Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [24/M] proposed to my girlfriend [24/F] on Boxing Day but she is upset because she didn't want a ring and I got her one anyway. She is also upset at the cost [$15k]

quote:

[Anonymous because people I know in real life know my main, including my girlfriend]

My [24/M] girlfriend [24/F] and I have been together for 2 years. We were planning on moving in together and were about the sign the lease on a place for January 2 as a move in date and we were in the process of merging our finances. I proposed to her on Boxing Day which was the day before our 2 year anniversary. She broke up with me the next day. When we talked about getting married she always said she didn't want or need a ring because she has issues with the diamond companies, she doesn't wear jewelry and since she is a first responder and in the military reserves she can't wear a ring 99% percent of the time anyways.

I was going to ask her without a ring. But I didn't want her to look bad in front of others. I see so many girls with rings and my girlfriend deserved to have one too. I didn't want her to be without a ring. I really wanted her to have a ring and to have the best. I found an amazing ring. I was out of my price range but with my savings and some borrowing and financing I made it work and it would have been paid off in under 2.5 years.

My girlfriend didn't like the ring. She was mad at me for not listening to her and she called me stupid when she found out that I spent a total of $15,000 on it. She said I knew she can't wear it to work, I wanted her to get a necklace to put it on but she said she was too afraid to drop it or something. She was also mad because the company I picked has had problems with unethical diamonds she said even though the people at the store assured me the diamonds in the ring were ethically mined. The next day she told me she couldn't accept the ring but still wanted to be engaged. I was angry with her and hurt and I broke up with her.

Now I regret it but she has changed her phone number and her email so I can't even talk to her. The phone is out of service no matter what phone I use to call her and her email address doesn't exist any more. She doesn't have Facebook. Her friends hang up on me or tell me off if I contact them. I don't know where she is living since she already moved out of her apartment because we were about to move in together. We were supposed to sign the lease and go to the bank for our finances today. But that is not happening. Her work isn't open to the public so I can't just go in. I have no way to contact her. What should I do? I regret what happened. I messed up badly and I know it.

tl;dr: My girlfriend didn't want an engagement ring (issues with diamond companies and she can't wear it at work anyways) but I thought she deserved one. I got her an amazing ring but she got mad about it and when she found out it cost $15k. She wouldn't accept it and still wanted to be engaged. I got mad that she didn't want it and broke up with her. I regret it but she has gone dark and I have no way to contact her.
a good summary comment:

quote:

"I'm going to get you a thing."
"I don't want that thing."
"You deserve that thing. I'm getting you that thing. Also many of my friends have that thing, so you need to also have the thing."
"No, you're not hearing me, I literally have no desire to own that thing."
"I went into debt and cut into my savings to get you the thing! Here it is!"
"Why the gently caress did you get me the thing? I literally said, over and over again, that I didn't want it, and also why would you spend so much money on the thing?!"
"Why are you being so ungrateful about the thing! We're over."
Holy poo poo you are one dense motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pearnicious posted:

What is the deal with all of the "xx" everywhere in literally every message? Is that some stupid millennial thing I know nothing about? Their conversation reads like English isn't their first language, bleh.

*complains about Those Darn Millennials*
*doesn't know xoxo means hugs and kisses since at least two loving centuries ago*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [24/M] proposed to my girlfriend [24/F] on Boxing Day but she is upset because she didn't want a ring and I got her one anyway. She is also upset at the cost [$15k]

All this idiot had to do was not buy a ring and propose and he'd be living the dream.

What a stubborn fool.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Lone Goat posted:

*complains about Those Darn Millennials*
*doesn't know xoxo means hugs and kisses since at least two loving centuries ago*

I get the xoxo thing, but there are only "xx" littered throughout that message log. It just seems random and arbitrary and looks retarded.

Not to mention that they spent like 2 hours talking about baths like a couple of autists.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

fifteen thousand loving dollars

I hope dude has fun paying that off the next 2.5 years, alone

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Why do these insane females only communicate in code, like telling me they don't want something and then getting mad when I ignore them?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

She saw the big :redflag: and jumped, drat

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The evil part of me hopes he got the ring engraved and customized so that he can't return it. An easily avoidable mistake he'll be paying off for the next 2.5 years!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol at spending $15k on a ring that your girl has repeatedly told you she doesn't want and has major hangups about diamonds anyway, just lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pearnicious posted:

I get the xoxo thing, but there are only "xx" littered throughout that message log. It just seems random and arbitrary and looks retarded.

Not to mention that they spent like 2 hours talking about baths like a couple of autists.

You're can't figure out they're going *kiss kiss* after each line and they're the autists??

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pearnicious posted:

It's cleverly hidden by the unending banality of the rest of the conversation, but the end reveals that she broke the date because of a family commitment ("going through nana's things," presumably a recently dead grandmother whose house needs cleaning out?) and he's acting like she ghosted him. Dude's salty as he is thirsty.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ZombieJesus posted:

Oh and lawyer-cuck needs to dump his bitch girlfriend and watch her life coach her way out of single parenthood.

He says she's perfect and everything and he'll never find another person as good as her, but clearly she's a loving psychopath so he should thank her for revealing it now, and dodge that bomb like Mario

The only positive trait he posted was "she is hot" over and over. He will never find someone so hot again. Like, she's a 10 so she's perfect and hot and good except for the loving other dudes for his benefit part.

Somehow, I think a lawyer will be able to move on and find another hot woman to marry, since that seems to be the only trait he requires.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

The only positive trait he posted was "she is hot" over and over. He will never find someone so hot again. Like, she's a 10 so she's perfect and hot and good except for the loving other dudes for his benefit part.

It's not like it's rare for this to be the only trait that apparently matters in a partner for some people.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mameluke posted:

[33M], my [30F] girlfriend is pregnant with another guy's kid "because she wanted her child to have the best life possible". Wants me to be the father. Don't even know how to start processing this?

Leave your unmarried girlfriend now! You're a lawyer, you know that's not how family law works! Let her raise the baby of the guy she cheated on you with!

I've got a sneaking suspicion this is more of a got pregnant while cheating, and playing it off as "Don't you care for the future of our child with your disgusting genes? :smuggo:"

Either way, dear god :sever:

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Lone Goat posted:

You're can't figure out they're going *kiss kiss* after each line and they're the autists??

I think I'm just projecting a little. Reading their terrible conversation and seeing "xx" and random emojis strewn about semi-randomly makes me realize why some of the e-mails I see at work are borderline retarded.

It makes me sad that spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. apparently don't really matter anymore. It's acceptable in private conversations, but when it starts bleeding over into work-related e-mails it makes me realize that it's only going to get worse.

Eventually the written English language in digital form will be a nearly indecipherable and unintelligible mishmash of acronyms, abbreviations, slang, and emoji with no punctuation.

e: Desperately hoping I didn't make any spelling or grammar mistakes in this post, lol. :ohdear:

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 28, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pearnicious posted:

I think I'm just projecting a little. Reading their terrible conversation and seeing "xx" and random emojis strewn about semi-randomly makes me realize why some of the e-mails I see at work are borderline retarded.

It makes me sad that spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. apparently don't really matter anymore. It's acceptable in private conversations, but when it starts bleeding over into work-related e-mails it makes me realize that it's only going to get worse.

Eventually the written English language in digital form will be a nearly indecipherable and unintelligible mishmash of acronyms, abbreviations, slang, and emoji with no punctuation.
I'd like to know where you work where emails read like Tweets

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

She saw the big :redflag: and jumped, drat

The most baffling part is that he dumped her. She even told him she'd be willing to marry him even if she didn't want the ring, and he flipped out and broke up with her. Now he's upset that he can't bother her or beg for forgiveness because she cut off contact with him.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pearnicious posted:

It's already crossing into Youtube videos. I was watching a review for a watch and all of a sudden emojis, abbreviations, and misspelled reactions to what the guy had said started streaming across the screen

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fullhouse posted:

fifteen thousand loving dollars

I hope dude has fun paying that off the next 2.5 years, alone

for real

like even if you're going to straight up ignore her preferences and get her a diamond ring because you're a loving dumb idiot and it's important to you that she have the option of wearing a big shiny rock, you can buy a brand new ring with a brand new lab-grown diamond larger and shinier than most women wear for literally 1/10th of the price

I mean making a bad, disrespectful and selfish decision in a relationship is one thing, but deciding to specifically go out of your way to do such a thing in a manner that creates financial strain and precludes other opportunities for both partners for multiple years takes it to a whole other level

I hope if he ultimately gets in contact with her she recognizes that he did her a favor by breaking it off

e: spelling, but "diamong" does seem pretty apt for this dude

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 28, 2016

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Honestly it's not very common. Worst offenders are usually just a short e-mail that is in all lowercase and not punctuated anywhere. Those aren't too bad, but when they get longer and begin to include spelling/grammar mistakes...ugh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There's dumb and then there's whoooo boy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fiancee gay, so what

quote:

My (M29) fiancee (F22) and I just broke up because she cheated on me and may be gay she thinks. We have a son and house and I could use any emotional help. Worst day of my life.

My fiancé told me Christmas day that she isn't happy with our relationship anymore. She told me she has feelings for a woman and thinks she might be gay. Our entire relationship is now over and we have to start the process of selling our home and figuring out custody of our 1 year old son.
She says it's all her fault this happened but that dosnt change how I fell and that I no longer can trust anybody. I'm just looking for any thoughts or support emotionally from you all as this is the worst moment of my entire life.
:( tldr fiancee might be gay and our relationship and family is now destroyed

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Pearnicious posted:

Okay, Grandpa. Stupid people are just stupid no matter the generation. You can find plenty of old people on facebook who type exactly like that, emojis and all.

quote:

My [18f] boyfriend's [18m] extended family treated me terribly at a get together

Sorry for the length of this and any grammatical errors, I don't really know how to explain it.

My boyfriend and his mother invited me to an after Christmas family event, and although I was nervous, I was happy to be invited so I went. Everything seemed to be going fine at first, but went downhill when it came time to open gifts. My boyfriend and his brother were both gifted 6 ounce copper coins from their grandfather. He passed it to me to show me how heavy it was, to which his grandfather said "get used to that, ten years from now you won't be allowed to touch your own things, she'll take everything you have". Everyone but me laughed, and I tried to shrug it off as a little bit of sexism from someone still living in the past.

The grandfather mentioned it again to my boyfriend's uncle later, so everyone that arrived later would hear as well and when I looked down at my phone in discomfort they all said "oh look, she's not laughing now, hahah". It got really bad when my boyfriend mentioned buying a gun off our friend. One of his uncles asked what he needed a gun for (we often go shooting with our friends) when the grandfather interjected that he needs the gun "to shoot his girlfriend when he finally gets sick of her". Cue everyone laughing again. Another milder instance was when the grandfather asked me if I knew who Susan B. Anthony was. I answered "she was a suffragette who fought for women to have equality and the right to vote" he answered "what a f**king mistake that was" and everyone laughed and agreed.

It was so bad that my boyfriend's mother apologized for them afterwards, but didn't say anything to them about it. My boyfriend laughed alongside with them. Am I right to be upset? This was the first time I ever met them and was not expecting to be treated that way, nor was I warned. My boyfriend claims they have never acted like that, but I seriously doubt that as they were very comfortable being blatantly and scarily sexist.

tl;dr: boyfriends family was extremely sexist, and specifically targeted me, who they just met. Was bad enough for his mom to apologize for their behavior, yet he laughed alongside them and only apologized afterwards. Am I right to be upset and what should I do now?

Wow poo poo. Run, girl.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man I was suffering myself reading that fake story haha

Edit: At least her calm.txt response

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

"Hmm, I wonder why my wife lost her sex drive. Could it be because she's had to deal with a crying, pooping baby for the past 4 months? Nah. That can't be it. I'll sit on the couch whining about it some more while my wife changes the kid's diaper." :qq:

What a dumbshit. He has a godsend of a wife who puts up with his inconsiderate rear end and all he can do is cry about it to reddit. He is the luckiest man alive and he can't get it through his impenetrable skull for a second, maybe give her a break and treat her like a princess or something for taking care of his kid.

Ha ha ha you're all loving wrong. Nice of you all to make assumptions about his guy based on the fact that he's a dude. I actually looked this one up to see if this dude is just plain terrible and as it turns out, wifey wasn't loving him much before the baby, he works from home and does most of the taking care of the baby, she gets 8-9 hours of sleep a night to his 5-6.

#notallmen

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Radical and BADical! posted:

Ha ha ha you're all loving wrong. Nice of you all to make assumptions about his guy based on the fact that he's a dude. I actually looked this one up to see if this dude is just plain terrible and as it turns out, wifey wasn't loving him much before the baby, he works from home and does most of the taking care of the baby, she gets 8-9 hours of sleep a night to his 5-6.

#notallmen

Fucker should have put that in the story instead of dodging comments asking about their baby.

It also reeks of "putting myself in the best light possible now that I'm getting slammed by the comments" retconning. Honestly, why would you not mention a brand new baby in that story? It's a loving huge factor.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

everyone is 100% honest in their posts and no other side of the story is ever needed

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
With the lawyer cuckold, funeral, and ring guy we're getting a very strong end of the year, maybe 2016 won't be a total waste of time after all!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

At Twitter?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Has anyone checked legal advice or childfree lately? I feel the holidays are primo (I'm only on my phone so it's a big pain in the rear end)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

mobby_6kl posted:

With the lawyer cuckold, funeral, and ring guy we're getting a very strong end of the year, maybe 2016 won't be a total waste of time after all!

LOL if you think any of these are better than Racist Cheating Thailand Man

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

Fiancee gay, so what

He best be hitting her rear end up for child support.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Has anyone checked legal advice or childfree lately? I feel the holidays are primo (I'm only on my phone so it's a big pain in the rear end)

:byodood: "Goddamn crotch fruit nephews are using their toy lightsabers ALL WRONG. And nobody let me demonstrate how 5th Form is properly done UGH!"

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

(Rant) Poutine

quote:

I was eating poutine today at a restaurant, and a family gets sat next to me with two younger children.

The children loudly how hungry they are.

The parents point out my poutine to them. Immediately they start saying they want it and how good it looks.

The parents then SUGGEST to them to go ask me to try some.

They come over and ask to sample my poutine, and the parents are beaming behind them.

I say no.

The children get an absolutely crushing dose of reality and the parents tell me I'm rude.

The end.
1575 upvotes

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

who the hell tells their kids to go ask strangers for food in a restaurant

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Fullhouse posted:

Parents in whatever third world hellhole serves poutine, would be my guess.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nobody

Cause that didn't happen.

Poutine is a hangover food and one should hide their face from god in shame when eating it but drat if it don't cure what ailes you.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Fullhouse posted:

Fake parents that don't exist

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
That person should wait for their meal and ask for a bite. Bonus if its steak or something.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

typical MOMBIES and DADDICTS

My (34F) sister (18F) is behaving inappropriately toward my husband (33M)

quote:

Hi Reddit.

My kid sister has been living with my husband and I (married 6 years, together 12) for the past three years since our parents passed unexpectedly. She graduated high school in the spring but deigned not to go to post-secondary, says she needs to take time to get her life together. I'm not sure what she means. I'm not sure it matters. We have no desire to kick her out, and she's a great live-in babysitter for our kids (4F and 2M).

Since the late summer, though, so about four or five months, she's been behaving increasingly inappropriately towards my husband who she's known since she was in kindergarten. When we're watching television together in the evening she'll snuggle up to him on the couch or rest her head in his lap. She routinely walks around the house in her pyjamas, which amount to nightdresses and long shirts, often with nothing underneath, even into the afternoon. She has twice walked in on him in the shower, both times declaring it to have been an honest mistake as the water had stopped running. She's taken to doing our weekend yoga with us, and always wears the skimpiest little exercise shorts directly in my husband's line of sight. She'll walk across the hall from the bathroom to her bedroom wearing nothing but a towel, not even a bathrobe. She's flirty, and she's giggly, and she seems very, very into him.

She's a very attractive girl. It makes me uncomfortable how much she takes advantage of that fact. I've always been very modest, I guess.

Why I'm posting this is my husband seems blind to what she's doing. He says that it's harmless, that she's not behaving any differently than she ever has. He's gaslighting me and I know it. He's enjoying it, he has to be. He never even tries to touch me in bed anymore when before I'd have to push him off of me three or four times a night.

How do I convince him that it's a problem? How do I get her to stop? I don't want to remove her from our household. As much as she is a little slut she's still my sister and we're the only family either of us has. She's acting very inappropriate and I want her to stop.

tl;dr: My kid sister, who lives with me, has been acting very inappropriate, and flirting with my husband. He doesn't think it's a problem.
I bolded those parts cause the OP started to get really defensive when posters pointed them out. Then she posted stuff like this:

quote:

Because it's clear what she's doing. She's younger and prettier than me, she wants to supplant me in my husband's life. She wants him to be her meal ticket, I don't know. She's never had a job and doesn't have much in the way of life skills. She wants to steal him and she's being very overt about it.
so she might just be losing her mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zakharov posted:

LOL if you think any of these are better than Racist Cheating Thailand Man

Nope yo're right, I can just remember only the top three of the latest trainwrecks in my head.