Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I remember Smash Mouth did a Pearl Harbor thing, have they superimposed their logo on other disasters?

yea their albums

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea their albums

oh poo poo #gently caress #poo poo #lamo #devastated

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean yea no poo poo you should probably hate the crazy bigoted loser more than a teen vogue writer who...wrote some actually good things about how trump is an rear end in a top hat and his daughter shouldn't be off the hook for her part in the campaign because she's a pretty white woman?
also she personally went up to bat against Trump instead of hiding behind some generic corporate twitter message about inclusivity, which was pretty gutsy, because guess what happened when the deplorables saw that video?

Highlight:

Lauren Duca posted:

She said she responded to one person, asking whether it felt odd to attack a stranger on Christmas Day.

"He wrote back saying 'get raped,' so that didn't work," she said.
also lol at Tucker Carlson's website putting up an article on how eloquent journalist Tucker Carlson totally owned that dumb feminazi broad.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I think it's one better than that; he didn't even do a college show, but his (aging) comedian friends who have done college shows & got panned told him "don't do college shows any more those kids are too PC to know what a joke is". then he amalgamated that with some anecdote about how his own daughter is too PC and she uses the word racist and sexist "wrong" and if she's too dumb to understand those words then obviously everybody within her age bracket is also too dumb to understand.

the whole quote was white male privilege.txt and the fact that he couldn't see that speaking down about his own daughter actually makes him look like a jackass parent (you raised her, dummy) was breathtaking.

also jerry seinfeld is as relevant to comedy now as steve martin or groucho marx. yeah sure you did something significant back in the day, but you haven't been actually funny in years so stop acting like you're still the boss of what is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxchdd9chw

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jerry Seinfeld has more money than every poster in this thread combined and old people will keep giving him money to tell his old jokes until he dies. He doesn't have to care what college kids think and he'll tell you so.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

butterbar posted:

It means you took the red pill

It really does, just for opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

excuse me rich idiots drinking piss water in ugly death traps is very funny, but none have died yet.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Jerry Seinfeld has more money than every poster in this thread combined and old people will keep giving him money to tell his old jokes until he dies. He doesn't have to care what college kids think and he'll tell you so.

If having money stopped you from being a fuckin moron trump would be smart and bee movie wouldn't exist

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

sure. he doesn't have to care, but he wouldn't look like a such a privileged shitlord if he was at least gracious about being so wealthy; you don't just have to ape TRUMP, you could mimic Gates or Buffett just as easily.

also regardless of his wealth, all of his complaints just reek of the stereotypical cranky old man who hates anything new for no other reason than because it's new and dang-nabbit, things were only good when they were exactly the way he liked them to be.

comedy as an art form is all about growing and changing and pushing the edge of what people consider to be tasteful, so I would think one of the most significant comedians in the US in the 20th century would have a little more perspective about the whole thing. instead we get "NO THEY AREN'T FINDING THE SAME THINGS FUNNY THAT I FIND TO BE FUNNY; YOUR FUNNY IS WRONG AND BAD AND DUMB YOU MILLENIAL BABBIES"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

sure. he doesn't have to care, but he wouldn't look like a such a privileged shitlord if he was at least gracious about being so wealthy; you don't just have to ape TRUMP, you could mimic Gates or Buffett just as easily.

also regardless of his wealth, all of his complaints just reek of the stereotypical cranky old man who hates anything new for no other reason than because it's new and dang-nabbit, things were only good when they were exactly the way he liked them to be.

comedy as an art form is all about growing and changing and pushing the edge of what people consider to be tasteful, so I would think one of the most significant comedians in the US in the 20th century would have a little more perspective about the whole thing. instead we get "NO THEY AREN'T FINDING THE SAME THINGS FUNNY THAT I FIND TO BE FUNNY; YOUR FUNNY IS WRONG AND BAD AND DUMB YOU MILLENIAL BABBIES"

hes right tho, new comedy is poo poo. ucb has ruined comedy for at least another 5-10 years

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Terror Sweat posted:

hes right tho, new comedy is poo poo. ucb has ruined comedy for at least another 5-10 years

you're very :wrong: idk or give a poo poo about ucb but "new comedy" has never been better there are tons of young comedians who are funny as hell

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

what do you think 'new comedy' is if UCB is to blame for it...

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

crazy cloud posted:

you're very :wrong: idk or give a poo poo about ucb but "new comedy" has never been better there are tons of young comedians who are funny as hell

And Seinfeld was never funny.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

California ruined animation, comedy, the left

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

California ruined animation, comedy, the left

good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whatever happened to farces? Nobody makes farces anymore.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Our reality's a loving farce!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wayans bros ruined everything

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should do a Frasier movie

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fullhouse posted:

marketing products to minors is Bad now? well,

All marketing is an extension of capitalism, and thus is bad.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this thread is a loving garbage fire

hot take

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

hmmmm, good post :hai:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

crazy cloud posted:

Such as?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Have you heard of a little show called MillionDollarExtreme

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

off top of head, incomplete unordered list ( and im calling < 40 young because it usually takes a fuckton of time and work )

Anthony Jeselnik, Chelsea Peretti, Hannibal Burress, Moshe Kasher, John Mulaney, Pete Holmes r probably my current favorites? :shrug:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Jeselnik is really good and absolutely gives no fucks about PC culture, while simultaneously refusing to self-censor.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Thoughts and Prayers is maybe my favorite comedy special of the last 10 years it just rules

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish Great Minds got a second season

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea their albums

rack em

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea their albums

noice

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Antisemitism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V246ECBdGpI

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

i liked the black version of death at a funeral

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I think it's one better than that; he didn't even do a college show, but his (aging) comedian friends who have done college shows & got panned told him "don't do college shows any more those kids are too PC to know what a joke is". then he amalgamated that with some anecdote about how his own daughter is too PC and she uses the word racist and sexist "wrong" and if she's too dumb to understand those words then obviously everybody within her age bracket is also too dumb to understand.

the whole quote was white male privilege.txt and the fact that he couldn't see that speaking down about his own daughter actually makes him look like a jackass parent (you raised her, dummy) was breathtaking.

also jerry seinfeld is as relevant to comedy now as steve martin or groucho marx. yeah sure you did something significant back in the day, but you haven't been actually funny in years so stop acting like you're still the boss of what is funny.

Lol whered you find this post at, D&D? Can you give us the source?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Lmao the ucb wtf

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kids and their damned shuriken TV shows and comic books

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

deadgoon posted:

where is this jacobin article about purging the working class from the left, i would like to read it

It's a figment of the Clintonites' imagination. But fear not, the fact that they realize it's a Bad Thing indicates that they are learning. They just need to put the label on someone else for a few months while they come to terms. They've never been quick learners.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Guy Goodbody posted:

I look forward to dozens of movies in the Cheers Cinematic Universe.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's so weird how the magazine named after the most violent lunatics from the revolution seems to be run by idiots

sometimes, you can catch the founder tweeting about something that isn't football :ssh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gosh the groundlings have ruined an entire generation of entertainment for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhSOoFE3Pw

:clint:

Guy Goodbody posted: