Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Idc if the dude is fun sized, king sized whatever as long as the dick good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A guy friend of mine I've known since like forever is around 5', and if life had gone differently I'd happily have married him :shrug:.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

There's data out there that tall women and short men are the least contacted on dating sites. You can up your chances of replies and dates by being not-a-loving-weirdo to them.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

tall women are hot

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pick posted:

A guy friend of mine I've known since like forever is around 5', and if life had gone differently I'd happily have married him :shrug:.

Like if you'd been crippled in a car accident and were only 3'10" in a wheelchair?

Trevor Hale posted:

There's data out there that tall women and short men are the least contacted on dating sites. You can up your chances of replies and dates by being not-a-loving-weirdo to them.

You'd think they'd be a perfect match. Someone has to help those guys get things off the top shelves.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 27, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
There was a short dude that was pretty cool and I might have dated him except I didn't.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He married someone else!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Trevor Hale posted:

Checks out I'm 5'5 my gf is 6'1

If you're a short dude you should date up, I've found taller women to be less judgmental about height.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

I know some short dudes who are really really bitter about the callousness with which some women will point blank reject short dudes. The number of times I've heard "if a man said outright he wasn't into fat girls and told someone he wasn't interested because she was fat he'd be called a dick, so how is it ok for girls to do that to short guys?" is a bit ridiculous. Although maybe I'm just a privileged Chad with my 1.97m and am oblivious to the true horrors of misandry.

Because some women are really loving rude about it and it's easy to turn that into anger.

I don't have that issue cause I'm 6ft but if a womans rude about that in their dating profile I take it as a red flag and don't message them.

The short guy who I've seen that happen to though, has been in a relationship for exactly a month, dating for a month before that, and has bought a music box and a deck of cards hes writing 52 things he loves about her on. Tomorrow hes buying her a ring. He already gave her a christmas present too and hes giving her these gifts when she gets back from holidays on the 29th. He's been dumped twice for being waaaay too clingy. I really want to tell him he's being a dingus but I know he'll get upset. euuuugh why. He's otherwise completely normal too. It's like an r/relationship post happening in real time and its painful to watch.

E: He just told me he's done 13 cards and went eugh at the thought of needing to do 39 more. It was very hard not to say maybe that means you shouldn't be doing it cause you have been together a month come ooooon

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 27, 2016

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

underage at the vape shop posted:

He's been dumped twice for being waaaay too clingy. I really want to tell him he's being a dingus but I know he'll get upset.

Help him out and upset him a little now so that he might have a chance at not being heartbroken and alone later on.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

lohli posted:

Help him out and upset him a little now so that he might have a chance at not being heartbroken and alone later on.

I can't, he's a literal child wrt relationships and he won't be an adult about it if I say something. He'll take it personally, I know from experience. He has to realise it himself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Because some women are really loving rude about it and it's easy to turn that into anger.

I don't have that issue cause I'm 6ft but if a womans rude about that in their dating profile I take it as a red flag and don't message them.

I roll my eyes at anyone who demands a specific hair color. whatever himmler

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
looking for 5'4" natural redhead with a rose-scented flutter clam

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I don't think clams are supposed to flutter.

I can't, he's a literal child wrt relationships and he won't be an adult about it if I say something. He'll take it personally, I know from experience. He has to realise it himself.

Getting dumped twice and seeming to be on the path to a third means he probably won't realise it. Be the hero he needs.

Sounds like you should give him a little warning that he risks being seen as overbearing and clingy, not that he shouldn't be affectionate and do nice things, just that he should probably dial it back a bit. Or see if you can get him to talk to her about his having been dumped for being clingy and to get her to tell him when she thinks he might be going over the top and to, again, dial things back a bit.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lohli posted:

I don't think clams are supposed to flutter.

Guess it depends how high a bar you want to set for yourself.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dreddout posted:

Checks out I'm 5'5 my gf is 6'1

If you're a short dude you should date up, I've found taller women to be less judgmental about height.

It's a good way to help spare your own children from the same miserable fate you've been dealt. Get some tall genes in there.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

This is true and a real double standard. When I was going through puberty I grew a huge chip on my shoulder due to being rejected for my stature. Then I realized that if a woman is so shallow to reject me over a minor cosmetic thing she isn't worth my attention anyway!

Being unattracted to me is my biggest turn off. I'd rather you be a Third Reich enthusiast.

Chichevache posted:

It's a good way to help spare your own children from the same miserable fate you've been dealt. Get some tall genes in there.

I blame my Mexican heritage.
Luckily my children will have the privileged access to high-demand gardening jobs and clock in at a solid 5'9

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

It ain't all bad tho, I'm at perfect motorboating height

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
uh that 9 year old owns. you are a moron in the medical sense if you think otherwise. that kid will grow up to be my boss.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno maybe short dudes are just jelly you can add a quarter of a foot to your height and see it as particularly bothersome if you're already above average. Personally I can only think of one time in my entire adult life i've seen a woman as tall as me, shoes or not, and had I not already been taken I think that alone would have made me try to start a conversation so I can't really relate but to be fair society does put a ton of pressure on dudes to be tall and I'm sure most of them didn't exactly want to develop complexes about it.

e: either way that guy is obviously being a weenie but the story just sounds so fake it's hard to take seriously. "Reddit please help my dick is so big it keeps getting stuck in these hot women everywhere I go'

There are women who wont date men shorter than them. I know people on both sides of that issue.

manlet most likely is venting his frustrations, and needs to learn how to deal.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dicky mouse posted:

There are women who wont date men shorter than them. I know people on both sides of that issue.

manlet most likely is venting his frustrations, and needs to learn how to deal.
I've had women reject me because of my height, and I'm 6'1 so not mutant tall or anything. I've had women reject me because of scars from surgery that are normally obscured by clothing. Can't say I particularly care, though. If someone doesn't like you for something out of your control be glad they didn't waste any more of your time.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm gunna talk to my friend but I think timing is everything if I want it to sink in. He's not very self aware I don't think.

The women who are lovely to short men are a minority, a big one though. It's easy to say be glad they didnt waste your time but it still sucks for short people to get shat on for something they can't control. It's funny when fat women do it cause lol they should know better.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 27, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

It's funny when fat women do it cause lol they should know better.
If they date someone larger than them they look smaller.

Actually, I have never dated a fat girl because they always reject me. Makes no sense at all imo.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 27, 2016

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

Khorne posted:

I've had women reject me because of my height, and I'm 6'1 so not mutant tall or anything. I've had women reject me because of scars from surgery that are normally obscured by clothing. Can't say I particularly care, though. If someone doesn't like you for something out of your control be glad they didn't waste any more of your time.

I have scars and a skin graff....and yeah I feel ya buddy. Thought in my case I often wonder if it wasn't just a excuses

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I've been rejected for being too good-looking. Apparently it makes some people uncomfortable. I was bothered at the time, but I got past it eventually.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

The unfeeling brutality of huge women, am I right, ladies?

Honestly I hate tall girls too because they're all straight and won't date me. Sample size: tall women I have tried to have sex with.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I've been rejected for being too good-looking. Apparently it makes some people uncomfortable. I was bothered at the time, but I got past it eventually.

Same.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My [19F] boyfriend [19M] got me an... interesting gift and both of our parents are weireded out/disappointed?

quote:

We've been together for a little under a year now. Christmas was half of me with my family, then half of me with his.
I got him an autographed poster of his favorite comedian, Jim Gaffigan (we agreed to a budget of $60 and it fit into it).
He got me... a muscle shirt? Like a shirt with muscles on it. And a fake mustache. I think he got the second one because I love guys with mustaches?
But yeah, it wasn't an awesome gift. I still made sure to show my support though, because he was clearly very excited about it and got them to make me laugh. He had spent a lot of hours looking for the "perfect" gift, according to past text messages, and had wanted me to be really excited about it. He even told a friend (who told me privately before I received the gift) that he was really excited to give it to me and hoped that I would love it. So I did my best to act like I did.
His parents asked me what he got me, so I showed them. They both looked weirded out too, because why would you give a feminine 19 year old girl a man shirt and a mustache?
When my parents got home today, the asked what I got. My mom (a dramatic) said it was awful and I chided her that it was the thought that counts.
I do feel a little sad, admittedly. It's a bit selfish, but I feel like he didn't really think about what I might have wanted. I understand though that he's a 19 year old guy, and (no offense to any 19 year old guys here) 19 year old guys can be dense as bricks. I had given him a couple easy ideas: flowers, some toys for the children's hospital, citrus soap...
I can get over a gag gift. My poor boyfriend looked so heartbroken though, because he said that my gift was "so amazing" and he felt like his was "really stupid in comparison" (I said NOTHING to hint that). Unfortunately, everyone seems to be judging him too (mutual friends who saw the gift looked confused).
I feel guilty that I don't like the present, and I'm tired of people judging him for a poor pick and judging me for putting up with that. He's a really sweet guy and does care about me, just doesn't always understand what a girl wants.
tl;dr:Boyfriend gives a gag gift for Christmas, leaves everyone gagging.
EDIT: Okay, let me add a few things-
1) He's not upset anymore. It lasted like a full two minutes and as far as I know, it's over. He's oblivious to the scathing looks of the parents. I think it's more me now because people are judging me for my taste in boyfriend.
2) He's not weird. Just has a kind of strange humor. Pretty sure he's like Arin from Game Grumps. (Oh god, I'm dating Arin from Game Grumps) Perfectly normal dude. Lots of friends. Former captain of the high school football team. Top of his class. College GPA of 3.9. Has had past girlfriends, but none of them as serious as me. Played the V-card to me, first girl he told that he loved.
3) Honestly, I feel like he doesn't understand me sometimes. I do love him and care about him, but I need romance on occasion. I don't think maybe taking me on the occasional surprise date or buying me flowers is too much. Most of the time, I do all the planning and he says that he doesn't care what we do, which hurts, but I understand that it's a matter of poor wording and that he likes spending time with me and gets upset if I don't talk to him or try to turn away from affection. I'm a lady, dammit. I do so much for him and cater to a lot of his needs, the least I could ask for is that he indulge the occasional frivolous romantic gesture.

Simple solution is for her to bang her boyfriend's dad, who I assume has a moustache

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lol at butt-touching Christmas party guy.
"I drank all day at work and then grabbed someone''s butt three times. Is it possible I was drugged? Maybe I'm the real victim here."

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Drunk Nerds posted:

Lol at butt-touching Christmas party guy.
"I drank all day at work and then grabbed someone''s butt three times. Is it possible I was drugged? Maybe I'm the real victim here."

Yeah. Interesting how he can recall with some accuracy every drink he had all day but then suddenly has a massive blank spot right where he starts groping.

Also, I've investigated two such incidents this Xmas (I work in HR, don't judge) and both perps came up with the same excuse 'I can't remember, I was drunk'.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah. Interesting how he can recall with some accuracy every drink he had all day but then suddenly has a massive blank spot right where he starts groping.

Also, I've investigated two such incidents this Xmas (I work in HR, don't judge) and both perps came up with the same excuse 'I can't remember, I was drunk'.

Not judging but what is the best way forward (besides not doing it)

If he admits to it then its case closed and you have no choice to take action, but a he said she said situation is more tricky no?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I had thirteen drinks that day, is it possible the last one had MDMA in it?

Because then I'm still a decent human being.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Google is giving me 1.5m for 5'10'' and that's not tall at all? :confused:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Any single ladies looking for a tall guy, pm me ;)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HardDiskD posted:

Google is giving me 1.5m for 5'10'' and that's not tall at all? :confused:

It's 1.77m

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

monkeytennis posted:

I mean really. 'No honey, I was drugged!' -makes post on Reddit in attempt to make it true-

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Dicky mouse posted:

Not judging but what is the best way forward (besides not doing it)

If he admits to it then its case closed and you have no choice to take action, but a he said she said situation is more tricky no?

if he was that drunk he cant remember he was probbaly drunk enough to do it infront of people/witnesses

either way, "you were at a work event and got so drunk you cant remember what you did. there were complaints. you are a liability. go pack your things'

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 27, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Why do companies even allow alcohol at their sanctioned and often paid for events? It just seems like liability all the way down. It's like a trap.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Why do companies even allow alcohol at their sanctioned and often paid for events? It just seems like liability all the way down. It's like a trap.
It's a great way to get rid of gently caress ups and creeps on a yearly basis!

If you do get caught, "I do not recall touching any butts" is probably the safest option though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Because companies and the people who run them are loving dumb as alllll hell