Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Getsuya posted:

I got Little Big Planet 2 for my wife and I to play. A few questions:

Is the normal game itself fun? Or was this more popular due to the user made content?
And the servers are still up and stuff right? I can still download all the user made stuff?
And if that's still possible is there a list of 'must play' user levels?

Weird Q

but why didn't you guys go for LBP3.

I feel like there are probably some LBP3 levels that aren't backwards compatible and that likely will allow the most levels to be played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Rhaegar posted:

What can I expect from Odin Sphere - I haven't played the original. Worth $30?

I'd say yes, but it depends on what kinds of games you enjoy. I'd suggest giving the demo a go first to see if it floats your boat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rhaegar posted:

What can I expect from Odin Sphere - I haven't played the original. Worth $30?

One of the best 2D action-RPG's ever made.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe I probably was better off letting my PS+ lapse. Only really keeping at this point so I can have the games I got for free.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Popular Human posted:

PS Plus games for January are:

PS4

Day of the Tentacle Remastered
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
Titan Souls (cross-play)
The Swindle(cross-play)

PS3

BlazeRush
The Swindle

Vita

Titan Souls
Azkend 2: The World Beneath

another pretty meh month, although I've always been sort of interested in This War of Mine.

Pretty excited for Day of the Tentacle. And Titan Souls looks interesting at least.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Rirse posted:

Maybe I probably was better off letting my PS+ lapse. Only really keeping at this point so I can have the games I got for free.
You didn't get those games for free. You paid a rental fee for them, and now you're paying a flat late-fee to keep holding onto them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So glad I held out on Day of the Tentacle and less glad I didn't hold out on all the other games this month. Good selection though

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MisterAlex posted:

You didn't get those games for free. You paid a rental fee for them, and now you're paying a flat late-fee to keep holding onto them.

Yeah. And you can't buy those games anymore once you get them 'free' too.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Titan Souls and This War of Mine are good games (tm). Day of the Tentacle is whatever if you've played it before.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is a solid month with no stinkers at all

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress i already have day of the tentacle

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I was sure it wasn't going to be on since grim fandango was already a ps plus game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kurtofan posted:

I was sure it wasn't going to be on since grim fandango was already a ps plus game.

I think every Double Fine game ends up in these or Humble Bundles super quick.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

I think every Double Fine game ends up in these or Humble Bundles super quick.

Yup

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SectumSempra posted:

Weird Q

but why didn't you guys go for LBP3.

I feel like there are probably some LBP3 levels that aren't backwards compatible and that likely will allow the most levels to be played.
LBP3 was really buggy at first and honestly still doesn't click with me like 2 did. The community was at its apex with 2

I've already got like half the Plus games for next month but at least that means they're probably less lovely

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm stoked as hell for the games for this month. Does this version of Day of the Tentacle have Maniac Mansion with it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Watrick posted:

I'm stoked as hell for the games for this month. Does this version of Day of the Tentacle have Maniac Mansion with it?

yeah.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watrick posted:

Yes and you need to play it a bit to get a trophy (the hamster incident).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes and you need to play it a bit to get a trophy (the hamster incident).

the trophies for that game are pretty funny

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Wait, Azkend? As in the lame match-3 puzzle game from years ago? Just when you thought they couldn't scrape the bottom of the barrel any harder.

Next month will be Bad Rats on all three platforms and a dynamic theme of middle fingers.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Day of the Tentacle
Yeah the trophies provided some meta "challenges" (not really challenging) which was nice. The commentary is great, too.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

SectumSempra posted:

Despite having access to all the user levels from 1 and 2 LBP3's updates to the engine broke a ton of them. In particular bounce pads were changed in such a way that levels designed to spring you to a particular place would just send you into a pit and there would be no way to complete the level.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Popular Human posted:

Day of the Tentacle Remastered
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones

I just bought both of these :( At least my backlog isn't growing, I guess.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Popular Human posted:

another pretty meh month, although I've always been sort of interested in This War of Mine.

New year, same Plus.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Rirse posted:

I'm in the process of letting my old PS+ expire and re-enrolling with a new account (moved to a different country), I've found games you got for free are the most disposable ones. How many PS+ titles do you play more than once, or go back to on a regular basis?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tricky Towers literally all the time.
Yakuza 5 😍

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, as bitchy as I think this thread is, the Facebook comments are so much worse. People unironically asking for Knack and Killzone over Day of the Tentacle and This War of Mine.

I will say at this point that if you're a strange person that cannot bring yourself to play a game that is indie, yes, cancel plus, but really, what is so bad about Indie games?

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Been holding off on buying This War of Mine, so I'm happy about this one. Is the Little Ones not exactly the original game? (Google tells me it's based from a children's perspective).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I'm in the process of letting my old PS+ expire and re-enrolling with a new account (moved to a different country), I've found games you got for free are the most disposable ones. How many PS+ titles do you play more than once, or go back to on a regular basis?

Broforce all the time

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
How many games do people play most of their games on a regular basis in general? Most games beat and then move on to something new. I mean some get regular play but some games aren't even really even meant for that.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I don't want any ps+ games, but I can't complain, because someone has to like them.:shrug:

I still want them to give revengance to US ps+ but otherwise, eh overall.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
So, my wife used to play some of my games on the PS3, but when we bought a PS4 I decided it would be cool for her to have her own account so she could have her own set of trophies and friends and whatnot. She's been playing my games on her own account with no problem whatsoever, including my Playstation Plus related games.

However, this Christmas I bought her Dungeons 2 because she liked playing the Dungeon Keeper games on her PC years ago. Since it was a gift for her, I went and bought the game through her own account instead of mine. I've downloaded it and she's been playing it and everything is fine with it, but I tried playing it through my own account and I'm blocked from it. Is there a way to revert this? Should I just buy all games through my account from now on even if those games are meant for her, just so I can access them in the future if I want to?

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Max Awfuls posted:

So, my wife used to play some of my games on the PS3, but when we bought a PS4 I decided it would be cool for her to have her own account so she could have her own set of trophies and friends and whatnot. She's been playing my games on her own account with no problem whatsoever, including my Playstation Plus related games.

However, this Christmas I bought her Dungeons 2 because she liked playing the Dungeon Keeper games on her PC years ago. Since it was a gift for her, I went and bought the game through her own account instead of mine. I've downloaded it and she's been playing it and everything is fine with it, but I tried playing it through my own account and I'm blocked from it. Is there a way to revert this? Should I just buy all games through my account from now on even if those games are meant for her, just so I can access them in the future if I want to?

I believe you just need to activate the PS4 as her account's primary console (maybe it doesn't do this when you create a secondary account on a PS4?). That shouldn't deactivate yours or do anything like that, it's just making that PS4 her primary console and I think that's the requirement for sharing games with all accounts on the system.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Flumpus posted:

I believe you just need to activate the PS4 as her account's primary console (maybe it doesn't do this when you create a secondary account on a PS4?). That shouldn't deactivate yours or do anything like that, it's just making that PS4 her primary console and I think that's the requirement for sharing games with all accounts on the system.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Move over Corn Love, we have a new contender.

https://twitter.com/pixelmatt64/status/813851857760026624

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Flumpus posted:

Primary System gets all rights to games from an account without always being signed in or if PSN is down. Any other system can access account games ONLY WHEN online AND signed into said account.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Please. Get that weak poo poo out of here.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I rather like the cheesey Holiday theme that was given out last week. It not quite the classic 360 holiday theme, but it great in the same cheesey fashion as Corn Love.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I recall some recommendations for the Jackbox Party games. Would those still be good for someone who already has the Wii/U library of casual party stuff available?

Never heard of that Tron game before this sale, should I assume it's bad? I came to the PS4 three years late so no idea if it's some hidden gem I've missed.

Trackmania looks kind of cool, is there a lot to enjoy if you don't plan on getting into the user-generated-content scene much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Minidust posted:

I recall some recommendations for the Jackbox Party games. Would those still be good for someone who already has the Wii/U library of casual party stuff available?

Jackbox 1 is worth it for Drawful alone. I played it with family this Christmas, none of them game much. It's also nice that anyone with a smartphone or tablet could play too.

• Locked thread