Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

One thing to consider is that if you aren't TM grinding then you'll lack the good katanas to make having blade mastery worthwhile.

Murasame and Chijiraiden are fine but you'd be better off grinding a TM weapon instead of a third BM.

Doing some quick math, which I'm sure I'm doing wrong says to me

Blade Mastery for a 150 ATK unit = 75 Atk
Osfune = 35 Atk
=
110 ATK

Excalibur = 120 ATK
Atk 10% for a 150 ATK unit = 15 ATK
=
135 ATK

So unless you've got a Miyuki also in the works, there isn't currently enough Katana support to justify a third BM.

# of Mikyuki you have + 2 - 1 if you didn't get Chijiraiden.

Eventually we'll get the Gilgamesh trial, and I believe it gives a good katana. Possibly even better than Sakurafubuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Kind of hoping the add extra tier rewards to the event. Passed 12,000 for the Trust Moogle earlier this morning and there's what, 9 days left?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Eventually we'll get the Gilgamesh trial, and I believe it gives a good katana. Possibly even better than Sakurafubuki.

It is, it's a +107 ATK Katana.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AegisP posted:

Kind of hoping the add extra tier rewards to the event. Passed 12,000 for the Trust Moogle earlier this morning and there's what, 9 days left?

The only thing you can do is try to increase your ranking and get another summon ticket or two. I decided to hell with that. Unless you got lots of cash, you'll never crack the top 100 and get the good rewards. Go TM grind or Lapis mission grind, probably a better use of your NRG then another week of snowman.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Early 6* Fina information from the livestream: she doesn't learn Curaja, she learns Counter-Curaja . Other info:

quote:

Bright Shower - Stronger when equipped with Fina's equipment
Counter-Curaja!
AoE Heal+Status Cleanse
SPR based magic
Raise/Esuna

Also they're adding more FFXV characters to JP. Nyx looks cool.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I decided to throw away a ticket on the Noctis banner and got 4* Vanille. Meh, but I guess her TM reward is good. Weirdly enough I got ALL the FFXIII warriors after their stupid fuckin' event went away. Thanks, Gumi.

Anyway, I'm gonna be sitting on about 50 tickets if Orlandu is the next banner, and more if it's delayed. You guys wanna see someone chase a stupid 5*, draw 120 Bediles and not feel as bad because it wasn't a money dump, keep an eye on your pal here.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How many blade masteries do you really need anyway?

On global? 5 is a safe number. On JP? They stack so ALL OF THEM.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Dias posted:

Anyway, I'm gonna be sitting on about 50 tickets if Orlandu is the next banner, and more if it's delayed. You guys wanna see someone chase a stupid 5*, draw 120 Bediles and not feel as bad because it wasn't a money dump, keep an eye on your pal here.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Dias posted:

I decided to throw away a ticket on the Noctis banner and got 4* Vanille. Meh, but I guess her TM reward is good. Weirdly enough I got ALL the FFXIII warriors after their stupid fuckin' event went away. Thanks, Gumi.

I'm up to 87, may break 100 by the time banner lands. I still have a sub 50% chance to draw cid lol

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Acelerion posted:

I'm up to 87, may break 100 by the time banner lands. I still have a sub 50% chance to draw cid lol

If you were me, you'd spend every ticket to try and get TGCid and get 0 of them and then log onto this thread and want to beat every goon that posts about how they pulled him 2 days in a row as their 1/2 price pull. Hopefully for your sake you won't be me.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Why waste tickets on Orlandu when you can safe them and wait for true power unit Onion Knight?

:smuggo:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Infected posted:

Why waste tickets on Orlandu when you can safe them and wait for true power unit Onion Knight?

:smuggo:

Depends how far away of course. OK beats Orlandu even if both were to be the first pulls a completely new F2P account made.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This loving game. Got an Exdeath about 3 banners back. Ain't got poo poo since. I got a BCLid during the Halloween event, but nothing this event.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, but Orlandu is cool and Onion Knight is named after a fuckin' onion.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dias posted:

Becuase, like an onion, the Onion Knight has many layers...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sitting on 63 tickets and over 15k lapis (should go up now because lol@chasing Noel). Depending on banners before Orlandu I should be sitting on 95-100 or so pulls to not get him. Will easily have more attempts than the 77-78 I chased Lightning with.

deathbagel posted:

If you were me, you'd spend every ticket to try and get TGCid and get 0 of them and then log onto this thread and want to beat every goon that posts about how they pulled him 2 days in a row as their 1/2 price pull. Hopefully for your sake you won't be me.

Yes but enough about Fenrir's questionably high luck. :argh:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Hmm so I can either awaken much 2nd 6 star chiz or exdeath, not sure which way to go. Leaning towards exdeath since Meteor spam sounds fun for the arena though. Either way I don't have the greatest stuff to kit them out with, probably better with ex though since I could put the lileth rod and that candy basket on him. Only thing I've got for chiz is murasume or whatever it is. I'm assuming most people would say exdeath right? Also I've got six of him so I might as well start churning them out

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Hmm so I can either awaken much 2nd 6 star chiz or exdeath, not sure which way to go. Leaning towards exdeath since Meteor spam sounds fun for the arena though. Either way I don't have the greatest stuff to kit them out with, probably better with ex though since I could put the lileth rod and that candy basket on him. Only thing I've got for chiz is murasume or whatever it is. I'm assuming most people would say exdeath right? Also I've got six of him so I might as well start churning them out

If you don't need the second Chiz for your A team, then go for ExDeath. You don't need to max his MAG for Meteor to hit 999 in the arena.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Exdeath looks rad as hell, get your doomtreemage with his kickass sword and drop space rocks on all that oppose you!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I played this game earlier today, but once again it's time to guess how many Noctii there are!

:argh:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Exdeath it is then! My arena team is usually chiz exdeath cod refia/Cecil depending on the week and noctis, who is almost a one man army even without any tms. Fire flask usually manages to take out at least 2 guys through stone or paralyze per turn by itself, it's pretty nuts. Backed up with dual meteors and chiz phantom attack it should be able to hold its own against a good chunk of teams. All except for the multiple Luneth lightning nocti teams out there jesus

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget maintenance is at a goofy time again, 10PM tonight I think?

e: Pacific Time

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 28, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Trust Moogle from Frosty murder has been acquired. Might try to stay in the top 10k but otherwise I guess it's back to clearing out the story dungeons for their mithril.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dias posted:

That's because you are going to cry when you don't pull him.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Got to the 7,000 point barrier, so got a ticket. Used it, and got a gold crystal. However, apparently Clyne got lost on his way to the standard summon banner and showed up in this gold crystal.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So are we gonna be able to buy Here We Go again later on? I didn't have Snow and spent all my gears on Awakening materials.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I need help deciding what to grind for my TMRs.

Currently my main team consists of Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, and Exdeath. Other notable 6*'s I have are Chizuru, Mercedes, and Bartz.

TMRs I have completed are:
Dual Wield
Lunge Combo
Lunge Combo
Excalibur
Black Cowl
Shield H Shield
Romandan Pistol (Soon, at 93% right now)

Notable TMRs I could farm:
Dual Wield x4
Mag +30% x(a lot)
Excalibur x4
Letters and Arms x7
Minerva Bustier
Dual Cast x5
Omnirod
Rising Sun
Blade Mastery x2
Viking Axe x4

My current TMR farm has Mercedes 2x, Chizuru, Zidane, Mustadio, none but Mustadio are higher than 10%, most just started. Should probably ditch the Mercedes for now for something like another Dual Wield or Dual Cast, or some caster stuff for Exdeath, but the high attack power of Viking Axe caught my eye.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Got the moogle, so I think I might spend the next couple days throwing units and lapis into the trust grinder. Now I just need to decide which TMs I want to prioritize. I feel like pulling Noctis may have altered my plans, since he's sitting at a sad low 500 atk with Ifrit and dual wield. Currently my TM team is -

Ludmille (45%)
Ludmille 2 (15%)
I really want to get dual cast for Refia, as it would make my team super resilient and make it easier to replace Cecil with my White Knight Noel. Tempted to smush them together since I don't know if I need more than one.

Zidane (35%)
A second dual wield would make my Chiz a lot more useful. Doesn't really affect Noctis, as he already has one.

Chizuru (20%)
Blade mastery most likely for Noctis

Miyuki (15%)
Sakurafubuki to go along with blade mastery.

Other notable TM units include Gaffgarion, Cecil, Agrias, Hayate, Karl and Maxwell. I'm thinking about freeing up a spot or two by smushing the Ludmilles and putting Zidane on the back burner til Noctis is complete and pursue Excalibur and one of the other TMs. I would appreciate any goony wisdom thrown my way.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know about white knight noel but dualcast is ALSO really good on cecil. i think having multiple dualcasts is theoretically good because the amount of units that come out but do not have dualcast is probably going to be larger than zero. how many units will come out like refia that have really good kits but not dualcast? hard to say, but i am willing to bet it also wont be zero.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You probably want at least 5 Doublecasts before you start thinking about smushing them together, same goes for DW. Both can double the damage potential on certain units, and while DC loses out a bit of prestige because of Dual Black Magic on two base 3* units, it's still very useful on healers and supports. Refia loves it, Cecil loves it, it makes Tellah into a real solid flex unit...

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dias posted:

You probably want at least 5 Doublecasts before you start thinking about smushing them together, same goes for DW. Both can double the damage potential on certain units, and while DC loses out a bit of prestige because of Dual Black Magic on two base 3* units, it's still very useful on healers and supports. Refia loves it, Cecil loves it, it makes Tellah into a real solid flex unit...

I hear what you're saying, but I can't imagine ever needing 5 Dualcasts at the same time. Three at the very most seems sufficient.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So I see that we are getting a new frosty elite fight, but I don't understand what the point is? Are they adding on to the loot table for individual rewards? All I see is a new snowflake looking item that boosts ice and wind resistance for three turns. That sounds like a consumable. If you get one of those per clear, I guess I'll farm up five or so, but meh... :what:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

So I see that we are getting a new frosty elite fight, but I don't understand what the point is? Are they adding on to the loot table for individual rewards? All I see is a new snowflake looking item that boosts ice and wind resistance for three turns. That sounds like a consumable. If you get one of those per clear, I guess I'll farm up five or so, but meh... :what:

Im guessing it has a higher point ratio as well as rank/nrg so that people can finish the event. This weekend everyones going to be in the dunes though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im guessing it has a higher point ratio as well as rank/nrg so that people can finish the event. This weekend everyones going to be in the dunes though

I know I will, just awoken Exdeath to 6* and he is hungry for metal gigantaurs and max 4* units. Unfortunately I think my pulls have peaked at 4 Exdeaths and 2 Chizurus so I think I'm saving my lapis for TM farming :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Armitage posted:

I know I will, just awoken Exdeath to 6* and he is hungry for metal gigantaurs and max 4* units. Unfortunately I think my pulls have peaked at 4 Exdeaths and 2 Chizurus so I think I'm saving my lapis for TM farming :v:

Against my better judgement I burned two tickets on the noctis banner and got a chizuru as well so now im pretty set for a strong physical damage team. So I need a ton of gigantuars. Threw a wrench at my TM plans since now Im not going to bother gearing up my CoD till I get chorizo and mercedes geared.

And even when I get cheez fully leveled, Im going to need another 80+ giganuars for when WoL gets his 6*. Which is sooner rather than later

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
6* WoL looks so filthy I'm keeping the two of him I've pulled.

Does the Zoldaad we've got stretch only to Volcanic Grounds and its boss for part 1? Then back to Frosty for me.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

I like his style. Could be one of us to be honest.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

I like his style. Could be one of us to be honest.

I could have sworn that he was a woman. That would have made him a little more interesting than generic "smug supposed ladies man", at least

That sprite totally looks like it had tits :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Burned some tickets again, since I was creeping back up and we have 5 coming from the group rewards. 5% more Charlotte TM and...

Elza, I still love you, but you might be getting demoted to Doublehand status.

• Locked thread