Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt

Powershift posted:

A russian chess grandmaster recently died trying that stuff.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/russian-chess-grandmaster-20-dies-in-parkour-fall-1.3178719

chess grandmaster at 17, fell off the 12th story of an apartment building at 20 trying to jump between balconies.

I guess you could say he made a bad move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why is he flailing around here, exactly?

costly signalling

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://imgur.com/kU4KNX4

Even signals the lane change.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Russians believe in fatalism and don't fear death.

Pomf.

He survived.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
death has no power over you when you live in Russia

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just don't drink the alcohol as you will be blind if it doesn't kill you.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

In Soviet Russia, death is you!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That Dang Lizard posted:

He only knew knight moves, it's not surprising he couldn't pull off a straight jump.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
russia is such a boring place that kids have taken climbing on stuff too far

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powershift posted:

A russian chess grandmaster recently died trying that stuff.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/russian-chess-grandmaster-20-dies-in-parkour-fall-1.3178719

chess grandmaster at 17, fell off the 12th story of an apartment building at 20 trying to jump between balconies.

Every youth in Russia, no matter their accomplishments, is still vulnerable to deadly drunken stunts. It's literally the only thing to do there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, russia is fantastic.

this cop got caught trying to steal a bunch of guardrails.

he would have gotten away with it if he didn't try loading it all through the front bumper.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm trying hard to figure out what the hell you had to do to get a car in that situation

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glagha posted:

I'm trying hard to figure out what the hell you had to do to get a car in that situation

Ask Robert Kubica.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Glagha posted:

Noclip mode enabled

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whooping Crabs posted:

Noclip mode enabled

And then disabled halfway through!

I posted this a while ago in AI: a truck caused a car to go off the road, which then skidded for a bit on snow-covered ground and was finally stopped safely by a wooden fence:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Glagha posted:

Russians always have lag and end up flashing halfway through walls and poo poo.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

russia is such a boring place that kids have taken climbing on stuff too far

I don't recall where it was mentioned, maybe in this thread, but someone said that many of these Russian stunt junkies are so massively in debt to various nefarious people in Russia that they are basically dead anyhow, so making money off the ad revenue for doing insanely risky stuff is actually a viable way to raise funds to pay off said people, because the alternative is being dead anyway.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Sagebrush posted:

Probably. The mechanism of action is very similar to how cholinesterase-inhibitor nerve gases work on humans, and one of the immediate signs of poisoning by those compounds is that you start shooting fluids out of everywhere that can produce them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLUDGE_syndrome

In fact, VX and GB (sarin) chemical agents were both developed out of a program that was trying to invent new insecticides. I'm not sure if organophosphorous compounds are still used to kill bugs, but they sure do a good loving job.

I take a dose of .1 to .2 mg of atropine daily, am I immune to nerve gas? :black101:

Its added to IBS diarrhea medication so you wont try and take them all at once and "get high" off the Diphenoxylate. I think you'd need to take like 50 to get a "I think I feel something"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
thanks for telling us about your ibs :)

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We got pounded.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

That Dang Lizard posted:

NICE!

How in the hell is this country a super power?

Oh wait I forgot about our new executive administration. Well played, Russia, well played.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

That Dang Lizard posted:

BOOOOOO

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Toasticle posted:

I take a dose of .1 to .2 mg of atropine daily, am I immune to nerve gas? :black101:

Its added to IBS diarrhea medication so you wont try and take them all at once and "get high" off the Diphenoxylate. I think you'd need to take like 50 to get a "I think I feel something"

Some dude in TCC died ODing on Imodium AD.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

door Door door posted:

What a way to go.

No, wait...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

door Door door posted:

I'm kind of intrigued as to what the OD symptoms are.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

chitoryu12 posted:

http://www.thepoisonreview.com/2016/04/29/cardiac-effects-of-loperamide-overdose/

Imodium is an opiod, you just need to take a lot to get it to cross the blood-brain barrier. Overdose symptoms are typical opiod plus cardiac effects.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

chitoryu12 posted:

according to his wife he died from a heart attack in a movie theater

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Olothreutes posted:

I don't recall where it was mentioned, maybe in this thread, but someone said that many of these Russian stunt junkies are so massively in debt to various nefarious people in Russia that they are basically dead anyhow, so making money off the ad revenue for doing insanely risky stuff is actually a viable way to raise funds to pay off said people, because the alternative is being dead anyway.

If he was dealing with the mob he might have got rooked.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why is he flailing around here, exactly?

Because his life is completely devoid of meaning.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

So using first gear as a parking brake and starting without the clutch in? Pro move on not having it roll over him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Phuzun posted:

So using first gear as a parking brake and starting without the clutch in? Pro move on not having it roll over him.

I doubt he impacted the car's trajectory much. A pro move would have been to get the gently caress out of the way of the several thousand pounds of car falling towards him.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I will hopefully get pictures once the investigation and all that clears, but hey you know them lithium ion batteries? yeah they burn real good.

87 pounds of them :froggonk:

What a tease

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JoelJoel posted:

Sorry bout your boring life.

Post ur GoPro

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Because his life is completely devoid of meaning.

That's everyone, but most of us seem to get over it with some mixture of human contact and entertainment consumption.

eta: I don't want to hate on all extreme sports and activities, but I definitely struggle to understand the appeal.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 28, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

That's everyone, but most of us seem to get over it with some mixture of human contact and entertainment consumption.

eta: I don't want to hate on all extreme sports and activities, but I definitely struggle to understand the appeal.

He's literally wrestling with the alienation of life in industrial society, it's as straightforward a metaphor as you can get in sports.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

http://www.thepoisonreview.com/2016/04/29/cardiac-effects-of-loperamide-overdose/

Imodium is an opiod, you just need to take a lot to get it to cross the blood-brain barrier. Overdose symptoms are typical opiod plus cardiac effects.

No poo poo huh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bzzzzt

I mean at least pretend and throw a few wraps of tape around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006