Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I could likely get one of the interns to click through every comic and save it as a PDF, then open it with an editor to add the alt-text at the bottom. Assuming a college kid with a broken spirt is doing the work, how loing you guys think this will take?

If they can get even 75% of the way through before I am discoveded and fired it might be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A script to do that automatically would be exceeding easy to code, and you could probably find a coder to knock it out for you in less than an hour for a case of beer.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

pat posted:

achewood was a spectacular comic

Yeah but I hear that Onstad's artisanal soda tastes like dog penis medicine

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

pat posted:

achewood was a spectacular comic
It was, and if it couldn't end with a spectacular, fitting story like Phillipe Goes Home at least we got an explanation. There's no contemporary work of pop fiction I think about more than Achewood, that's more than he owes anyone other than that other thing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

tacodaemon posted:

It tastes like Crystal Pepsi?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

Obviously, they bought Dog Penis Medicine flavor.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Ending it in the blogs was kind of lame, but I'm pretty sure the sun will burn out before we get any more collected Achewood books so whatever.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I've always wanted to make myself a real nice and fancy leatherbound collection of Achewood.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

tacodaemon posted:

Dog: Ricky

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

tacodaemon posted:

I love how this strip alone merits a space in the storyline selection menu :allears:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Did Onstad just write a happy ending for Roast Beef? I think Todd got one at least.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Yes, using the product Onstad will soon sell can fix a sad cat's lifetime mental illness.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

bongwizzard posted:

I could likely get one of the interns to click through every comic and save it as a PDF, then open it with an editor to add the alt-text at the bottom. Assuming a college kid with a broken spirt is doing the work, how loing you guys think this will take?

If they can get even 75% of the way through before I am discoveded and fired it might be worth it.

I really hope that someone somewhere has all the strips saved at the very least, for when Chris becomes the first guy to die from a weed overdose after making cannabis-infused soda syrup

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Howard Beale posted:

Did Onstad just write a happy ending for Roast Beef? I think Todd got one at least.

Nah. It seems like a happy ending, and all his friends think it's a happy ending, but then two months go by and Ray pops by to pick Beef up to go to a Tenmen concert and finds Beef in the shower with his face shotgunned off.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah. It seems like a happy ending, and all his friends think it's a happy ending, but then two months go by and Ray pops by to pick Beef up to go to a Tenmen concert and finds Beef in the shower with his face shotgunned off.

You get better just enough to actually act.

You did it, Beef. You walked through those grocery store doors.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't remember seeing this here, but Chris Onstad wrote a thing for Eater back in November:

http://www.eater.com/2016/11/2/13499170/carls-jr-brother-chris-onstad

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Deathlove posted:

The end! No moral.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

withak posted:

I don't remember seeing this here, but Chris Onstad wrote a thing for Eater back in November:

http://www.eater.com/2016/11/2/13499170/carls-jr-brother-chris-onstad

This is a good read:

Onstad posted:

I was in every way the metaphorical clumsy, dismembered, five-foot articulated elephant penis flopping around on stage at the spelling bee of human existence

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Achewood Chris Onstad is a celebration of the English language.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

quote:

High gear as it was, anyhow. In the end, Hristo wasn't really trying to "flee" or "fight." We think a lot of nature, but this was not a moment of well-defined instinct or noble action. He was just a scared little boy caught in a complex matrix of safety, danger, family, and urine. He neither fought nor fled; if anything, he "noticed and was stung by the neutered scorpion of human pain."

some people try real hard and some people just got it

And onstad? You got it, baybee

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Everybody dance like you've got rear end in your pants.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is Beef, in his vision of a medical experiment, shaking the mouse's hand with the tweezers or pulling him back on to the table or what in the last panel?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I always read it as him coldly and methodically removing his paws from the table so he could fall to his death, like the hampster this girl accidentally dropped on the ground when I was working at the SPCA and we told her he was just literally scared stiff and not actually dead so she'd stop bawling and shaking

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I thought he was just giving the mouse a file to help him escape.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

He is clearly killing the mouse. Beef imagines himself killing the mouse, as it is what he would have to do, if he were to have a respectable job.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Beef could barely cook a rooster that still had its dong attached. He is respectfully shaking the little mouses hand after realizing he cannot murder them. He does not consider this a noble end, rather the logical conclusion of his failures as a man and an adult that he should capitulate to rodent peership so rapidly

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
The mouse watches in horror as the cat approaches his comrades with a hammer. They flee, but the mouse does not turn away. The cat congratulates him, the experiment was a success, science moves ever onward.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Potato Jones posted:

The mouse watches in horror as the cat approaches his comrades with a hammer. They flee, but the mouse does not turn away. The cat congratulates him, the experiment was a success, science moves ever onward.

But at what cost, Potato Jones, at what cost?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

In a fantasy of complicity with the function of capitalist society, Beef is confronted with the fact that if he were any better at existing than he is, he would be a monster.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I love how everyone's reading of a really straightforward fairly unambiguous thing is the most wrong, dumb thing ever.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
sure, nice troll. how about you run along with your dream journal while the adults work this out, yea?

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I started reading the blogs for the first time. They really are a treasure trove of content, and I’ve only gone through the first couple months of Ray and Beef.
I wish Onstead would have made comics out of the Korean BBQ trip or Ray’s Country Western and/or Machete parties.

Beef calling a Mexican dish “crass and lovely” makes me laugh every time I think about it for some reason.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
the "random" button on achewood has been such a good friend to me over the years

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

the "random" button on achewood has been such a good friend to me over the years

`

alt text THE DEMONS AND ELVES MADE DARK LOVE TO THE WITCHES AND THUS WERE THEIR SCEPTYRES HIDDEN

Works for me as well!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Indeed.

up yours Mr. bear

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
rest in peace achewood

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 26, 2017

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
achewood was a good webcomic and I am sad it's gone

Adbot