Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

bradzilla posted:

In a time where you can summon literal strangers to take you places in their car, find literal strangers to gently caress, and find strangers to buy things from, lmfao at this question
Hah you use your real name on Grindr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

poptart_fairy posted:

You're right, someone attempting to defend grave robbing deserves a far harsher term.

If grave robbing was bad, why do they keep burying people with treasure?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well you can't expect the ferry man to take a credit card now, can you.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Let's play the Youtube game!

:stare: This is the youtube version of Six Degrees, isn't it. Six Degrees of Pedophilia.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Charon can bloody well get the tap, it's almost 2017 ffs.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Charon can bloody well get the tap, it's almost 2017 ffs.

Just let us book online in advance.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GreenMetalSun posted:

Earlier this year some gross tumblrina stole human bones and sold them, and now she thinks anyone who has a problem with this is discriminating against witches.

At least the comments are okay?

Oh poo poo I remember this one. Basically she noticed that a flooding cemetery had human remains washing away into the street and decided to pick them up and keep them for magic or voodoo. It ended up becoming a meme for a while.

Everyone was amazed at the last Tumblr meme of 2015 being "someone stole goddamn bones."

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah there's a nice little war brewing between the neo-nazis at the moment about going to some stupid ball after the inauguration. Milo is naturally involved.

http://www.businessinsider.com/alt-right-civil-war-twitter-cernovich-milo-alaska-2016-12

It's always funny when the right acts like the left.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the first thing i do when i find corpse parts is hog as many of them as i can

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Zzulu posted:

the first thing i do when i find corpse parts is hog as many of them as i can

Isn't it human nature to hoard stuff during natural disasters?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Panfilo posted:

Isn't it human nature to hoard stuff during natural disasters?

I do the same thing in RPGs. She may need the bones later in life to craft her ultimate weapon. You never know!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I do the same thing in RPGs. She may need the bones later in life to craft her ultimate weapon. You never know!

She was looking for Wirt's leg.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Tony Phillips posted:

Yeah, but did she get the socket version? You can do some broke poo poo with runes.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DicktheCat posted:

Yeah, but did she get the socket version? You can do some broke poo poo with runes.
Wirt's Leg doesn't support any runewords, tho.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Tony Phillips posted:

but Wirt's leg is wooden and would have rotted away in a cemetery.
:goonsay:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Going back to right wing self-owns, read this thread:

https://twitter.com/GrantJKidney/status/813825022888394752

Some samples:
https://twitter.com/Boogar_Sugar/status/814200981453815808

https://twitter.com/Boogar_Sugar/status/814201713087258624

https://twitter.com/teen_archer/status/814202474349236224

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Dec 28, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Idiots on Social Media: I'm very sorry my sister poo poo on you

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What a disgusting person and foul language.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
In other news: the 9gag community is throwing a hissy fit because their moderators decided to do right for a change and ban the local sexist/hurtful memes.

The people are defending their sexist memes on the ground of free speech.
It's like in your hometown there is a known and vocal neo-nazi thats been there for a while, and when the authorities decide to kick him out the people defend the neo-nazi's right to stay. I mean, you might(?) Be right for what you're defending but also look at who you're defending.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Solar Tornado posted:

In other news: the 9gag community is throwing a hissy fit because their moderators decided to do right for a change and ban the local sexist/hurtful memes.

It's like in your hometown there is a known and vocal neo-nazi thats been there for a while, and when the authorities decide to kick him out the people defend the neo-nazi's right to stay. I mean, you might(?) Be right for what you're defending but also look at who you're defending.
First they came for the memes, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a meme

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Solar Tornado posted:

Anyone who ever screams about these things should be ridiculed in the form of mean spirited memes. Then, and ONLY then, I might take their opinions seriously. As is, I'll never feel sorry for anyone that is upset because he can't poke fun at whoever whenever.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Maybe the 9gag community will find a warm welcome at Imgur

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

goose willis posted:

They certainly hate trans-people enough, from my own observations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

BigglesSWE posted:

They certainly hate trans-people enough, from my own observations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Memes are the only way I express my thoughts.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

goose willis posted:

You known there's something wrong when loving 9gag is more progressive than your site.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

"Will we let 9GAG become a lovely website"

Man but what if that happened though

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Phone posting right now, but just saw a share of facebook about that conversation rage guy who hits on young girls. It's a post about him being banned from a Starbucks for giving a 16 year old Barista a note asking her out. He thinks he's being wronged because he didn't ask to have sex with her so age of consent doesn't matter.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

psutify posted:

Cracker Barrel Fiasco

"Weekly Cracker Barrel Dinner for One" is up there with "Baby shoes never worn"

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Terrible Opinions posted:

You know what I don't get? Why ink the gently caress people use their real name on the internet, let alone use their real name in direct connection to something REALLY racist? Like isn't internet 101 still "never tell someone your personal information online"?

If you're reading this thread, you shouldn't be surprised there is a large number of people who are happy to post their racist opinions next to their real name and picture. They receive support and positive reinforcement from their similarly racist social circle far more often than they are shamed into thinking critically about it.

Facebook has been a real game-changer when it comes to people sharing personal info online.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

One of my friends posted a link to this article called Are Today’s Parents Getting a Raw Deal? by Rhonda Stephens, and it's one of the dumbest things I've read lately.

Rhonda Stephens posted:

When did adults start caring whether or not their kids were safe, happy or popular?

My personal belief is that the same “woman with too little to do,” that decided it was necessary to give 4-year-old guests a gift for coming to a birthday party, is the same loon who decided we were here to serve our kids and not the other way around.

Who cleaned the house and did the yard work when you were a kid? You did. In fact, that’s why some people had children. We were free labor. ... Who does the housework and yardwork now? The cleaning lady that comes on Thursday, and the landscaping crew that comes every other Tuesday.

I don’t think my father was even certain about my birthday until about 10 years ago. Jerry and Ginny had grownup stuff to worry about.

Additionally, no phone calls were ever made to any of my teachers or coaches. ... If I made a 92.999 and got a B, I got a B. No thinly veiled threats were made and no money changed hands to get me that A.

My kids aren’t as bad as some, because I’m too poor and too lazy to indulge them beyond a certain point.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

One of my friends posted a link to this article called Are Today’s Parents Getting a Raw Deal? by Rhonda Stephens, and it's one of the dumbest things I've read lately.

Yeah, lady, your parents sure raised a fine individual. Self-admitted lazy and poor, doesn't give a poo poo about anyone but herself!

Also, I love that paying for a kid's grade, something that is IN NO WAY COMMON, is apparently equal to knowing your own child's loving birthday, caring that they're safe and happy, and wanting your child for anything other than labor.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Dec 29, 2016

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I would venture to say that caring about your children's happiness and safety are the tenets of good parenting.

And while happiness may be a relatively recent thing, safety is drat near animalistic, isn't it?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also, I love that paying for a kid's grade, something that is IN NO WAY COMMON, is apparently equal to knowing your own child's loving birthday, caring that they're safe and happy, and wanting your child for anything other than labor.

Eh it's not THAT uncommon, I had a friend in middle school who was always kinda pissed because her sister was a lovely student so her parents would pay her (admittedly very small amounts of money, like 5 bucks) for getting A's but my friend was a great student and so did not get the free money because she never needed a reason to improve. And too be fair it's a thing that works quite well among some kids, it's like getting kids with depression has noticeable effects on reducing suicidal thoughts, sometimes bribes just work.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I think they mean paying off the teachers.

Happy Seafood Guy
Oct 8, 2008

Elblanco posted:

Phone posting right now, but just saw a share of facebook about that conversation rage guy who hits on young girls. It's a post about him being banned from a Starbucks for giving a 16 year old Barista a note asking her out. He thinks he's being wronged because he didn't ask to have sex with her so age of consent doesn't matter.

First paragraph is normal enough. Just a friendly guy asking a girl on a date in an awkward way, but hey! Christmas spirit!

Second paragraph is getting weird.

Third paragraph will be evidence in a trial.

Joyce Tick is Lucas. Clara Fication calls him out a couple times, but most of the comments are people supporting their buddy Lucas in his right to not be asked by a private business to stop creeping on their employees. The last post is just an excerpt from a blog post I didn't fit in the screencap. I'm not sure it wasn't part of his love letter, but I'd like to think it was.

He keeps linking to his blog throughout the comments as a way of furthering his point, I think? "But you see, here is a picture of what I had for dinner with some information about my age-defying jizz cream all the ladies (26 AND YOUNGER ONLY) need in their lives. I have no idea why I was asked to leave."

Bless this person. My guess is that they know exactly what they're doing and want to make this public for people like us to poo poo all over.

Happy Seafood Guy has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Dec 29, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Well that there is certainly a thing. Jaesus.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

So wait, is what he says at the bottom of this image what he wrote in the note? I mean, I've read the other things here and know that he freely posts stuff like that online, but in the actual note? And he wonders why he's banned? :psyduck:

JGdmn posted:

I would venture to say that caring about your children's happiness and safety are the tenets of good parenting keeping your slave labour around longer.

FTFY

Golden Goat posted:

Idiots on Social Media: I'm very sorry my sister poo poo on you

Yes, or

Idiots on Social Media: I know the difference between your and y'our.