're useful only for tm's, and only some.

i'd tell you to reroll, but i hate rerolling, so it's up to you.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Bench Rain and Laswell, swap in Charlotte and Garland and you'll be set for a while.

Get through the story and you can get a nice shield for Charlotte, and make sure to get Mercedes to 6 when you can.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Krile is a better healer than Maria, she gets dual cast and curaja. Work on her some but focus on damage dealers first. Killing stuff quick is the best mitigation on this game.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Got a seventh Arc. Sorry, people who have had difficulty getting any dualcast mage. Jesus.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Shark Tower posted:

these are your most useful (aka 6* capable, or will be) characters. i'd say run rain, mercedes, vaan, garland, and rydia (she's only 5* capable, but you need a mage for some things, and rydia's summon lb will be handy for lapis missions.) maybe also boot rain for maria, as you might need a healer and she'll serve for starting out.

Vadun posted:

Bench Rain and Laswell, swap in Charlotte and Garland and you'll be set for a while.

Get through the story and you can get a nice shield for Charlotte, and make sure to get Mercedes to 6 when you can.

I'm still kinda new myself, but wouldn't Krile be the mage to go with? She doesn't have the magic coverage of Rydia but... dualcast with Aeroga and Curaja. Throw a fire/ice/lit rod on her as necessary for bosses that resist Air?

And by the time you get Charlotte's shield, though, you'll probably have pulled something better. Story takes a while!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
sorry yeah krile would be a better healer/mage and can do both. you'll still want to bring up rydia anyways, for the lapis missions, and neither are going to be part of any team longterm.

Do ditch maria though.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

deathbagel posted:

They really need to give us a 10 character mode so I can TM grind 10 guys at once. I have the following list so far...

Current:
Mercedes
Mercedes
Zidane
Zidane
Maxwell

Waiting in no particular order:
Ingus x 4 (have 7 so can speed this up by smashing a bit)
Mustadio x 14
Cecil x 3
Agrias x 2
Mercedes x 3
Locke x 4
Shantotto x 10
Kefka x 5 (have 8 so I can do some smashing to speed up the process since I'll only ever need 5 Ribbons)
Faris x 4
Kain x 7
Hayate x 3
Ludmille x 4
Chorizo x 2
Black Cat Lid x 5
Medius x 2
Terra x 2
Hope x 1
Arc x 1
Alma x 3 (probably only need 1 robe though)
Garnet x 1
Xiao x 1
Refia x 2
Celes x 4 (probably only need 1 or 2 of these)
Leo x 1

And tons of others like a dozen Lunas, a few russells. In retrospect I probably should have used my xmas bundle on TM grind refreshes, but I'm not very smart.

Maybe we'll get a New Years bundle.

I pulled another Kefka from my daily today, they no longer fit on the screen:

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I have done probably a good 80 pulls on the Noctis banner. Just did an 11 pull.
"Oh, my first Mercedes.. finally. OH MY GOD A RAINBOW CRYSTAL, could this finally be my first base 5*?!?- it's.... its Bartz...."

Since Lightning has come out, I've gotten 3 rainbow crystals.
Garland, Warrior of Light, and now Bartz.

I feel like this is some sick joke.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

You could start your own circus with all those clowns.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

Gonna grind out all those ribbons, huh? :raise:

I've officially ground out all the Lapis from the available story missions. Took a while.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Hardbody smush the clowns

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finally pulled a Firion on the half price today. But since he's not very good right now, and doesn't have a 6* coming for a while yet, he'll just take up space on the bench for a while. I got other more important dudes to level.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Decided to drop some lapis and tickets on the Noctis banner in hopes of getting one of the non-Charlotte banner units.

11-pull:
4* Terra
4* Shantotto
Charlotte x4
Faris
Celes
Locke
Bedile
Sabin

Bleh. Locke would be mildly interesting if I hadn't daily pulled him last week. I guess having another Shantotto (#3) will be okay when she gets her 5*, at least. And it's still a lot better than the last 11-pull I did.

5 tickets:
Krile
Sazh
Lenna
Garland
4*... Chizuru!

Yes! Now to start spending my dozens of hoarded cactuars.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

SereneCrimson posted:

I have done probably a good 80 pulls on the Noctis banner. Just did an 11 pull.
"Oh, my first Mercedes.. finally. OH MY GOD A RAINBOW CRYSTAL, could this finally be my first base 5*?!?- it's.... its Bartz...."

Since Lightning has come out, I've gotten 3 rainbow crystals.
Garland, Warrior of Light, and now Bartz.

I feel like this is some sick joke.

If it makes you feel any better I did a pull today that started gold and turned into rainbow and was Hope, of all things. It's like the game is telling me to keep hoping for a good unit and instead it's going to give me poo poo. :negative:

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

McSpankWich posted:

Hardbody smush the clowns

I'll very soon be farming Ribbons in groups of 4.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Hardbody posted:

I'll very soon be farming Ribbons in groups of 4.

That's what I figured, my character inventory is filled with clusters of 5 units that I'll TM grind together "soon". Although, I actually did finally do it with my Almas, Lennas, and Exdeaths. Alma and Lenna fueled my Refia, Exdeath was just to free up space, I have yet to find a use case for holy, and considering Exdeath himself has wicked light, probably won't

This reminds me, does ribbon block Stop? Does anything block Stop?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

deltah posted:

I'm a relative newbie and someone said on the Google document that you can request friends in this thread. My leader is a Vaan. My player id is 126,676,980. Added you bro.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

cosmicprank posted:

I'm a relative newbie and someone said on the Google document that you can request friends in this thread. My leader is a Vaan. My player id is 126,676,980. Added you bro.

Don't forget to change your greeting (Friends -> Send Gifts) to include something so people know you're from SA and not a random pubbie. Some only add goons as friends, others when they cull their friends list remove pubbies first, etc. etc.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the most part I don't really enjoy the arena much., but when you're down to your last guy about to lose and then Butz petrifys the last 3 opponents all in the same Gale Barrage to win you kinda have to smile.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Does dual cast stack by the way? Like if I stuck one on exdeath would I get triple cast?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
no, but he'll have dual cast and dual cast black magic

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vault of hidden treasures is open. Assemble the silver monkey statue in the correct order and you can proceed into the throne room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MohShuvuu posted:

no, but he'll have dual cast and dual cast black magic

Can you dual cast dual cast black magic?

• Locked thread