Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

I'm enjoying my $159,386 per capita GDP right now baby

Haha that reminds me, have you seen the way Texans have absolutely convinced themselves that everyone is leaving California and moving to Texas? It's like a weird mass delusion that has taken over that entire state.

I got into a boredom induced debate with some idiot on Twitter who was convinced California was hemorrhaging all its population, this might explain where it came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Jagged Jim posted:

Did somebody say Benghazi? :freep:

I hate Ben Ghazi so god drat much.

Can't believe those corrupt libs let him off for killing Vilerat.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

fishmech posted:

The drought doesn't really affect the average person's lifestyle. And it's not like Austin is cheap at all, especially if you want to live somewhere where you won't have a long commute to work and stuff to do. A lot of the companies moving to the Austin area are just doing that because they can pay a decent grip less and still get employees for a while, and some people have to move for that.

Incidentally most of the people who move to Austin and the county it's in recently? They're just from elsewhere in Texas, about 55% of them in fact. California is the next most common origin point, but California is also the largest state, so it tends to dominate state-origin stats for nearly everywhere - California is the most common state for new residents of New York City to come from after residents from the rest of New York.

Yeah, most of the Bay Area people I knew over the last 15 years that transferred to Austin weren't from California to begin with and just wanted a larger house AND modest $85k-$100k tech job. Plus they were almost all about to have kids/had small kids. They basically wanted the same lifestyle which would have taken a $300k+ salary or stock option lottery winnings/east coast trustafarian money to afford somewhere like Mountain View.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From ‘Fake’ Obama Birth Certificate Was ‘Inside Job’ posted by freeper HomerBohn

tl;dr: conservatives misunderstand how photocopiers work and come to unsurprising conclusions

It starts off surprisingly sane, for freep.

quote:

quote:

To: XEHRpa
“The very fact that the image is “curled” on the left hand side, while the green background watermark is not curled is defacto proof of a manipulated image.”

Why? The watermark is on the paper that the image is copied onto, and shouldn’t be curled. The birth certificate is (supposedly) photocopied from an official record book, which would be curled because of the binding.

5 posted on 12/26/2016, 6:03:25 AM by Pravious

Stop polluting a good conspiracy theory thread with your explanations.

7 posted on 12/26/2016, 6:07:26 AM by FewsOrange

And then it goes to hell.

quote:

To: samtheman
“They manufactured a document,” he said. “That’s astounding, because now you have to ask why. Why would people produce a forgery, a fraud, for the president of the United States and defraud the American people. The answers are not good,” he said.

Maybe because a Muslim shadow government was set up with the assistance of several Muslim Brotherhood terrorist support elements under the nose of of the American people. I'm pretty sure the Muslim infiltration is very deep; probably much deeper than we are aware.

10 posted on 12/26/2016, 6:21:51 AM by jsanders2001

With original underlines.

quote:

To: FewsOrange

a good conspiracy theory thread

Theory?

How many experts have to tell you that the document is forged?

Will this be a "theory" until Jake Tapper of CNN tells you on the air that CNN is convinced the document is forged? Are you waiting for CBS (SEE BS), ABC, NBC, MSNBC, ..... to all tell you simultaneously that Hussein Obama's BC is forged?

It's not theory, anyone with an IQ even approaching room temperature should at least suspect that Hussein Obama has no legitimate BC and this document was forged. Those of us with higher IQ's are pretty sure this is proof Hussein Obama is a scam and that sealing his school records along with the forged BC takes this to the level of jail time for Obama and probably officials in Hawaii for assisting in producing this forgery.

It's NOT consiracy theory, it is conspiracy fact. Most likely to the point of over 99% probability of being true.

I do agree that he is innocent until proven guilty but it looks like time for a trail, an easy conviction and then put Hussein Obama in prison for a long, long time.

13 posted on 12/26/2016, 6:34:01 AM by politicianslie (What would a terrorist do if he were made POTUS? : Exactly what Hussein Obama is doing)

Ladies and gentlemen, authoritarians.

quote:

To: HomerBohn

All of those in Hawaii, other states, and DC who were involved with or knew about the fabrication of Obama’s fake birth certificate should be indicted, tried, convicted, and sentence to publicly hang for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

15 posted on 12/26/2016, 6:36:35 AM by Carl Vehse

Freep opinions: Obama's birth certificate is a fake because it's not racist enough

quote:

To: All

If you notice, Obama’s mother is listed under race as “Caucasian”...

Obama’s father is listed under race as “African”...

First...Africa is not a race...It is a continent...

Second...In 1961, Obama’s father would’ve been listed under race as “Negroid”...

21 posted on 12/26/2016, 6:48:42 AM by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)

How do these people not understand photocopiers!? loving hell, just look at the actual PDF yourself, http://www.slideshare.net/whitehouse/birth-certificatelongform

quote:

To: XEHRpa

That curl is especially strange, isn’t it? It appears somebody used an Xacto knife to carefully cut along the left side and partially along the top, then precisely cause the paper to curl uniformly down, the curl precisely ending at the ends of the top and bottom horizontal cuts. Then the background visible behind the top cut is pitch black — there is no background document or,paper beneath the BC. All those features had to be computer fabricated — nothing in nature looks like that. On the face of it, the curl just screams “fake.”

36 posted on 12/26/2016, 7:49:30 AM by ProtectOurFreedom

quote:

To: jsanders2001

I think the CIA put Obummer in place as President and attempted to give him a legitimate background by tidying up records like school records, birth records, passport records. Remember Brenner(sp) was the contractor working in an area with access to passport records, and one of the records tampered with was Obummers and the other was Hillarys to make it look more random. And then one of his workers was found in his car with a bullet in his brain (to keep him quiet?). Now Brenner(sp?) is the convert to Islam heading up the CIA. If you saw all this in a movie, you’d think the plot was too far fetched to be believable.

43 posted on 12/26/2016, 8:13:36 AM by kiltie65

OH COME ON

quote:

To: HomerBohn

Of course it is fake, the original Kenyan birth certificate is locked in a vault at the CIA. My proof is the CIA still exists.

47 posted on 12/26/2016, 8:49:08 AM by depressed in 06 (I'm going to have to come up with a new tag line.)

Jesus Christ, another one of these. I guess this goes from freep being freep to freep parroting stupid poo poo someone else said.

quote:

To: HomerBohn; All

There is one simple, blaring, in-your-face error on this BC that NO ONE to date seems to’ve caught...

It’s such a simple thing - and one that everyone could understand in a minute - most aren’t going to wade thru’ the reams of technical jargon.

On the certificate, father’s race is listed as “African”
1. “African” is not a race. Lots of people born in Africa are white, Indian, Oriental etc.
2. If they HAD been smart enough not to list race as African - they would probably have put “black” - which would also have been wrong.
In 1961, race would have been entered ‘negro’ ...

soooooo, Joe - find another Hawaiian BC from 1961 that lists race as either “African or Black”

55 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:33:26 AM by maine-iac7 (Christian is as Christian does)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Is it too late to go over to the Muslim Shadow Government? It sounds a lot nicer than the one we have now.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Why Donald Trump’s Secretary of State Might Actually Stand Up for LGBT Rights posted by freeper Salman

It's an article from the Daily Beast. It quotes parts of Tillerson's support of permitting gay members of the Boy Scouts, as president of the BSA. The excerpt stops right before these paragraphs, which are perhaps more interesting.

the article posted:

On the other hand, Tillerson’s LGBT record at ExxonMobil is poor. True, the company has recently improved its score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (PDF), from 40 in the 2016 guide to 85 in the 2017 guide—but a closer look reveals that the change is illusory.

For years, Exxon was a holdout, its shareholders rejecting non-discrimination protections for LGBT employees 17 times. When Exxon merged with Mobil in 1999, former Mobil employees actually lost the same-sex domestic partnership benefits they had enjoyed for years. In 2012 and 2013, the Human Rights Campaign actually gave Exxon a negative-25 score on the index. An in-depth investigation in 2013 by the LGBT magazine The Advocate revealed a corporate culture dominated by conservatism and machismo.

ExxonMobil’s policy changed in 2015, but only because President Obama signed an executive order requiring government contractors—ExxonMobil being among the largest—to adopt such protections. The company had no choice but to comply, and so its score jumped.

Trump, incidentally, is widely expected to overturn that order on his first day in office.

It's a shame we just did a title change, because Freepers:

quote:

To: Salman

CRAP!! ENOUGH OF GAY CRAP!! GAY EVERYWHERE!!! GAY EVERYTHING!!! I’m SICK of it.

2 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:43:36 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

Now we know why Kerry was Ok with Tillerson. Rex is a fag lover. PUKE

3 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:46:05 PM by max americana (For the 9th time FIRED LIBERALS from our company at this election, and every election since 2008)

Freep opinions: the existence of gay people is intolerable

quote:

To: Ann Archy

Me too!

If I turn on the TV, radio, read newspapers, blogs, etc...I’m FORCED to hear about or see this crap.

I’m sick of having perversion shoved down my throat. Can’t we set America’s standards higher?

6 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:49:42 PM by bimboeruption (Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.)

gently caress you.

quote:

To: bimboeruption

Queers do have rights

Queers have a right to a closet light

7 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:51:19 PM by Thibodeaux (the end of Obama plague is near........ rejoice)

quote:

““He prayed on it, and ultimately he came to the conclusion the only thing that can guide him here is what’s best for the young boys.””

He prayed, and then subjected boys to faggotry.

8 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:52:36 PM by DesertRhino

Freep opinions: gay people are the natural enemy of god

quote:

To: DiogenesLamp

Exactly, one has to wonder what his prayer to God was like? “Dear Lord- I think we should allow people who commit an abomination in your site to be in charge of children without supervision- what say You Lord? Isn’t that the ‘humane’ thing to do? Ok Then- I’ll support them Having positions of power over little children- what could possibly go wrong when your enemies take care of children?”

10 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:54:29 PM by Bob434

quote:

Willie Sutton: “Because that’s where the money is”
Rex Tillerson: “Because that’s where the boys are”

12 posted on 12/26/2016, 4:01:55 PM by akalinin (hxxp://www.sterlingheightsreport.com)

Freep opinions: You can't be pro-life while also supporting LGBTQ rights. (Actually, that'd be an interesting thing to see...)

quote:

To: CodeToad

What confuses me is that Trump is pro life. Also, that there is only one God. Then, he says he is pro LGBTQ. He was doing real good until he said that.

34 posted on 12/26/2016, 5:08:41 PM by Evil Slayer ((Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war....))

I love their continual redefinition of the word "destroyed"

quote:

This decision destroyed the Scouts.

38 posted on 12/26/2016, 5:21:01 PM by Mamzelle

So much to unpack here...

quote:

To: KyCats

The scouts should disband—a crying shame, but the Girl Scouts have been ruined by planned parenthood lesbians, too.

40 posted on 12/26/2016, 5:23:18 PM by Mamzelle

quote:

To: Ann Archy; All

Yup. I’m convinced that the people who post these kinds of LGBTQ-whatever threads are queer and should troll for same-sex dates elsewhere.

46 posted on 12/26/2016, 5:40:24 PM by Cobra64 (Common sense isn't common any more.)

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
Where are all these roving bands of lesbian girl scouts, and are any of them age appropriate?

Jagged Jim posted:

Is it too late to go over to the Muslim Shadow Government? It sounds a lot nicer than the one we have now.
These things never make sense to me. I'm re-watching the X-Files to get ready for finally seeing season 10, and I have to wonder, once you break away from a real government, how do you keep your power? Like, why are a handful of old dudes able to order around the US Military? You'd think someone in the actual Military would be like, and you guys are? Oh, you started a secret club in 1973, that's cute. Aliens, you say, sure buddy; here's some toffee and hard candy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Joshmo posted:

Where are all these roving bands of lesbian girl scouts, and are any of them age appropriate?

These things never make sense to me. I'm re-watching the X-Files to get ready for finally seeing season 10, and I have to wonder, once you break away from a real government, how do you keep your power? Like, why are a handful of old dudes able to order around the US Military? You'd think someone in the actual Military would be like, and you guys are? Oh, you started a secret club in 1973, that's cute. Aliens, you say, sure buddy; here's some toffee and hard candy.

The whole point of a shadow government is that it's pulling the strings but isn't the actual government. That way they never take the blame, just running poo poo behind the scenes. Important, powerful people would know who they are and would follow orders (often under threat of "...or else") which would then trickle down the ranks. Private Rifle McShooteyman probably has no idea it exists but when Major Brassy Brass McBrasseronson says "do what the man in the suit says" you listen. The conspiracy of a shadow government also would have super secret special forces types of dudes who are in the military but are classified to hell and back.

They don't have their hands on the levers but they have levers on the people whose hands are there.

In the real world that doesn't actually make a ton of sense because it's pretty unlikely a tiny handful of old, white dudes in black suits could have that much control over the entire world but it makes for a good story. It would, in reality, involve a ton of 11-th dimensional chess and prescience. Best we have that comes close is a bunch of lovely rich people who just throw money at the government in return for more money coming back at them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

Holiday season the main theme seems to be "peace on earth, good will towards man"
Freeps opinion? gently caress that poo poo and gently caress you too

These are the types that would be busy mailing out white feathers and bitching about troops starting cease fires during the holiday back in WWI

I'm also fairly sure this never happened.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

One of the things I like to say when I'm bored and trolling pol is that the real redpill is that there is no redpill. There are too many unknowable variables and the world and its 7-8 billion inhabitants' countless and ongoing interactions with said variables are far too complex and unpredictable for any one individual or group of individuals to control.

Vast, all-encompassing conspiracy theories are absolutely ridiculous, and only very small-minded people fall for them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Alter Ego posted:

I'm sure it did because he even admitted he WOULD be a tough guy...if she said what he needed to hear.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The whole point of a shadow government is that it's pulling the strings but isn't the actual government. That way they never take the blame, just running poo poo behind the scenes. Important, powerful people would know who they are and would follow orders (often under threat of "...or else") which would then trickle down the ranks. Private Rifle McShooteyman probably has no idea it exists but when Major Brassy Brass McBrasseronson says "do what the man in the suit says" you listen. The conspiracy of a shadow government also would have super secret special forces types of dudes who are in the military but are classified to hell and back.

They don't have their hands on the levers but they have levers on the people whose hands are there.

In the real world that doesn't actually make a ton of sense because it's pretty unlikely a tiny handful of old, white dudes in black suits could have that much control over the entire world but it makes for a good story. It would, in reality, involve a ton of 11-th dimensional chess and prescience. Best we have that comes close is a bunch of lovely rich people who just throw money at the government in return for more money coming back at them.

Also it helps to have your conspiracy backed up by real aliens and super soldiers.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From How Trump’s win changed my Deep South college experience posted by freeper 2ndDivisionVet

the article posted:

My first election made me question whether I actually have a voice in this country. To be in a red state as a minority student means my dignity felt stripped away. The fact that American voters supported Trump’s hate speech made feel threatened; some of his rhetoric was directed against my black skin. My identity feels more expendable to America now, as if my ancestors had not helped build this country. So I’ve been finding ways to make my identity an integral part of my academic journey, whether that’s by writing an English essay on race or picking up an African American Studies course for the spring semester.

To be a black student on a liberal campus in a red state means I am living a life of cognitive dissonance. My campus, where I feel loved and wanted, is situated in a state where many people have been taught to hate those who look like me. And even some kinds of conservatism, previously rare in my Emory bubble, have seeped onto campus. While I acknowledge the conservative and racist factions in my country, I do not accept them. I am so grateful for the opportunity to study at my school but I cannot turn a blind eye to to world at large. I must defend my beliefs and my rights even more now because the election results ultimately made me more of a minority.

As an African American woman, I have always experienced a certain type of alienation, but after the election, that feeling has expanded. To function on a daily basis, I feel my mentality slipping into one that would be appropriate for the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. It is a confusing difference to navigate and one that is more and more apparent every day since November 9. Ultimately, to be a black woman at Emory in the middle of a red state means I am becoming a new type of Freedom Fighter.

Before we get to the horrible things freep has to say, I want you to go back and re-read those three paragraphs, replacing the experience of a liberal northern black woman in the deep south to a conservative southern white "Christian" man in, say, San Francisco. How many of us would dismiss what they'd write just because of who they are and where they are, and what we want society to be.

Let's be better than freep.

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

As Obama told republicans in 2009, “We Won, You lost!

2 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:18:40 AM by AU72

quote:

Liberal Tears for Christmas. I am not tired of winning yet, President-Elect Trump, in fact, you have whetted my appetite.

3 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:19:19 AM by XEHRpa

quote:

Sounds like another racist, delusional, Stalinist special snowflake needs to get a clue and grow the hell up.

5 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:21:32 AM by fieldmarshaldj (Je Suis Pepe)

quote:

Deliberate self isolation from reality = Snowflake.

6 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:22:24 AM by pfflier

quote:

African American women: the most biased, one-sided voting group in the United States. By far.

8 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:22:29 AM by CatOwner

quote:

I don't give a drat that she's a woman. I don't give a drat that she's "African-American". And I certainly do not give a drat that she calls herself a "liberal".

The feelings-based people have run this country into the ground, from the Community Organizer on down. Perhaps she and her elitist snowflakes don't care about that, but a LOT of the REAL Americans in those provinces she and her fellow "progressives" have sneered at in derision... they DID care. Enough to exercise their right to depose Hilllary, Obama, and everything that they stand for.

Liberals have had their time. They have been weighed and found wanting.

I do not want to shove liberals to the back of the bus. I want to leave them sobbing on the curb as the bus drives by ignoring them.

11 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:24:55 AM by Ciaphas Cain (The choice to be stupid is not a conviction I am obligated to respect.)

Freep opinions: racism is the fault of the victim for thinking of them as a minority

quote:

I am a black college student in a part of the country where a lot of people had just made it very clear that they do not respect my skin color.

So because I voted for Trump, I do not respect her skin color?

OK, I'll say it: I do not respect her skin color, but not in the way she thinks. I do not respect it because I serve a God who is no respecter of persons. I do not respect it because MLK told me that his dream was that his children would be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I do not respect it because Sydney Poitier acted a role where he chided his father for thinking of himself as "a colored man," when he should have been thinking of himself as a man.

I did not vote for Trump because he is white. I would have voted for Allen West, and not because he is black. I am not a respecter of skin color. I am a respecter of competence and an understanding of the place of the United States in the world, and Hillary Clinton had neither, while Donald Trump had both, and that is why I voted for him.

When, madame, you learn to think of yourself, the country, the world, and God more than your skin color, then we will be able to talk rationally, and not before.

12 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:25:05 AM by chajin ("There is no other name under heaven given among people by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12)

Seriously though, let's be better than freep.

quote:

"As an African American woman...situated in a state where many people have been taught to hate those who look like me..."

Moron.

13 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:25:14 AM by ex91B10 (We've tried the Soap Box,the Ballot Box and the Jury Box; ONE BOX LEFT! (ON HOLD starting 1/19/17))

:stare:

quote:

What's going to happen when her when her "Affirmative Action Scholarship" dries up?

I hope thee people live in fear for the next 16 years. It will help reduce the crime rate.

14 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:26:13 AM by Cowboy Bob

Freep opinions: racism is the fault of the victim for not being enough of a patriot

quote:

To: All

Sounds to me like she is inwardly ashamed of “being black”...

If she would concentrate LESS on “being black” and concentrate MORE on “being American”, she might feel better about herself...

20 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:29:01 AM by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)

quote:

Give her a one way ticket to Zimbabwe. Send her English and French profs to a FEMA camp.

23 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:30:46 AM by PAR35

quote:

Stupid rear end woman. What exactly have the democrats done for young blacks over the last 8 years? Is young black unemployment above 50% good for blacks?

Is she at Emory as part of a quota program or is she there on her own merit? No one is keeping her from moving back north.

24 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:30:47 AM by boycott (S)

Freep opinions: racism is the fault of the victims. Period, full stop.

quote:

Has Imani ever noticed that as a general rule, other minorities in the USA like Koreans, Japanese, Indians, Chinese, Jews, et al. don’t have time for all this kind of self-absorbed navel-gazing? They just get on with life and tend to be highly successful in spite of living in this dreadful, racist, bigoted country full of conservative white devils.

28 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:32:11 AM by Cecily

Freep opinions: dogwhistles? What dogwhistles?

quote:

How and when did the Trump campaign become a campaign against black voters?

I don’t recall that being the case. Ever.

32 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:33:51 AM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

quote:

I woke up on November 9 to multiple texts from my friends, telling me to be safe. They had came to the same realization I had: I am a black college student in a part of the country where a a lot of people had just made it very clear that they do not respect my skin color.

There's nothing like a blatant falsehood to keep the irrational hysteria flowing.

The idiotic lies repeated in pieces such as this one are so ludicrous, so unfounded in reality, that it's almost impossible to even carry on a coherent discussion about what really happened on November 8.

What happened certainly bears no resemblance to the unhinged projection which has been emanating from the race-baiting Left.

Eventually, even the most ignorant and dense Social Justice Warriors are going to realize that they've been lied to— not by Trump supporters, but by their "overseers" on the Left. The trepidation being shown by the rank-and-file on the Left is, quite simply, utterly misguided and not congruent with objective reality.

So these sheep are going to eventually have to come to the realization that their presumptions were totally incorrect, and realizing that fact is the first step towards more enlightened thought, and towards resolving the "problems" that, for the most part, are a figment of their hateful imaginations.

This process will be a laboriously slow one, but if President Trump stays true to the spirit of those who have elected him, those who didn't will inevitably realize that they were wrong, and, worse, that they've been being manipulated and used by a bunch of malicious, race-baiting demagogues who worship the false god of identity politics.

The vast majority of Americans are almost entirely post-racial in their thinking, and the sooner the spoiled adults who are still thinking like children awaken to that fact, the sooner we can all continue forming "a more perfect union" together.

So to butthurt Hillary lemmings I say:

Well? We're waiting...

38 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:38:26 AM by sargon (The Revolution is ON! Support President-elect Trump!)

Original emphasis. It's an album. You can tell from the context that it's an album.

quote:

I watched the election results in Emory University’s Black Student Union with Chance the Rapper’s Coloring Book

I did not touch a coloring book after fourth grade. I would be embarrassed to admit I was still using coloring books while attending supposedly one of the top colleges in the US. It is obvious this student was admitted to Emory because of racial quotas.

40 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:39:40 AM by C19fan
No, there's no /s there.

quote:

Well, since the words "I" or "me" appeared no fewer than ten times in the first paragraph you sort of knew where this was going without reading any of the verbs. I have some bad news for the author. I don't give a crap in hell about her personal identity. She's an American and proud of it or she's not. And she's not.

One can nurture a sense of alienation indefinitely if it makes one feel special, and that's exactly what's going on here, a perpetual child in a perpetual pout. There will never be "justice" as she defines it because it would ruin everything for her. And I don't care to be a perpetual punching bag for her carefully contrived sense of resentment and entitlement.

45 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:41:42 AM by Billthedrill

By the second page, there have been multiple freepers using phrases like "post racial" and talking about how black people just don't consider themselves American enough. Who is feeding them this poo poo?

quote:

Poor little snowflake! (or would she consider that racis?) She doesn’t realize her post-graduation prospects just improved by a quantum - unless she is a Black Studies major or other such nonsense. And her French prof? Didn’t she realize when choosing classes that in the sHrillary world she wanted, Spanish or Arabic would be of far more utility to her?

As to her skin color and being afraid ... she is in Atlanta fer cryin out loud. Try walking-while-white in many, many areas of that city.

I wonder if she identifies with those mall creatures who rioted on Christmas Eve.

59 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:52:26 AM by NonValueAdded (#DeplorableMe #BitterClinger #HillNO! #MyPresident #MAGA)

Freep opinions: racism is the fault of the victim for being a minority

quote:

The sad part is that this young woman believes this rot. She has been told all of her life that she is regarded as less than human due to her skin color. She has no idea that people don’t give a rat’s patootie about her skin color, but what she chooses to do with her life that will earn her respect. Unfortunately, she is choosing the wrong path, wearing her skin color on her shoulder expecting the world to knock it to the ground.

Get back to the books, honey. Work hard and succeed. Avoid the numbskulls that had rather spend their time whining and rabble-rousing than studying and working hard. Stop rubbing your skin color in every person’s face you meet and you might just be surprised at what you can accomplish.

60 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:53:16 AM by publana (Great reset button you got there, Hills.)

quote:

I woke up on November 9 to multiple texts from my friends, telling me to be safe. They had came to the same realization I had: I am a black college student in a part of the country where a a lot of people had just made it very clear that they do not respect my skin color. Safety was on their minds.

Oh puhleeze. This little snowflake is safer among White Trump supporters than she is in many Black parts of the Atlanta area, and if she doesn’t believe that, she needs to pay more attention to the local news about what’s really going on in the world around her just outside her safe space campus.

This SJW Big Lie meme about Trump supporters being a danger to the safety of minorities is complete hogwash, and the growing number of documented fake “Trump supporter” hate crimes is testament to this fact. These fools and liars have almost nothing in the way of real, documented violent crimes perpetrated by Trump supporters for political reasons.

I’m sick of their whining, and would tell this little flake the same to her face were I to meet her.

67 posted on 12/26/2016, 11:01:56 AM by FreedomPoster (Islam delenda est)

This is not the only post in the thread telling her to get laid, but is is the only one telling her to get married.

quote:

I’ll say it.

Men and women were meant to bond and have children.

This lady needs a good man!

68 posted on 12/26/2016, 11:02:20 AM by donna ('God's standards, like it or not, are the basis for the laws that led to western civilization.)

Freep opinions: I'm not RACIST, I'm just TIRED of all these LAZY BLACK PEOPLE and SLUTTY WOMEN THAT GET PREGNANT I have to hire
- or -
Freep opinions: What do you mean it's illegal to fire a woman for getting pregnant?
- or -
This is the best/worst post in the thread, just read it.

quote:

Wait until she tries to find a real job—under Trump & a growing economy—and when she finds out that her sense of ‘entitlement’ & her ‘snowflake’ identity won’t be an asset for her.

She needs to grow the hell up.

Note to this kid: When you have a real education, sweetie, and you have something to offer an employer, you might find some happiness. I certainly hope that you are majoring in a topic that has a job on the horizon & that you truly enjoy that kind of work. Otherwise, you are wasting the time & money & stealing a seat from a student who might really care alot more.

I don’t care one little bit whether you are black—or female—or lost in your own thoughts.....when you are away from work.

IF I hire you—I have the right to EXPECT that you have the qualifications to DO THE JOB—to show up on time every day you are required to be ON THE JOB— appropriately groomed & dressed FOR THE JOB-—and ready to put in a full day’s work ON THE JOB.

I will never be signing a paycheck for someone who thinks that ANY calls on THEIR cell phone are more important that the work I am paying you to perform. Your cell phone is off limits during working hours. Same for computer contacts. I am not hiring you to take care of YOUR personal business on my working dime.

I will be very cognizant of what you know—how your perform on the JOB I am PAYING YOU FOR—and what your attitude is.

Otherwise-—don’t darken my door with an application.

BTW—I don’t hire off the internet with internet applications. I will put up notices that I am hiring-—and YOU had better show up IN PERSON, act appropriately, and be of a mind that YOU ARE GLAD TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to even be interviewed.

You have been given a privilege that many of your prospective employers didn’t have—a college education. However, I am NOT REQUIRED to start your possible employment at a high enough salary for you ‘to pay your student loans—your new fancy car—or your high priced apartment’—or to take that vacation ‘you have always wanted’. You WILL be a ‘PROBATIONARY’ employee for 6 months. You will accumulate vacation pay AFTER one full year of active employment. I won’t be offering ‘family leave’ if you wish to get pregnant. That decision is yours—so YOU DECIDE if you want to work or be a Mommy. I don’t run a company large enough to have you missing for any length of time not agreed to in advance by both of us. That includes your vacation usage.

Keep in mind that those of us who can sign the FRONT of your paycheck have a large stake in how your perform. We are not interested in you demanding Kwanza off or time off to protest that Shrillary didn’t get elected.

I am not your MINISTER or your SHRINK. I am your EMPLOYER. IF it becomes a Federal demand that I MUST give family leave, I will be downsizing my operations to the bare bones.

IT will be time to act like an adult & think like an adult. GOOD LUCK.

85 posted on 12/26/2016, 11:42:43 AM by ridesthemiles

quote:

“Comments?”

Yes. It’s all I the author’s mind. There has not been, nor will there be any widespread racism, bigotry, hatred, or intolerance from white people or conservatives. Liberal whites and “minorities” have spent the past 8 years living in a euphoric state of mental masturbation. The only hate on display is clear ok them towards those of us that do not think, speak, act or subscribe to their fantasies and idiocy.

Piss on this little black snowflake and every other delicate, liberal, fascist college terd.

89 posted on 12/26/2016, 12:12:04 PM by Roger Kaputnik (Just because I'm paranoid doesn't prove that they aren't out to get me.)

Freep opinions: black Americans have no idea how privileged they are

quote:

What is really shameful are those that have convinced her that this is reality. The media, liberal professors and this President have made a generation of young black people believe they’re such victims of “conservative and racist” Americans.

Here she is, a black woman at university, clothes on her back, food in her stomach, roof over her head and the only thing stopping her career is how much she studies and stays childless out of wedlock. In a historical context she has no idea how privileged she is. Considering historical difficulties, including war, famine, slavery, etc. - she should feel as though this is a great time to be alive. Yet she doesn’t, she believes this is a terrible time.

Not unbelievable but a shame.

90 posted on 12/26/2016, 12:12:47 PM by fuzzylogic (welfare state = sharing consequences of poor moral choices among everybody)

quote:

WAAAA I’m black I’m a victim. WAAA I’m black look at me. WAAAA I’m black. WAAA I’m black look at me. WAAA. voting for a white woman is not racist but voting for a white man is racist. WAAA I’m black, you’re all racist. WAAA I’m black and it defines everything about me. WAAA. I’m black and that’s all I am. WAAA I’m black...

94 posted on 12/26/2016, 12:55:25 PM by Organic Panic (Rich White Man Evicts Poor Black Family From Public Housing - MSNBCPBSCNNNYTABC)

quote:

To: CatOwner

African American women: the most biased, one-sided voting group in the United States. By far.

And, therefore, the bloc with the least power and influence.

98 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:14:21 PM by Rastus (#NeverHillary #AlwaysTrump)

quote:

To: CatOwner

the mot dangerous place in the world ...an African-American female’s womb

100 posted on 12/26/2016, 4:25:19 PM by albertabound

quote:

To: NonValueAdded; All

Statistically she should be afraid of her fellow co-ethnics, who are far likely to beat, rape, and murder her in a fit of irrational violence of the type that white people rarely engage in.

That said, I am glad she is afraid. People like her should always be afraid.

107 posted on 12/27/2016, 9:19:33 AM by T-Bone Texan (Normal people do not play dominoes on pizza.)

quote:

"To be in a red state as a minority student means my dignity felt stripped away."

Get the hell used to how many non-Seattle residents feel in Washington state, or how much of California feels, or how about 3,000 counties out of <3100 feel - when a liberal buttwipe gets elected, and their vote and every vote they have made for decades doesn't count for squat!

As a white male Christian, I'm a minority oppressed by a handful of cities in a country where the only votes that count are in large cities - and where even there, only half of the votes are cast by the living!

112 posted on 12/27/2016, 10:25:48 AM by Mr Rogers (We're a nation of infants, ruled by their emotion)

Remember all that stuff at the beginning about how we should be better than freep? We still should be better from freep, but gently caress freepers forever.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

CRAP!! ENOUGH OF GAY CRAP!! GAY EVERYWHERE!!! GAY EVERYTHING!!! I’m SICK of it.

2 posted on 12/26/2016, 3:43:36 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

Stop making a big deal out of it and let them have normal lives and you won't hear anything.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Alter Ego posted:

Doesn't matter if it happened or not, it's the attitude that counts. these fuckers are so bent on "CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS!!!11" they're willing to ignore everything christ actually stood for to poo poo on someone

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

From How Trump’s win changed my Deep South college experience posted by freeper 2ndDivisionVet

Before we get to the horrible things freep has to say, I want you to go back and re-read those three paragraphs, replacing the experience of a liberal northern black woman in the deep south to a conservative southern white "Christian" man in, say, San Francisco. How many of us would dismiss what they'd write just because of who they are and where they are, and what we want society to be.

I'm pretty sure he'd have a lot less to fear. Last I checked Hillary didn't have well known groups of racists backing her or people that felt women shouldn't have a choice when it comes to abortion, or people shouldn't have easy access to healthcare or want to go kick every other nation's rear end based on religion, resources, or because they said something mean.
People that backed the democratic party have a lot more to fear from this election than a conservative could if it were reversed.

quote:

8 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:22:29 AM by CatOwner

Because they won't vote for a party backed by racists whose leader not only has stated racist things but also a healthy dose of sexism too.
Nah, couldn't be, it has to be because they're racist

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 28, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

McGlockenshire posted:

Give her a one way ticket to Zimbabwe. Send her English and French profs to a FEMA camp.

23 posted on 12/26/2016, 10:30:46 AM by PAR35

Oh so FEMA camps are good now that it's the liberals getting sent to them? Gotcha.

quote:

Wait until she tries to find a real job—under Trump & a growing economy—and when she finds out that her sense of ‘entitlement’ & her ‘snowflake’ identity won’t be an asset for her.

She needs to grow the hell up.

Note to this kid: When you have a real education, sweetie, and you have something to offer an employer, you might find some happiness. I certainly hope that you are majoring in a topic that has a job on the horizon & that you truly enjoy that kind of work. Otherwise, you are wasting the time & money & stealing a seat from a student who might really care alot more.

I don’t care one little bit whether you are black—or female—or lost in your own thoughts.....when you are away from work.

IF I hire you—I have the right to EXPECT that you have the qualifications to DO THE JOB—to show up on time every day you are required to be ON THE JOB— appropriately groomed & dressed FOR THE JOB-—and ready to put in a full day’s work ON THE JOB.

I will never be signing a paycheck for someone who thinks that ANY calls on THEIR cell phone are more important that the work I am paying you to perform. Your cell phone is off limits during working hours. Same for computer contacts. I am not hiring you to take care of YOUR personal business on my working dime.

I will be very cognizant of what you know—how your perform on the JOB I am PAYING YOU FOR—and what your attitude is.

Otherwise-—don’t darken my door with an application.

BTW—I don’t hire off the internet with internet applications. I will put up notices that I am hiring-—and YOU had better show up IN PERSON, act appropriately, and be of a mind that YOU ARE GLAD TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to even be interviewed.

You have been given a privilege that many of your prospective employers didn’t have—a college education. However, I am NOT REQUIRED to start your possible employment at a high enough salary for you ‘to pay your student loans—your new fancy car—or your high priced apartment’—or to take that vacation ‘you have always wanted’. You WILL be a ‘PROBATIONARY’ employee for 6 months. You will accumulate vacation pay AFTER one full year of active employment. I won’t be offering ‘family leave’ if you wish to get pregnant. That decision is yours—so YOU DECIDE if you want to work or be a Mommy. I don’t run a company large enough to have you missing for any length of time not agreed to in advance by both of us. That includes your vacation usage.

Keep in mind that those of us who can sign the FRONT of your paycheck have a large stake in how your perform. We are not interested in you demanding Kwanza off or time off to protest that Shrillary didn’t get elected.

I am not your MINISTER or your SHRINK. I am your EMPLOYER. IF it becomes a Federal demand that I MUST give family leave, I will be downsizing my operations to the bare bones.

IT will be time to act like an adult & think like an adult. GOOD LUCK.

85 posted on 12/26/2016, 11:42:43 AM by ridesthemiles

Jesus Christ, what a nice dude, what an honor and blessing it would be to work for this paragon of industry.

quote:

There has not been, nor will there be any widespread racism, bigotry, hatred, or intolerance from white people or conservatives.

What in the actual gently caress, how are these people even real.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

I do find the shifting ideological currents on freep interesting in regards to this. The mainline freep opinion has mostly been racism is bad, conservatives are good. Therefore conservatives cannot be racist. Liberals are bad, so therefore liberals must be racist. That racism is bad somehow even penetrated the thick skulls of these people.

But for some years now I've noticed a growing number of freepers that simply dispense with the above half-cooked defensive bullshit and state quite clearly, Yeah I hate black people, so what?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black people were racist to me first, therefore

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Didn't you know? Racism is explicitly saying "you are black, you filthy friend of the family. Your black skin is the sole reason I am saying this, and also the reason I am beating you and hanging you from this tree. Because you are black, no other reason. friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family."

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ this too. Quite a few have vented that racism is standing in front of a black person with a noose screaming "friend of the family" at the top of your lungs. Just calling them ferals, useless blacks, and other such slurs aren't racist because they're not the big scary "n-word".

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh so FEMA camps are good now that it's the liberals getting sent to them? Gotcha.

Jesus Christ, what a nice dude, what an honor and blessing it would be to work for this paragon of industry.

Well, see, those things are bad, and white conservatives are good, so white conservatives couldn't be those things

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 28, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

I woke up on November 9 to multiple texts from my friends, telling me to be safe. They had came to the same realization I had: I am a black college student in a part of the country where a a lot of people had just made it very clear that they do not respect my skin color. Safety was on their minds.

Oh puhleeze. This little snowflake is safer among White Trump supporters than she is in many Black parts of the Atlanta area, and if she doesn’t believe that, she needs to pay more attention to the local news about what’s really going on in the world around her just outside her safe space campus.

This SJW Big Lie meme about Trump supporters being a danger to the safety of minorities is complete hogwash, and the growing number of documented fake “Trump supporter” hate crimes is testament to this fact. These fools and liars have almost nothing in the way of real, documented violent crimes perpetrated by Trump supporters for political reasons.

I’m sick of their whining, and would tell this little flake the same to her face were I to meet her.

67 posted on 12/26/2016, 11:01:56 AM by FreedomPoster (Islam delenda est)

"White people completely respect black women, and to prove it I would angrily rant at this woman and tell her how stupid she is if I met her."

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

^ this too. Quite a few have vented that racism is standing in front of a black person with a noose screaming "friend of the family" at the top of your lungs. Just calling them ferals, useless blacks, and other such slurs aren't racist because they're not the big scary "n-word".

Even now, to them, the n word means a specific KIND of black person, who you are judging based on actions and definitely not skin color so definitely not racist.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
They believe that if you're racist, that this means you hate all people of that race with no exceptions. But they like Allen West and Ben Carson, who are black, so even if they think every other black person in America is a thieving murdering welfare cheat, well, they like these two black people, so they can't possibly be racist.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Last I checked Hillary didn't have well known groups of racists backing her

Wrong :smuggo: Hillary Clinton called Robert Byrd her friend and mentor, and Byrd was in the KKK, and since we all know that no one can ever change, that means despite renouncing the KKK and working against them, Robert Byrd is actually still part of the KKK, which means by extension, $HRILLARY CUNTON (the butcher of benghazi) is an abominable racist, thus everyone on her side is an abominable racist.

Checkmate, Lieberal.

Fake Edit: Also something about Planned Parenthood.

Fathis Munk posted:

I had a laugh at the last line of that post, "IT will be time to act like an adult & think like an adult."

:laffo:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

McGlockenshire posted:

Remember all that stuff at the beginning about how we should be better than freep? We still should be better from freep, but gently caress freepers forever.

Desperately trying to equivocate a black woman in the deep south with a white guy in San Fran is the funniest part about this post.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 28, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
This was pretty lol inducing

"To be a white conservative student on a conservative campus in a blue state means I am living a life of cognitive dissonance. My campus, where I feel loved and wanted, is situated in a state where many people have been taught to tolerate those who think like me."

Yeah, poor white bread would get tolerated to death, those damned liberals

Might as well just place him in Canada where he'll really be hated
"I'm sorry sir. You'll have to write your hate message in English and French....eh"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 28, 2016

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Star Wars Princess Leia Actress Carrie Fisher Dead At 60! Drugs Takes Another ICON

Leia, No! :smith:

quote:

FReepers there's no bad language so don't be wary of watching it.

I hate it that this happened.
1 posted on 12/27/2016 5:55:29 PM PST by Morgana
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

WENDLE status: still possibly a troll.

quote:

To: Morgana

WE all die. It comes very quickly and surely. I really don’t think she did much. I hope she had children and a good husband but pardon me if I don’t fall to my knees in Idolatry.

4 posted on 12/27/2016 6:02:31 PM PST by WENDLE (Get out of the UN!!!! Get the UN out of our country!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

The guy in the linked video is black, by the way.

quote:

To: Mr. M.J.B.; ButThreeLeftsDo

Perhaps, but he is filled with passionate, real HATRED for Obama, black lives matter, black thug culture, black drug culture, and has openly called for the violent elimination of black thugs, and openly asks for white people to simply not even allow blacks to even MOVE INTO WHITE NEIGHBORHOODS until black get their acts straight.

9 posted on 12/27/2016 6:07:32 PM PST by Lord Castlereagh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Lord Castlereagh

It is not so much “hatred” as it is justifiable frustration and anger that so many of “his” people have been hornswaggled by the very people who, not too many decades ago would have lynched them.

10 posted on 12/27/2016 6:13:21 PM PST by Thumper1960 (Trump-2016)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Remember, Liberals are the real racists.

quote:

To: Mr. M.J.B.; Morgana

Tommy Sotomayor is a most interesting “black dude,” worth anyone’s time to watch.

I’ve watched him over the last few years as he inexorably becomes more and more conservative. He’s smart, and funny, and isn’t afraid to laugh at himself.

He’s also a keen and honest observer of A-A culture in the United States, and it seems to sicken him as much as it sickens me. He had a difficult childhood, and has had some very unpleasant experiences as an adult. These have made him passionate about the pathologies of female-centered black family life, and he’s not afraid to talk about it with brutal honesty. Much of what he says is not for children, NSFW, may be disturbing to some viewers, etc., etc.

12 posted on 12/27/2016 6:21:48 PM PST by Steely Tom ([VOTE FRAUD] == [CIVIL WAR])

quote:

To: Steely Tom

He’s packing heat more than many of us. LOL!

It’s because so many thugs that dont like him speaking out have threatened him, his family, and anyone that associates with him.

He makes it clear that he isnt going down without a fight either. I’ve been watching him for years.

He really does believe in his message and he has got to get crass to get the point across to the people that need to hear it the most.

13 posted on 12/27/2016 6:35:05 PM PST by VanDeKoik
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mr. M.J.B.

Not just “some black dude.”

Sotomayor has been speaking truth for some years now. I don’t agree with him all the time, but he gets most things right.

17 posted on 12/27/2016 7:17:04 PM PST by sauropod (Beware the fury of a patient man. I've lost my patience!)

Oh, right, Fisher.

quote:

Saying it was drugs could be right bit isn’t fair when we don’t know.

I have a good friend who was never a druggie, smoker or drinker and was rather thin. He had a surprise heart attack followed by a 6 way bypass at 47.

He asked the doctors, why me? They said, “crappy genes”.

14 posted on 12/27/2016 6:37:32 PM PST by SaxxonWoods (Ride To The Sound Of The Guns)

quote:

o: Morgana; Mr. M.J.B.; Yaelle; Steely Tom; Chode; All

I'm not much of a follower of the Hollywood celebrity gossip scene, but given Ms. Fisher's accomplishments in that world and the fact that she died at 60 from a massive myocardial infarction, I'm making an educated guess that the primary underlying cause of this was long-term heavy cigarette smoking, rather than LSD and cocaine. The hard drugs scenario over any long amount of time would probably be incompatable with such a lengthy and productive career, a career requiring a good functional brain.

I see that the MSM is making her a poster girl for women's heart disease without ever mentioning her smoking history, which should be the important medical issue here.

19 posted on 12/27/2016 7:23:26 PM PST by justiceseeker93

Haha their even trying to work in conservative persecution to this story.

quote:

To: Chode; All

To the L$M it's only bad when non-celebrities smoke.

Or political conservatives and Republicans. Case in point: very little was ever made of Obama's current smoking during the 2008 campaign, yet we heard a lot more about McCain's previous smoking, which he had stopped many years before. And another: No MSM ever said anything about or showed Jackie Kennedy smoking when she was First Lady, although she consumed up to three packs per day.

27 posted on 12/27/2016 9:19:04 PM PST by justiceseeker93
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

F her. Everyone has problems, doesn't mean the first thing you turn to is drugs to try and solve them.

Ed

29 posted on 12/27/2016 10:58:47 PM PST by husky ed (FOX NEWS ALERT "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead" THIS HAS BEEN A FOX NEWS ALERT)

quote:

To: Yaelle; All

We all know about smoking and lung cancer. But the MSM aren’t too quick to bring up the connection between smoking and coronary artery disease, and, in some instances, sudden cardiac death. This is especially true when it concerns left-leaning celebrities, especially left-leaning female celebrities. Women who continue smoking beyond menopause are at particularly high risk.

31 posted on 12/28/2016 4:44:49 AM PST by justiceseeker93
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

quote:

To: justiceseeker93; Nifster

[justiceseeker93:] given Ms. Fisher's accomplishments in that world and the fact that she died at 60 from a massive myocardial infarction, I'm making an educated guess that the primary underlying cause of this was long-term heavy cigarette smoking, rather than LSD and cocaine. The hard drugs scenario over any long amount of time would probably be incompatable with such a lengthy and productive career, a career requiring a good functional brain.
[Nifster:] She had been sober for many years.

Yup; dumb arguments like she-used-to-use-illegal-drugs-now-she's-dead-so-illegal-drugs-killed-her is par for the Drug Warrior course.

33 posted on 12/28/2016 7:56:54 AM PST by NobleFree ("law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

But hearts never suddenly fail for seemingly no reason! :tinfoil:

quote:

To: NobleFree

If they told me she had died of liver cancer I could buy the argument. I’ve had friends that had their livers go on them after decades of sobriety.

Heart failure not so much

Airplane ride and yes decades of smoking may have been contributory. But then again we don’t know

35 posted on 12/28/2016 8:37:01 AM PST by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

This was pretty lol inducing

"To be a white conservative student on a conservative campus in a blue state means I am living a life of cognitive dissonance. My campus, where I feel loved and wanted, is situated in a state where many people have been taught to tolerate those who think like me."

Yeah, poor white bread would get tolerated to death, those damned liberals

Might as well just place him in Canada where he'll really be hated
"I'm sorry sir. You'll have to write your hate message in English and French....eh"

It's an interesting lack of perspective to acquaint "Being told that I can't call gay people fags and beat them up any more" with "Being called a fag and beaten up."

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Y'know, I just read this one and... hung on it for a while. I know Freep ain't exactly the image of human compassion, but...

It's just pure power fantasy. To demand that much of someone else with incredibly lessened expectations of giving anything in return. This "paragon of industry" is, in truth, anything but industrious. It captures their own greediness against their own laziness. One where they enjoy the benefits of being at the top of hierarchy while doing absolutely nothing to maintain the hierarchy’s health or mutual benefit. They deny there could be any mutual benefit. They would create a situation that is only good for them while being absolute hell for everyone beneath them. They yearn to be the tyrant, and they would happily tell you that.

But in that way, they kind of reveal the point of it all. Throughout all of this is the underlying assumption that even through everything, no matter how educated you may be, no matter the needs that motivate you, not only is all of that irrelevant to them but they don't even want to give us the jobs anyway. To even try with them would be a pointless exercise, and they would happily tell you that.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I clicked through to the thread and read his profile. He's a semi retired independent bookkeeper. He's not hiring nobody.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But drat if he doesn't wish so super hard he could refuse to hire you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

jojoinnit posted:

I clicked through to the thread and read his profile. He's a semi retired independent bookkeeper. He's not hiring nobody.

This isn't just Free Republic, this is like 90% of online conservatives. From my few incursion into /pol/, I've seen the same mindset. They go on and on about how they're all rich and immune from classicism dialogue and can survive any fallout from racist policies somehow hitting them. The reality? Probably all 15 year olds still in high school who want to be edgy or depressed middle aged people who want to play to delusions of grandeur due to feelings of inadequacy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Just imagine those UN bureaucrats having to leave the luxury of the US for some hellhole in Eurabia. :haw:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

MeLKoR posted:

Just imagine those UN bureaucrats having to leave the luxury of the US for some hellhole in Eurabia. :haw:

It really is just amazing how happily they'd gouge out their nose and both eyeballs to spite the UN.

"Permanent veto power as part of the security counsel? gently caress that, we don't need them!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I don't think Trump or his voters get the UN is rigged to give America power over the rest of the western world.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Erenthal posted:

I do find the shifting ideological currents on freep interesting in regards to this. The mainline freep opinion has mostly been racism is bad, conservatives are good. Therefore conservatives cannot be racist. Liberals are bad, so therefore liberals must be racist. That racism is bad somehow even penetrated the thick skulls of these people.

But for some years now I've noticed a growing number of freepers that simply dispense with the above half-cooked defensive bullshit and state quite clearly, Yeah I hate black people, so what?

Essentially they assume that "racism" means hating every single person of that race unconditionally and advocating for literal genocide. You pretty much have to be Hitler to be a racist. Racism is also based on false information and bullshit. In their minds if you say "black people are inherently inferior" it isn't racism because they have proof that black people are, in fact, inferior.

Ignoring that that kind of logic is what led to black people being slaves and then second-class citizens in the first place. This is also why they consider stuff like affirmative action and helping poor black folks get out of being poor is reverse racism. They believe that if blacks wanted out that badly they'd get themselves out. If they don't they either didn't want it or couldn't do it so gently caress 'em. Then they enact policies that put barriers up, cheer on racial profiling, and disenfranchisement while saying "they should just work harder."

Well no poo poo you rigged the game against them. They have to work harder than you to get anywhere and it's your god damned fault.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Covok posted:

I don't think Trump or his voters get the UN is rigged to give America power over the rest of the western world.

Trump and his followers don't realize a lot of things. They were told at some point that x is bad and that's all the proof they need

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Desperately trying to equivocate a black woman in the deep south with a white guy in San Fran is the funniest part about this post.

Yes, it's false equivalence, I'll fully admit to that and just say that drunk freep posting might not be the best use of my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Covok posted:

This isn't just Free Republic, this is like 90% of online conservatives. From my few incursion into /pol/, I've seen the same mindset. They go on and on about how they're all rich and immune from classicism dialogue and can survive any fallout from racist policies somehow hitting them. The reality? Probably all 15 year olds still in high school who want to be edgy or depressed middle aged people who want to play to delusions of grandeur due to feelings of inadequacy.

I have a friend that used to be like this. He inherited a small business from his parents and suddenly he was very into the fart-huffing JOB CREATOR Libertarian mindset. After he hurt his back and couldn't perform the duties of that job anymore, he sold it off and slowly came to the realization that not everyone can do every job and even motivated and skilled people can get completely floored by random, uncontrollable events.

He's an actually tolerable and nice human being now.