Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Isn't John Landis the guy that John Goodman's character in the big lebowski is based on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ParanoidInc posted:

Isn't John Landis the guy that John Goodman's character in the big lebowski is based on?

No, he's based on this dude https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milius

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Oh, I'm an idiot. Always confused the two, ty

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

talk poo poo on Coming to America if you wanna catch these hands

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/813497246989709312
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18337386/triple-h-future-nxt-standing-wwe-universe
I love when Dave gets salty about this stuff

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Lol yeah Devitt from that little NJPW indie needed to learn how the big boys play

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Lol yeah Devitt from that little NJPW indie needed to learn how the big boys play
He needed to know how hard cameras work!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Triple H was always bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
finn stinks

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Call Me Charlie posted:

But if you read Max's posts on Reddit, you'd realize that his family were the real victims. The accident (NOT INCIDENT) was unavoidable.

wish John Landis was more of a helicopter parent

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Nice.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

achillesforever6 posted:

He needed to know how hard cameras work!

I can only imagine Finn being sarcastic here and HHH not picking up on it at all.

"Oh thanks for teaching me so much, I had no idea how all your fancy cameras worked being as I've only been on the indies and all" :rolleyes:

HHH: "Glad to help, kid, welcome to the big leagues!" :smug:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Then, like, Triple H takes some time to brag about how cool and smart he is to the other wrestlers meanwhile, Finn steals his girl! And Triple H is like "drat Finn I'm so impressed u want to be my protege" whenever he comes home to find Finn hanging around. And it goes on like this and hits the dirt sheets so everybody knows that Triple H is a huge idiot excpet for him. So he comes out for his 20 minute promos and all the crowds are mocking him but he thinks he's getting real heel heat. Meanwhile I'm sending fire tweets at him and he responds to every one with a lame retort and I look so rad and Alexa Bliss comes to my house and says "u should run the WWE" so I do and everything that's wrong with it is fixed overnight, then Alexa and I get married

btw in this scenario I'm shadow the hedghog

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 27, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Basic Chunnel posted:

Then, like, Triple H takes some time to brag about how cool and smart he is to the other wrestlers meanwhile, Finn steals his girl! And Triple H is like "drat Finn I'm so impressed u want to be my protege" whenever he comes home to find Finn hanging around. And it goes on like this and hits the dirt sheets so everybody knows that Triple H is a huge idiot excpet for him. So he comes out for his 20 minute promos and all the crowds are mocking him but he thinks he's getting real heel heat. Meanwhile I'm sending fire tweets at him and he responds to every one with a lame retort and I look so rad and Alexa Bliss comes to my house and says "u should run the WWE" so I do and everything that's wrong with it is fixed overnight, then Alexa and I get married

I'm sorry your games are so terrible, Shadow

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'd never pay $9.99 for a Super Shadow Run mobile game, but I do pay $9.99 for the WWE network so Trips wins again.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

ok

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
American Ultra was an okay movie

American Alpha is an okay tag team

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

Triple H was always bad

I liked the match where he brawled to the outside, hit a move and then lay down for two minutes and repeated the pattern for 30 minutes.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I tried to avoid reading discussions about the Sheetys, but I'm guessing the people who care about that are the same people in the "Dave's New Japan bias" echo chamber

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Reality has a New Japan bias.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

I tried to avoid reading discussions about the Sheetys, but I'm guessing the people who care about that are the same people in the "Dave's New Japan bias" echo chamber
I think the thing was Fray acting over the top that Mr. Lariatooo won best twitter and when Dave won best Japanese coverage.

Glad Casey/SquaredCircleSirens won best women's coverage since he's done a good job this year in getting all the scoops in that area.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm a huge fan of Dave, New Japan's my favorite promotion, and I find the endless star ratings complaints tiresome. It is kinda questionable giving him an award for "Best Japan Coverage" tho without "New" in there as a modifier as his coverage of everything else is spotty to nonexistent.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 27, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

I'm a huge fan of Dave, New Japan's my favorite promotion, and I find the endless star ratings complaints tiresome. It is kinda questionable giving him an award for "Best Japan Coverage" tho without "New" in there as a modifier as his coverage of everything else is spotty to nonexistent.

Well the category modifier was originally All, but that got nixed.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

StarkRavingMad posted:

http://i.imgur.com/o2Tjg5O.jpg

Still waiting for the next AEPodcast episode...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I heard BIG PAPPA PUMP was the modifier!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good Lord this week's Retro Raw is a loving tire fire. Can't wait to hear B&V recap it.

On that note, I haven't watched Sting/Hogan in a while and forgot how bad it is.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Benne posted:

Good Lord this week's Retro Raw is a loving tire fire. Can't wait to hear B&V recap it.

On that note, I haven't watched Sting/Hogan in a while and forgot how bad it is.

You didn't like the 5 minute segment about Chyna's breast implants?

This week was Hunter's fake knee injury, which was funny to read about.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You didn't like the 5 minute segment about Chyna's breast implants?

This week was Hunter's fake knee injury, which was funny to read about.

I liked the part where Terry Funk took like 20 minutes trying to cut his way out of the wooden crate, while the Outlaws have to just stand there like idiots waiting for him to come out.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
RIP Pisscast

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Jubs posted:

RIP Pisscast

I legit miss the pisscast. I still tell everyone I know that "It's Been Awhile" is about the guy being forced to eat his own horse.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everything is a ribeye on a horse

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Stone Cold Steve Autism

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Benne posted:

I liked the part where Terry Funk took like 20 minutes trying to cut his way out of the wooden crate, while the Outlaws have to just stand there like idiots waiting for him to come out.
The most ineffectual Leatherface since Texas Chainsaw 3D.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I legit miss the pisscast. I still tell everyone I know that "It's Been Awhile" is about the guy being forced to eat his own horse.

No one forced him!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Congratulations on the Pisscast winning the lovely Award for the 3rd consecutive year

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Big Bidness posted:

try to find a copy of Outrageous Conduct: Art, Ego, and the Twilight Zone Case. John Landis is a gigantic piece of poo poo, and it's no surprise he has a garbage douchebag son.

As much as I like that book, and generally recommend it to people who are interested in that case, I do think that it sidesteps that there were multiple other people who could've shut that stunt down or outright refused to do it. Landis is culpable of course, but so are a number of other people.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Didn't Landis go the actors' funerals and try to get people to see the movie?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hyped https://twitter.com/AlexRileyWWE/status/814334468144119809

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

oh man I can't wait for Raging Alex Riley to get real with JR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC