Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dirt posted:

I don't get it. Someone explain

some ppl have the wrong numbers of chemicals in their brain and as a result they are All hosed Up In The Head

visit onnit dot com to buy nootropics and maybe you can avoid posting like a weird creeper dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
someone hasnt been taking their alpha brain lmao

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009
Eddie Bravo is worse than Redban.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

WaterIsPoison posted:

the only time he's funny is when he gets frustrated that someone doesn't 100% agree with his schizophrenic theories

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
It's funny for the first few minutes until it's just him alternating between screaming and being a smug dick

Dirt
May 26, 2003

If there isn't a YouTube video about it it's not real news.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

WaterIsPoison posted:

He's pretty bad but let's not get crazy.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Dirt posted:

I don't get it. Someone explain

He's a crazy person who thinks a bunch of posters here, if not all of us, are members of a Tribes 2 discussion forums that banned him. When Lowtax first permabanned him, he wrote a 150 page manifesto. I'm not joking in the slightest, by the way.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he's right

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I can't wait to hear Joe talk about that Ronda Rousey beating

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
He was smart enough to build in deniability by saying "who the gently caress knows" when discussing the fight.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't think Joe is as big a Ronda Rousey mark as some paint him. I was listening to something earlier this week where Joe was talking up Amanda Nunes' striking game like crazy with Brendan Schwabb, adding that she poses a very real threat to Ronda and openly criticized the UFC's narrative in making the promotional material all about Ronda and almost none at all about Nunez.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

beep by grandpa posted:

Brendan Schwabb

lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't know how to spell his name,I just remember him for his haircut lol

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
As someone with very little UFC knowledge, and experience limited to a couple fights and her turn on that reality show, Ronda Rousey didn't seem that cool. I am feeling a little bad feeling schadenfreude at her loss but I always felt like she was really fronting and overcompensating for a lack of depth and skill.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The fact that they let her come in, take that beating and not have to do press before or after just looks bad to me. I feel very bad for her, with regards to how the entire internet turned on her, so sad.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

She did it to herself. As someone else pointed out earlier, if you talk massive, massive amounts of poo poo, people are going to absolutely revel in your inevitable defeat. At least with Holly she degraded and went down swinging. This was an indefensible rear end beating. It was absolutely pathetic to watch.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
What amazes me is that basically everybody involved in her life, including random MMA journalists (lol) and her mom was telling her that she needed to work on her striking and at least find a boxing coach who actually knew how to coach, but apparently that was too complicated.

It wasn't just that she got destroyed in 48 seconds, it was that she looked incompetent. Again.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Why is she so attached to a coach with a track record that's so bad?

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Why is she so attached to a coach with a track record that's so bad?

1. After her dads death she has always stuck with coaches that were borderline abusive male authority figures.

2. To Edmunds credit he was the only person who gave her a shot in mma and really helped her out when she was poor as hell

It'll be interesting to see if she stayed without any prodding or if he guilted her into it.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Maybe Edmund can be the villian in her eventual 8-mile type movie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did you guys gear the audio from edmund's corner during the fight? He spends all 48 seconds yelling MOVE YOUR HEAD, MOVE YOUR HEAD and then CLINCH, CLINCH in the final seconds. Spoilers, she does neither of these and then dies.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Does Joe mention Goldberg at all in his post fight podcast

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Has anybody listened to the Bert & Tom weigh ins yet? I have a long drive tomorrow and am kind of excited to find out who is still fat.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Keg posted:

Has anybody listened to the Bert & Tom weigh ins yet? I have a long drive tomorrow and am kind of excited to find out who is still fat.

Not a big fan of Bert but yea it's funny. I assume you don't want the results spoiled?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Keg posted:

I listened to the first one. It's hilarious and I plan on listening to the follow up episode. I laughed especially hard when they made fun of Ari for trying to flake on the bet. Please no one spoil the #whoisfat results!

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Does Joe mention Goldberg at all in his post fight podcast

Not a word.

Bert and Todd talking about the public trolling Bert for being fat was some of the funniest stuff I've heard in a while. People are insane

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I watched both of them. They were great. They get hammered in the second one.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

beep by grandpa posted:

Did you guys gear the audio from edmund's corner during the fight? He spends all 48 seconds yelling MOVE YOUR HEAD, MOVE YOUR HEAD and then CLINCH, CLINCH in the final seconds. Spoilers, she does neither of these and then dies.

Edmund is a bad coach, but it makes me wonder if Rousey just doesn't understand boxing at all.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

Edmund is a bad coach, but it makes me wonder if Rousey just doesn't understand boxing at all.

I think the verdict is pretty clear that Rousey doesn't.

Edit:vvv So good. Bananas.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 4, 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

This is my favorite video

https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/5lueux/joe_rogans_entire_being_condensed_into_19_seconds/?st=IXJIQ4XR&sh=19a0fa90

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

hot sauce posted:

I listened to the first one. It's hilarious and I plan on listening to the follow up episode. I laughed especially hard when they made fun of Ari for trying to flake on the bet. Please no one spoil the #whoisfat results!

I've listened to the first one for a few minutes, up until they're describing the facetime call where a random fan yells Bert is Fat, followed by "I love you mommy, thanks Jeans" after she finds out Bert is on the phone with Tom. This is loving great. These two guys should do some sort of Kenny vs Spenny competition show or something.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Keg posted:

These two guys should do some sort of Kenny vs Spenny competition show or something.

They sort of decided to this during the 2nd episode. Throwing around a bunch of ideas. The last one being 3 months to train then a BJJ match at EBI. I'd watch that.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Dirt posted:

They sort of decided to this during the 2nd episode. Throwing around a bunch of ideas. The last one being 3 months to train then a BJJ match at EBI. I'd watch that.

poo poo, it would be an absolute dream of mine to watch a couple of out of shape 3 month white belts spaz all over eachother

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I had no idea Van Wilder was based on Bert's life. That's so bizarre

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
fuckin lol @ bert run/walking marathons on his treadmill so that he can lose an insane amount of weight and joe/tom calling him the machinist

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
ari comparing the backlash he got for trying to welch on the bet to the dude who killed cecil the lion lmao

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
The part about the weight loss challenge that legitimately confuses me is that they kept going on about how Tom is six feet tall.

I'm six feet tall and I had my picture taken with Tom Segura in August after a show and I look like a teenager standing next to a bear in the picture. Tom looks several inches taller than me.

So I don't know where this talk about Tom only being 6 foot is coming from, let alone Ari saying that Tom is under 6 foot.

I also talked to Tom about his IBS and how I lost 100 pounds on Atkins and how I eat super clean now with lots of veggies, so I'm pretty sure I inadvertantly kicked this whole challenge off, my dudes.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Kinda disappointed Joe agreed to cover Ari's bet. There was more comedy to be had from this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Copper Vein posted:

The part about the weight loss challenge that legitimately confuses me is that they kept going on about how Tom is six feet tall.

I'm six feet tall and I had my picture taken with Tom Segura in August after a show and I look like a teenager standing next to a bear in the picture. Tom looks several inches taller than me.

So I don't know where this talk about Tom only being 6 foot is coming from, let alone Ari saying that Tom is under 6 foot.

Somewhere earlier on in this whole thing the BMI at which you stop being obese came up and they were talking about their heights. Maybe a Bertcast where they phoned Ari.