Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I doubt the last of the gifts I ordered from aliexpress will get here today but I hope something arrives. :( they weren't really that important in the grand scheme of things but it would be nice to give them to people tomorrow.

also I hope yall have a good holiday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I can't decide where I want to go after college but more importantly I'm stuck in the smallest small town until then. At least since I'm over 25 and local I get a huuuuggee discount on college but still, ugh.

I'm hoping I can scrape enough cash together to visit some friends during summer (since I won't be taking summer classes) and deciding where I'm going to live after that. I'm thinking Seattle because it's fairly close to my family and friends in Vancouver without actually dealing with immigration.

The other first world problem is that I finally got my ukulele out of storage and the neck is bent. :(

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:argh: I have ~$30 in google play credit, mostly from doing surveys, that starts expiring at the end of this month. I'm trying to find things to spend it on but I don't really care about games or a lot of apps. for some reason all the swiftkey keyboard skins are free now, and I wanted to spend some of the credit on an album that I didn't have but they had a 50% deal so I only used $3.

this is super pathetic lmao

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The Snoo posted:

:argh: I have ~$30 in google play credit, mostly from doing surveys, that starts expiring at the end of this month. I'm trying to find things to spend it on but I don't really care about games or a lot of apps. for some reason all the swiftkey keyboard skins are free now, and I wanted to spend some of the credit on an album that I didn't have but they had a 50% deal so I only used $3.

this is super pathetic lmao

One of my friends got super obsessed with doing those surveys to earn google play credit, and kept telling me to do it too. I have like negative interest in it, since I've owned an android phone for about 6 years and have probably spent a total of $4 on the market.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KingColliwog posted:

Been trying to since yesterday. Won't come out. It's my first time dealing with this! First world problems are hard dude

Go chug a bottle of calcium citrate.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Inzombiac posted:

Go chug a bottle of calcium citrate.

Went snowshoeing for over half an hour and chugged some coffee. I'm glad to tell you guys that I managed to destroy a toilet before anyone arrived.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Even if I am not excited about the Xmas event for Pokemon Go, I wanted to finish my walk, but it's raining and cold and overcast. The roads were flooded earlier.

I wish I could see my nieces and nephews' faces when they open their Xmas gifts but the families don't Skype, so I just hope the kids like what I got them.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My boyfriend's mother decided to call us on Christmas Eve freaking out that her 18-month-old grandson might have autism from the mercury in vaccines. Tis the season!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well poop. Woot had kindles for 15$ but they sold out like crazy quick. I would have bought a couple for late Christmas gifts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Someone finally sent me a hello message on my OKC who wasn't obviously a bot. I sent a polite greeting in return and that was the end of that. :negative:

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007
What else should they say?

Cowslips Warren posted:

My rescue group did a Xmas pull this year; since Xmas falls on a Sunday, the Yuma animal pound sent a list to all rescues with close to 100 cats and kittens that would be put down. My rescue is in Phoenix. A few people did the long trip there, and the bitch at the intake center started whining how stressful it is for her when more than a few felines go out, because of all the paperwork. oval office, they will be PUT DOWN tonight unless someone takes them and fosters them, I have no time for your pity poo poo.

Same intake woman told our rescue president not to touch one case of kittens because they were exposed to ringworm, and would be put down because of it. President stared at the lady, opened the case, took out one kitten and rubbed it all over her face and arms, and passed it around to the rest of the group, who did the same, then added the case to our intake pile.

Ringworm is not a worm, it's like athlete's foot, a fungus, and the number 1 reason animals are put down because it spreads so fast and takes so long to treat. We all know it. It's a loving bitch to treat and I hate it but I hate being a grinch more, so I agreed to take some kittens despite wanting a break from fostering.

So we have 4 new foster kittens, and my FWP is that they all came with names already and I can only remember Simon and Salvador and the other two are other S names. I want to change them because the names all suck, and might not be able to because of the paperwork involved.

You're a good person.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I always go out of my way to get gifts for my friends and family. Like, I spend *time*.
However, year after year, I almost get nothing in return and if I do get something, it's generic stuff. My sister is the only one that puts thought into it and it's great.

Of course I don't give gifts with any sort of expectation but I'm tired of feeling unappreciated.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got a copy of the Ernest Cline novel Ready Player One for Christmas

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

:sever:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So for the first time in years my entire family is on speaking terms and people are somewhat happy to be together, which is nice.

On the other hand I got Dishonored 2 which was the second thing on my wishlist and not Dark Souls 3, which was the top thing on my list. :reject:

My brother knows I'm a huge weeb and a fan of Danganronpa. So he was really considerate and got me the DVD set of Danganronpa 3.

Which I hate because it's badly paced, full of retcons and deus ex machina, and basically completely misses what made the series good. :negative:

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's always nice when people are creative in how they tell you they hate you.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I gave out some free furniture on Craigslist and the guy went around and sold it :( I was hoping I could give it to some poor bright eyed young couple or something.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think I'm getting old, because I remember the days when holiday Steam sales were times when I'd be excited to get a bunch of games I was interested in for dirt cheap. Now, I open Steam and go "Do I really want to spend X on this?" for everything on my wishlist, sigh, and say no.

I suppose my FWP is either getting old or actually becoming more responsible on what distractions I buy.

e: bonus FWP: it took me way too long to register on a game-specific forum, because I couldn't find the answer to the make-sure-you're-not-a-bot security question. I only found out the answer by randomly browsing the forum in question and finding a bug report that actually used the security-question name instead of a more generic one.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Dec 26, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Steam sales had been bad since they started the refund policy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My FWP is that I'm too poor to afford the games I want on sale even when they are on steam sales.

Like if GTA5 was 15-20$ I'd snap it up in a heartbeat for PC play, but I have it on ps3 AND ps4 so 30 bucks for a game I rarely play anyway is just too much to throw away.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My FWP is that I'm too poor to afford the games I want on sale even when they are on steam sales.

Like if GTA5 was 15-20$ I'd snap it up in a heartbeat for PC play, but I have it on ps3 AND ps4 so 30 bucks for a game I rarely play anyway is just too much to throw away.

Maybe you're so poor because you keep buying the same thing multiple times.

Don't look at me. I need a sixth copy of Jedi Outcast.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Somebody on my floor cooked some fish for dinner that stunk up the whole floor. It smells astonishingly bad.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

The rat says squee posted:

You're a good person.

Not really, but fostering kittens that would be put down otherwise at least makes me feel good, and on days when I'm depressed, forces me to get out of bed and do things because loving hell, the smallest kitten, now named Pipsqueak, can scream the house down when she is hungry/bored/scared/dreaming. I have never once fostered a kitten that made so much noise when she was clearly asleep!

So Simon, Salvador, Percy, and Pipsqueak.

FWP: just saw my niece, 12, and nephew, 9, and they are both so big and adultish I was surprised. I was their nanny for both of them, from about six months to three years each, and saw them every day. They go to preschool, Aunt Cowslips maybe saw them once a month. Now only at holidays. But it's a shocker to see how much time has passed, when it feels like no time has passed at all on my side. They're both that slight embarrassed to be seen with relatives in public phase, and it's somewhat awkward to suggest we go to the movies or have a game day when they're older and might be interested, or they might not want to hurt my feelings, it's hard to say.

Trying to find a new computer, possibly for both me and my mom, and there are so many goddamn options and people telling me to build my own, it's overwhelming. It's almost as bad as shopping for a home or car.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Cowslips Warren posted:

FWP: just saw my niece, 12, and nephew, 9, and they are both so big and adultish I was surprised. [...] They're both that slight embarrassed to be seen with relatives in public phase, and it's somewhat awkward to suggest we go to the movies or have a game day when they're older and might be interested, or they might not want to hurt my feelings, it's hard to say.

Even when I was in that phase, hanging out with my favorite uncle was always awesome. Then again, when I was 12, my favorite uncle was 24. Are you either the favorite uncle or young enough to seem cool to them?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe you're so poor because you keep buying the same thing multiple times.

Don't look at me. I need a sixth copy of Jedi Outcast.

That couldn't possibly be it.

It's steam's fault, really. If they'd just lower the price a bit more it'd be fine but NNNOOOOO obviously they are horrible money hungry monsters who want me to be slightly irritated that I'm forced... FORCED.. to play The Witcher 3 on PS4 instead of my new kick rear end gaming computer I built this year.

Monsters. :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I still have not have the proper occasion to debut my new St. John dress, and now I got two new designer dresses so the queue is backing up :gonk:.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Even when I was in that phase, hanging out with my favorite uncle was always awesome. Then again, when I was 12, my favorite uncle was 24. Are you either the favorite uncle or young enough to seem cool to them?

The youngest of their extended family (their mom's sisters are in their mid to late 40s and they rarely see them, and never see the other side of the family) and when I do see the kids, it's for a movie day/swim day/vidjagames marathon. So maybe?

FWP: why isn't Costco open earlier? I start work at 9 and they open at 930 and after work I am too tired to brave that warehouse.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm in the expression ess lane and I swear this cashier is the slowest loving cashier in the world. And they're still playing goddamn Christmas music!!!!

E: it has taken her 8 minutes to check out the two people in front of me! No she is not mentally handicapped.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:05 on Dec 27, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I haven't seen Rogue One yet, and thanks to some idiot in YouTube who decided that "[HUGE loving ROGUE ONE SPOILER] explained" is a good title for a promoted video I pretty much got the ending spoiled for me :arghfist::mad:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What's the spoiler? Also, have you seen A New Hope?

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
carrie fisher died :(

I was going to complain about something else but drat this year has been rude.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mikl posted:

I haven't seen Rogue One yet, and thanks to some idiot in YouTube who decided that "[HUGE loving ROGUE ONE SPOILER] explained" is a good title for a promoted video I pretty much got the ending spoiled for me :arghfist::mad:

Uh, how were you expecting it to end?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Uh, how were you expecting it to end?

Honestly? I didn't expect anything at all. I've been carefully avoiding spoilers going in so I know pretty much zero about the movie except "a bunch of dudes try to steal the Death Star plans also Darth Vader is in there somewhere maybe". (And the ending now, thanks to that one fucker.)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mikl posted:

Honestly? I didn't expect anything at all. I've been carefully avoiding spoilers going in so I know pretty much zero about the movie except "a bunch of dudes try to steal the Death Star plans also Darth Vader is in there somewhere maybe". (And the ending now, thanks to that one fucker.)

I guess I don't understand how you don't know the ending, given the beginning of ANH. :shrug:

Unrelated: When I'm out with a group and am the only one hungry at a normal time to eat a meal. Uh sure, we can eat lunch at 2:30pm instead of a time like noon. Then I get tired and cranky until I eat.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want to eat some delicious pulled pork with baked beans and a "frank-a-roni" (mac and cheese and hot dog pieces rolled into a ball, breaded, and deep fried) but I don't want to get any fatter.

Mikl posted:

What did the video title spoil?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

This is the 6th straight day of social plans I'm "stuck" going to, with at least one more to go. I just want to take my pants off and play videogames.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

What did the video title spoil?

Title was "Jyn's death scene explained"

Jyn's name being one of the few details I know about the movie, since it's been mentioned in literally all the trailers.

Or have I been trolled? Wait, don't answer that, I still have to watch the movie, probably will on Friday.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The related videos column on Youtube is now almost exclusively videos I've already watched

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mikl posted:

Title was "Jyn's death scene explained"

Jyn's name being one of the few details I know about the movie, since it's been mentioned in literally all the trailers.

Or have I been trolled? Wait, don't answer that, I still have to watch the movie, probably will on Friday.

All I'll say is that you'll probably enjoy the movie more if you watch A New Hope before. IMO, Rogue One isn't quite as good as a standalone movie.

Also all those "explained" videos are so trash.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

All I'll say is that you'll probably enjoy the movie more if you watch A New Hope before. IMO, Rogue One isn't quite as good as a standalone movie.

Also all those "explained" videos are so trash.

I may have watched A New Hope. Once or twice.

I am a huge Star Wars nerd actually :cripes: my friends know to avoid discussing Star Wars in my presence because once I get going about it I do not stop :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The Black rabbit of Inle comes for us all. And when he calls you, you have to go with him.

RIP Richard Adams.